Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
9 of those goals are against Southampton's b team playing with 10 and then 9 players. Take those away and we are level with Crystal palace.
Same argument can be made against all teams. Teams don't score 4-5 goals against everyone.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
You can't just take goals away cause you don't like that it counters your opinion.
You only brought that list up after yesterday's game though. Are you concluding how good we are at scoring from open play from a game against a team missing 9 players and playing the whole match with 10 players, 3 goals scored when they were playing 9 players.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Nope. Too late. He's made his rules. I'm adding 4 goals for the chances we missed against Liverpool and Arsenal.
You should also remove some goals where we relied on individual brilliance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You only brought that list up after yesterday's game though. Are you concluding how good we are at scoring from open play from a game against a team missing 9 players and playing the whole match with 10 players, 3 goals scored when they were playing 9 players.
Well we've got an additional 8 open play goals in the CL if that helps. I also happen to think chances we've created where we've missed sitters is a good metric of how good we are from open play, and we've done quite a few of them unfortunately.
You should also remove some goals where we relied on individual brilliance.
Yes of course, it's the only logical step.

Robbie Boy

It's actually not slow at all. It's faster then expected.
In your opinon, of course. I would say it's par the course. I mean we can't just dismiss getting knocked out of the CL in the group stage. If by the seasons end we have mounted a serious title challenge then I'll agree.

Flexdegea

Why should anyone remove 9 goals when we have scored 8 open play goals yesterday?

Also remove 7 goals Liverpool scored vs Palace or 5 goals City scored in one of their games, 11 goals Spurs scored vs Us and Southampton then we will be up there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically sums up how silly your man's point is...........you don't decide end of season here you aren't allowed them goals in such and such game so you lost the league on goal difference. Like the other teams are racking up their goal tallies by hammering teams 4 nil each game

UnofficialDevil

Why should anyone remove 9 goals when we have scored 8 open play goals yesterday?

Also remove 7 goals Liverpool scored vs Palace or 5 goals City scored in one of their games, 11 goals Spurs scored vs Us and Southampton then we will be up there.
Scoring 9 goals against Southampton's b team that’s playing with 10 players for the whole match isn't a match to draw conclusions from about how good we are at scoring from open play, specially when three of those goals went in when they were playing with 9 players.
Can't you understand that?

GoldTrafford99

Scoring 9 goals against Southampton's b team that’s playing with 10 players for the whole match isn't a match to draw conclusions from about how good we are at scoring from open play, specially when three of those goals went in when they were playing with 9 players.

This Southampton 'B' team you're bleating on about knocked Arsenal out of the FA Cup last week.. wanna know how many goals Arsenal scored against this 'B' Team?

Zero.

Wanna know how many how many Villa scored against them a few days ago? One.

Liverpool two weeks back? Zero.

West Ham the week before? Zero.

You are making the worst point that's ever been made on RedCaf... and that is saying something. You're embarrassing yourself, mate.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Again same question, why would anyone remove 9 goals when we have scored 8 goals from open play? Is it so hard to understand?

jackal&hyde

In your opinon, of course. I would say it's par the course. I mean we can't just dismiss getting knocked out of the CL in the group stage. If by the seasons end we have mounted a serious title challenge then I'll agree.
It usually takes 3 or 4 years before a team goes from being lost to competing. It took Klopp 3 years before pool looked like they are going places, similar for SAF in the 90s. To go from mid table rubbish to serious title contenders in less then 2 seasons is actually incredible.

We forget that it was not to long ago that we gave up in some games while now, we go in to every game expecting to win. We are not the finished article yet for sure, but we have come an extremely long way in a very short amount of time. We are United again IMO.

Robbie Boy

It usually takes 3 or 4 years before a team goes from being lost to competing. It took Klopp 3 years before pool looked like they are going places, similar for SAF in the 90s. To go from mid table rubbish to serious title contenders in less then 2 seasons is actually incredible.

We forget that it was not to long ago that we gave up in some games while now, we go in to every game expecting to win. We are not the finished article yet for sure, but we have come an extremely long way in a very short amount of time. We are United again IMO.
He's done a-lot of good work and he'll have been here two and half years at the end of the season. There's signs of tangible progress just now, and we are on the right track. I don't think he's ahead of schedule though. Right now, his biggest achievement is getting us 3rd place. It was a great end to last season that got us there and he has to be commended for that.

But, this season still has to play out and things are very tight. We could potentially put up a good title push and win the FA and/or EL, and in that scenario, he's well ahead of schedule. For me though, right now he's doing as expected with the squad he has. I'll revise that at the end of the season if we keep going the way we are. There's still a-lot of work needed to have us back to where we want to be.

