Oil Money in Football | New City expose

Trizy

Have you ever noticed that reporters and media rate clubs on how good their food is? That is one of the things that half of them go on about with City, Arsenal etc. What do United give them? A bowl of gruel.
Nothing short of what they deserve.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
I like the way Chapter 2 starts:
The Man City stadium wasn't sold out and many of the VIP boxes were empty
You can be a state backed dodgy shite but some things never change:lol:

cyberman

Have you ever noticed that reporters and media rate clubs on how good their food is? That is one of the things that half of them go on about with City, Arsenal etc. What do United give them? A bowl of gruel.
They were complaining about OT wifi on Sunday Supplement a few months ago.
Why accommodate them at all? I never understood that. It would be mobile phone hotspots all round if I were in charge.

Trizy

They were complaining about OT wifi on Sunday Supplement a few months ago.
Why accommodate them at all? I never understood that. It would be mobile phone hotspots all round if I were in charge.
In a room with a lead lined roof, just to piss them off.

I like the way Chapter 2 starts:

You can be a state backed dodgy shite but some things never change:lol:
I can only imagine the VIP box prices too. Probably added another £5m/year for fabricated attendance.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Nobody with even an average IQ takes City’s ‘success’ seriously; when you have a circa-£850m squad, winning isn’t an achievement, but an inevitability, especially in the woeful modern day Premier League.

OldSchoolManc

I wouldn’t be surprised if journalists have been paid to give Jose and United bad press too.
I know the club hasn’t helped itself, but there’s a lot of journalists out there with an agenda against Jose and United.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wouldn’t be surprised if journalists have been paid to give Jose and United bad press too.
I know the club hasn’t helped itself, but there’s a lot of journalists out there with an agenda against Jose and United.
Then maybe the next episode will name and shame a few people who are on their payroll.

CA1

Tomorrow's is on how City's owners have manipulated the media.

It's absolutely hilarious that everything City fans said was happening against them is actually happening for them.

If I see a PSG shirt on a over 18 bloke I look down on him straight away to be honest. I don't think the same about City because I'm from Manchester but I bet they have the same problem anywhere on the continent.

cyberman

Bad press can be an indirect result of it though, not a primary aim.
Noisey neighbours have become the dominating force in Manchester etc etc

CA1

The media reporting of the Sanchez deal was always the one that struck me as a paid job by City.

WensleyMU

Not going to lie, I want to see them burn. An example needs to be made of them, and UEFA and of FIFA and anyone else involved (Manchester Council?).

The fact Premier League clubs are pushing for an investigation is good. Just because others may be corrupt doesn't mean it should go unchecked. If the likes of Juventus can be demoted in italy, then City can be crucified here.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Juventus ,Milan ,Inter even United to name few regarding City's fraudulent deals you need to understand why it came to that because UEFA came up with farcical FFP almost making it impossible for smaller club's to ever compete with big boys.Of course end game for City is to join elite and become one of the big boys , you can't deny they have shaken up the status quo . Please elaborate how a small club could dream to compete with established elites if outside investment is throttled because that's what FFP ends up doing .
Monaco started ‘shaking up the status quo’.......then City and PSG poached Mbappe, Bernardo and Mendy.

Spurs and Liverpool have gradually, organically built clubs that are competitive at the top of the Premier League, but will likely fall short of success because they can’t spend £50m on squad players like City.

Leicester have won the Premier League in the FFP era; Dortmund, Atletico, Liverpool and Juventus have all reached Champions League finals in it too. To suggest it’s implementation has acted as a preservation legislation for the elite clubs is clearly moronic.

City fanboys are laughably paradoxical when trying to defend the club’s vulgarity.

OldSchoolManc

Surely the minister for sport in this country should be looking into this?
Or are they on the payroll too?

Trizy

Not going to lie, I want to see them burn. An example needs to be made of them, and UEFA and of FIFA and anyone else involved (Manchester Council?).

The fact Premier League clubs are pushing for an investigation is good. Just because others may be corrupt doesn't mean it should go unchecked. If the likes of Juventus can be demoted in Italy, then City can be crucified here.
As much as I'd love to see them go the route of Rangers and Juventus, I don't think there are any laws in the PL about inflating money. FFP only affects European football.

