Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

If he is performing better then anyone in our squad then we have a place for him !
Or do we need to keep the players who are not performing on the pitch ?
We have plenty of space for this kind of players. It is like saying, we don't need prime Ronaldo because we have Martial playing there ! So it is just better to keep our underperforming players...I don't get it.

By the way how mentality of footballers work ? Serious question.
His best position is where Rashford and Bruno plays. Without even coming here he should be starting. He won’t. Therefore what is the point? See Donny... I don’t want to here anymore stupid suggestions like get Jack in January and we are nice. Makes no sense.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Klopp.
Pep.
Ancelloti.
Tuchel.
Jose.
Ancelloti.
Rodgers.

Fair to say all are clearly better managers than Ole?

Mainoldo

Goalie? But seriously do you think we’re utterly rigid? He’d be an attacking player somewhere across the middle 3 of a 4231. Or in the front two midfield of a 433 or on the left or right in some other formation. Pogba and Bruno have both done this. And there are a million more scenarios but the bottom line is get more influential players and you will do better. As we did in the past. Do you not agree? Or should we just stick with what we have?
You aren’t getting the best out of him though. You have to play through him meaning Bruno will have to take a backseat or not play. Jack also can’t play deep like Pogba. It just would not work right now.

passing-wind

Are you saying Jack Grealish doesn’t have the right mentality or influence to bring our squad up a level. Again, I point towards past experiences when players came in and lifted up the squad and our game
We don't sign Jack Grealish and all of a sudden become the best team in the league. The fact that every fan is putting so much emphasis on this signing is a far cry from actually identifying what the weaknesses in the team are (we have far more concerning areas).

We struggle to break down packed defences (it's a theme) because the team are not coached well enough to do so. Contrast that with City and look how they are able to 'open up' the opposition. They don't rely on 'insert surname' to run through the entire opposition and create the chances, it's accomplished with movement, ideology and tactical integration all of which are the managers contribution. The players simply execute the instructions hence we have terms such as Sterling being a system player. But if anyone can enlighten me as to what system we have I'm all ears.

Grealish for Villa won't look like how he does being at United because his best positions are pre occupied by our most prolific forward players. Systematically how do we deploy Grealish's strengths with our strongest 11 including Rashford and Bruno ?

Mainoldo

Klopp.
Pep.
Ancelloti.
Tuchel.
Jose.
Ancelloti.
Rodgers.

He’s above them though. So it won’t matter to the board. They don’t know anything about Football.

The Oracle

This is what we will get with Solskjaer as manager...

1). Qualify for the Champions League, but limp out at the group stage or the first knock-out phase

2). Go on good cup runs, but ultimately fail to get to a final

3). Occasionally get to the top of the Premier League, but ultimately choke and fall back down the table.

I have seen enough from Solskjaer now, to know that the above 3 things will keep happening time and time again.

His most glaring weakness (which even a blind man can see) is that he makes substitutions too late.

This is a major fault with him, and he will not change.

I would rather have Ancelotti as manager.

Mark my words:

If we continue with Ole, then before we win our next league title, Steven Gerrard will have won the league as Liverpool manager.

Mainoldo

We don't sign Jack Grealish and all of a sudden become the best team in the league. The fact that every fan is putting so much emphasis on this signing is a far cry from actually identifying what the weaknesses in the team are (we have far more concerning areas).

We struggle to break down packed defences (it's a theme) because the team are not coached well enough to do so. Contrast that with City and look how they are able to 'open up' the opposition. They don't rely on 'insert surname' to run through the entire opposition and create the chances, it's accomplished with movement, ideology and tactical integration all of which are the managers contribution the players simply execute the instructions hence we have terms such as Sterling being a system player. But if anyone can enlighten me as to what system we have I'm all ears.

Grealish for Villa won't look like how he does being at United because his best positions are pre occupied by our most prolific forward players. How or where does he fit in ?
Well that’s two people telling him the same thing. Maybe he will learn something today.

Bubz27

Why weren't you posting such lists earlier today?
I've always been Ole out.

Do you agree or disagree with what I said? You can even chuck in a reason to support your answer if you want.

Mindhunter

He is too passive and hardly makes changes to arrest the slide or better yet turn the tide. Opponent managers now know what his game management style is and try to exploit that.

