g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Forget about what people say. Don't you think this defeat is poor? What has he done trophy wise to warrant such leeway where being knocked out from a cup competition is acceptable.
Do I think the defeat is poor? Yes, I think the squad that went out there today should have at least got a draw but then again I don't think they were fit enough to get a result. This second string is so far off the first string it's hard for them to get minutes in a competitive match, so when they do they look leggy as hell. There are players like Bailly, Martial, Lingard, Sancho, VDB etc who should be able to ensure we get a result, but they fell short yet again.

However, you have to point the finger at Ole also for fielding them all at the same time, knowing they weren't match fit.

In summary, should they have won, yes they should have, they're good players but both them and the manager have to share the blame for not getting a result. None of those players that played today can be unhappy if they don't play again until January.

The cup itself however doesn't matter but we probably should have treated it with more respect than we did. I honestly wouldn't care if we won it, it feels like a charity shield win.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It depends on the outcome of the season.

Like if we go 2nd and trophyless again I don't think we should keep him as he will have failed an unbelievable amount.

2nd and any cup with show further progression.

Look at Pep and Jose. They loved going for the Carling Cup. Gets you off to a winning start by February. We haven't won a trophy for over 4 years and pretend that it doesn't matter.

It's kind of sad really.
Can’t keep moving the goal posts to suit your agenda, doesn’t work like that, the Carabao Cup is or isn’t good enough for Ole to keep his job, you can’t say that if he doesn’t get the other stuff that it is good enough, it either is or it isn’t.

Why does Ole have such a rough time when it comes to supporters on here? He has to jump through, x,y,z hoops to get the “support” but to jump through said hoops he has to do a,b,c hoops to get there and that’s in a perfect scenario of d,e,f happening, but if F doesn’t happen then A,b,x is good enough. See how ridiculous that sounds? That’s how Ole Outers sound week in week out. It’s a joke, an absolute joke.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Do I think the defeat is poor? Yes, I think the squad that went out there today should have at least got a draw but then again I don't think they were fit enough to get a result. This second string is so far off the first string it's hard for them to get minutes in a competitive match, so when they do they look leggy as hell. There are players like Bailly, Martial, Lingard, Sancho, VDB etc who should be able to ensure we get a result, but they fell short yet again.

However, you have to point the finger at Ole also for fielding them all at the same time, knowing they weren't match fit.

In summary, should they have won, yes they should have, they're good players but both them and the manager have to share the blame for not getting a result. None of those players that played today can be unhappy if they don't play again until January.

The cup itself however doesn't matter but we probably should have treated it with more respect than we did. I honestly wouldn't care if we won it, it feels like a charity shield win.
West Ham played their B-team too.....just another excuse.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Very poor performance and shit result. Only the LC though.
I don't think it was very poor, but he's once again been let down by being loyal to someone who doesn't really deserve it. The lack of ruthlessness will get him sacked IMO.

Amarsdd

People here acting as if they would have given even an iota of credit to Ole for winning a feckin Carabao cup this season :lol:

Robbie Boy

I don't think it was very poor, but he's once again been let down by being loyal to someone who doesn't really deserve it. The lack of ruthlessness will get him sacked IMO.
I thought it was fairly disjointed tbh. Was a great end to the game as it was all fairly frantic. Not overly fussed tbh. Would have liked to progress to see some youngsters and squaddies get game time, but in the grand scheme of things, the LC means feck all.

The result won't help Ole as it gives his detractors more ammo.

Real Name

If we had won this one Sean and his pals would say it was thanks to individual brilliance again and we still wont win anyhing.

Terminator

Couldn't get out of LC first round. 4 years without a trophy. :lol:

FA cup is the only realistic trophy remaining, hope we at least take it deep.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Never seen anyone so gutted we lost in the League Cup, @Sean_RedDevil u ok m8??
We will not win the League or CL with Solskjaer!!!!

Therefore we must get results in the other competitions.....this was possible.

And why have signed Ronaldo, Varane or Sancho.....for another run in the Europa League.

Any defeat is shit.....but looks like most fans are happy with 4-5 nice results over the season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I know it was an expensive starting 11 but, regardless, taking into account that the team was basically our 2nd team I thought we did alright. Until Bruno came on and did his best Stevie "Hollywood" G impression, that is. I can't blame Ole for that, though, as it was the sensible option to bring him on.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought it was fairly disjointed tbh. Was a great end to the game as it was all fairly frantic. Not overly fussed tbh. Would have liked to progress to see some youngsters and squaddies get game time, but in the grand scheme of things, the LC means feck all.

The result won't help Ole as it gives his detractors more ammo.
I think it broke down up top specifically, rather than all over the pitch. I only really thought Telles was objectively bad, but I do see how it looked disjointed going back over it in my mind. I'm not greatly fussed either, just a shame as less games for a pretty big squad.