Obviously it looks terrible for the FA that a club cheated their way to glory but they won't do anything about it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

The fact Premier League clubs are pushing for an investigation is good. Just because others may be corrupt doesn't mean it should go unchecked. If the likes of Juventus can be demoted in Italy, then City can be crucified here.
Manchester Council are in it up to their necks with the Stadium deal etc, but there again when are local council not corrupt?

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
I think it's time for us to become less emotionally invested. If I had a kid, I'd steer him away from being a football club fanatic.
You're probably right. Both our clubs face "problems", different "problems", but "problems" none the less. At our level, we cannot compete. At your level, you are very much at risk of having your club "taken away". Lets face it, us fans who turn up to OT or SMS are fairly unimportant in the eyes of the money men. You lot can be replaced by an army of overseas supporters. We can't, but then again, we aren't in the money men's plans.

But I did have a kid who I take to games. Living near Chelsea in those days when he started, and one of my achievements was to steer him to Saints and tell him it wasn't just about the glory of winning.

Barnslig

Even if City go unpunished in the league, there's surely no way UEFA/City can spin this so much they will escape punishment in form of being banned from the CL? Surely not?

EDIT: Lol, just read the Daily Mail article posted above, this comment from a blue:

"Blue_Heart, Manchester, about 14 hours ago

Is the derby coming up on Sunday? Thought so. Time for City to take some legal action against the gangster's of UEFA & Mafia of the media. FFP was brought in to hold City & PSG back. they both just wanted to build big clubs, so UEFA acted on instruction & in order to protect the current (at the time) top clubs & their jealousy. Obviously they don't want to share European trophies with new money. Time to put this criminality to bed once & for all. UEFA as bad as FIFA & the EU for corruption."

:lol::lol::lol:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Is there anyway clubs can opt-out of playing in Europe?

If clubs took view that UEFA have compromised their integrity and therefore don't want to participate in any games that UEFA put on, then it will put pressure on them to bring sanctions forward.

Obviously it's a practically impossible idea, but that's the only kind of move that will really cause UEFA to act imo.
Media pressure isn't enough, and their reputation has been in the gutter for many years, they don't care.

CA1

If UEFA do nothing, maybe we will all be booing the CL anthem.:lol:
The only way it happens is if other clubs and supporters make a stand.

United, Liverpool, Bayern, Real refusing to enter etc. The problem is these clubs are also desperate about making money (that's what football has become- esacalated by needing to catch up with these Oil clubs) that they don't want that tap off.

Supporters stop following it etc but 95% of fans only care about what's on the pitch, they're not bothered by things like this.

EyeInTheSky

Yeah I think that's a leap.
I wouldn't be surprised if they splurged on the players in other extravagant ways, and that's what keeps them happy.

But funnelling money to dozens of players & staff through off shore accounts is a lot of loose ends, and frankly would be quite sloppy.

However, as a result of this, their reputation and integrity is in pieces, so it's unsurprising that these theories come to mind.
They are doing that. Money and power like that makes you wreckless and getting away with it just makes them more brazen. The fact they have been able to intimidate and bribe governing bodies for a decade or so is testament to that.

Trizy

Is there anyway clubs can opt-out of playing in Europe?

If clubs took view that UEFA have compromised their integrity and therefore don't want to participate in any games that UEFA put on, then it will put pressure on them to bring sanctions forward.

Obviously it's a practically impossible idea, but that's the only kind of move that will really cause UEFA to act imo.
Media pressure isn't enough, and their reputation has been in the gutter for many years, they don't care.
Considering Liverpool, United, Spurs and Arsenal have all lost out to Oil clubs it's not beyond the realms of being impossible. La Liga and Bundesliga also are very vocal with their disapproval. I'd only imagine Ligue 1 and Serie A share similar views.

gajender

Monaco started ‘shaking up the status quo’.......then City and PSG poached Mbappe, Bernardo and Mendy.

