Ole’s farewell interview

Mcking

So awkward. Reinforces everything that has come to become the club's weakness.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This kind of amicable farewell video couldn’t have happened with the previous managers. That’s why it’s taken so long to do the right thing. Less than 24 hours after his sacking and he’s reminiscing on MUTV about Paris. It’s all a bit bizarre if not unprecedented.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sad interview. It’s a shame it never worked out. Still a brilliant player for the club and should be remembered as so

owlo

Surreal.

Rooney got nowhere near this level of respect when leaving, and was a bigger legend who'd caused less harm. Other examples too.

Not a psychologist so not going to blabber about the mindset of our fans/club, but I find it surreal.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It's very odd mate. This just shows that him staying in the job for so long was mostly because he is a 'club legend' rather than him being good enough to turn it around. If that doesn't really worry you as a Utd fan it should.
He genuinely did a solid job until this season. He should have been moved on after the Europa League final, but that's not his fault. Looking back, he gave his all while being in the job and that's fine with me. Am also happy that people can see how much this job meant to him in that interview.

On the other hand, all that you say is actually board's fault and I won't lie, they indeed worry me.

redzombie

we should probably steer clear of putting our idols into the hotseat in future, I felt bloody terrible for him by the end of that clip

PeteManic

If he did the interview he already knew that he was gone at the end of the season. You don't get sacked and then come out and do an interview like that. They must have told him before the international break. Pochettino must be lined up.

Westerkerk

Not a single United player in the current squad could mean to us fans what Ole means to us. Find the interview strange, but really who cares - we have let a legend leave with a bit of dignity, but as I've said in other threads I'm not finding much to be happy about at the moment. Yes I thought Ole had had his day, and I believe he should have been moved on earlier. But these players, my god, they need to hang their heads in shame and take some responsibility. Maguire thanking Ole on social media. Thank him on the pitch by not being a brain dead slab head for god's sake. Too little too late from these useless zombies.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Bizzare. Instead of Broadway productions such as these the club should focus on the future and getting the right man for the job.

Giggsy13

He's Manchester United through and through and I hope we as a fanbase will respect him moving forward for all he's done for us
100% this. Rival supporters can mock him all they like but he won us the fecking treble so they can all go collectively feck themselves. They’ll never have a moment as great as Ole’s winning goal in 99.

Magz

God, this forum is so f*cking toxic. Give Ole the respect he deserves!

I've only got a few posts here, but I've been an avid reader. Now I'm done. Cnuts.

Biggins

Surreal.

Rooney got nowhere near this level of respect when leaving, and was a bigger legend who'd caused less harm. Other examples too.

Not a psychologist so not going to blabber about the mindset of our fans/club, but I find it surreal.
I don’t understand these kind of posts. What is supporting a football club or any sport without any emotion. It is for the players to be absolutely ruthless and do everything to win trophies. Part of affiliation with the club is to be in some part nostalgic and I don’t see anything wrong in wanting an ex-United player (especially as likable as Ole) to be successful as manager here. It didn’t work out and the club needs to learn their lesson to act quicker in the future in order to avoid things getting as bad as they did in the case of Ole.

Re Wazza. In terms of his playing career he Was without a doubt much more successful player than Ole. However, he’s off the field shenanigans certainly left a bitter taste and I’m not actually surprised that he got nowhere near the level of respect that Ole did (given the past few weeks I really struggle to say that Ole is getting any level of respect now but hey). Also, Rooney’s (my captain shall always play) form was terrible before he left and he (like Ole did right now) overstayed his welcome.

Reactions: Sultan

Giggs' right foot

Bizzare. Instead of Broadway productions such as these the club should focus on the future and getting the right man for the job.
I’m gonna hit you with a well kept secret - the lads making managerial and structural decision aren’t the same guys who post tweets and run the website.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Feel for him, dearly loves the club and is dearly loved in return. Questionable appointment, to say the least, but no doubt he did his absolute best. Farewell Ole, hope we see you again soon. Still, yet to see a greater supersub.

