Not replacing Lukaku and Sanchez

Eric's Seagull

I think you are right, but does that sound as insane to you as it does to me? We need several more top players to mount a consistent title chase, but at £100+ per player at that level we can’t buy enough talent to do it. No one can. Those days are over even for the oil state clubs. City is going to find it hard to replace their aging squad members that they bought in more reasonable times, and they’re coming from a position of strength. Good thing our academy prospects look so promising.
We are lucky that we have got so many promising players coming through as the prices are getting ridiculous and it may take all our budget to buy Sancho alone. Despite the other areas that we need to strengthen to in the squad. We just have to have faith in Ole and hope that they youngsters come good and hope that we can somehow find some bargains along the way.

starman

They have been replaced.

James is Sanchez's replacement and Martial is Lukaku's replacement. Greenwood, Gomes & Chong will replace Martial previous responsibilities.
The only thing that has not be replaced is the reputations.

Are James & Martial ultimately good enough? That remains to be seen, but they offer the team more than Lukaku and Sanchez did, that's for sure

Ekeke

I think we could potentially get by without replacing them, but it seems like Lingard and Mata are among Ole's trusted players and they are not good enough to do it. Lots of chances for Greenwood and Gomes might be able to fill in for them, but relying on the players who havent been good enough is predictably going to be not good enough

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
They have been replaced.

James is Sanchez's replacement and Martial is Lukaku's replacement. Greenwood, Gomes & Chong will replace Martial previous responsibilities.
The only thing that has not be replaced is the reputations.

Are James & Martial ultimately good enough? That remains to be seen, but they offer the team more than Lukaku and Sanchez did, that's for sure
The voice of reason.