Spurs and Liverpool have gradually, organically built clubs that are competitive at the top of the Premier League, but will likely fall short of success because they can’t spend £50m on squad players like City.

Leicester have won the Premier League in the FFP era; Dortmund, Atletico, Liverpool and Juventus have all reached Champions League finals in it too. To suggest it’s implementation has acted as a preservation legislation for the elite clubs is clearly moronic.

City fanboys are laughably paradoxical when trying to defend the club’s vulgarity.
First of all I am United supporter secondly Liverpool happen to be one of the elite and Tottenham for all their good work has also benefited from decline of other top club's let's see whether they can sustain it in the long run, Leicester was a freak a result and Champions league for all it's glory is still a cup and it's laughable you mention club's like Juventus and Dortmund ,liverpool who happen to be among top club's in their respective countries.

Only some one deluded as you would deny FFP ist a self preservation exercise by Elite club's they feel threatened that continued investment by City and PSG owners would eventually pay off .

FujiVice

And we all thought Chelsea were a plastic club? My word. This is basically Football Manager on edit mode. What a slime ball bunch of cnuts. And the worst thing is, we all knew it. That club stinks of fraud and has done for a decade.

Barnslig

The only way it happens is if other clubs and supporters make a stand.

United, Liverpool, Bayern, Real refusing to enter etc. The problem is these clubs are also desperate about making money (that's what football has become- esacalated by needing to catch up with these Oil clubs) that they don't want that tap off.

Supporters stop following it etc but 95% of fans only care about what's on the pitch, they're not bothered by things like this.
Seing the clubs supporting the Super League were conjuring a "letter of intent" to start the whole process - what stops the clubs in the Champions League talking to each other and give UEFA a "letter of intent" to not participate unless this is investigated?

WensleyMU

As much as I'd love to see them go the route of Rangers and Juventus, I don't think there are any laws in the PL about inflating money. FFP only affects European football.

Obviously it looks terrible for the FA that a club cheated their way to glory but they won't do anything about it.
What about the Premier League though? Dont the PL and the Football league have their own FFP regulations. the FA dont care about their brand, but the Premier League certainly do. They can go having a club like City involved if this is proven. They would have to revoke their invitation to play in the league, as would the football league if that was the case.

Barnslig

First of all I am United supporter secondly Liverpool happen to be one of the elite and Tottenham for all their good work has also benefited from decline of other top club's let's see whether they can sustain it in the long run, Leicester was a freak a result and Champions League for all it's glory is still a cup and it's laughable you mention club's like Juventus and Dortmund ,Liverpool who happen to be among top club's in their respective countries.

Only some one deluded as you would deny FFP ist a self preservation exercise by Elite club's they feel threatened that continued investment by City and PSG owners would eventually pay off .
I haven't read all of you guys' posts, but do you not fail to realise the difference between a sugar daddy that spends within reason, and literally endless moneybag owners that break the law, excercise corruption and threatens with lawsuits if they don't get their way? I don't think anyone is against owners spending money on their clubs, as long as it's within reason?

Treble

It is blatantly obvious that they have cheated but proving it might be tricky since the evidence is based on illegaly obtained documents and those documents are only emails revealing mostly intentions - not facts. Proving that those intentions have been realised might not be very easy as the traces lead to a country where the access to the necessary information might be blocked or the latter cooked again.

CA1

What about the Premier League though? Dont the PL and the Football league have their own FFP regulations. the FA dont care about their brand, but the Premier League certainly do. They can go having a club like City involved if this is proven. They would have to revoke their invitation to play in the league, as would the football league if that was the case.
If UEFA ban City from the CL for say 3 years. What do you think their players would be thinking? Or prospective future signings? European Cup is the holy grail.

UEFA have so much power in their hands but prefer to be corrupted by money.

Barnslig

It is blatantly obvious that they have cheated but proving it might be tricky since the evidence is based on illegaly obtained documents and those documents are only emails revealing mostly intentions - not facts. Proving that those intentions have been realised might not be very easy as the traces lead to a country where the access to the necessary information might be blocked or cooked again.
How do we know these documents are obtained illegaly?