Official: Solskjær has left his role as manager

DavelinaJolie

I'm not happy, just relieved and sad.

Angry at the price that were above him for letting this go on so long.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I love how people are STILL moaning :lol: Sadcafe is turning into Bluemoon without the success.
Heads have completely gone recently. Some of the things being written on here wouldn't look out of place on Bluemoon.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Obviously, the correct decision. Those who gave him that 3 year extension should join him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
A sad day, far more likeable than Mourinho and LVG, I feel we played some of our best football under him but he could never sustain it and looked out of his depth against tactically-astute managers.

In the end it was his lack of ability to develop his coaching methods that has cost him his job. Whilst it's good to have people who get the club around you, he opted for mates and people lacking in experience.

Moreover his preference for certain players was strange and some of his signings even stranger.

The problems at the club ate bigger than Ole, despite going there are still a plethora of problems and the actions of the club indicate not much will change unless we unearth a managerial gem.

Eddy_JukeZ

Carrick should be gone as well, infact he should have gone with Jose.

Cant help but feel the nightmare is just beginning it’s going to be a complete mess this.
Exactly. He 100% needs to go as well.

Sooner than later as well.

Him and McKenna were part of Jose's disastrous 3rd season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Wish him all the best - hope he gets back into coaching somewhere and enjoys it.

Glazers have completely mismanaged his appointment from start to finish and should be protested against.

He should’ve gone after the EL defeat… he then should’ve gone after the Foxes defeat… the dippers thrashing was obviously already too far, then the City one should’ve done it.

Why on Earth they wasted the International break with him on holiday and then brought him back for that yesterday is beggars’ belief.

I just hope Utd fans can Unite and begin demanding better than this.

Michael Carrick should be nowhere near the club, and I just hope that this means a complete overhaul in the coaching and also on the woeful nepotism and cronyism that has brought Man Utd to its knees in recent years.

Good luck and much love to Ole.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Told you Carrick is going to be interim.

He will actually be a good manager (due the higher ability of midfielders to become good managers in the past). Also Carrick has learnt from the tactical head of Van Gaal who has great understanding of tactics (lauded by Rooney, Giggs and others) but never good at targeting right players.

However the board will not give him the job due to the mistake Ole's contract caused.

A new manager comes in with no link to United at all.

He does well with some of the players available and we win a trophy. Ultimately he gets replaced again with Carrick after the struggles and this time Carrick gets the job and does well with the team again.

Anyway , thanks Ole. Don't really care what other people say but I enjoyed your players more than Moyes, Van Gaals and Mourinhos. Time to go but thank you.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Cant help but feel the nightmare is just beginning it’s going to be a complete mess this.
They can't just leave us with nothing. That is why he will be in charge until a more qualified person is brought in to take us to the end of the season. As I said hopefully they have learnt something with how Ole got the job and won't make the same mistake.

Thiagoal

Terrible decision of looking to appoint only an interim to the end of the season.

We needed a permanent manager now who would decide on the summer in-comings (and also convince Ronaldo and Pogba to stay). This is basically throwing this season away + damaging the 22/23 one.

What a stupid club.
That’s one way of looking at it- or it could be that we have identified a top manager willing to come at the end of the season and not rushing to appoint anyone just because they are available now!

If a manager is lined up for the summer I’m sure they’ll be able to chat to the squad before hand

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Carrick for next few games with the same coaching staff, before a interim takes over. Its says it all. They are looking for a new pupit who is gonna use the same coaching team as Ole. Nothing has changed. Fecking useless club. Its gonna get worse and worse and worse.

midou

Great person, will always have a special place in my heart for his contribution on the pitch.

That said, Carrick as interim with the same coaches is not a real change. Ole did not coach, the work on the training pitch will be done by the same incompetent team. After Rui Faria there hasn't been a real coach. The only positive is that maybe there will be a better team selection.

