Official: Solskjær has left his role as manager

Oranges038

Shame it hasn't worked out but it was the right call.

We'll see how long it takes for some of these players to down tools under the next manager.

Also, I can't wait to see how long it takes for some of the gowls on here to start wanting the team to lose so he can be sacked.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sadly the board waited too long for this and now his reign leaves a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth. Still remember the good memories though, just didn't have what it takes to truly bring us back to glory. There's a fantastic group of players hes brought here - Bruno, Ronaldo, Sancho and I'd even argue VDB, which is an amazing base for a new manager. Sadly a few duds in there too atm, but at least it doesn't feel like doom and gloom now he's left, we all feel we will get better with a better coach. Don't think you can say the same after most managers who've left here.

IRN-BRUno

It's clearly a decision that should have been made before now but still a bit of disappointment for me that it didn't work out. Ole has always been one of my favourite players so it would have been so special to see him succeed and lift trophies as the manager. I still had hope at the start of the season he could do that but it's been obvious for a while now that a change had to be made, it's sad that it had to end in such a disastrous way.

Good luck to him in whatever he does next.

redIndianDevil

How do people know Carrick isn't a good coach? I didn't kmow members of the Cafe have access to training and what he does behind the scenes.

Stop moaning. Ole is gone you have your wish. Carrick is obviously just going to be for a week or 2 maximum while we try and find an acceptable manager to take us to the end of the season.

Then I guess at the end of the season they might go for a Ten Hag or another option might become available.
Haven’t you been watching our games? The proof is in there.

Abizzz

Good luck Ole.

Now let's pray that Woodward somehow gets lucky with his final pick.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So you finally make the right decision months later and at a very good time too. You are still in the Champions League and can still make top 4 with a good run.

The new manager can come in now and give players a fresh start and sort out the players worth keeping and those who are expendable. More importantly, like Tuchel, you can implement a style now and by next season the players are used to the new style and tactics. It’s a fantastic time to bring in a new manager and the decision has been made at the right time. It also lets you try players in different positions like us with James, Chilwell, Chalobah and Hudson-Odoi.

No wonder you lot go mental. All of the above and your board decide to use an interim and let the manager come in during the summer. Bloody hell. That is about as stupid a decision as you will ever see at a football club. Instead of 7 months and 25+ competitive games of preparation he will have friendlies and very little time. Bizarre
Yes we should get a proper manager in now, but it really does depend who they have in mind. I wouldn't want just anybody in. You wonder if they seriously want Poch and if he doesn't win the CL it could be Zidane to PSG and Poch to United.

CM

It's a shame the board dragged their feet to the point where he had to leave like this, but it's the best decision for everyone involved.

WPMUFC

So essentially Ole sacked for no reason. The entire coaching staff is staying.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Good luck to Solskjær, hopefully he will have a good career elsewhere.

Feel bad for him.

He simply wasn't up to the task of managing United.

Mercurial

Thank you for steadying the club Ole! We now have hope and some good forward momentum. At the end of the day the task was just too monumental. Wish all the best.

saivet

Hopefully that statement means they have learned something and are determined to get the right man in the summer. Sorry it didn't end well, but this had to happen. Ole ran his course and we need to move on. He is still a hero for 1999.
We all thought they were doing that when we sacked Jose and brought in Ole. The board can't be trusted even if the plan looks sensible as of today.

midou

How do people know Carrick isn't a good coach? I didn't kmow members of the Cafe have access to training and what he does behind the scenes.

Stop moaning. Ole is gone you have your wish. Carrick is obviously just going to be for a week or 2 maximum while we try and find an acceptable manager to take us to the end of the season.

Then I guess at the end of the season they might go for a Ten Hag or another option might become available.
Because Ole and Phelan don't do the coaching, it is mostly Carrick and McKenna, and the coaching is crap. Carrick should have gone with Mourinho, he was part of that disaster as well.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Should’ve gone at the end of last season. Thanks Ole but you were severely lacking.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
All the best to him, hope it doesn't sour his relationship with United. Legend.

