g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

Because he knows what a player that's good enough to play for United looks like. The other managers we've had wanted to sign big names or players that fit their style of play. The players we currently have just aren't good enough, it's that simple.
Bollocks.

Skills

Snitch
I don't mind people wanting him replaced. Seth the same time he's taken on the job amidst a Mourinho clusterfeck and that has to be acknowledged. The run is miserable but it was proceeded by a phenomenal one. Personally, I'm not convinced he's the right man but I don't have a prolvem with giving him at least one window.
Then that's 200m and another season down the drain? What if his transfer activity (like at Cardiff) end up making us even worse?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I don't mind people wanting him replaced. Seth the same time he's taken on the job amidst a Mourinho clusterfeck and that has to be acknowledged. The run is miserable but it was proceeded by a phenomenal one. Personally, I'm not convinced he's the right man but I don't have a prolvem with giving him at least one window.
It’s obvious he is not the man and he has no credentials to back it up. Besides a decent run down to a rebound effect. Giving him one more window puts you even further behind most likely.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Genuinely wondering if he’ll walk after the Cardiff game. He must feel so out of his depth.

Unlike someone like Jose who would never forfeit a payout, I wonder if he thinks the club would be better off under someone else.
Forget it. This is his dream job and he said that he knows what he must do for next season. He believes in himself( as any other person would). feck, even Moyes is claiming that he needed more time in United.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think we agree for the most part. You see, I dont think our problem is with the manager. I think the problem, sadly, run a lot deeper. If Ole and the club cant turn things around, then fine, he need to go. But we cant know before he has a full preseason under his belt.

That said, our club and board need to stand by Ole. They need to change the setup. If not, we might struggle for years with new managers coming and going.
I realise I'm harsh on Ole, but I do want him to get the summer window now that we're here. Ideally we would have waited and brought someone else in, but if you give him a contract then you have to back him and the board need to do that this summer.

My frustration lies with Ole and the some of the players that he seems to relay on. I would have a lot more faith in him if there were signs of the football he wants to play, the style of the players he wants but here we are, we have no clue. I hope he's ruthless as he says he is, but again he hasn't shown that side of his management. Also worries how much he relies on Mike Phelan. I hope Ole can get it right else it sets us back a few seasons more, but I have lost all faith in the club overall.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Then that's 200m and another season down the drain? What if his transfer activity (like at Cardiff) end up making us even worse?
What if he signs Sancho and three other players who improve us?

Fluctuation0161

Players aren't good enough.
Woodward not good enough.
Owners aren't good enough.
And it's now looking apparent that Ole isn't good enough either.

Concerning.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Recall a thread on how we outperformed xG quite significantly. While our results were excellent, the performances did tail off a bit in the run.
In the end though, football is all about the results. xG is sort of a meningless stat without context, and while we had some lucky wins in our good run and some unlucky results now such a dramatic turn in form cant just be a fluke.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don't know if you're being serious or not but please don't.
I personally find our current form is funny actually. It can't be much worse from here, not even Moyes could top this.
Please don't worry my friend. I am not serious.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s obvious he is not the man and he has no credentials to back it up. Besides a decent run down to a rebound effect. Giving him one more window puts you even further behind most likely.
Possibly. But the board have picked him and he'll be given one season at least. All we can do is hope he makes the right calls.

We could be huge trouble if he fails. It could take us a good 6 year so recover from so much managerial failure.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This is the only thing that makes me think he won’t. He’ll probably back himself to sort it out, but as someone who loves the club it must be hard to watch. I do wonder if even he feels overwhelmed by the task at hand though.
I don't even know where he should start. The club is a mess from top to bottom. We will sink to mid table mediocrity next season.

JohnnyKills

He is done here. Only a matter of time until the sacking next season.

Only a top transfer window and a miracle behind the scenes can save him. Neither will happen
To be honest it feels like he's still a caretaker. As soon as results slump next season, you can see Woodward getting rid.

To be honest though, the only thing in his favor is the lack of alternatives. There arent many strong candidates out there and he's not done badly enough in the last couple of months to warrant getting sacked.

We should already be looking at the market, though. Analysing up and coming managers and thinking about who we want long-term. That's what Real, Barca or any other top club would be doing (if they hadn't sacked Solskjaer already).

He had a great start but he was appointed based on a small number of games and we've now been rubbish for just as many. We hired him based on his ability to motivate the current squad, and they've already dumped him. It looks like he's ready to clean out the crap, which is a good sign, but there's no evidence to suggest he'll fare any better with any other set of players.

Dobba

Whilst he’s not signed anyone, he should still be able to motivate the squad he manages. Just sat there looking hopeless when you’re drawing 1-1 against Huddersfield ain’t good enough.
Why? They players are fecking cnuts. Even of the ones who've come in post-Fergie, the blokes who brought them to the club couldn't motivate them. They don't give a shit and they're not going to give a shit, because they play for a club who - when the first breath of bad form comes in - immediately turns on the manager long before the players have to bother themselves with the idea of taking responsibility.

Seriously, what motivation have they got? They've just put in an absolutely unforgivable turd of a performance, for a collective wage of millions and who is and will be the target of the anger? The manager who signed none of them and only got the job in the first place because they'd given up after seeing all the blame being piled on the last one. Plus, bar the ones coming to an end of their contract, they know they're going nowhere. United won't rip up their contracts and nobody is going to be daft enough to offer both the transfer fee and the extortionate wage they're on here. Rinse and repeat.

Paul_Scholes18

I do fear that a bit yes. I do think we will struggle to attack the top quality players we need and that we might buy Schneiderlein/Darmian type signings if you get my point.

