Odion Ighalo: Manchester United player on loan until the end of the season

manuchamp88

The Cantonese are originally based in Guangzhou in China. The Cantonese dialect is spoken in many regions of southern China and also in HK.

Just because you’ve heard something doesn’t mean it’s true.
By Cantonese, I'm referring of course, to the most well-known speakers, aka Hong Kongers. If you want me to call them Hong Kongers for clarity, I can.

For reference:

Born2Lose

People are very quick to write off the supply to the forwards, but there's been countless times over the season where I've noticed an empty space in the box where a half decent poacher would be. It's not a great signing, but it will be interesting for sure.

Louis Van Gonads

How many goals do you think he’ll score by the end of the season?

Excluding penalties I’m going for 2.

Can7onA

People are very quick to write off the supply to the forwards, but there's been countless times over the season where I've noticed an empty space in the box where a half decent poacher would be. It's not a great signing, but it will be interesting for sure.
Yep, just goal hang, he will get 5+ I reckon just from hanging about.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yep, just goal hang, he will get 5+ I reckon just from hanging about.
Feck me, how people don't get this is beyond me We literally never give the CBs anything to worry about and when Rashford has broke his neck to get into the box, he's usually scored.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Dan James can get back to banging crosses across the six yard box Ighalo will feast

RikRuud

Given he is a United fan I'd be hoping that the effort, passion and appreciation he shows for the badge echoes throughout the rest of the squad and reminds other players what an honour it is to represent this club!

RUCK4444

Given he is a United fan I'd be hoping that the effort, passion and appreciation he shows for the badge echoes throughout the rest of the squad and reminds other players what an honour it is to represent this club!
This. I feel like I'm bashing Martial all the time but we don't get this from him imo.

buckooo1978

as a SUPPORTER I'm getting behind Ighalo - no one is expecting miracles but his presence means we can rotate exhausted looking players like James, out of form players like Martial and not rely on a kid like Greenwood

Think he is living the dream and will give everything - if he scored 5/6 goals that would be a real success

Coops73

How many goals do you think he’ll score by the end of the season?

Excluding penalties I’m going for 2.
I’m going for 10 just for shits and giggles, can’t put my finger on why but I’ve got a weirdly good feeling about him. :nervous:

Wheato

There’s been an outstanding lack of awareness in the transfer forum today. We’ve had people asking why didn’t we go for the China-based forward that Barcelona were in for and had second thoughts on, not realising that this time last year Barca were after Ighalo for a backup role, the same reason we want him now, and he turned them down wanting to be first choice elsewhere. Ighalo’s turned down Spurs too this window and has only been willing to come back to join United specifically. A hungry, motivated Ighalo, whose China wages have set him and his family for life, and who can now focus on football for his final few good years, will be a bigger asset than the half-arsed Lukaku was.
If he gets us into the top 4 then people will look back and say what a masterstroke. I think he will show Martial a thing or two about leading the line and making chances for yourself.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Nope

Jericholyte2

Theyy do realise we've signed him essentially to be a live body, not to be making a full,lasting impact at the club?

He'll be here for a few months, maybe make 10-15 appearances across all competitions, give Martial and Greenwood some respite, then be gone.

I do wish him the bestand will support him but he isn't here to make a United career.

kirk buttercup

Best of luck Champ . I hope he turns out to be an amazing signing that we all think "bloody hell didnt see that coming" , love to see Bruno and him link up to score loads of goals .

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
And yet his former club, Chelsea couldn't get one striker in that very same window despite going to court to get it's transfer ban lifted.
I am guessing it means that Chelsea is non existent in world football then?

People are making such stupid assessment about a loanee.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Not exactly sure why, but I have a hunch he is going to be a really good signing until the end of the season.

Wonder if we’ll have a thread later on in the season with people debating whether or not we sign him on a permanent basis.

0le

He will be worse than Manucho or that bloke Diouf.
No he won't and I don't understand how you can compare him to those players. Ighalo actually played at a decent level in the PL.

the chameleon

I think he will score between 5 to 9 goals and become a cult hero. There will be pressure to turn his deal to permanent. Which the board will succumb to. All plans to get a top striker will be abandoned. He will then have a massive goal drought and we will be begging the board to get a new striker in January.

wolvored

Id play him as the CF he cant do any worse than Martial. Im going to say he will get 8 goals

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I think he will score between 5 to 9 goals and become a cult hero. There will be pressure to turn his deal to permanent. Which the board will succumb to. All plans to get a top striker will be abandoned. He will then have a massive goal drought and we will be begging the board to get a new striker in January.
I can see this too. I think he will score goals and if that's the case we might try to sign him - which is good. But it should not be at the cost of signing another striker too. Honestly we could do with two.

Dante

Average bang
This is the kind of shitty signing a club of the stature of Barcelona would try to make.

Red00012

Sky are just desperate for attention, I don't know why anyone bites.
They had this article “trending” on the bottom of their screen this evening . They’re pathetic lately. I need to start avoiding that channel.

Lara lhg

I watched a new YouTube interview with this guy Ighalo and he was asked where he had played before. The moment he mentioned NORWAY I was like “oh no way Ole, honestly, ha,ha.. Just like Oghalo’s countryman Mame Birouf Diouf (spelling not correct). Does this Oghala
have some financial interest with Ole’s agent Solbakken or what and why is Ole always trying to bring here more Norwegian friends and/or former players from Cardiff i.e. Joshua King, Haaland (do not want and we can’t get him anyway). These are HIS players clearly from before or in his shopping league. Sorry to say this guys but my beloved club is in a sorry state

Last edited: