Official: Manchester United sign Ángel Di María

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Di Maria doesn't speak english at the moment, so imagine he'll get along particularly well with fellow spanish speakers such as mata, it could really help him out.
Hence 'suppose he has to' mate ;)

I assume he doesn't know a single word of English! Mata's been saying he has to act as a translator for Di Maria, Rojo and slightly for Herrera :lol: he should be asking for a pay rise

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

I assume he doesn't know a single word of English! Mata's been saying he has to act as a translator for Di Maria, Rojo and slightly for Herrera :lol: he should be asking for a pay rise
He'll soon translate for Vidal and/or Carvalho, too :devil:

Chorley1974

Lady Ole

Mata isn't the only spanish speaker, or am I missing something here

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Mata isn't the only spanish speaker, or am I missing something here
In the link Olly provided, you can see Mata and Di Maria getting along well. There's about 3/4/5 pics of the two talking and laughing together. All I was saying is I suppose he has to get a long with Mata cause he can speak Spanish and English very well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would Di Maria be considered as being quick?
Of course! He's very quick. Would comfortably be our quickest player with the ball.

If he and Herrera start tomorrow, I expect both to be kicked a fair bit.

Silverman

Of course! He's very quick. Would comfortably be our quickest player with the ball.

If he and Herrera start tomorrow, I expect both to be kicked a fair bit.
That's what we have been missing. I would rather see him on the wing rather than in the centre.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's what we have been missing. I would rather see him on the wing rather than in the centre.
It would limit him IMO. He'd be a top class winger for us, but for me his work rate in chasing and harrying, and linking up, is just as good as his attacking qualities, maybe even better. As a winger, I always found him very good but a bit frustrating. But as an attacking midfielder playing in a midfield three, he was unreal. Suffocating attackers into giving the ball away and then driving at the heart of their defence. Obviously the question is what suits us more. But purely looking at him as a player, he's a better midfielder than winger for me.

Silverman

He is quick and can run at full speed for +90mn.
It would limit him IMO. He'd be a top class winger for us, but for me his work rate in chasing and harrying, and linking up, is just as good as his attacking qualities, maybe even better. As a winger, I always found him very good but a bit frustrating. But as an attacking midfielder playing in a midfield three, he was unreal. Suffocating attackers into giving the ball away and then driving at the heart of their defence. Obviously the question is what suits us more. But purely looking at him as a player, he's a better midfielder than winger for me.
He is not Walcott fast in sprint (not far away though) but he is faster than him with the ball IMO.
Plus, he has amazing stamina and work rate.
Extremely quick. Great turn of pace too.
His pace will give us something we have been missing.

NessunDorma

Looks like he's going to be our best dribbler since Ronaldo/peak Giggs. Exciting the way he can just skip past people with ease.

Just watching this in anticipation, and the guy is going to get bums off seats: