Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeysMagic

Jim White has become an insufferable parody of himself these days! Every 5th word out of his mouth is 'Ighalo'...even he must realise his 'deadline day's antics are becoming a lamentable joke.

SmithLogic

I approve of this, if it happens.

If anything, competition up front might wake Martial up somewhat, in addition to relieving pressure from Greenwood.

Both of these, along with the loan is, good business by the club.

Superunknown

I was initially very sceptical of this when I saw his name pop up a few hours ago, but this could turn out to be a good low-key move. We're short of attacking options and haven't really got too much to lose by signing this player on a short-term loan deal. If he comes off the bench to score an equaliser or a winner, then it'll be worth it. With Rashford out, we're relying on an inconsistent Martial and an inexperienced Greenwood to get the goals. Not every signing has to be a huge name.

I'd rather have him in the squad as an option rather than the alternative, which is nobody else coming in. If we're losing a game and desperately need extra firepower, it's handy to have somebody on the bench who at least knows where the net is.

Castia

Apparently Spurs and Inter in for him too according to Sky.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Turns out Inter were in for him too but he had his heart set on United once her heard we were interested. Half of you muppets are going to flip your opinion now...
Pretty sure it came out that he was a massive United fan when we were linked with him a few years ago?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Turns out Inter were in for him too but he had his heart set on United once her heard we were interested. Half of you muppets are going to flip your opinion now...
It’s mostly United supporters who can never see anything good about the club. Many others respect us.

Jezpeza

We got a body in. A fan of the club. Will try hard. Had a decent prem record and is athletic. If we tried earlier could probably have got someone better but not a lot of harm done by having a loan for a backup striker

Xeno

We got a body in. A fan of the club. Will try hard. Had a decent prem record and is athletic. If we tried earlier could probably have got someone better but not a lot of harm done by having a loan for a backup striker
I’m a fan of the club, will try hard and am athletic.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Can't really see the downside with a potential 6-month loan deal. Even if he doesn't show anything of note he could simply go back to China in the summer.

DavidDeSchmikes

Sky Sports News

'INTER MILAN WANTED IGHALO'

Sky Sports News Dharmesh Sheth:

“There was another twist as Inter Milan, who have been buying everybody in this window, when they didn’t get Olivier Giroud, they asked about Odion Ighalo but he had his heart set on a move back to the Premier League and Manchester United.”

Pav1878

Absolute joke of a signing. Of all the strikers around the world, we've gone for Ighalo. How the money grabbing mercenaries have landed on their feet in this world eh? Feck off to China and still get a big break . Feck me

Status
Not open for further replies.