Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. StrangeHate

Round.
Of.
Applause.

I am staggered by the amount of 'village idiots' I've come across since signing up to post on RedCaf (the only reason I came on was to see how many fans were buzzing about all Ole has done over the past two years; especially with the academy set up and reducing the age of our first-team and putting everything in place for a charge in two years time).

But no need to be as staggered as I have been, I guess.

Because just like other social media, this place is full of nutjobs hiding behind fake usernames; and if there are people who can vote in Trump and believe QAnon is real, and if there are people who think Brexit is a good thing and that Boris Johnson would make a fine PM, then of course there are bound to be folk on Manchester United fan sites just as deluded who probably think Ole should be sacked because well.. because he hasn't won a League Title yet or some shit ("He's only second damnit!")

I TOTALLY agree with you...

These guys wanting Ole out, or who think he's doing a bad job in any way...

To me, they are the equivalent of Trumpites... Just totally and utterly deluded. They've no idea how ridiculous they sound.
This was Sammsky's go to insult. Surely the mods know whether it is the same IP address.

Giggsyking

There is some complete and utter lunacy in this thread.

The fact is this, and it seems many of you won’t like it, both Ole-outers and Ole-inners are 100% fans of Manchester United Football Club.

They both want what’s best for this club; they just have different ideas of how to achieve this. Stop the name calling, trolling, bullying and barrage of abuse.

There is surely a sensible debate to be had on this topic? I see valid points on both sides of the spectrum.

It doesn’t have to descend into juvenile hysteria. It’s really sad to see our fans behave in this way and become so divided.
Exactly.
But, I have never seen an Ole outer acusing an Ole inner of being a plastic fan or should support another club. On the contrary everyday I see posts of Ole inners mouthing, acusing the others of being plastics, being Wums, etc (just look at the example I responded to above) .

Giggsyking

Round.
Of.
Applause.

I am staggered by the amount of 'village idiots' I've come across since signing up to post on RedCaf (the only reason I came on was to see how many fans were buzzing about all Ole has done over the past two years; especially with the academy set up and reducing the age of our first-team and putting everything in place for a charge in two years time).

But no need to be as staggered as I have been, I guess.

Because just like other social media, this place is full of nutjobs hiding behind fake usernames; and if there are people who can vote in Trump and believe QAnon is real, and if there are people who think Brexit is a good thing and that Boris Johnson would make a fine PM, then of course there are bound to be folk on Manchester United fan sites just as deluded who probably think Ole should be sacked because well.. because he hasn't won a League Title yet or some shit ("He's only second damnit!")

I TOTALLY agree with you...

These guys wanting Ole out, or who think he's doing a bad job in any way...

To me, they are the equivalent of Trumpites... Just totally and utterly deluded. They've no idea how ridiculous they sound.
Wellcome back Sammsky, we missed you.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Do fans of other clubs refer to people that don't want their manager sacked today as 'inners'?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There is some complete and utter lunacy in this thread.

The fact is this, and it seems many of you won’t like it, both Ole-outers and Ole-inners are 100% fans of Manchester United Football Club.

They both want what’s best for this club; they just have different ideas of how to achieve this. Stop the name calling, trolling, bullying and barrage of abuse.

There is surely a sensible debate to be had on this topic? I see valid points on both sides of the spectrum.

It doesn’t have to descend into juvenile hysteria. It’s really sad to see our fans behave in this way and become so divided.
Good post.

Worth a "reaction", scouts/mods.

Withnail

Exactly.
But, I have never seen an Ole outer acusing an Ole inner of being a plastic fan or should support another club. On the contrary everyday I see posts of Ole inners mouthing, acusing the others of being plastics, being Wums, etc (just look at the example I responded to above) .
Really? The poster above has called for less juvenile antics on both sides and there you are claiming you've never seen 'Ole Outers' carrying on.

I think you missed his point.

Giggsyking

Really? The poster above has called for less juvenile antics on both sides and there you are claiming you've never seen 'Ole Outers' carrying on.

I think you missed his point.
No mate, missed nothing. Maybe there are some mild antics from Ole outers, but never seen any of them call anyone plastics or wums. While there dozens of examples of Ole inners making everything persoal. The two sides are not on the same level. One side is more personal than the other, and you know which side is it.

stw2022

I don't see what we would miss if we replaced him with Michael Carrick to the end of the season. Not necessarily advocating that but there's no distinctive style of play that we'd risk losing, he isn't a particularly huge influence on the touch line, I'd doubt if him no longer being able to regularly make straight-swaps (all too often full-back for full-back) three quarters of the way into matches would be something particularly noteworthy.

I'm not advocating sacking him, necessarily. But given the total sum of his time at the club has led to the present scenario of plan A, B, C and D being 'Hope Fernandes turns up' I struggle to think what we'd lose without him being here.

What would change? What does he bring that we'd notice if he wasn't there. I really can't think of....anything.

