Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhinav

I have been supporting the idea to give Ole time atleast until the end of season but games like today really are difficult to defend. There was no clear plan or structure in place to win the football match. No width, no pace and no creativity. Get to the edge of the box and try to play one twos and invariably lose the ball. How can this be our tactic to win a football? Its not even amateurish. The worry is that no player on the pitch really knew what to do with the ball in the final third, it was all speculative and there was no collective plan to build up the play. Unless things improve dramatically, Ole and his coaching team need to go at the end of the season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Some fecking bizarre choices today. Periera playing as a wide left is comfortbaly the oddest decision. And why's he leaving the subs so late in the game ? Everyone could see we could've done with Dalot on the right over AWB ,who continues to look utterly underwhelming in a attacking sense.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The standards are so low now that a draw at home in which we created nothing has people talking about positives . Embarrassing

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
No attacking nous. No idea how to break down teams with men behind the ball. You look at city and they create chance after chance. We cannot do that.

Losing faith in Ole now.

Need our best players back ASAP. And move Martial out of the striker position.

Giggsyking

specifically based on today, can you explain why?

What would you have done differently given our resources, to get a different result vs a team in identical position to us right now?
I am not a manager. But I see good managers come in and implement their style of football despite the quality of the players. You still see the style of football and the ideas. But This manager, he so clueless that he know only one style " counter attack football" or the underdogs football, it is as clear as day that he does not know what he is doing. He is buying time with this rebuild thing and telling us it takes time because he wants to stay as long as possible, the day the club gets tired of his shit football and the lies that he sold the naive board, they will kick him out, but until that time it will be too late and we would have been fallen more far from were we deserve to be.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dominated them 65%-35% possession. What more could Ole do? Sub himself on?
And we created what? We just drew against Wolves at OT and you think it is good? You think it is about players?
Ole is total disaster as manager. Give him Liverpool or City and he would be 5th at best.
Biggest curse in football should be " I hope that Ole becomes your new manager".

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The year 4 is where things get serious. You'll see. This, next season and the season after that are a rebuild. Then if we're lucky and things fall our way we'll start winning, honest.

lawliet354

Bringing in two subs at 87th minute shows how inept this guy is, and it's not the first time it happened this season. Truly the worst United manager I've seen in my life

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Here comes the rhetoric mafia. The ones never kicked a ball in their life. The ones telling it how it is :lol:

Me. I saw lots of things to build on. Loads.
I'm sorry but you're deluded. I kind envy you and feel sorry for you at the same time.

Guys, ask yourself this: would any club in the Premier League hire Ole right now if they were given the chance? Would many clubs hire Ole in Championship? I honestly don't think so. Taking that into consideration, ask yourself why in the feck is he at one of biggest, toughest jobs in world football? It's absolutely bizarre.

reddevil702

It’s a good thing he’s trying to play quick attacking football. Can you imagine if he was a defensive, pragmatic manager!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He isn't sacked because people upstair are worried of the turmoil it would cause. They hear Ole chants from some of our fans, especially away, and think we all rate him probably.

el3mel

Played 25, W9D8L8.

Win rate 36% in the league.

That's really, really poor. Apparently this is considered positive for some or something.

roonaldo78

What was the point in making those changes in the 89th minute? Was he playing for a draw?

FreakyJim

Here comes the rhetoric mafia. The ones never kicked a ball in their life. The ones telling it how it is :lol:

Me. I saw lots of things to build on. Loads.
I know, right? Did you see that pass from Wan-Bissaka to Mata? Duuuuude, the signs are there. We're about to start playing football, I can feel it.

mu4c_20le

And we created what? We just drew against Wolves at OT and you think it is good? You think it is about players?
Ole is total disaster as manager. Give him Liverpool or City and he would be 5th at best.
Biggest curse in football should be " I hope that Ole becomes your new manager".
Didn't say it was good, but certainly not terrible as some of you are making out. Wolves never really threatened, they had to resort to shithouse tactics to disrupt us. We looked like this under Mourinho alot so i'm just happy we were solid at the back. Bruno looked positive and that is without any training or time to gel with his teammates.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Moyes was absolutely destroyed by fans even though he actually got no support from the owners and this guy is actually doing way worse and getting a longer rope

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I am not a manager. But I see good managers come in and implement their style of football despite the quality of the players. You still see the style of football and the ideas. But This manager, he so clueless that he know only one style " counter attack football" or the underdogs football, it is as clear as day that he does not know what he is doing. He is buying time with this rebuild thing and telling us it takes time because he wants to stay as long as possible, the day the club gets tired of his shit football and the lies that he sold the naive board, they will kick him out, but until that time it will be too late and we would have been fallen more far from were we deserve to be.
So lots of emotional hyperbole and not much else!

I see it differently. There were several occasions today when in the final third, our players were taking two touches instead of one, and that shows down the play and makes wastes the strikers runs. Our players need to get on the front foot and play with much more urgency. Im sure OGS is not instructing them to play so slow?

edgecutter

Didn't say it was good, but certainly not terrible as some of you are making out. Wolves never really threatened, they had to resort to shithouse tactics to disrupt us. We looked like this under Mourinho alot so i'm just happy we were solid at the back. Bruno looked positive and that is without any training or time to gel with his teammates.
Any other manager would have his head on a platter with this football. Standards have dropped so low that we are happy with a draw against wolves.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Wolves are very hard to beat, but i must admit i am pretty concerned about our complete lack of scoring chances against low blocks.

