Nuno sacked

jetlee

Can’t wait for Conte to make them look a decent outfit again. While we hold on hope to Ole bringing us back to the United way…
Any thread on the caf right now:
"Yeah, but what about Ole?"
Some people are unhealthily obsessed..

Ixion

If we finish below Conte's Spurs and Arteta's Arsenal...

dinostar77

That's how you do it. Utd board you paying attention?

So that's both Spurs and Newcastle looking for new managers. Both want elite managers if possible. Hope we dont miss out on someone because of our dithering over Ole (who needs to go).

TheGame

That's how you do it. Utd board you paying attention?

So that's both Spurs and Newcastle looking for new managers. Both want elite managers if possible. Hope we dont miss out on someone because of our dithering over Ole (who needs to go).
Yep, go through several different managers in the summer, offer one a job then take it away after you find out he made offensive comments then appoint your 6th or 7th choice because everyone else turned you down then get offered £150m for a player who wants to leave but refuse it. Yep sounds like the United board should be listening. Surprised they haven't knighted Levy already.

nygaard

I thought he would've been good for them. Maybe they need a roster shake up too

OleBoiii

They're just 5 points behind top 4(which surely is their ultimate goal) and it's only November 1st, so my guess is that he's lost both the dressing room and the fans. Alternatively, Conte made himself available and the temptation was too much for Levy.

Before this season started you could make a case for Tottenham having the best attack in the league on paper. The fact that they score less than 1 goal per game and that only Norwich have scored fewer goals is pretty embarrassing. But Kane has also been genuinely shite. I really doubt that a better manager would have made a difference when it comes to him. He may turn a corner now, but his terrible form had to end sometime anyways.

Nuno was probably not the right man for the job, but it was a terribly difficult job to begin with.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Conte was not a good fit for us, we need the right replacement for Ole. I couldn't give a toss if spurs get Conte if it means we get Ten Hag.
+1.

Conte might be a good coach and i'm sure he will make Spurs better than they currently are, but hes no magician either and unless his arrival means Kane finds new motivation, im not sure how much they will improve really

Ixion

Conte was not a good fit for us, we need the right replacement for Ole. I couldn't give a toss if spurs get Conte if it means we get Ten Hag.
He'll go to Barca or Newcastle and we'll end up with Poch when PSG have binned him.

bondsname

Nuno:
P10, W5, D0, L5: 15 points
Loses game 0-3 while managing an inferior team.
Gets sacked.

Ole:
P10, W5, D2, L3: 17 points
Loses game 0-5 to the club's biggest rivals at home while managing an on-par team (including the GOAT and 100m in bench warmers).
8 points off the top in October.
Still in the job.

Say what you want about Spurs, they act like a big club. Might even get Conte.
Meanwhile, United will add him to the list of those that got away.
I’m in the Ole out club aswell, but to be fair Ole has been here 3 years, has two top 3 finishes in a row and assembled our best squad in ages, so I get why the club has reservations about sacking him. So I don’t think comparing Ole’s situations to Nuno’s isn’t the same. Besides the options available aren’t that compelling.

SuperiorXI

+1.

Conte might be a good coach and i'm sure he will make Spurs better than they currently are, but hes no magician either and unless his arrival means Kane finds new motivation, im not sure how much they will improve really
Agreed. Lots of overreacting on here. We are in a bad situation and Conte is a good coach but he never would of worked out for us. Good things come to those who wait. Ten Hag would fit us like a glove.

SuperiorXI

He'll go to Barca or Newcastle and we'll end up with Poch when PSG have binned him.
He is the best candidate, the club need to go all out and then have some backups lined up. Will they do it? Probably not as they're incapable of running the club in an efficient way so you're probably right. We end up with a Poch or Rodgers...

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
All the people saying Tottenham are acting like a big club make me laugh. They sacked Jose right before a final, messed about in the summer and got the 8th choice, then sack him after a few months.

If the summer is anything to go by, half the managers in Europe will have just turned their phones off after reading the news.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Decisive action from Levy - meanwhile Woodward twiddles his thumbs......
Decisive action would've been selling Kane and using the money to get a better/more balanced team.

Levy's decisive action sacked Poch. Levy's decisive action (apparently) meant he backed out of Fonseca for Gattuso then backed out of Gattuso.

If copying Levy is an option, I'm glad we don't.

Sviken

It's really weird to see a club like Spurs being more ambitious than us. They sack the manager even though they're just 2 points behind us :lol:

atticus finch

Decisive action from Levy - meanwhile Woodward twiddles his thumbs......
Don't agree with the inference. Under Levy, Spurs have now had 11 managers and won nothing much. Not won the League since 1961. Continuity of manager is what gives you success unless you can afford to buy the best players in the world. For us, SMB and SAF built football success because they were given time.

Bobcat

It's really weird to see a club like Spurs being more ambitious than us. They sack the manager even though they're just 2 points behind us :lol:
When did sacking managers become synonymous with ambition?