Hellboy

Even the argument of Ole improving the team is actually very flawed.

He inherited an imploding team but a squad who was second in the league on 81 points, finished 5th on 66 points and 3rd on 66 points again last season. No improvement.

Only Fernandes has been arguably a solid buy so far and, to be fair, any manager after Jose would have been give the funds to buy better than £80m fecking Maguire and strenghten the squad.

Which players have improved under him ? Probably no one apart from Shaw and that’s probably more due to Telles coming in.

In hindsight, he should never have been appointed and the warning signs were there since he got the job. Not sure even the Molde fans would want him back at this point.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Much appreciated. Being new, I’m not sure how long it’s going to take me to get to full member status :wenger:.
Just keep making sensible posts - and you'll get there soon enough.

Do not engage in heated discussions with idiots - save that for later. Be diplomatic rather than confrontational even if the poster you're responding to is an utter twat. Do not take the bait of WUMs (of which there are plenty on here).

Stick to that formula in the newbies too - not just when you use your allocated posts in the mains.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We need Ole to do this in a press conference soon.

Fergie was having a go at Matt Lawton who works for The Times newspaper now.

Withnail

No mate, missed nothing. Maybe there are some mild antics from Ole outers, but never seen any of them call anyone plastics or wums. While there dozens of examples of Ole inners making everything persoal. The two sides are not on the same level. One side is more personal than the other, and you know which side is it.
Just look a few posts up that goldtrafford is being called a wum and the second coming of sammsky.

Funnily enough, it's the side you're not on who are the worst. You obviously weren't in the Ole out thread much. This has been going on for years now. Some who wanted the manager gone ended up banned for being relentlessly negative and insulting towards other posters. I'd suggest you go read some of rafaeldagold's posts if you don't believe me.

You're not helping the polarisation with this type of stuff. There are a few extremists on both sides who colour the whole debate.

Matriac

Exactly.

Maybe you put them all on ignore, but no less than under a year ago anyone who voted to keep Ole and spoke positively of him was called oppo fans that was only on here to wind up "the real fans who want him gone". And much worse language as well.

It has happened since as well, but they steadily vanished as we kept climbing the league position and they couldn't say anything unless we lost a game, then when we eventually lost a game they were back in droves to say they always knew it was gonna be that way. Then we lost so rarely they had to do the same with draws.

Yeah I do feel that some "Ole inners" have become more antagonistic over time, but only in response to the verbal abuse they had to deal with from many on here since 2 weeks after his full appointment.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Any name for us fans who are not #Olein or #Oleout ?
Good question.

Big category too. Should definitely have a name.

Something like an agnostic, you could say. Someone who lacks true belief in Ole, but who also recognizes that the ultimate nature of Ole cannot be known (yet).

Skåre Willoch

Even the argument of Ole improving the team is actually very flawed.

He inherited an imploding team but a squad who was second in the league on 81 points, finished 5th on 66 points and 3rd on 66 points again last season. No improvement.

Only Fernandes has been arguably a solid buy so far and, to be fair, any manager after Jose would have been give the funds to buy better than £80m fecking Maguire and strenghten the squad.

Which players have improved under him ? Probably no one apart from Shaw and that’s probably more due to Telles coming in.

In hindsight, he should never have been appointed and the warning signs were there since he got the job. Not sure even the Molde fans would want him back at this point.
5th -> 3rd = improvement.

McTominay, Fred, Shaw, Lindelöf, Martial (for a season), Pogba (in bursts) have all improved in the past 2 years. You can add Rashford as well, in my opinion, and I think Greenwood belongs on this list as well in his own way.

Bruno has been great, but Cavani, Telles, AWB and Maguire has been either solid, very good, or useful acquisitions. Dan James, Ighalo and DVB (so far, more time needed) are flops. Not too shabby transfer record, I think. Keep in mind he’s taken care of some key departures/ cleaning up us well, which I also think should be a part of this “review”.

And of course Molde wouldn’t take him back. They’d close the gates to the city, shut down the airport, anything and everything they can to keep him away.:rolleyes:

MattofManchester

Honestly, it would help Ole if he brought in some experienced assistants that can help with structure on the pitch.

Carrick, McKenna and Fletcher are frankly too inexperienced to be coaching at the top level without more experienced heads ahead of them.

Unfortunately, this will not happen.

Robbie Boy

Yeah I do feel that some "Ole inners" have become more antagonistic over time, but only in response to the verbal abuse they had to deal with from many on here since 2 weeks after his full appointment.
Ah the whole 'they started it and provoked us but we're the better side' - sorry but you're miles off. Just accept both extreme camps are in the wrong and move on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Source, just look at the shake up of the entire academy since Ole came in; look at the amount of teenagers signed in the past two years, look at the names of the teenagers signed in the past two years,... or, if you want, just look at the current first team results and bitch and moan or do whatever it is you want to do.. ain't gonna change a thing, though, kid. Ole is here, with his long-term planning, for many more years to come...