Josep Dowling

If he did the interview he already knew that he was gone at the end of the season. You don't get sacked and then come out and do an interview like that. They must have told him before the international break. Pochettino must be lined up.
How did you work that one out? The club knew they were going to sack him but didn’t do it through the international break, allowed him to have week off, come back and then manage another game?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I’m gonna hit you with a well kept secret - the lads making managerial and structural decision aren’t the same guys who post tweets and run the website.
Yawn. You think this interview or any PR event at the club is undertaken without running it by the decision makers? And on a lighter note- there are managerial and structural decision makers at our club??? Doesn't seem like it.

Max_United

It's difficult to argue with this tbh, as it does show the overly sentimental nature of the club and fan base that led us to this sad situation in the first place.

But personally I'd rather not dwell on it and instead say whatever, he's gone, it's over, and its just a harmless goodbye video that provides him with closure. Let's all move on and hope we don't repeat the same mistake again.
Fully agreed, great post.

Ludens the Red

Fair play to him doing that interview. I don’t think there’s any doubt it’s hurting him a lot more than the other two managers who left. Takes some bollocks to do an interview in that situation.

Glad it’s all over though and whilst I don’t doubt how much he wanted it to work I don’t feel he truly seized the opportunity. Not many managers get that opportunity with so little qualifications and with all the resources. I’ve said it before but he needed to do more as manager. If he had he would have done better.

I know a few have said he brought back hope and optimism but I genuinely never had any hope or optimism through his reign. Certainly never to say we’d win anything. Some might call it negative but it just didn’t add up to me. What went on in 2018 was enough, you don’t change this late into your career as a manager, it just doesn’t happen.

alexanderplatz

Don’t get some if the comments on here as if people are just disposable. All a person can do is give their best and Ole gave his best. The man had his dreams and pursued them fully, talent as a manager ran out and that’s ok. Well done To Ole, he gave more than a large number of our players. Would rather have honest effort and falling short than those lads who won’t even do the basic putting a shift in before giving it the ‘it’s not good enough’ insta/Twitter post post match

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Don’t get some if the comments on here as if people are just disposable. All a person can do is give their best and Ole gave his best. The man had his dreams and pursued them fully, talent as a manager ran out and that’s ok. Well done To Ole, he gave more than a large number of our players. Would rather have honest effort and falling short than those lads who won’t even do the basic putting a shift in before giving it the ‘it’s not good enough’ insta/Twitter post post match
Good post.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Does anyone else worry that because Carrick has been labeled 'a good lad' by a Utd legend that will result in him being given 8 months minimum?

Zoo

Bizarre to see an interview from a sacked manager like this - I think this is the biggest problem your club needs to overcome - nostalgia and trying to recreate the past is getting you absolutely nowhere.
He wanted to do the interview. He wanted to say bye to the fans. He said he won’t be doing media interviews so this was the time. Not hard to understand.

Giggs' right foot

Yawn. You think this interview or any PR event at the club is undertaken without running it by the decision makers? And on a lighter note- there are managerial and structural decision makers at our club??? Doesn't seem like it.
No, but the time, say, Ed put into the decision making of the video was probably ten seconds. “Sure, go ahead.” and I reckon that was it.

I get there are bucketloads of things we could be displeased about, but paying tribute to a manager via a minute-long video shouldn’t be one of them.

James Peril

This is what it's about with United. Class.

The caf can say what it wants, he gave us optimism and confidence previous regimes took away. Always a legend.
In your eyes, but the proof is in the pudding - as he’d famously say so many times it got annoying. In my eyes he spent hundreds of millions and left us with nothing better than the previous lot, he won absolutely nothing and yesterday was another low. He never gave me any optimism at all, other than the winning start of course which was only about adrenaline and vibes.

OleBoiii

Would have paid good money to see a Jose farewell interview.
Didn't he reportedly outstay his welcome on the Tottenham training ground to tell staff and players some "home truths" after he got sacked? :lol:

He was even more miserable working for us, so an interview would have been fecking brutal.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No it's not. I haven't seen Lampard do a farewell interview with Chelsea's TV after he was sacked.
Well I'd hope the standard of class in football is not Chelsea. As a mark of respect for the Man Utd icon Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, I'm glad he got the chance to say a proper goodbye to the proper fans of the club.

Eddy_JukeZ

Didn't he reportedly outstay his welcome on the Tottenham training ground to tell staff and players some "home truths" after he got sacked? :lol:

He was even more miserable working for us, so an interview would have been fecking brutal.
Yes he did that.

Classic Jose.