Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's a proper bum and the definition of a panic buy. Probably the most panic buy we've had in recent memory.
Buy? My understanding was he was coming on loan while our best forward recovered from injury. Silly me.

Amarsdd

China is a dead end league for bums who have no ambition and just want to fill their pockets, the standard is nowhere near the PL, it's not even MLS level. I made that post 4 years ago, people acting like players don't regress over that period of time is crazy.
I don't blame these players at all. Some people just have different priorities, they just want their family and maybe even grandchildren set up for life with that one bumper contract instead of trying to be ambitious in a field where it easier to fail than not. I'm more critical of players who put on a face that they are moving for ambitious reasons and then go on to ask for ludicrous amounts of money than the usual.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I too hate it when strikers score unexciting goals. Whats the point of them? Ew a tap in merchant! Someone who gets on the ends of crosses?! Disgusting. A striker who is in the box?! Revolting.
Plus we all know exciting goals count for more goals. That's why Fred keeps shooting from crazy places, he wants to get that sweet 3 goal bonus goal goal.

mu4c_20le

Viva Ighalo
Viva Ighalo
Ole says he's back
gonna get him the sack
Viva Ighalo

0le

As far as I know, Chelsea didn't sign anyone. We got a big talent and may get some cover up front. It may make the difference between CL and EL football next year. But yeah, it is underwhelming.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Which youngsters will he take minutes off bro?
Usual overreaction.

We only have Ramazani I think and he’s a kid. No chance he’ll be risked so a loan for a few months makes sense.

All we need is mason to get injured and we’re fecked

Amarsdd

I'm pissing myself laughing at people being annoyed at us having an option to buy as part of the deal. Why on earth are people mad about that aspect?! If he's good we sign him, if he's not, we don't, its not complex.
exactly. I've been dumbfounded by some of the comments regarding this in the last few pages. I don't know if they know what that means or just don't know how to read.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I don't blame these players at all. Some people just have different priorities, they just want their family and maybe even grandchildren set up for life with that one bumper contract instead trying to be ambitious in a field where it easier to fail than not. I'm more critical of players who put on a face that they are moving for ambitious reasons and then go on to ask for ludicrous amounts of money than the usual.
According to Wiki:

Ighalo is known to be a devout Christian, who also often dedicates part of his wages for Nigerian charitable organisations to help impoverished children, schools and widows below the poverty line.

Lee565

Looking at us being in a situation of desperately getting ighalo on loan because of how short we are in attack makes me think, I can understand letting lukaku go because he wanted to leave and I can understand Sanchez being allowed to go on loan because of his wages having a bad influence in the dressing room but we should have kept fellaini, I know he was never the silkiest player but we were already lacking numbers in midfield and he could have done a decent job as an emergency striker/false 9.

We heard Solskjear saying he wanted a striker that would break their nose to score a goal and get us ugly goals, I'm pretty sure fellaini would have done those things like we saw on many occasions when we used him as a plan b option to break teams down.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
According to Wiki:

Ighalo is known to be a devout Christian, who also often dedicates part of his wages for Nigerian charitable organisations to help impoverished children, schools and widows below the poverty line.
me gusta:angel:

crossy1686

career ending
Bodies?

bloody hell, I would prefer a supposedly big club to sign players rather than bodies.
Some of you how mental expectations on a January deadline transfer deadline day. We're bereft of numbers up top and this is a loan deal, there's nothing negative about this deal if it happens.

alexanderplatz

I like this-it’s a short loan and I enjoy seeing someone get a chance to live his dream-mightnt have the quality but at least you know he’ll give 100% and isn’t just here for the paycheck. Get behind the lad and just enjoy the story, footy can still be enjoyable if you let it you know

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
According to Wiki:

What an arsehole. Stupid idiot moved himself to China for a few years too to secure him and his family’s future for the next fifty years, along with allowing him to donate heavily to good causes. If he had anything about him he would have showed ambition by fighting relegation with Watford year after year!!!111

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s not the best but as a short term plug it’s a fine deal. He’s experienced physically able and has a decent record. Also means we have a slightly different style of player to use and take pressure off Greenwood who is too young to be putting the amount of games behind him that he has done already

Amarsdd

According to Wiki:

thats even better, he prioritizes charities as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.