Nuri Sahin

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm confused, He's a Real Madrid player, loaned to Liverpool who are loaning him to Dortmund ?
Yes. Afaik Liverpool loan him to Dortmund until the end of the season then Dortmund will loan him from Real for another season.

Cevno

FOOTBALL
Nuri Sahin criticises Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers for playing him out of position during his four months at Anfield.

The Turkey midfielder, 24, joined the Reds on a season-long loan from Real Madrid last summer but made only 12 appearances before the deal was terminated in January. He is now on loan at Borussia Dortmund.

"Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a 10. But I do not play behind the forwards....I have left Brendan Rodgers, thanks be to God," he said.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
A few rumours that what he actually said didn't mean to come across like that.

At the end of the day he isn't the first player to have a go at their previous club, for whatever reason.

He isn't exactly thriving at Dortmund if his last few appearances are to go by, being used mainly as a sub late in the game.
Seems to suggest to me he is struggling to settle anywhere at the moment.
Maybe when he leaves he will have a dig at them too?

84min sub - 77min sub - Full Game -89min sub - 82min sub - 81min sub - 82min sub

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He can say what he wants, but he was awfull during his spell at Liverpool, one of the most "talented midfielders in the world" couldn't compete with the likes of Joe Allen and Jonjo Shelvey, and before that he failed big at Real Madrid too. Even if Rodgers insisted at playing him in number 10 role, I'm sure it was down to his lack of responsibilities to play in central midfield.

Still funny seeing someone having a go at Liverpool manager though.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
More than anything, I reckon that's bad translation. Don't think he's having a pop.

Mad Winger

he failed big at Real Madrid too.
To be fair, he had a long-term injury to recover from, while also having to fight Alonso, Khedira and Modric for a CM spot. He was doomed from the very beginning imo. Going to Real was a stupid decision in the first place, considering that he was the star of an up-and-coming Dortmund team. It makes no sense to warm the bench in Madrid then. I'm also sure a lot of other good clubs offered decent contracts as well. Why didn't he pick them? In hindsight, his Real move could potentially be the move that destroyed his whole career.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
To be fair, he had a long-term injury to recover from, while also having to fight Alonso, Khedira and Modric for a CM spot. He was doomed from the very beginning imo. Going to Real was a stupid decision in the first place, considering that he was the star of an up-and-coming Dortmund team. It makes no sense to warm the bench in Madrid then. I'm also sure a lot of other good clubs offered decent contracts as well. Why didn't he pick them? In hindsight, his Real move could potentially be the move that destroyed his whole career.
He didn't have Modric there during his first season, and he wasn't injured that much at all. I remember he played couple of games for Turkey while he was "injured" for Real Madrid. There was one period when Mourinho was saying he was injured all the time, yet he got national call and played good for Turkey, and Mourinho said this after:

"No offence, but Real Madrid is a much better team than the Turkish national side. Club sides are better than national teams and it's easier to play regularly for your country's team than for your club because the teams are stronger.

"It's great news for us that Sahin did well and he can do even more if he continues to have a great preseason and to grow with the team. We're in no condition to kid around and use players who, in my opinion, aren't as productive as others right now."

...which proved he wasn't injured at all during that period, and that either he simply wasn't good enough, or that Mourinho didn't trust him for some other reason. Considering Rodgers never trusted him also, it's not hard to figure out what was the main problem.

And even when they were declaring him as fit, he was getting apps in some odd (most often cup) games where they already had good results from first the game.

However, I agree on part where you say he shouldn't go to Madrid, that was immature from him, and what was even more idiotic is that he was saying he wouldn't go anywhere else even on loan because "Real Madrid was the best club in the world for him, bla bla," even when they were clearly ignoring him. He practicly slowed his development for almost two years.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
He didn't have Modric there during his first season, and he wasn't injured that much at all. I remember he played couple of games for Turkey while he was "injured" for Real Madrid. There was one period when Mourinho was saying he was injured all the time, yet he got national call and played good for Turkey, and Mourinho said this after:

"No offence, but Real Madrid is a much better team than the Turkish national side. Club sides are better than national teams and it's easier to play regularly for your country's team than for your club because the teams are stronger.

"It's great news for us that Sahin did well and he can do even more if he continues to have a great preseason and to grow with the team. We're in no condition to kid around and use players who, in my opinion, aren't as productive as others right now."

...which proved he wasn't injured at all during that period, and that either he simply wasn't good enough, or that Mourinho didn't trust him for some other reason. Considering Rodgers never trusted him also, it's not hard to figure out what was the main problem.

And even when they were declaring him as fit, he was getting apps in some odd (most often cup) games where they already had good results from first the game.

However, I agree on part where you say he shouldn't go to Madrid, that was immature from him, and what was even more idiotic is that he was saying he wouldn't go anywhere else even on loan because "Real Madrid was the best club in the world for him, bla bla," even when they were clearly ignoring him. He practicly slowed his development for almost two years.
Another point i seem to recall was that mourinho suggested Sahin needed the team to be built around him, and that he didn't seem comfortable fitting into different types of systems.

Don't know if it is true or even if i recall correctly, just thought it was interesting at the time, and looking back since then, he has not produced anywhere near his original form for either Liverpool or for Dortmund in different systems and circumstances.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Business for him as usual in Dortmund? Seems to be doing well again. Perhaps one of those players who shouldn't leave the bird nest?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Business for him as usual in Dortmund? Seems to be doing well again. Perhaps one of those players who shouldn't leave the bird nest?
Could be, yes.

Sahin has undeniable qualities, which could help nearly any team in the world. He has one big problem, though. He is quite one dimensional and can only really deliver on one position as creative CM or "8".

This spot was taken by the nearly untouchable Xabi Alonso at Madrid, when he transfered there. It was clear, that he would have a hard time there to get play time. His injury at the start of the 2011/2012 season basically sealed his fate there. The Modric deal at the end of his first season made it quite clear, that they planned without him.

What followed was his unsuccessful spell at Liverpool and there it was not so much his competition or injuries, which were the roots of his problems. The biggest difference between Sahin at Liverpool and the current Sahin at Dortmund sits on the bench. An overall decent coach in difference to a world class coach.

Rodgers simply could not manage to use him to his biggest potential.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Could be, yes.

Sahin has undeniable qualities, which could help nearly any team in the world. He has one big problem, though. He is quite one dimensional and can only really deliver on one position as creative CM or "8".

This spot was taken by the nearly untouchable Xabi Alonso at Madrid, when he transfered there. It was clear, that he would have a hard time there to get play time. His injury at the start of the 2011/2012 season basically sealed his fate there. The Modric deal at the end of his first season made it quite clear, that they planned without him.

What followed was his unsuccessful spell at Liverpool and there it was not so much his competition or injuries, which were the roots of his problems. The biggest difference between Sahin at Liverpool and the current Sahin at Dortmund sits on the bench. An overall decent coach in difference to a world class coach.

Rodgers simply could not manage to use him to his biggest potential.
Rodgers seemed to be using him wrong, instead of playing him where Xabi plays as that deeper playmaker at Pool he was often the most advanced of the three from what I saw. I remember Allen and Gerrard sitting and Sahin being played in that position off the striker where Henderson has been getting games. He didn't seem to know how to use him at all which might explin why he didn't really perform.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Weird how it didn't work out for him at Real or Liverpool, clearly a quality player.