Nostalgia Draft - Winner - Isotope

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Had no idea he'd tried to kill himself around the match fixing scandal!
He did yeah, I think I mentioned it once when addressing character-related attributes.

Paolo was already back in South America playing out his career. He got on the first plane to Italy to be by his bedside.

Yeah, he's got the money, a mate would do it, etc. But it does speak volumes that the money and celebrity status doesn't get in the way of knowing the importance of who you choose to spend your TIME with and for.

That same generosity, selflessness and protection of your own/having your back is something those playing alongside him would have perceived and appreciated every day and in every game. It counts, it makes a difference, however intangible it may seem.

antohan

The depth of the CM pool in this era is ridiculous.
It is indeed. I've been taking it easy there, every turn thinking "well, if Gerrard and Deco are still there X, Y, Z are safe as houses" :lol:

Mind you, thought Mendieta was one of those letters :(

antohan

Criminal that Raul and Deco went this late!
There's a relative pool depth issue, but I still had to read through every pick a couple of times in total disbelief.

Pretty sure by the cut-off point Raúl still held most CL goalscoring records. Getting surpassed only by Cristiano here should be a badge of honour, not make you a 7th turn pick.

BorisDeLeFora

The depth of the CM pool in this era is ridiculous.
Absolutely. Pulled the trigger too early on Alonso and Rui Costa far too early, probably would have gotten 2 more picks first and still picked them up, or players of similar quality.

Tough enough figuring out other areas.

TheReligion

Abusive
Absolutely. Pulled the trigger too early on Alonso and Rui Costa far too early, probably would have gotten 2 more picks first and still picked them up, or players of similar quality.

Both good players though mate so don't worry. It's all part of the risk. I love both.

antohan

Hard to tell. Probably Alonso although he ticked a lot of boxes for some of the teams out there. Rui Costa I would have picked by now, maybe even on the same turn. I sure wouldn't have let him get back to you.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
I won’t lie - I had Raul sealed up as next pick before anto took him, because I just knew Deco would last back to me on the way up.
Shocking both made it that far down in the picking order.
I know the pool is deep but their three year peaks IMO are a level above some of their contemporaries.

My original plan was Raul as a false nine and Villa cutting from the RWF position.

antohan

I won’t lie - I had Raul sealed up as next pick before anto took him, because I just knew Deco would last back to me on the way up.
Shocking both made it that far down in the picking order.
I know the pool is deep but their three year peaks IMO are a level above some of their contemporaries.

My original plan was Raul as a false nine and Villa cutting from the RWF position.
Thus all the enigmatic pics. He worked really well with a few teams "south" of me, was never going to let him slip at this stage.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Was basically a toss up between Raúl and Signori for me but Signori was the cleaner fit.

antohan

Was basically a toss up between Raúl and Signori for me but Signori was the cleaner fit.
And I had Signori as backup to my cleaner fit (not wide and into the box but central and occasionally peeling wide) :lol:

You triggered it, delighted, thanks :D

Enigma_87

You know who
Thus all the enigmatic pics. He worked really well with a few teams "south" of me, was never going to let him slip at this stage.
Tbh I have some options as ‘cleaner’ fits but would still have taken Raul based on quality alone.
I have a feeling he won’t be widely accepted as someone that would lead the line(in my case), but was prepared to go there and sell him as he is a serious asset in particular set up and his three year peak is really great in this timeframe despite all the depth in the pool.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
What a brilliant decision it was to start the draft with 2 midfielders, genius stuff.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Hated like 99% of the germans from that generation, late 90s and early 00s but damn i loved this mad bastard!

