Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Woodward will take too long and we will be 2 seconds late. Money saved, but it looks like we tried so fans are happy enough with him. Job done!

if that’s seriously his record. Then bloody hell that’s good. He’s A loan signing. If he ends up sitting in the bench and making a few sub appearances, then so be it. We currently have no one we can bring off the bench. If Martial gets injured, we really are buggered.

crossy1686

career ending
Turns out Inter were in for him too but he had his heart set on United once her heard we were interested. Half of you muppets are going to flip your opinion now...

fezzerUTD

Tend to agree, unreliable. Needs a personality transplant before being a guaranteed starter at United
Think we have been blinded over the past few season over moments of brilliance, whilst most of the time hes been mediocre.

Red_toad

Will be nice having a striker who takes up good locations within the box for a change. Martial can learn a lot from him :p

Judas

Open to offers
Turns out Inter were in for him too but he had his heart set on United once her heard we were interested. Half of you muppets are going to flip your opinion now...
I've been in discussions with Inter because I've been to Old Trafford, but they've left it too late and I'm staying put.

DBT85

I hope he bangs a ton of goals not for the clubs benefit but just to piss off everyone calling a guy coming in to give us a hand in fecking dire circumstances, who's a fellow fan, utter shit. On loan. As a backup.

By the sounds of it we have a striker target who, shock, wasn't available right now.

A body is better than no body.

Lee565

The hope will be that he can have a honeymoon period at our club just like he did with Watford, we see it a lot over the years in the premier league where strikers arrive at a new club and have a great start before their form takes a dive, you could use James of such an example for us, that would be fine if rashford can make it back by April.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
My last memory of Ighalo playing was him missing all those one on ones v Argentina in the world cup, was useless that game.

He was decent at Watford the first season they came up but Troy Deeney did set up lots of his goals so think he's better in a two upfront than just lone forward and not sure he'll link up that well with Martial. Will probably be just bench filler until Rashford returns.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Re:Larsson You all have short memories.

Castia

In all honesty I can’t remember his time at Watford but we need depth and a 6 month loan won’t hurt so feck it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Could be Larssonesque.
Nah. Larsson was a great striker in his day. Ighalo had 1 good season (merely good), then scored 1 in 18 and went to China. Hes better than nobody, as at this point we basically need to play an 18 year old every week, but I wouldnt expect him to be anything other than pretty shit.

CM

So? What single good reason can you give me not to include that clause given the option? I've given you actual differences between the loans which you clearly can't counter. 'Theyre all loans' is about as compelling an argument as saying signing Bruno and signing Darren Randolph because they were both signings.
:lol: Take a look back at what you've actually said.

You made the point about the Ighalo deal being a stopgap signing, and therefore not a valid comparison (despite Kallstrom, Suarez and Soares also being signed on short-term loans).

Even if I accept your strained reasons why those short-term Arsenal signings were actually long-term signings, how is the Ighalo deal any different if an option to buy exists?

SER19

Smart deal. Acting to cover where we're thin and leaving funds free for summer.

Really good striker too, I reckon he'll get 7-10

Xeno

Sorry if it’s been answered previously. Any other Nigerians to start for us? Obi Mikel is the only one I think tangentially linked, plus some youth prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.