-Supreme-

Their should, one of them doesn't trust youth (Jose) not sure what Oles excuse is to be honest...
I just think the issues we're seeing isn't as straight forward as we see in games, perhaps the attitude problems is much wider than we think and the players just aren't putting in the effort even in training to be considered for selection, and they weren't great either when called up

We all know Young isn't good enough, and everyone is fully aware of his ability. But it's those that we expect much more and aren't performing is the bigger issue

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Shouldn't there be questions raised why we have had 2 managers insists on playing Young?
Young, Young, Young. I wish everyone would shut up about Young. Do people think we'd be better with Dalot? I've no wish to throw the young lad under the bus but he's looked all over the shop defensively every time he's been in there. We all agree that we need a right back and that Ole is struggling. Him playing Ashley is not what gives me cause for concern .

Saffron

This task is too big for him. Woodward needs to sack him and see if we can get Erik Ten Hag If Pochettino is not available. I have made my assessment, of Ole and if he stays and proves me wrong, I will love it. However, I can’t see it. He has no footballing philosophy or gameplan. I fear he might even be worse than Moyes.
Moyes had some serious pedigree compared to Ole. He took Everton from being relegation material to finishing top 4 and turning it into a stable club. And we used to laugh at that, saying it’s nothing compared to actually accomplished managers.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
God forbid a man tries to prove himself at the club he loves.
This makes no sense.

What played the larger part in his motivations? The club or himself?

Even if we're being kind and say that it was simple sentimentality which clouded his judgement rather just his ego it hardly demonstrates love for the club.

:lol: Maybe he believes in himself?
He ought to be better at self-assessing the limits of his abilities.

Pace Abuser

Yeh, give the helm of rebuilding to a clueless version of Moyes. This club is banter.

haram

A team and a task of this magnitude ? I have no doubt he doesn't. This is real life football manager we're witnessing.
He has managed Cardiff and Molde and we are relying on him to rebuild Man United because he used to play for us :lol:. It’s horrific.

Paul_Scholes18

To be honest it feels like he's still a caretaker. As soon as results slump next season, you can see Woodward getting rid.

To be honest though, the only thing in his favor is the lack of alternatives. There arent many strong candidates out there and he's not done badly enough in the last couple of months to warrant getting sacked.

We should already be looking at the market, though. Analysing up and coming managers and thinking about who we want long-term. That's what Real, Barca or any other top club would be doing (if they hadn't sacked Solskjaer already).

He had a great start but he was appointed based on a small number of games and we've now been rubbish for just as many. We hired him based on his ability to motivate the current squad, and they've already dumped him. It looks like he's ready to clean out the crap, which is a good sign, but there's no evidence to suggest he'll fare any better with any other set of players.
I think Conte could do well. He won the title after Mourinho fecked things up the year before.

He lost it in his second year, but still won an Fa cup. He is quite good at motivating his players.

Jonno

Why? They players are fecking cnuts. Even of the ones who've come in post-Fergie, the blokes who brought them to the club couldn't motivate them. They don't give a shit and they're not going to give a shit, because they play for a club who - when the first breath of bad form comes in - immediately turns on the manager long before the players have to bother themselves with the idea of taking responsibility. Seriously, what motivation have they got? They've just put in an absolutely unforgivable turd of a performance, for a collective wage of millions and who is and will be the target of the anger? The manager who signed none of them and only got the job in the first place because they'd given up after seeing all the blame being piled on the last one. Rinse and repeat.
Right ok, so your opinion is for Ole to not bother trying to do the fundamental basics of his job as manager.

Cnuts or not, he should do a much better job at motivating his players.

Greck

Would love that because it's incredibly hard to sign multiple players and have them all pan out. He's going to need an eye for quality because the names currently being quoted are all high profile and going to total the 300m range.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he manage to win the Europa League then he'll be here the season next.

Member 113277

OGS - taking into account only the games he has been in charge for, we would be 3rd in the EPL.

Great performance with this bunch of players, not time to wield the scythe.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
4 players won't sort the issue. We need a major rebuilt to what SAF did when he first came at United when he added 11 players in 2 years at a time when squads were made up of 16 players. The team is too shit and complacent at this point.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Pre-season will sort this yeah? :rolleyes:

The state of these records which are being broken, Moyes esque.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I feel bad for him, this set of players is hopeless. We need at least 10 players out, we need a serious reboot
I don't believe that at all.

You just need signings in the right places to make this team more than the sum of its parts. That's what good managers do.

Remember that Van Gaal completely cleared out our squad and yet we continued to struggle. Buying new players will not be the cure to our problems. Not if that's our only solution.

Adamsk7

You can’t motivate anyone who doesn’t give a shit or doesn’t want to be working there. He could be bloody Captain America and his call to arms would still fall on deaf ears.

goin4glory

It's the players responsibility to be as fit as the coaching team wants them to be. For whatever reason, requirements were lower under Mourinho. They are not a bunch of unfit fat guys.
You think the coaches wanted them to be miles behind Liverpool and City? No coach can force a player to train with 100% intensity. Shaw is noticeably overweight and has been for years, Lukaku looks like a bodybuilder and is blowing out of his arse after 30mins. A coach can't watch a player 24/7 so when Luke Shaw goes to burger king or Lukaku spends all summer doing bench press then it's on them.

Dobba

Right ok, so your opinion is for Ole to not bother trying to do the fundamental basics of his job as manager.

Cnuts or not, he should do a much better job at motivating his players.
Again, who are those?

How many managers (and hundreds of thousand pounds a week) do these pampered cnuts need before they're motivated enough to play against one of the shittest teams this league has ever hosted? Some are currently on their fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.