DeGea

We will not win the league or FA Cup or CL with Ole. Nice guy, legend, but he is just not good enough coaching wise. Great man management though but sadly in the modern game this alone is not enough. This is the cold, hard, truth. Would love to be proven wrong. Tuchel or Pep would wipe the floor with the squad that we have. I am so disappointed. Desperately want Ole to do well (for sentimental reasons) but sadly I don’t think this is likely.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Look the carabao is the lowest tournament to win being honest I dont really care about it, but once again today's performance highlights the problems we have seen. Eventually the results will catch up to us, and if we keep performing like this we'll be out of the title race and the UCL soon before later.
But we can rest players then. You should know that resting players is more important than winning trophies.

Robbie Boy

I think it broke down up top specifically, rather than all over the pitch. I only really thought Telles was objectively bad, but I do see how it looked disjointed going back over it in my mind. I'm not greatly fussed either, just a shame as less games for a pretty big squad.
I suppose you can put some of it down to rustiness for some of the squaddies. I think Martial and Telles stood out as being particularly bad. We did have a lot of shots tbf, but they weren't up to much, for the most part. I hate when we lose games, but I'm really not fussed about the LC.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The Solskjaer fans will support him regardless of the result :lol:
What really pisses me of is Ole laughing and smiling while coming out of the tunnel at half time when were behind and then smiling again after the final whistle when we lost. I mean wtf!!

big rons sovereign

We will not win the League or CL with Solskjaer!!!!

Therefore we must get results in the other competitions.....this was possible.

And why have signed Ronaldo, Varane or Sancho.....for another run in the Europa League.

Any defeat is shit.....but looks like most fans are happy with 4-5 nice results over the season.
Signed just for you to have something to cry about.
What an honour!

Asger

What really pisses me of is Ole laughing and smiling while coming out of the tunnel at half time and then smiling again after the final whistle. I mean wtf!!
Youth/reverse cup. Who cares... This cup should be only used for u23 players and backup keepers. Just stupid to have two cups in the same country. Only French I can remember that had League Cup as well.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Let’s be honest here and try to put this into an overall context rather than just saying it’s just the league cup. It’s not just the league cup for a club without a trophy in 4 years and a manager who has won nothing with this team in 3 years. We lost at home and granted we played some fringe players but every single player who started (apart from academy ones) cost us more than 10 million so it was hardly a poor team .
You also have to look at the game itself where West Ham got ab early goal and sat back after that letting us have all the ball . We spent the game huffing & puffing but not really doing anything much . We trailed for 85 minutes and created one genuinely good chance. We won’t win the cl or Pl this season and so it’s annoying to throw away a chance at one of the two trophies we could win (That’s just me hoping against hope that we won’t be getting a chance to win the EL)

laughtersassassin

Can’t keep moving the goal posts to suit your agenda, doesn’t work like that, the Carabao Cup is or isn’t good enough for Ole to keep his job, you can’t say that if he doesn’t get the other stuff that it is good enough, it either is or it isn’t.

Why does Ole have such a rough time when it comes to supporters on here? He has to jump through, x,y,z hoops to get the “support” but to jump through said hoops he has to do a,b,c hoops to get there and that’s in a perfect scenario of d,e,f happening, but if F doesn’t happen then A,b,x is good enough. See how ridiculous that sounds? That’s how Ole Outers sound week in week out. It’s a joke, an absolute joke.
I'm not Ole Out.

I'm Ole maybe. I haven't moved my personal goalposts. For me I Support him but maintain he needs to win.

Having two goes at the Europa League and not winning was poor in my book.

At the end of th day any trophy is better than none.

If nothing else the Carabao Cup would be good to win just to get the monkey off our back and give us confidence.

Hardly a ridiculous thought?

Who knows we could win the CL this season and then this is all moot. Or we could win nothing and it's very relevant.

Let's see what happens. Personally I find it hard to see us winning trophies under Ole. I really want to be wrong but that's how I see it based on his time here so far.

My current assesment of him in a simplistic way is that he has done quite well in the league's but failed in the cups. Essentially the opposite of Jose and Van Gaal

Both options of course have major flaws and can be argued to be not good enough.

Revan

Assumptionman
I missed the game.

Were there any significant patterns of play to speak of or positives of any kind?
We kept the ball very well but were threatening as much as a little puppy. We rely too much on individual brilliance, and with Ronaldo, Rashford, Pogba, Bruno and Greenwood out (although the last two played in the last 20-30 mins), we couldn't do much harm to them.

We are quite a bit clueless going forward, in general.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Youth/reverse cup. Who cares... This cup should be only used for u23 players and backup keepers. Just stupid to have two cups in the same country. Only French I can remember that had League Cup as well.
Don’t understand this line of thinking . There were 70k people in the stadium who paid to watch that game so not sure about the who cares part . I really don’t think laughing at that point is a good look for the Manchester United manager

Status
Not open for further replies.