UnofficialDevil

This Southampton 'B' team you're bleating on about knocked Arsenal out of the FA Cup last week.. wanna know how many goals Arsenal scored against this 'B' Team?

Zero.

Wanna know how many how many Villa scored against them a few days ago? One.

Liverpool two weeks back? Zero.

West Ham the week before? Zero.

You are making the worst point that's ever been made on RedCaf... and that is saying something. You're embarrassing yourself, mate.
How would you know, you've been here for a month. Keep your insults to yourself.

Red & White

An average of 2 points per game 22 games in after the start we had is absolutely fantastic. Scored the most goals in the league. Really hope we finish the season well as he deserves massive credit.

Zen86

I think what annoys me, and I'm sure it annoys Zen too, is that literally every time without fail a lot of these agenda posters disappear from the Ole threads when he' doing well, only to pipe up when we drop points or play poorly. It's just very, very disengenuous.

I made a mental note of how many new pages there were in this thread after we beat Liverpool and contrasted it with the number of pages that were created in the same thread after we lost to Sheffield. It was almost three times more activity on this thread after the latter, than there was after we beat Liverpool. I'm sorry, but that just reeks. I then went even further and looked into the posting histories of some of those posters who were perhaps the most derogatory and disrespectful in their criticism and I found that for so many of them, they hadn't said a single word about the manager since early December, and they then piped up the moment we lost.

How can you expect someone like Zen, who, love him or hate him, has steadfastly been on this forum, rain or shine, defending his position for the past two and a bit years, NOT to have a pop at these people?

Sure, I mean, it's not the biggest thing in the world, but equally, I find it a bit weird to police someone on how they respond to the other side in these circumstances. Especially since you yourself was a noted doubter of Ole, and have only recently seemingly come round to accepting him (I might be wrong on that assumption so apologies if it's incorrect). Don't you think it's a bit rich for you to involve yourself on this, when people Zen, Bilbo, Withnail, and a few others (myself included) have been backing Ole from day one? When we've had to deal with the torrent of shitposts from the other side for god knows how long, I think we're well within our rights to respond or call out others as we see fit.
Indeed.

I’ve no problem with those who have held a different opinion to me regarding our manager, I never have. However, I‘ve always taken issue with the disrespect and sheer idiocy of a not insignificant number of posters in this thread and on this forum. You don’t have to go back many pages to see them.

If I wanted to bid those posters cheerio for a bit, because it’s pretty well established exactly what their posting behaviour is, then I couldn’t care less if I strike a nerve with @Robbie Boy and his sudden newfound policing of this thread.

Robbie Boy

Indeed.

I’ve no problem with those who have held a different opinion to me regarding our manager, I never have. However, I‘ve always taken issue with the disrespect and sheer idiocy of a not insignificant number of posters in this thread and on this forum. You don’t have to go back many pages to see them.

If I wanted to bid those posters cheerio for a bit, because it’s pretty well established exactly what their posting behaviour is, then I couldn’t care less if I strike a nerve with @Robbie Boy and his sudden newfound policing of this thread.
Good for you pal. But you'll be called out on your hypocrisy :)

FatherWolff

Good for you pal. But you'll be called out on your hypocrisy :)
Speaking of. Now go fetch a few “Ole outers” and strike that balance away from. Hypocrisy ;)

What we all like is good analysis of the games. Some supply such posts, more don’t. But nice to see some steps toward a better environment. It’s always better when we win, and utter garbage when we loose. That should tell you something.

Robbie Boy

Thanks. You don’t need to worry about me though, I can rest easy now you’re safeguarding this thread for everyone.
I'm glad I can be of assistance to you mate, cheers :)

Maybe you guys can take your 'sides battle' to that horrific 'Ole in brigade' thread and leave this thread for actual discussion. I mean, you guys pushed for the 'Ole out' thread to be shut due to its toxicity. But then you bring the same childish nonsense here? The mind boggles, to be honest. I'm sure most of the forum are bored senseless with you 'ins' vs 'outs'.

Olecurls99

9 of those goals are against Southampton's b team playing with 10 and then 9 players. Take those away and we are level with Crystal palace.
How was it a B team? They played 8 regular starters? We didn't play Pogba or Martial who are regulars for us. Was it our B team?

Last edited:

FatherWolff

No, it's quiet and relatively peaceful. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to pick a fight again soon enough :)
Mate, I’m sure you think you have the best intentions . You won’t find a single post of me gloating when we where first. But you sure will find a few defending our team and manager when the trolls come out. Make that what you will, but don’t pretend you know me or make me something I’m not.. I will see if you manage that balance though! It’s what most of us want.

Robbie Boy

How was it a B team? They played 8 regular starters? We didn't play Pogba or Martial who are regulars for us. Was it our B team.
Aye, it was clearly their first team bar a-few injuries. Bizarre anyone would want to play down such a fantastic win.

Olecurls99

So Bruno wouldn't have scored that penalty if Southampton had 10 players on the pitch. Give it a rest

Robbie Boy

Mate, I’m sure you think you have the best intentions . You won’t find a single post of me gloating when we where first. But you sure will find a few defending our team and manager when the trolls come out. Make that what you will, but don’t pretend you know me or make me something I’m not.. I will see if you manage that balance though! It’s what most of us want.
You're not really getting my point regarding hypocrisy. I'm sure you 'Ole ins' have good intentions but far too many have become wummy and are fanning the flames. These same posters used to cry about toxicity. Go figure. Guess it's all about you shouldn't stoop to their level. You're reading too much into it and overthinking a very simple premise.

FatherWolff

You're not really getting my point regarding hypocrisy. I'm sure you 'Ole ins' have good intentions but far too many have become wummy and are fanning the flames. These same posters used to cry about toxicity. Go figure. Guess it's all about you shouldn't stoop to their level. You're reading too much into it and overthinking a very simple premise.
Yes, I’m getting the point you at trying to make. But you somehow ignore the fact that more celebrate their opinions with a loss than when we win. That’s not even hypocritical, it’s ironic and pretty tragic. But I didn’t comment on it, I made my own. With a bit tongue in cheek..

Robbie Boy

Yes, I’m getting the point you at trying to make. But you somehow ignore the fact that more celebrate their opinions with a loss than when we win. That’s not even hypocritical, it’s ironic and pretty tragic. But I didn’t comment on it, I made my own. With a bit tongue in cheek..
Yes, and they are shunned by most of the forum because of the way they carry on. So why stoop to their level? You can rise above it, you know. For me, it's irritating as both sides seem more intent on wumming each other which makes actual debate hard to find. I can't imagine the majority of the forum like coming in here to read the same in vs out posters bickering and wumming each other.

It is hypocrisy to claim it's only one side who make this place toxic when the other side are contributing just as much.

FatherWolff

Yes, and they are shunned by most of the forum because of the way they carry on. So why stoop to their level? You can rise above it, you know. For me, it's irritating as both sides seem more intent on wumming each other which makes actual debate hard to find. I can't imagine the majority of the forum like coming in here to read the same in vs out posters bickering and wumming each other.

It is hypocrisy to claim it's only one side who make this place toxic when the other side are contributing just as much.
Thank you for the compliments of My limited postings!

I find it hard to see support for the manager and a process as toxic. I even find it hard to see sammsky as such, as I found him more funny and tongue in cheek.

Robbie Boy

Thank you for the compliments of My limited postings!

I find it hard to see support for the manager and a process as toxic. I even find it hard to see sammsky as such, as I found him more funny and tongue in cheek.
Well if you see Sammsky as funny...

Red00012

Huge game Saturday for us with City playing the following day.

It’s not a term thrown out there much but you could call it Ole 1st real test

Adamsk7

If Ole finishes in the top four again this season, that’s another step in the right direction. We haven’t had the stability of two consecutive top four finishes since the Fergie years. That puts him well in front of LVG and Jose for me, despite those two winning some trophies.
I genuinely think we are a good team now - all of my non Utd supporting mates are now starting to say things like “urgh we’ve got Utd at the weekend” or “well the top four will definitely have City and Utd in it”. The rhetoric is starting to change and whilst we certainly haven’t got the fear we used to have back, we are now considered a top team again, which is IMO largely down to Ole and the coaches. The improvements have been slow but I think that’s what we needed - the quick fixes clearly didn’t work. Our deadwood is largely gone (I see Phil is hanging on for dear life) and we’ve got some exciting players coming through. 2-3 additions in the summer and we will be a lot closer to having that feeling of going in to a season expecting to challenge for honours, which is all I ever want from the team.

lex talionis

I’ve been an Ole In man for a while but I reserve right to go Ole Out if we go tits up at season’s end.

There is no credible case for flogging Ole at this time. There are legitimate quibbles about how he set us up in recent matches, and our inglorious crashing out of the CL, but any reasonable assessment has to conclude that Ole has done a great job and that no decision about his future with United should be made before May.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
In 2015/16 season under Van Gaal United scored 49 goals. Right now 46 goals in 22 games.
But, but, but it doesn't count because a lot of those goals came against 9 U23 Southampton players....
(all but McCarthy, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand, JWP, Djenepo, Armstrong, Adams and Ings anyways....)

Status
Not open for further replies.