Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I look at the bigger picture.

We will never reach the next level with Solskjaer.

Best squad since long time.....where is the improvement?????
6th, 3rd, 2nd - Not improvement no?

We will not win the League or CL with Solskjaer!!!!

Therefore we must get results in the other competitions.....this was possible.

And why have signed Ronaldo, Varane or Sancho.....for another run in the Europa League.

Any defeat is shit.....but looks like most fans are happy with 4-5 nice results over the season.
Let’s be honest here. If we won the LC, you wouldn’t give a single feck and still want him sacked because it’s not a big trophy. So cut the holier than thought bullshit, because it isn’t cutting it.

We lost & it seems you’re more affected by it than most. You should never hope the team loses, that’s not a man utd fan should behave.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I suppose you can put some of it down to rustiness for some of the squaddies. I think Martial and Telles stood out as being particularly bad. We did have a lot of shots tbf, but they weren't up to much, for the most part. I hate when we lose games, but I'm really not fussed about the LC.
Yeah, they were proper bad. Yeah, I would expect some better shots considering the amount we had. We've certainly had far worse performances from rotated squads, but the result isn't good enough as you've also said. I'm with you about the LC, feel like we're not good enough to compete on all 4 fronts, so might do us some good.

laughtersassassin

6th, 3rd, 2nd - Not improvement no?

Let’s be honest here. If we won the LC, you wouldn’t give a single feck and still want him sacked because it’s not a big trophy. So cut the holier than thought bullshit, because it isn’t cutting it.

We lost & it seems you’re more affected by it than most. You should never hope the team loses, that’s not a man utd fan should behave.
Better in the league and Worse in the cups.

That's pretty much the accurate assessment of his time here.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Not good enough Ole. Another game who creates more questions then answers.

A poor start who ended with a goal. When will we learn?

A couple of players who seems to don’t care. Slow tempo the first 60 min. Many unnecessary individual mistakes. A game plan that didn’t work. Apart from Greenwood none of the others impressed. Maybe I’m old school but I can’t stand a manager who’s smiling when we’re down one goal.

The word on the street was that our squad finally had enough quality to play with a our B string in the smaller cups. I‘m not so sure. Well Ole. Another loss in your cabinet.

Revan

Assumptionman
Look the carabao is the lowest tournament to win being honest I dont really care about it, but once again today's performance highlights the problems we have seen. Eventually the results will catch up to us, and if we keep performing like this we'll be out of the title race and the UCL soon before later.
It is the lowest in priority, but hardly beneath us, especially considering that we won't go close to winning the league and UCL. If it is a trophy for which Pep Guardiola gives it all and wins it most of the time, hardly beneath Ole who has won feck all since 2013.

Asger

Don’t understand this line of thinking . There were 70k people in the stadium who paid to watch that game so not sure about the who cares part . I really don’t think laughing at that point is a good look for the Manchester United manager
I'm sure most of those 70K would pay even though the u17 would have played today.... Life is to short to be angry and negative all the time like so many United fans are. I hope heaven will be better than this shit we call earth.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
And you replied in a better way than that? As if it isn't bad enough that so much nonsense is spouted in moments like that, people who should know better also fuel the shit by answering fire with fire.

And in two days time, some of you will ask each other how bad results result in 1000 posts but bad results only in 100.
So in your mind me calling someone sad for coming into a thread and trolling/celebrating a united defeat is the same thing? Peculiar.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not today. I think he made a decent decision in getting the team out. This Cup is not that important at this stage. It is not the FA Cup even. If he gets challenging by the end of the season and get a very good run in the CL and win the FA Cup or even a 2nd place in the PL and win the Europa he has done enough this season for me.
We need to be eliminated in group stage, in order to be in run for winning Europa. In a group with Villareal, Atalanta and Young Boys. That would be by itself a big failure, especially considering that he managed the same last year.

The last time we got eliminated twice in the group stage of UCL is never.

crossy1686

career ending
Overreaction in here again today. Solskajer's to blame for the selection and continuing with Martial past the first half when he wasn't up to it. We play Greenwood from the start and we win that game. I hope this marks the end of Martial's United career and Solskajer stops forcing the issue with certain players who have proven time and time again to be let downs, if he doesn't it will cost him his job.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Better in the league and Worse in the cups.

That's pretty much the accurate assessment of his time here.
The Prem is the one that everyone wants the most, seemingly, then followed by the UCL

To be fair to Ole/United they’ve been to numerous Semi Finals and 1 final. Hardly a poor run.

If I remember correctly it was 4 (or 5?) Semi finals and 1 Final.Since he took over. Hardly a poor stat.

SAFMUTD

It is the lowest in priority, but hardly beneath us, especially considering that we won't go close to winning the league and UCL. If it is a trophy for which Pep Guardiola gives it all and wins it most of the time, hardly beneath Ole who has won feck all since 2013.
That's a whole other issue, the fact that you don't think we can win a major tournament.