antohan

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo 2) L. Figo 3) Kaka 4) C. Ferrara 5) G. Bergomi 6) P. Montero 7) F. Ribery
2. Joga 1) Xavi 2) M. Laudrup 3) P. Lahm 4) P. Evra 5) S. Busquets 6) G. Signori 7) R. Ayala
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini 2) J. Stam 3) P. Vieira 4) L. Matthaus 5) D. Bergkamp 6) Leonardo 7) Overmars
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Ferdinand 4) N. Vidic 5) Dunga 6) G. Mendieta 7) J. Litmanen
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta 2) S. Eto'o 3) Maicon 4) W. Rooney 5) A. Vidal 6) D. Drogba
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane 2) T. Henry 3) R. Giggs 4) D. Deschamps 5) F. Hierro 6) P. Schmeichel 7) M. Ballack
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos 2) J. Zanetti 3) M. Sammer 4) Luis Enrique 5) C. Puyol 6) G. Chiellini 7) Raúl
8. Michael 1) F. Redondo 2) J.R. Riquelme 3) F. Cannavaro 4) Del Piero 5) D. Simeone 6) Zé Roberto 7) W. Sagnol
9. TheReligion 1) B. Lizarazu 2) Dani Alves 3) C. Makelele 4) C. Seedorf 5) G. Hagi 6) G. Weah 7) S. Gerrard
10. EAP 1) F. Baresi 2) Cafu 3) J. Kohler 4) R. van Nistelrooy 5) F. Totti 6) M. Essien 7) G. Pessotto
11. Enigma 1) Ronaldinho 2) E. Davids 3) B. Schweinsteiger 4) D. Villa 5) P. McGrath 6) D. Irwin 7) Deco
12. Gio/Theon 1) Romario 2) H. Stoichkov 3) A. Pirlo 4) F. Rijkaard 5) A. Robben 6) E. Abidal 7) G. Buffon
13. Boris 1) G. Batistuta 2) P. Nedved 3) X. Alonso 4) M Rui Costa 5) S Campbell 6) G. Zambrotta 7) J. Terry
14. Sjor 1) P. Scholes 2) R. Keane 3) R. Carvalho 4) D. Beckham 5) A. Costacurta 6) D. Savicevic 7) O. Kahn
15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit
16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) Vieri 6) Benarrivo

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@Himannv picks Henrik Larsson

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo 2) L. Figo 3) Kaka 4) C. Ferrara 5) G. Bergomi 6) P. Montero 7) F. Ribery
2. Joga 1) Xavi 2) M. Laudrup 3) P. Lahm 4) P. Evra 5) S. Busquets 6) G. Signori 7) R. Ayala
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini 2) J. Stam 3) P. Vieira 4) L. Matthaus 5) D. Bergkamp 6) Leonardo 7) Overmars
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Ferdinand 4) N. Vidic 5) Dunga 6) G. Mendieta 7) J. Litmanen
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane 2) T. Henry 3) R. Giggs 4) D. Deschamps 5) F. Hierro 6) P. Schmeichel 7) M. Ballack
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos 2) J. Zanetti 3) M. Sammer 4) Luis Enrique 5) C. Puyol 6) G. Chiellini 7) Raúl
8. Michael 1) F. Redondo 2) J.R. Riquelme 3) F. Cannavaro 4) Del Piero 5) D. Simeone 6) Zé Roberto 7) W. Sagnol
9. TheReligion 1) B. Lizarazu 2) Dani Alves 3) C. Makelele 4) C. Seedorf 5) G. Hagi 6) G. Weah 7) S. Gerrard
10. EAP 1) F. Baresi 2) Cafu 3) J. Kohler 4) R. van Nistelrooy 5) F. Totti 6) M. Essien 7) G. Pessotto
11. Enigma 1) Ronaldinho 2) E. Davids 3) B. Schweinsteiger 4) D. Villa 5) P. McGrath 6) D. Irwin 7) Deco
12. Gio/Theon 1) Romario 2) H. Stoichkov 3) A. Pirlo 4) F. Rijkaard 5) A. Robben 6) E. Abidal 7) G. Buffon
13. Boris 1) G. Batistuta 2) P. Nedved 3) X. Alonso 4) M Rui Costa 5) S Campbell 6) G. Zambrotta 7) J. Terry
14. Sjor 1) P. Scholes 2) R. Keane 3) R. Carvalho 4) D. Beckham 5) A. Costacurta 6) D. Savicevic 7) O. Kahn
15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit 7) H. Larsson
16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) Vieri 6) Benarrivo

antohan

ohh i wouldnt pull the trigger yet, just thought he was safe for some bizarre reason :lol:
I thought he was safe-ish for a couple more rounds too.

It did fit Enigma's description of what he wanted to do very well though.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit 7) H. Larsson
16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) Vieri 6) Benarrivo 7) Albertini 8) Jorginho

@Himannv

Himannv

15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit 7) H. Larsson 8) S. Reuter
16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) Vieri 6) Benarrivo 7) Albertini 8) Jorginho

@Šjor Bepo