Why not bring in Mata or some else from the bench to try asking different questions of the SU defense? He needs to understand that having the best performing players on the pitch at all times doesn't guarantee goals. Sometimes lesser players will get you goals simply because the opponents aren't prepared to deal with them. Trying the same thing several times and expecting different outcomes is the very definition of insanity.

Overall though he is doing a great job at the club and I am pleased with where we are.

Bubz27

It's funny seeing Ole say "That bit of extra magic was missing." Because that's literally all he relies on. No other to team relies on individual moments off brilliance as much as we do.

Just remind yourself Sheffield United had 1 win in 19, and they beat us at Old Trafford. 5 points, now they have 8. And all we could do was score from a set piece.

Crustanoid

Well that’s two people telling him the same thing. Maybe he will learn something today.
Oh well. Ambition is everything in this game. When we signed Keane he was RB for a while but he added to our mentality. When we signed Rooney we had Ruud, Saha and others. Investing in clear quality and inspiration doesn’t have to conform to some kind of FM driven squad building philosophy. I’ll shut up now

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I've always been Ole out.

Do you agree or disagree with what I said? You can even chuck in a reason to support your answer if you want.
Doesn't look like you were mentioning it while we were winning.

We're still above all but one of these 'superior' managers. We've just beaten the second best on the list but now tonight is the only evidence we should go on?

Silverman

You just know we're gonna have you wait for it to get very bad before we get rid of him.
Again, I'm not calling for his head but I don't think he's the right man for the job so it's a very tough situation to try and sort out.

edgecutter

We've literally been the best team in the league over the last 38 league matches (today's loss may have changed that). Saying he's done worse than Lampard and done nothing but scrape top 4 is obviously over-the-top.
Should have a league title then, but that will never happen under him. Good form shouldn't gurantee him more time. He will be here 2.5 years come the end of the season and it's looking likely we will have another trophy less season, and it boggles my mind the rumours of giving him a new contract.

Paul_Scholes18

You just know we're gonna have you wait for it to get very bad before we get rid of him.
Again, I'm not calling for his head but I don't think he's the right man for the job so it's a very tough situation to try and sort out.
Agree! We need to be proactive though to win the league. City and Liverpool are both not going to be shit all season so being average can be enough.
We need a top coach that can dominate the weaker sides and tactically win the bigger games and avoid 0-0 draws a lot.

He deserve to stay this season and give it a go. We can still win 3 titles, but the way we play makes it easy to have off days that backfires.

Bubz27

Doesn't look like you were mentioning it while we were winning.

We're still above all but one of these 'superior' managers. We've just beaten the second best on the list but now tonight is the only evidence we should go on?
Am I only talking about tonight? Maybe I'm looking at the last 2 and a half years as a whole, where we have shown improvement at times, but those times have also been matched where we've been absolutely abysmal. And we've bottled 4 semi finals.

And Wilder's just beaten Ole, does that mean Wilder is better? Obviously not.

I'll mention it whenever I please, thank you. I made an effort to try and enjoy the ride somewhat.

Don't get me wrong, Ole's done some good here. Necessary good. And I hope I'm wrong, but I can't ever see him winning one of the top 3 trophies here.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's funny seeing Ole say "That bit of extra magic was missing." Because that's literally all he relies on. No other to team relies on individual moments off brilliance as much as we do.

Just remind yourself Sheffield United had 1 win in 19, and they beat us at Old Trafford. 5 points, now they have 8. And all we could do was score from a set piece.
What do Spurs do outside of Son and Kane's brilliance?
Why couldn't Liverpool beat Burnley last week?
Why did City and Liverpool draw with West Brom?
Chelsea and Leicester lost to Fulham, Spurs and Liverpool couldn't beat them either.

Bubz27

Better for United yes
Not like Spurs are any better than us at the moment. Jose has a better CV but I would rather have Ole in charge.
I agree with both of you. I would rather have Ole than Jose too.

But do you think Ole is a better manager than Jose? I don't think you do.
Jose got a PL job after his spell at United, which was worse than Ole's. I can't see Ole managing another PL team.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I watched most of the team have an awful day with passing accuracy. So many of them made so many poor passes and poor control when receiving passes it just wasnt funny. It just feels like one of those awful days where collectively the players didnt do their jobs.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I agree with both of you. I would rather have Ole than Jose too.

