Oil Money in Football | New City expose

I'm surprised there isn't some federation of English clubs who can get together on a regular basis and debate issues. I don't mean the FA or Football League or any regulatory body of course but a body who can exert influence on the latter and threaten that action be taken against owners who abuse their monetary power with the ultimate penalty being relegation or expulsion.
It would give the smaller teams democratic clout and maybe monitor any alleged corruption in the governing bodies. How many of the 92 can be happy with City's shenanigans?

I like how the press is slowly starting to report on this. Now it's blown up enough that it cant just be swept under the carpet they're all fighting to be the first to condemn City and pretend they had any morals all along.

I like how the press is slowly starting to report on this. Now it's blown up enough that it cant just be swept under the carpet they're all fighting to be the first to condemn City and pretend they had any morals all along.

Too many media outlets still not reporting it. We'll find out why in part 3. Money hungry cnuts.

Funny how Pep apologists like Ballbag have stayed very quiet though.

I don't think there's a conspiracy here.
Think some of the papers would have wanted access to the documents or would have gotten legal advice, prior to running the story.

"Indeed, it goes so far that City employees have sought to impede human rights organizations and control the press. The next chapter in the series is called "Football and Politics."

:drool: ruh roh, St. Pep of Unicef isn't going to come out of this looking great.

Also, LOL at a City spokesperson saying this has been done to sully City's repuation. As if their reputation isn't as a plastic financially doped oil club. If anything it confirms their reputation.

This has implications too for the debate around a European super league. Basically a very big oil spillage needs tidying first before anyone could take this seriously. At the end of all this will some good prevail, or will money win? Weirdly I haven’t yet lost all hope.

There's something tomorrow about them impeding humans rights organisations.

That could be national news issue, not just sport.

Guardiola's yellow ribbon. Shameless weasel he is.

And still there won't be anything done about it...they could get away with murder the likes of PSG and City and UEFA don't have a backbone to stop them
Let’s stop saying this as if it’s fact. None of us have any idea of how this will end for City :drool:

A little off topic but as with any leak ever, the people responsible for the leak always time it to also fit some sort of agenda. In coming few weeks it might become a little bit more clear why the leaks started now. Any distraction to City's title challenge would help the teams directly below them.

Alright, but if we look beyond City in this - could anything happen to UEFA/FIFA for blatantly looking the other way to corruption, and/or enabling corruption in a grand scale? I'm genuinely asking the question as I have no idea about this stuff.
I doubt it, are they still self regulated? If so I can't see any appetite to point the blame at themselves. They'll probably say its was in the past, things are improving and we will be determined to do better in the future.

Happy enough to wear that and answer questions on it. Shame he’s worked for Qatar and Abu Dhabi and dodges the conflict between his views.

I doubt it, are they still self regulated? If so I can't see any appetite to point the blame at themselves. They'll probably say its was in the past, things are improving and we will be determined to do better in the future.

I was thinking more of actual governments, and the likes of the SEC (of europe, if there is anything like that). Considering FIFA/UEFA are massive corporations and they have laws and regulations to abide to, I would assume grand scheme corruption goes against atleast a few of those?

This has implications too for the debate around a European super league. Basically a very big oil spillage needs tidying first before anyone could take this seriously. At the end of all this will some good prevail, or will money win? Weirdly I haven’t yet lost all hope.

Again, I see the Super League possibility as being an ultimatum to UEFA - act against the oil clubs, or lose the prestigious clubs that make your competitions profitable.

He’s a snake - money clubs ‘made him sad’ when inheriting the best squads in Europe at Barca and Bayern. He’s an immoral hypocrite.

Human Rights violations should have prevented the Arabs from ever buying into the Premier League in the first place.

I cant fathom how this will become anything but a huge scandal. Until i remember who is involved

I’ve just had a look through the online UK newspapers (I know, I feel dirty now) and there is very little to nothing being reported.
If this was United that was involved, it would be front page news and a 10 page expose!

I’ve just had a look through the online UK newspapers (I know, I feel dirty now) and there is very little to nothing being reported.
If this was United that was involved, it would be front page news and a 10 page expose!

There is loads being reported. You're saying that to suit an agenda that the press is fully against you. And if some aren't reporting it, it's because it has come from a leak where there may have been hacking involved. The UK press will be mindful of being implicated should these allegations be deemed unfounded.