Bet you wudda sacked Fergie in 1989 too, right?
I'm all for giving Ole a chance and to see how he does next season with 2 or 3 additions. But I think you're going over board with your praise here of Ole regarding what's happening in the academy. You should instead be crediting Marcel Bout who makes the final call on the signings made at academy/ youth level and he also organises the scouts on their assignments. Ed Woodward who is much maligned on here probably deserves even more credit if you compare to the state David Gill left the Academy in.

Robbie Boy

I'm all for giving Ole a chance and to see how he does next season with 2 or 3 additions. But I think you're going over board with your praise here of Ole regarding what's happening in the academy. You should instead be crediting Marcel Bout who makes the final call on the signings made at academy/ youth level and he also organises the scouts on their assignments. Ed Woodward who is much maligned on here probably deserves even more credit if you compare to the state David Gill left the Academy in.
Aye mate, I posted similar on the topic yesterday. It's like the 'out crowd' going to extremes to discredit him, the 'in crowd' are just as bad, they'll lavish praise on him for random things.

I'm pretty sure we totally restructured our whole approach to signing youth players when Marcel Bout took on the role as Head of Global Scouting around 2017. I remember we hired a crazy amount of scouts around that time.

Giving Ole credit for this is odd. However, I do think he has pushed for more youth signings and deserves credit for that. We have signed a-lot of exciting young players since the end of last season and our youth teams look in good shape.

Amir

McTominay, Fred, Shaw, Lindelöf, Martial (for a season), Pogba (in bursts) have all improved in the past 2 years. You can add Rashford as well, in my opinion, and I think Greenwood belongs on this list as well in his own way.
While your list isn't wrong, it would be fair to ask whether some of those players were bound to improve due to them being young or settling in England. Also, Pogba, Rashford and Martial were always capable of a lot. It's about getting them to do it consistantly that's been the problem, and still is.

Bruno has been great, but Cavani, Telles, AWB and Maguire has been either solid, very good, or useful acquisitions..
For the money spent on them - and fees do count, as we have to spend wisely - I'd say AWB and Maguire would probably need to be great and solve problems long term. They are not, and they are also creating problems. So that's definitely an issue.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Aye mate, I posted similar on the topic yesterday. It's like the 'out crowd' going to extremes to discredit him, the 'in crowd' are just as bad, they'll lavish praise on him for random things.
I agree mate.

We need some balance in here because you're absolutely right that some are going to extreme lengths to enforce their opinions. Me personally I've flip-flopped on the Ole-in or Ole out discussion but I'm currently fine with how he's doing and I'm expecting a more attacking minded approach next season with 2 or 3 additions.

But I'm not here to change anyone's mind either way because at this current juncture both sides of the argument have made some good points and I fully understand the positivity from some and doubts from others.

Matriac

Ah the whole 'they started it and provoked us but we're the better side' - sorry but you're miles off. Just accept both extreme camps are in the wrong and move on.
Way to project, you're one of the quickest to complain in here.

I never said anything about one side being better, I only said that yes I have seen some of pro Ole people becoming a bit more cranky in their posting over time, after first responding to the person saying they never saw anyone "Ole out" using bad language or fake fans callout to the "other side". Me also calling out ole inners was to address that not all of them are angels so that people wouldn't accuse me of defending just one side.

ex and

I suppose then that I’m an oleouter, which is a shame, because he’s a nice lad and will still be an icon as one our footballers.
In my way of thinking, which top 6 team in all the major leagues, who would appoint him as a manage, if he was available?

croadyman

Honestly, it would help Ole if he brought in some experienced assistants that can help with structure on the pitch.

Carrick, McKenna and Fletcher are frankly too inexperienced to be coaching at the top level without more experienced heads ahead of them.

Unfortunately, this will not happen.
Yeah very true and this is something that he should have done the minute he got the job permanently

Bobade

I don't see what we would miss if we replaced him with Michael Carrick to the end of the season. Not necessarily advocating that but there's no distinctive style of play that we'd risk losing, he isn't a particularly huge influence on the touch line, I'd doubt if him no longer being able to regularly make straight-swaps (all too often full-back for full-back) three quarters of the way into matches would be something particularly noteworthy.

I'm not advocating sacking him, necessarily. But given the total sum of his time at the club has led to the present scenario of plan A, B, C and D being 'Hope Fernandes turns up' I struggle to think what we'd lose without him being here.

What would change? What does he bring that we'd notice if he wasn't there. I really can't think of....anything.
There is a lot more to a managers job than gobbing off on the touchline. Shouting on the touchline looks good (or does it?) but most of it is just going to be ignored.

By your logic we could just replace Ole with literally any bloke off the street until the end of the season, which is not only inaccurate, it is also pretty ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.