Everyoneout

Despite his poor performance as manager and being vastly underqualified, it was sad to see him yesterday giving that interview. He looks to have aged 10 years since joining us and he looked thoroughly broken and devoid of confidence.
Yes, it shouldn't have ended like that. He and his family have had to suffer over the last few weeks due to the board's inaction. We don't have a good record of treating managers like human beings when it comes to parting ways.

Reactions: langster

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Carrick and McKenna to continue Ole's work. Trashing by Chelsea, Villareal and Arsenal still on schedule.

izec

The worse it gets, the better IMO. Maybe that will prompt some much needed reflection and changes.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It might not be instant but it will certainly improve once we get someone half way competent in to see out the season. It doesn’t get any worse than what we were currently witnessing under Ole.
Do you have much faith in the board to find someone who fits that description if you conversely disagree with the board for keeping Ole on so long?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Hopefully that statement means they have learned something and are determined to get the right man in the summer. Sorry it didn't end well, but this had to happen. Ole ran his course and we need to move on. He is still a hero for 1999.
Totally agree. Praying for the same. Maybe Arnold is more pragmatic and sees the logic in waiting for the summer if it means the best choice is available.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Terrible decision of looking to appoint only an interim to the end of the season.

We needed a permanent manager now who would decide on the summer in-comings (and also convince Ronaldo and Pogba to stay). This is basically throwing this season away + damaging the 22/23 one.

What a stupid club.
No actually it’s probably the first time when I’ve thought they’ve got a plan. Clearly they want someone that’s not available until the end of the season, I fully back them on this.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Mikael Karrik? jesus man.
Hopefully wont be longer than 3 games until we hire a caretaker.

Dike_Manc

I can say I was starting to feel some animosity torwards Ole in the last few games but this news turns it all around.
Good luck Ole and you are still a legend in my book.

Castia

They can't just leave us with nothing. That is why he will be in charge until a more qualified person is brought in to take us to the end of the season. As I said hopefully they have learnt something with how Ole got the job and won't make the same mistake.
True but the interim stuff is so disheartening, a part time manager taking over with all of Ole’s coaching staff? Seems like an awful way to finish out the season.

Whats the point of an interim in November? how is that supposed to work when everybody knows he’s off in the summer.

LordSpud

United waiting for Rodgers in the summer. Gonna be a lot of unhappy folk round these parts...

Orange Tree

Thanks and good luck for the future Ole.

The two seasons before this, was the most exciting time post SAF. Everything went to shit this season and he rightly get the boot.

Eric_the_Red99

Had to be done, and probably should have been done sooner. But it doesn't fix the underlying problem at United, which is and always has been (since before Fergie left) the ownership. Unless something fundamental changes in how the club is run at the most senior level I see no reason for optimism. We're just going to go through the same cycle we did with Moyes, van Gaal, Maureen and Ole once again and be in more or less the same position again in 2-3 years time.

Cloud7

Finally. Sweet sweet relief. I genuinely wondered if there was anything that was going to make them pull the trigger.

Carrick as interim is concerning, but hopefully it isn’t longer than a few games and we get someone good in until the summer as we can still win things this season.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I can now open that bottle of brandy I've been saving for this very occasion. A happy day indeed.

dove

Christ... United sacking a manager should never be classed as a great day
It isn't a great day for Ole but it is for the club 100%, now we at least have a slim possibility to move forward.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Incredibly sad that it had to come to this. He'll always have my thanks for his work here.

Hope he can find success in his next job and can enjoy some time off with his family after all he has gone through in the past couple of months

Ralph1386

Christ... United sacking a manager should never be classed as a great day
If it makes you feel any better, the fans of the 19 other PL clubs are probably feeling sadder than you are right now. I’ve got a mate who’s a Chelsea fan, he’s gutted that Ole won’t be managing us next Sunday.

I don’t mean that in a bad way against you by the way, but you have to understand why some of our fans are happy this train wreck is over.

Idxomer

Thanks for everything?

Does that include the last couple of months?

Torbalan

The only thing that bothers me about Ole is that he was in denial since the Liverpool game and a bit arrogant at that. But how is perfect?

Thank you Ole for you effort and best of luck in the future. Always a legend!