Odion Ighalo: Manchester United player on loan until the end of the season

roseguy64

Always funny when people get upset about how Man Utd management talks to investors. It's not meant for you. Talking about the social media reach and things like that is valuable to the type of people Arnold is speaking to.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Always funny when people get upset about how Man Utd management talks to investors. It's not meant for you. Talking about the social media reach and things like that is valuable to the type of people Arnold is speaking to.
Every year same thing happens. Woodward and others talk about social media and fans just get upset for no reason.

always_hoping

Close to scoring v Chelsea and Watford. I have a strong feeling he'll score his first goal for United tomorrow night.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just makes me feel physically ill reading how important the social media stuff is to Arnold. This guy clearly hasn't a clue how the fans were feeling at the time
Carrington cleaner: “I did a fantastic job cleaning that floor”

croadyman from the internet: “Makes me sick how that cleaner talks about cleaning, doesn’t she know that us fans want everyone focused on Football right now?”

Old Trafford drinks vendor: “Do you want milk and sugar in that love?”

croadyman from the internet: “Can you focus and get your head in the game? You’re there worrying about condiments when Jesse Lingard is still starting in the first team. Wake up ffs.”

Stadjer

If signing a fairly unknown back up striker from China on loan is already trending over actual things that have world wide consequences it does show how big the reach of Manchester United is.

What does a potential investor want? Reach as many people as possible so ofcourse it will be mentioned/boasted about. It is a unique selling point of Manchester United. I really dont see the issue of it... seems like easy scoring for Samuel Luckhurst because fans will respond to it. The whole ''Manchester United board doenst care about football but only about money'' narritive is guaranteed to score likes/clicks/views and improve your own profile.

Snuffkin

Seems sharp enough in the box and will hold the line, not expecting miracles though.

Fooza

:drool: Don't you love it when the unexpected signings end up doing a job for us and also scoring. The man may not be a great player but he has the heart.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bagsman, reckon he's going to be very important for us come end of the season

croadyman

I was pleased to see him get off the mark tonight and should give him confidence for bigger games coming up.

Bit of a shame we couldn't see the picture of his sister properly when he scored,bet she was looking down very proud on him.

InfiniteBoredom

I would definitely take him on the cheap and trust Rashford, Martial and Greenwood to develop more with him in the mix to.
He’ll have to take a substantial wage cut and I don’t think a player his age would want to do that.

Next season if we hopefully get Sancho or a bright right wing attacker, I wouldn’t be averse to not getting a striker and give more minutes to Greenwood as no.9. If we manage to flog Lingard, Mata etc... then another striker is a must, but I don’t think we’ll be able to so we still have to use them somehow and 6 players for 3 starting positions is sufficient.

meamth

He can easily be Heskey level player for us.

That's good squad option, I'd have him for cheap.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That was the kind of goals Martial and Rashford don't score that much.

How many times have our players fizzed a ball past the opposition goal only to end on not having someone at the end of it?

fps

That was the kind of goals Martial and Rashford don't score that much.

How many times have our players fizzed a ball past the opposition goal only to end on not having someone at the end of it?
Yes James has been especially hard done by on this this season. I hope he can teach Martial a thing or two about positioning and centre forward play.

Krits

He might not have the highest of technical ability but last night at least his touch was good, bordering on great and his speed of play was up there. Happy with what I have seen so far.

Zlatans Knee

Something about this man and his love for the club makes me fell all warm inside...I am so happy that he did well last night and got his goal.
Great interview after the game. Sad to hear about his sister passing away, she was a United fan as well according to him.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I was pleased to see him get off the mark tonight and should give him confidence for bigger games coming up.

Bit of a shame we couldn't see the picture of his sister properly when he scored,bet she was looking down very proud on him.
Yeah his teammates were so keen to huddle with him they fecked his tribute a bit. Once they'd moved away he stretched the message out for the camera but that didn't get shown in the BT highlights package, which is a shame.

Still he got to do a nice interview and looked a useful player yesterday, I'm made up for him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
To be fair it is vital in this day and age. All hes doing is showcasing the reach of our club.
He’s basically confirming that he doesn’t give a shit. The footballing world was laughing at us. Ighalo being the biggest trending topic was not positive for United.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He looked no different to Lukaku last night. In fact his play is very similar as they're both big, heavy forwards who use strength to control defenders.

I mean that positively too because unlike Lukaku he isn't intended to be our lead dude. He also won't sulk like big baby.

DFreshKing

He looked no different to Lukaku last night. In fact his play is very similar as they're both big, heavy forwards who use strength to control defenders.

I mean that positively too because unlike Lukaku he isn't intended to be our lead dude. He also won't sulk like big baby.
That plus he seemed more interested. His link up play was better than a remember Lukaku doing and his touch looked better too. He may not be as good a finisher but i'd take his other qualities as backup over Lukaku as the main man. I still feel he is a month away from full match fitness and confidence which last night will have helped with, could be vital in the run in as an impact player.

poleglass red

He seems to have that natural ability to know where to be and find space. He should/could have scored in his previous 2 sub appearances, and he scores in his full debut,all while clearly not being match fit. Great option to have esp against teams that sit back. Having him as an option and Fernandes passing will be a big help in breaking those stubborn teams down.

ReddBalls

Lukaku's link up was never nearly as good as what Ighalo did yesterday.

RU Devil

He’ll have to take a substantial wage cut and I don’t think a player his age would want to do that.
Not sure how much of a wage cut he agreed to, but maybe United can offer some type of role when he retires as a carrot, like club ambassador to Nigeria. Got to figure he's making good money in China, though, so he'd really have to love the club to sacrifice that much.

Still & all, rooting for the man. Living the dream of a lot of fans, and putting in a good shift. Considering the state of our forward line, he can make a Henrik Larsson-type impact to our season.

The Red Thinker

I don’t care what video from Inter you show me, but you’ll never convince me that Lukaku’s first touch was actually good.

The man put on 20 pounds for the WC and came back overweight for the PL as well. He’s come and said he’d been thinking of leaving the club after the second game. Feck off Lukaku.

I’ll take a slower, less talented striker who has tons of heart and love for the club in Ighalo, than Lukaku, any day.

roseguy64

I'm in the minority on here thinking Lukaku was pretty good at linking up when he could be arsed. Obviously his first touch created some issues.
Yeah his link up play could be amazing but it never happened often enough

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I'm in the minority on here thinking Lukaku was pretty good at linking up when he could be arsed. Obviously his first touch created some issues.
Lukaku gave us an unforgettable goal in Paris, when we thrashed PSG that night. But the rest of his time with us was so lukewarm that letting him go was undoubtedly a win-win scenario. Where the club fecked up was not replacing him. Why could we not have gotten Ighalo in the summer, for instance?

I wish Ighalo all the luck with us. Seems like a great guy and we could really use some quality goalscoring from him

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Ighalo is on the CAF isn't he? :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ighalo is on the CAF isn't he? :lol:
Is he on "Ole's in" or "Ole's out" section, though? Need to check on that poll, whoever has IP address moved from China to Manchester.