The club has made so many terrible calls the last couple of seasons and this looks more like throwing Nuno under the bus to save their own hides

Conte and Levy looks like a match made in hell.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not sure why people think Ten Hag is the right fit for us? He's the "dream fit" sure assuming he can replicate Ajax's style here, but our structure behind the manager and at board level isn't changing. So the ideal fit for Manchester United is to find a manager that can be successful regardless. Antonio Conte was that perfect man IMO. Sure he might get pissed off over time and leave, but he's successful in the meantime, and that's about all we can hope for. Like this we're just trying to copy some other clubs but without the structure behind which doesn't work IMO.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Spuds have higher standards than Man Utd everyone. What a day

Sviken

When did sacking managers become synonymous with ambition
Managers getting sacked usually aren't sacked for performing to expectations, aren't they?

I truly hope Conte goes to Spurs now just to see all the bed wetters on here cry about it.
You do understand that we have a very real chance of missing top 4 at this point? Spurs, even with a bad manager of Ole's calibre, are just 2 points behind us. You think Conte wouldn't be able to get them to top 4? It's insane to me how so many people want this club to fail just so they can sit on their high horse of sticking to the "United Way" or whatever nonsense they've conjured in response to mediocrity.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
PE teacher will get another crack at the whip next season then, since I doubt we’d go for Zidane.

This club make me sick.

ZupZup

You do understand that we have a very real chance of missing top 4 at this point? Spurs, even with a bad manager of Ole's calibre, are just 2 points behind us. You think Conte wouldn't be able to get them to top 4? It's insane to me how so many people want this club to fail just so they can sit on their high horse of sticking to the "United Way" or whatever nonsense they've conjured in response to mediocrity.
Do you even listen to yourself?... already having a panic that we are missing out on top 4 and Spurs are going to leap frog everyone because Conte the messiah is coming in. The epitome of a bed wetter.

It's nothing to do with a high horse. I just don't cry because of some hypothetical situation I have imagined in my head.

Bobcat

Managers getting sacked usually aren't sacked for performing to expectations, aren't they?
Spurs have no doubt been bad this season, but 5 points behind top 4, 10 games into the season? I dont know what ambitions and goals they have, but they have hardly been stellar the past few years, and this year they play in the fecking UEFA Conference league so what did they expect really?

Then you have the whole Kane mess. He has surely downed tools and/or his body is shot, but they were fecking mental to turn down poentially 100 million for 28 year old, with a skechy injury record who on top of that has wanted to leave for years

Nuno is a decent manager imo. He took Wolves up and made them into a solid midtable club, while having many of their best talents poached every transfer window. Conte is no doubt a step up, and even though i am sure he will improve them, i honestly dont think hes going to turn them into a force either.

Also, as i said: Conte + Levy? That cant end well

Highfather_24

I'm not sure why people think Ten Hag is the right fit for us? He's the "dream fit" sure assuming he can replicate Ajax's style here, but our structure behind the manager and at board level isn't changing. So the ideal fit for Manchester United is to find a manager that can be successful regardless. Antonio Conte was that perfect man IMO. Sure he might get pissed off over time and leave, but he's successful in the meantime, and that's about all we can hope for. Like this we're just trying to copy some other clubs but without the structure behind which doesn't work IMO.
And there's zero indication Ten Hag even wants to come to United, or that United have concrete interest in him. Its just a pipe dream. Most credible sources have pointed towards Rodgers as the possible replacement, because he's british and wont cause the board much problems.

The Irish Connection

If Conte goes there it will be bad for us, at least in the short term. Let’s hope we can get to January while still in touch with top 4 and get the needed midfielder. Then do everything to get Ten Hag for the summer.

Sviken

Spurs have no doubt been bad this season, but 5 points behind top 4, 10 games into the season? I dont know what ambitions and goals they have, but they have hardly been stellar the past few years, and this year they play in the fecking UEFA Conference league so what did they expect really?
I don't know what ambitions and goals they have, but evidently they're higher than ours. Sack a manager they believe is underperforming and then go get a world class one while we sit with Ole and HOPE for a top 4 place despite spending 500 million. This tells a lot our club, not Spurs. If Ole by some miracle got the job at Madrid and Bayern, club we should look up to as to how they are run, he'd have been shown the door ages ago.

Highfather_24

The epitome of a bed wetter.
Yeah totally. What's really cool and macho is getting dicked 5-0 by Liverpool at Old trafford. And we have top reds like you defending and enabling that, because its "the united way". Thats so badass. Because feck the fans for having some ambition and wanting a world class manager at our club. Total bed wetting behaviour for sure.

Last edited:

ZupZup

Yeah totally. What's really cool is getting dicked 5-0 by Liverpool at Old trafford. And we have top reds like you defending and enabling that, because its "the united way". Because feck the fans for having some ambition and wanting a world class manager at our club. Total bed wetting behaviour for sure.
Cry more.