But do you think Ole is a better manager than Jose? I don't think you do.
Jose got a PL job after his spell at United, which was worse than Ole's. I can't see Ole managing another PL team.
What’s the rest got to do with it or even matter if we all agree Ole is better for United than Jose

Bubz27

What do Spurs do outside of Son and Kane's brilliance?
Why couldn't Liverpool beat Burnley last week?
Why did City and Liverpool draw with West Brom?
Chelsea and Leicester lost to Fulham, Spurs and Liverpool couldn't beat them either.
We really going to talk about City and Liverpool? Teams who have won the biggest trophies under their current managers? Liverpool losing to Burnley was like Fergie's United losing to Burnley, once upon a time. An anomaly. It happens, but you know at the end of the day everything's all good.

Ole losing to teams like Sheffield United or Palace at home is too regular for my liking.

Spurs, I do think they're pretty poor.

el3mel

Klopp.
Pep.
Ancelloti.
Tuchel.
Jose.
Ancelloti.
Rodgers.

I don't honestly rate Tuchel highly at all. Good manager, but that's about it. Didn't want him near us.

At the moment and since Poch isn't available anymore, there's no other available and free candidate for United worthy of the job, so I guess our best bet is to ride the train with Ole till the end and see where it goes.

All managers that I would prefer to Ole are already busy with their job.

Bubz27

What’s the rest got to do with it or even matter if we all agree Ole is better for United than Jose
Because my original point was Jose is a better manager than Ole. That's obvious isn't it? I spelt it out in plain English.

tomaldinho1

Klopp.
Pep.
Ancelloti.
Tuchel.
Jose.
Ancelloti.
Rodgers.

I'm not an Ole fan but there's zero point in this kind of list. They are not our manager and literally none of them likely ever will be (again in Jose's case) due to past connections or current jobs.

1 loss is not a disaster. Let's not lose our heads.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because my original point was Jose is a better manager than Ole. That's obvious isn't it? I spelt it out in plain English.
Ok, If saying that helps somehow or means anything, great, Go for it

Bubz27

I don't honestly rate Tuchel highly at all. Good manager, but that's about it. Didn't want him near us.

At the moment and since Poch isn't available anymore, there's no other available and free candidate for United worthy of the job, so I guess our best bet is to ride the train with Ole till the end and see where it goes.

All managers that I would prefer to Ole are already busy with their job.
Why should we only go for a manager that's available? We don't only but players out of contact?

And I'm not Tuchel's biggest fan, but he's better than Ole.

Bubz27

Ok, If saying that helps somehow or means anything, great, Go for it
Isn't that the point of a forum? I'm not happy that we have a manger who is arguably the 7th or 8th best in the league and I expressed that point. You changed that point and when I referred back to what started the chat, you make a snarky remark.

passing-wind

I watched most of the team have an awful day with passing accuracy. So many of them made so many poor passes and poor control when receiving passes it just wasnt funny. It just feels like one of those awful days where collectively the players didnt do their jobs.
That pretty much describes the last 5 of our games some of the passages of play within 90 mins of football is actually beyond comprehension that those associated with the club can call themselves professionals. Solskjaer ticks every box about the the culture, mentality and understanding the criteria of this club but when it comes to the tangibles he's still in need of adaptation and massive improvement.

As it stands I reckon Ole will be the Brendan Rodgers of Liverpool for us. Not tactically etc but more in the sense of the club having to eventually take another manager receiving the baton in order to bring the team to a higher level in order to sustain accomplishment in the competitions we are competing in. I'm not saying Ole should be sacked but there's this 'ceiling' I feel under the manager that I cannot see crumbling or bypassing.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ah....I so want Ole to be the man. He’s done a good job, he really has but I worry that he doesn’t have enough tactically to win the biggest prizes. He might do well to get rid of the likes of Carrick and bring in some top coaches.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Isn't that the point of a forum? I'm not happy that we have a manger who is arguably the 7th or 8th best in the league and I expressed that point. You changed that point and when I referred back to what started the chat, you make a snarky remark.
No I just see it as totally pointless you pointing out you think mourinho is a better manager if we’ve both all ready agreed Ole is the better manager for United

Status
Not open for further replies.