It shouldn't have taken this long tbh. It's been rank bad all season

Gordon Godot

We all thought they were doing that when we sacked Jose and brought in Ole. The board can't be trusted even if the plan looks sensible as of today.
Nothing improves until the board goes, which means Woodward and his successor. Get in proven football people, as City did, build a structure that works regardless of manager. look at Chelsea and their youth system, a conveyor belt of talent

Godfather

I don't know. By like watching us play football maybe Mr. Know it all?

Judas

Open to offers
If its more than a few games with that coaching staff people have a right to moan. It's still bleak that we'll be seeing that bunch on the sidelines again on Tuesday. Hopefully we get an interim sorted before next weekend.

PoTMS

Now he's gone, I wish him all the best. You can argue who was our worst manager post Fergie all you like, but he was definitely the most likeable. Unfortunately, that doesn't win you football matches.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I know what you mean. I cannot imagine they would be stupid enough to give Carrick the managers job, it all depends on who is the interim manager. Give it to Gary Neville as he seems to know everything about managing and coaching.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Forever a legend, there were some lows but the highs were so high that it made the run worth it. He restored the joy in the club sand I’ll forever be grateful for that, wish we had won him the Europa league. That would have been well deserved.

Zoo

Phelan still clinging on :lol:
To be fair it seems that Phelan has been sidelined at the club so will be interesting to see if Carrick gets him more involved now. Ole made a huge mistake trusting in such a young coaching team.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope we have a plan. Dont care what kind of success we have under Carrick.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

So essentially Ole sacked for no reason. The entire coaching staff is staying.
They're staying on to assist Carrick. Beyond that who knows. It depends if the interim manager wants to keep them I guess.

Relfy

Thank you Ole. Still is and always will be a hero and a legend for the club. Reset a lot of things at the club after the Jose meltdown and got us back on the right path.

I hope the club make a correct decision concerning the next permanent manager. This next one needs to be right.

Troozi

Such a relief to see this news. I really thought the club were going to bottle it (let's be honest they already bottled it 3 weeks ago).

I wish Ole the best, hopefully some deserved time off with his family. I hope he finds himself in job again, if that's what he wants.

Godfather

Bit of a mess now. How we weren't looking at replacement option A-Z right after the Pool game is beyond me. Now we have an interim manager with the same failing coaches until we've found another interim manager? Sounds another great plan...

JohnnyKills

Very interesting that we are looking to appoint an interim. This to me suggests two things: Zidane is a definite no go, we have identified a manager that is not currently available but would be persuaded in the summer
Great point. You're right.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If its more than a few games with that coaching staff people have a right to moan. It's still bleak that we'll be seeing that bunch on the sidelines again on Tuesday. Hopefully we get an interim sorted before next weekend.
Its champions league, Ronaldo will drag us over the line by the collar or the cuf.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's celebrating getting rid of a shite manager who blew half a billion and took us backwards. As he should.
the problems still persist, we might muster some good form but the problems are deep-lying. We've rumoured a tumour but the cancer is still there.

JohnnyKills

Shame it hasn't worked out but it was the right call.

We'll see how long it takes for some of these players to down tools under the next manager.

Also, I can't wait to see how long it takes for some of the gowls on here to start wanting the team to lose so he can be sacked.
Would you rather we'd won yesterday and Ole was still in charge?

padzilla

Hipster
This does have the whiff of history repeating itself - weren't Carrick and McKenna part of Mourinho's backroom reshuffle? Under both Ole and Mourinho the team has been dross with them leading first team training.

NewUser777

The right thing to do. Did a good job for the club and left it with a very talented squad.
Didn’t work this year, and that brought out som ugly in people. Beat of luck for the future!

arnie_ni

Thank feck for that. Let's hope we get a decent interim in and then make the correct appointment in the summer