Official: Solskjær has left his role as manager

Idxomer

If Man United really "had no plans" to dismiss him then the people in charge pretty much negligent. Not saying he had to go but to have no plans in place? That's insane.

As for Ole, will be interesting to see where he goes next.
You just haven't been following us that closely the last few years, they put all of their eggs in the Ole basket and now have no idea what to do.

PoTMS

Fecking criminal that Ole is sacked but Carrick, McKenna and Phelan stay on. Poor guy leaves on his own but his chuckle brothers continue. May as well have kept Ole in that case.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't know. By like watching us play football maybe Mr. Know it all?
Name a member of ten Hag's coaching staff. I'm waiting, right you don't know any so you don't know what they do. You know ten Hag and the buck stops at the manager. Let's not assume he is a bad coach because Ole failed as a manager. It doesn't work that way.

minoo-utd

Had to go long ago but only we can blame the board for having no vision at all in football manners. Had to be before this season even starts or at least after Liverpool defeat because it’s never okay to be beaten by Liverpool at Old trafford like this under any manager. Should all the staff part ways too and good luck to them.

I can’t deny the work Ole did and tried to do and restore it, but it was not only his mistake to fail. He build good squad which ready to be triggered with the right brain in charge.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
In a way we might find out who did the most harm to this team, if it was Ole or the coaching staff. It depends who they bring in as interim and if he can knock the team into shape over a short space of time. He might have to override the coaching staff if they are the main problem.
Surely they'd have to be in sync? Can't see anyway the coaching staff doesn't go with what the manager tells them. Or maybe I'm just being naive. Eitherway I think it was pretty obvious neither have been good enough for a top level team.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It's a shame the board dragged their feet to the point where he had to leave like this, but it's the best decision for everyone involved.
Yes of course. The recent results and more importantly performances have been absolutely abysmal. I did say at the time of his appointment that it was underwhelming.
And we have missed a series of potential replacements.
And I have to say that even though it is an interim, Michael Carrick does not fill me with any excitement or confidence.
But what do I know. Let's see what happens.

Castia

:lol:

Absolutely nothing has changed it’s a complete mess

Strap in boys the nightmare is just beginning.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We have a game in a couple of days. Who do you idiots think would be running training or managing the team if we cleared out all the coaches right now with no interim in place? The point is to do less damage not more.

And even when an interim is appointed, keeping those coaches until the end of the season is fine if they can't secure their own staff. There's no rule that says the interim manager has to let them run things like Ole did. If they're told what to do, they'll do it, and their own ideas won't matter shit.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
That interview asking him how low he felt was pretty horrifying. He himself will be relieved along with all of us.
agreed. It was tough to watch. He knew at that point it was all over. Given his love for United both as a fan and former player, it would have been particularly painful at an emotional level.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really sad to see, thanks for your efforts Ole! Still a united legend regardless.

Delano

Surely the board know Ole didn't do the coaching? So what the feck will keeping the coaches do? This club boggles my mind.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Typical United. Carricky was part of the coaching staff who sunk Mou and Ole and he gets the interim role

fergieisold

Fecking criminal that Ole is sacked but Carrick, McKenna and Phelan stay on. Poor guy leaves on his own but his chuckle brothers continue. May as well have kept Ole in that case.
You can't just dispose of all staff instantly. Lets say we got rid of the above staff - who comes in to replace them for Tuesday? Or should the players just sort it out between themselves?

PoTMS

You can't just dispose of all staff instantly. Lets say we got rid of the above staff - who comes in to replace them for Tuesday? Or should the players just sort it out between themselves?
What does getting rid of Ole do in that case? Or is it all just optics?

Newtonius

How much are training cones going for on Amazon these days?

AndySmith1990

So essentially Ole sacked for no reason. The entire coaching staff is staying.
We can't sack everyone at once. There still needs to be people available to oversee the running of the first team and take training. Major change will occur once we hire a new permanent manager.

Verward

Nothing against Ole. He is a legend but his managerial skills are not up there. I was never on board with Ole in charge but was hoping that he would prove me wrong. Unfortunately, he didnt and it is sad that he was literally forced out of managerial position.
Let's be honest, he is not a leader like Sir Alex, Pep or Klopp. In Sir Alex's autobiography he had mentioned that he would never hear any complaint from Ole regarding his role or playing time in team which tells a lot about his character. He's a good guy but Manager needs to be ruthless. Sir Alex was ruthless and if any player dared to challenge him, he would promptly ship them out whether they were superstars are not. Same cannot be said about Ole.
Anyways, he is gone now and I hope board has learnt some lessons from this debacle. The next appointment has to be perfect else we'll find ourselves in same boat again with different captain. I believe board is waiting for Pochetino to become available at end of the season so they can appoint him.
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we get at least top 4 this season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So Ole was just the fall guy? Great.

I hope the coaches are sent on their way by the next permanent manager.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Surely they'd have to be in sync? Can't see anyway the coaching staff doesn't go with what the manager tells them. Or maybe I'm just being naive. Eitherway I think it was pretty obvious neither have been good enough for a top level team.
If Ole wasn't much of a coach, maybe he was taking their advise. We will soon see.

Infra-red

It's the right decision, but it should have been made a month ago. In fact, it should have been made after the Europa League final.

Anyway, the season is now a write-off, so it's damage limitation mode - getting someone in who can grind out a 4th place finish now has to be the aim.

laughtersassassin

Took way too long to let him go. Sentiment cannot be apart of football. Hope the fans and the club have learnt that

I assume it's just till we get a coach in then the others will be sacked as well because they can't stay either

Very interesting that we are looking to appoint an interim. This to me suggests two things: Zidane is a definite no go, we have identified a manager that is not currently available but would be persuaded in the summer
Actually.
Could be one of two things.
Ten Hag in the summer, ideally that German as interim

Or Zidane as interim, no commitment from us or him. He gets to see if he and his family settles in Manchester and we get to see if he does well. If it works and both are happy then extend

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the coaching team staying on, with Ole being the sole change here then no lessons have been learnt. If anything, Ole has been thrown under the bus here.

This club is a big mess. No plans in place even though they had weeks to do it, utter shambles.

Giggs' right foot

We wanted him sacked but we sing his name when he’s been sacked ?
“You are my Solskjaer” is a song for Ole the player.

You know - the one who scored the winner in a fecking CL final. The honour that comes with that and ten years at the club as a player shouldn’t be tainted because of his shortcomings as a manager.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Eventually when a new manager comes in, all the coaching staff will go. Our next appointment has be a world class manager ffs, no more punts and club legends. just ban the words 'the united way'

saivet

Nothing improves until the board goes, which means Woodward and his successor. Get in proven football people, as City did, build a structure that works regardless of manager. look at Chelsea and their youth system, a conveyor belt of talent
They can get away with it if they get lucky and appoint a top class manager
Because of how we're run, it makes us less attractive to such managerial talents though.

I'm relieved that Ole has gone but I'm more concerned about what these clowns will decide to do.

Red_toad

:lol:

Absolutely nothing has changed it’s a complete mess

Strap in boys the nightmare is just beginning.
Are you expecting them to sack all the coaching staff and hire some for the interim and then sack them for a next manager and hire a third set?
The club will appoint new coaching staff once they have a manager, pointless clearing them out and having nothing to replace them with. Yes it’s a mess, but it’s currently the logical thing to do.