Isn’t false accounting a crime?

The reality is that it doesn't really matter in this case - some people are above the law, or can get around it, unlike 99.9% of others.

I'd be surprised if anything of note actually happens to City even after these leaks.

There is loads being reported. You're saying that to suit an agenda that the press is fully against you. And if some aren't reporting it, it's because it has come from a leak where there may have been hacking involved. The UK press will be mindful of being implicated should these allegations be deemed unfounded.
I largely agree with you but don't agree with this necessarily. All that the papers have to do is caveat any stories with 'as reported by...'. BBC have gone down this route and they are far more credible than the majority of the British press. Wonder if there is another reason why certain papers aren't reporting this.

I largely agree with you but don't agree with this necessarily. All that the papers have to do is caveat any stories with 'as reported by...'. BBC have gone down this route and they are far more credible than the majority of the British press. Wonder if there is another reason why certain papers aren't reporting this.
I think we're going to find out tomorrow. Day 3 is on their manipulation of the media and their obstruction of Human Rights organisations.

True. There are a couple of similar stock tweets from James Ducker and Rob Draper in the last hour that would cover them should they be untrue. Tomorrow's edition is regarding human rights and City trying to manipulate the press. We may see a reason then but I suggest, like today's info, tomorrow's will pretty much be regurgitated stuff that has been thrown around before

UEFA and FIFA are not the best of friends.
And Mr Clean was UEFA's n2 before, him and Platini were responsible for FFP and also told City and PSG how to work around it :lol:

The reason Platini was forced to step away was because he was caught selling the 2022 WC to Qatar

They should threaten to take the World Cup from them if they say they will bog UEFA down with lawyers.
Not sure if serious.
UAE and Qatar are different countries. Hope you understand that.

And Mr Clean was UEFA's n2 before, him and Platini were responsible for FFP and also told City and PSG how to work around it :lol:

The reason Platini was forced to step away was because he was caught selling the 2022 WC to Qatar

Platini's son was employed by Qatar to the tune of a 6 figure sum every year :lol:

Was pretty ironic to read St Pep's moral lectures about refugees recently.

Who punishes them? UEFA? Fifa?

They're too big rich and powerful to be touched now. Wasn't one of the emails saying they would/could spend £50 million on lawyers for the next ten years against UEFA/Fifa if they tried anything.

That's what happens when you help a club become that powerful.

This is bigger than Fifa/Uefa and regardless of how the information was leaked it will have to be treated as financial criminality way up to Interpol at least. Government authorities don't/can't turn a blind eye on crime just because they don't know the source of the leak. "you can't imprison me for murdering my goldfish because my email was leaked".

Uefa and Fifa themselves could (and should) go down in light of all this. All the clubs should create their own organisation away from Fifa, EEfA, FA etc. If your average internet forum idiot knew what they were up to then there is no way these "governing bodies" did not know, facilitate, profit from or just turned a blind eye to it.

Some people are talking about a fine or banning from the CL for a year or 2. Which is inconceivable as it only rewards and galvanises clubs like this in that they still got to benefit far more than they lost and they will see it as a licence to business. This type of corruption is in the same realm as match-fixing and other types of cheating.

I would be astonished if other clubs did not push for extreme punishment for these cheating criminal clubs since they would literally be empowering them to have a massive competitive advantage to them and willingly sabotaging themselves by playing by the rules and being punished for it while the cheats are being rewarded.

Not sure if serious.
UAE and Qatar are different countries. Hope you understand that.

Not sure if serious, Qatar are implemented in this also, seeing as they own PSG...

I hope you understand that.

And on the Daily Mail website, the main news is that Marcus Rashford hit a reporter with a football.

Jamie Jackson right now is adding up if he should write about this or not.

On one hand, it's news.

On the other hand, does he want to start having to pay for his own Ray Bans to wear in future press conferences? After all, Christmas is coming and City do buy the best gifts.

Tough call.

Maybe just ignore it and enjoy the surprise of having another Wayne Rooney story to report on.

So what sort of punishments could be handed out? Doubtful they would do anything retrospective, but I wonder if there's a chance of a Juventus calciopoli type punishment... Not sure how long it would go back, but would be nice to add on a few titles I guess :lol:
If this builds up enough steam I could see a future ban from european competitions for a few years though. It really needs to be more than just a slap on the wrist like most of the fines tend to be.