One thing i noticed today is that we NEVER go past anyone once we get it into the other half, we just look to pass it, so if the forward options are marked its sideways, sideways, sideways, get it to AWB/Shaw, attempt a shit cross with 1 vs 5 players in the box, rinse and repeat

Are they instructed not to? Is it lack of quality? Confidence? Fatigue?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
When United released the ‘training video’ of Bruno yesterday, and it was basically keepy-uppies between the keepers and a big game of pig in the middle with the first teamers - I knew that we did feck all in training.

The players aren’t coached, and have to rely on improvisation - which is great when you have a Rashford or a Pogba in the side who can provide individual brilliance.

Without that, we’re relying on doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result.

izec

Er, coach the fecking team midweek maybe?
Nh, he is just there to make the lineups and the rest is up to the players or something. Ole is the first manager in United's history who cant do more than make lineups and transfers, the rest he is blameless.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s been clear for months now Ole’s out of his depth. How shite do we have to get before the board pull the trigger?

Woodward’s hung his hat on Solskjaer so sacking him means he’s cocked up yet again therefore this is going to be painfully dragged out as long as possible. It’s literally worst case scenario for us fans.

roonaldo78

specifically based on today, can you explain why?

What would you have done differently given our resources, to get a different result vs a team in identical position to us right now?
Make some changes earlier? James offerred nothing the whole match, perhaps bring on Dalot or Chong.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let’s have it warrior. What did you see? Given, we will have Matic and hopefully a few more back soon. What did Ole do wrong today? Let’s have it!? My bet is you don’t have a clue! All you can dish out is the like. “Should have started Greenwood. Should have. Should have. And should have. Wish I had more daily posts, and I would debate you to never post again :smirk:

Here is my take. Weed out the players lacking football intelligence and sign more players like today’s debutante!

Here comes the funny part! In comes the experts calling it on subs and in game management.
First, in game management was damage control. Where could we put Pereira so he wouldn’t do more damage. Second. What subs? There is nothing on the bench making any difference.

Have fun taxi driver experts :lol:
So your self defined expert opinion is “sign better players”.

Jesus wept.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's probably being sarcastic. I hope so anyway.
EDIT: Actually, he isn't. Just saw his response. Bloody hell.

FreakyJim

I see it differently. There were several occasions today when in the final third, our players were taking two touches instead of one, and that shows down the play and makes wastes the strikers runs. Our players need to get on the front foot and play with much more urgency. Im sure OGS is not instructing them to play so slow?
I don't even want to know what he's telling these players.

dove

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let’s have it warrior. What did you see? Given, we will have Matic and hopefully a few more back soon. What did Ole do wrong today? Let’s have it!? My bet is you don’t have a clue! All you can dish out is the like. “Should have started Greenwood. Should have. Should have. And should have. Wish I had more daily posts, and I would debate you to never post again :smirk:

Here is my take. Weed out the players lacking football intelligence and sign more players like today’s debutante!
:lol: You look to be the warrior here. Registers when we are shit and wouldn't be surprised if you are just a shill paid by the club to spout some BS how well Ole is doing and how our future is bright. I am pretty sure we have a few of those here. Weed out the players lacking football intelligence ? Maybe we should weed out the manager who lacks any sort of coaching skills? Maybe that would help? Have you actually seen us play this year? Starting James who is absolutely useless in possession against the team who you know will give away all possession and try to counter you basically sums up Ole as a manager. We had 3 attacking midfielders today who all want to play in exact same position. Fecking 3. No signings will make it better. Ole took this team as far as he can (actually he made us worse) and time to stop this ridiculous experiment. If we really want to have Ole associated with the club I am sure we can find a position for him. But it should be a position where he is nowhere near coaching. He is clueless. And no, it doesn't mean me or anyone from RedCafe would do a better job than Ole.

hollywoodpass

It really is apparent that we lack good coaching. It's the reason Wolves and Sheffield Utd are on par with us.

Our corner and free-kick routines are dire. We should have twice as many goals scored from set pieces. Our performances are totally reliant on individual moments. Our link up play down the flanks is insipid. The number of players we get into the box is rarely enough. Our defense is reliant upon Maguire and AWB making last ditch attempts.

The only way its going to be fixed is a change of manager and coaching staff. If any of the above was going to improve under Ole it already would have. However, instead we have gone backwards. Oh but wait we've got Phelan....Meulensteen and Queiroz were the key coaches under that time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

This could be a reflection of our training could it not ? This isn't an issue for today but all season long.

Iowred

We can sign all the £60 million players out there but unless they are being coached and drilled correctly on the training ground then you'll just get what we have seen again today, a team of 11 players who look like strangers having a kick about.

I think we have a decent nucleus of a team with players like De gea/Henderson, wan b, Maguire, Williams, Fred, Bruno, rashford, greenwood. The problem is they dont appear to be being coached by OGS, Carrick & Phil Neville look a like.

For me OGS has at least done a half decent job of putting the club in the right path long term, we now need a proper manager to put is in a better place short & long term.

OGS OUT!!!!!!!

acnumber9

He waited 72 minutes before making a change and then just continued to play the same way, in the same formation that had not worked for the previous 72 minutes. Then waits another 15 minutes again to make like for like changes. What is he thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.