Ole: “maybe something has to give”

Zoo

What’s he going to do? Drop Ronaldo, Pogba or both? Play only McFred from now on?

Maybe he's the one that has to give? Maybe we need a proper coach?

He’s going to resign.

That's what I thought too.

Edit: Would certainly cement his "it's not about me, it's all about the club". But most people would want that contract paid out, understandably.

New manager is going to need to be backed in the transfer market. Will be interested to see if the Glazers will do it.

The only thing that “has to give” is you handing in your resignation letter Ole. Do the honourable thing now please.

I don’t ever want this club to appoint and ex-player

purgatory

Damn, I want him out but it's just sad things are going to crap, similarly to how it happened with Mourinho's final season.

If Liverpool is the game that sacks him, it'll be peak irony. What a shame.

Meh, buying more time to do something revolutionary which will require our patience.

New manager is going to need to be backed in the transfer market. Will be interested to see if the Glazers will do it.

They have backed each and every single manager. The problem has been a lack of coherent spending.

I think he's saying that he and his coaching staff have no idea what to do. It sounds like a man who has finally realised he's out of his depth. Quite sad really

Can't play Ronaldo, Pogba and Fernandes. There is no system that can accomodate all 3, regardless of manager. I would imagine that's what he's referring to.

What’s he going to do? Drop Ronaldo, Pogba or both? Play only McFred from now on?

Agreed. He is going to drop both Ronaldo and Pogba. He also talked about more legs. Pretty clear in my opinion.

Do you think Ole wasn't backed this summer? Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo!?

Adding it to a squad with a 90m Pogba, 200m defence, 50m Fred etc etc.

This isn't a bargain bin set of signings here.

The audacity to come public and say that after a horrible performance:lol:

The switch has always been with you Ole. It's just that you are so incompetent that you just don't know how and when to use it.

Damn, I want him out but it's just sad things are going to crap, similarly to how it happened with Mourinho's final season.

All the sign points to that.

purgatory

Huh? Tbh if this is purgatory then what were our last 3 managers, hell? This has nothing to do with being an ex-player, simply that he's not good enough to manage this squad.

Pogba will be dropped I imagine. What a manager, extend his contract now.

I’m unsure what he means other than being certain he isn’t resigning

"We need to look at the whole set up and balance of the team"??????
You've had nearly 3 years to get this right...what an embarrassing comment to make. So out of his depth it's untrue.

Yes, it's a depressing situation all around. For what it's worth, I don't think he will resign.

Why? We’ve got a great team - they just are big being coached or played right.

They have backed each and every single manager. The problem has been a lack of coherent spending.

The lack of coherent spending comes from the lack of coherent club fooballing structure which comes from the Glazers' design to prioritise their dividends over silverware.

If Ole quits, we just have the same problem.

He's probably realised that you can't line up in a difficult away game with 2 front players having free roles, 2 young kids as wingers who don't do much when not in possession, and a combo of Pogba and Matic who can be waltzed through at leisure.

Not quite sure what made him think you could do.

McFred in for Liverpool without any sort of doubt. Rashford too. Right wing up for grabs, but I'd still expect Ronaldo and Bruno to start.

Agreed. He is going to drop both Ronaldo and Pogba. He also talked about more legs. Pretty clear in my opinion.
No chance he drops Ronaldo. May rest him here and there but whatever hell do will be built around Ronaldo. If he drops Ronaldo he'll be out the door soon.

purgatory

Same, never wanted him or any ex-player. It took ages to sack Jose, I knew it will be worse with an ex-player. And worse if they are likeable like Ole.