I think we could, (with another manager) and honestly the carabao means feck, even the FA cup is a small trophy for me. The only ones that truly matter to me is the EPL and UCL.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Overreaction in here again today. Solskajer's to blame for the selection and continuing with Martial past the first half when he wasn't up to it. We play Greenwood from the start and we win that game. I hope this marks the end of Martial's United career and Solskajer stops forcing the issue with certain players who have proven time and time again to be let downs, if he doesn't it will cost him his job.
In my opinion it seems as though Ole is giving Martial chances to prove himself (hence why he stayed on) and he simply is not taking them, I expect him to he sold in Jan/Summer.

laughtersassassin

The Prem is the one that everyone wants the most, seemingly, then followed by the UCL

To be fair to Ole/United they’ve been to numerous Semi Finals and 1 final. Hardly a poor run.

If I remember correctly it was 4 (or 5?) Semi finals and 1 Final.Since he took over. Hardly a poor stat.
At the end of the day history remembers trophies not 2nd or 3rd.

A rightful expectation is for him to win a trophy this season. He should have done that by now and has been cut more slack in that front than other managers may have got.

A lot of teams wouldn't have given him as much time as this.

Hopefully he does it but if not we have to call a spade a spade.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm still not entirely convinced we're that good at creating chances, half-chances sure, but good solid chances on the same level that Liverpool, City and Chelsea do? I'm not convinced. I can't even remember the last time we consistently cut it back to someone on the penalty spot for a tap in.

criticalanalysis

I only watched the game from 50 mins onwards but it was pretty bad.

3-5 players camped in the box or on the edge, with no width. Sancho et al constantly going central for the ball and leaving all the play making for our central midfielders and full backs.

Surely Ole has to call this out and ask for some discipline...or coach some patterns of play?

Revan

Assumptionman
That's a whole other issue, the fact that you don't think we can win a major tournament.

I think we could, (with another manager) and honestly the carabao means feck, even the FA cup is a small trophy for me. The only ones that truly matter to me is the EPL and UCL.
Oh absolutely. I think we have a squad as strong as any. I just don't think that we will go within 10 points of the champions, and won't be surprised if we cannot pass the groups in UCL.

I do not care for League Cup and FA Cup near as much as for UCL or the league, but a trophy is still a trophy. Sir Alex won this, Mourinho won this, Guardiola won this, but for Ole apparently trophies are not important.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Not really bothered about the loss. It would have held more weight if we were in the semis or finals. Ole is still on track to meet my expectations for this season despite the loss

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I'm still not entirely convinced we're that good at creating chances, half-chances sure, but good solid chances on the same level that Liverpool, City and Chelsea do? I'm not convinced. I can't even remember the last time we consistently cut it back to someone on the penalty spot for a tap in.
This is absolutely 100% true. We huff & puff a lot but barely create any great chances even after sustained pressure. This is where coaching comes in though,you just have to notice the number of times our players are in each other’s way or just standing around doing nothing

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Interesting scenario but if we could have won one & last one of the two games . What would people have picked . I would have picked the win today though I am sure most people would say they would have preferred a league win

crossy1686

career ending
In my opinion it seems as though Ole is giving Martial chances to prove himself (hence why he stayed on) and he simply is not taking them, I expect him to he sold in Jan/Summer.
I agree but it reminds me of Mancini giving Balotelli chances to prove himself at City, and we all know what happened there. He eventually got him the sack. If he can't be trusted he shouldn't play again, that goes for Donny, Dalot, Telles etc. Never mind making sure everyone get's minutes, his job is to win games not pander to players who don't win or do enough when selected.

We would have won tonight if Bruno and Greenwood start. Take Bruno off at half time after we've got a goal. It's simple stuff but it has to happen if he wants to keep his job.

SAFMUTD

Oh absolutely. I think we have a squad as strong as any. I just don't think that we will go within 10 points of the champions, and won't be surprised if we cannot pass the groups in UCL.

I do not care for League Cup and FA Cup near as much as for UCL or the league, but a trophy is still a trophy. Sir Alex won this, Mourinho won this, Guardiola won this, but for Ole apparently trophies are not important.
Of course they are, it's just the Ole ins narrative set in this forum to evade the fact that Ole is failing.

Imagine if we had won the Europa League? What do you think they would have said?

giggs-beckham

Clueless
You must have missed the ole outers then.
They and I only want to see united win simple as that, the same as any united fan.
I don't belive in him but I always want us to win. And I'd rather it be with him than another manager but united come first.

SAFMUTD

Interesting scenario but if we could have won one & last one of the two games . What would people have picked . I would have picked the win today though I am sure most people would say they would have preferred a league win
League win without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.