g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary bot
I just dont see a plan other than signing better players and hope they play well together. Its worrying.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I see people love blaming the manager but clearly it's down to the players.

The players can't even be bothered doing the basis right by putting in the effort and not making silly mistakes, let alone scoring goals when presented with clear cut chances
In reality they are all culpable. Manager keeps playing Young at RB, if Young keeps putting in shite performances then they are both at fault.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I feel us bottling top 4 is going to cost us mentally. Confidence and morality has been low and Ole has not been able to turn it around. Maybe a summer can do wonders, but things could just keep being the same.
On the other hand, us bottling top four might mean Solskjaer goes into the summer with eyes wide open, as opposed to previous managers who had already made a raft of signings before they really knew the squad's issues.

Acquire Me

Except people here don't need to provide a viable solution. Ole is just not it.
You are watching this pathetic excuse of a match and still talking about LVG, Mourinho and Lukaku.
How do you know Ole is not? Its a genuine question by the way.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Genuinely wondering if he’ll walk after the Cardiff game. He must feel so out of his depth.

Unlike someone like Jose who would never forfeit a payout, I wonder if he thinks the club would be better off under someone else.

Un4givableB

Yeah.

If Ole really does prove himself to be a cock up of epic proportions, this time the blame lies with the fanbase as much as it does with the board.
Nothing to do the fanbase, it's all on the board, we pay to support, they get paid to make rational decisions.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He should be ashamed of himself excepting such great responsibility while knowing full well he doesn't possess anything like the qualities required to take them on.
:lol: Maybe he believes in himself?

dove

You still haven't provided a viable solution. Who should we hire, what's their approach, which players should they keep, sell, or buy?
We have a board for that, they should provide viable solutions, not us. I just don't understand people saying like "Ole will make it right" or "There is no one better" blatantly ignoring how shit we have been these past couple of months. Our current form is a sackable offence alone. No big club (some of our fans even dare to call us biggest club in the world) would tolerate that. However our board and at least half of the fans are completely fine by that.

We just got embarrassed by Huddersfield today, one of the worst teams to ever play in the PL and I don't think anyone would be surprised if we failed to win against Cardiff, another relegated team. Some people still look for excuses like players lack fitness etc etc. Complete nonsense. Players lack coaching. We went from Moyes (out of his depth) to LVG (dinosaur) to Jose (dinosaur) to Ole (Moyes). There are like literally 100 better managers than Ole, why some people are so defensive when someone is criticising Ole for failing to do his job? He is not the man to take us forward, deep down we all know it. Some of us say it out loud, some of us don't. That's the only difference.

flappyjay

The big question is: Why are we suddenly so shite now when we were great from December-March. The only probable answer seems that the players have downed tools

The next question is then: Should we sack yet another manager? Well what then? We hire a new manager, maybe Poch, he takes over the same team. Maybe he goes on a 10 game winning streak as well and then it all turns to shit and we repeat this miserable dance of sacking managers every 6 months in hope that they will somehow turn this bunch into world beaters.

Honestly, i am much less confident in Ole now then i have been, but i still think this is mostly on the players. I fear that if we sack Ole now we will turn into Chelsea where player power is rampant
Honeymoon period is over and it was time for Ole to show his skills and he has been found wanting. Our players are rubbish but not so rubbish that they have been showing relegation form over the past few weeks

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ole came in with us 11 points off the top 4 and he's somehow bottled it. :lol:
This place is genuinely amazing.
It truly is.

We didn't win, so every single thread is trying to find some blame, Glazers, Woodward, OGS, every individual player, incredible.

Relax it's all over and see what happens in the summer.

It's actually arguably better for us to miss top 4 so crapply, rather than sneak in, as this way it shakes the board up.
If we'd made top 4 by the skin of our teeth, you could see us skimping on transfers.

fallengt

You have just cheered me up. Thank you as I was about to slit my wrists after watching that utter crap.
I don't know if you're being serious or not but please don't.
I personally find our current form is funny actually. It can't be much worse from here, not even Moyes could top this.

JohnnyKills

Because he knows what a player that's good enough to play for United looks like. The other managers we've had wanted to sign big names or players that fit their style of play. The players we currently have just aren't good enough, it's that simple.
Sorry pal, not having a go at you personally but this just sounds like another of the 'United way' clichés.

If we want someone who played for United and knows the standards, why don't we appoint Keane or Bruce? They've got a better managerial record than Solskjaer.

We're in a mess and we'll only get of it with modern, progressive thinking, not wallowing in our history.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Genuinely wondering if he’ll walk after the Cardiff game. He must feel so out of his depth.

Unlike someone like Jose who would never forfeit a payout, I wonder if he thinks the club would be better off under someone else.
He's won the lottery landing this job. No chance he walks. Next season is already down the pan.

Skills

Snitch
Nothing to do the fanbase, it's all on the board, we pay to support, they get paid to make rational decisions.
The fanbase can't completely absolve itself from any responsibility. Ultimately they are the paying customers and the board gets influenced by popular opinion.

-Supreme-

In reality they are all culpable. Manager keeps playing Young at RB, if Young keeps putting in shite performances then they are both at fault.
Shouldn't there be questions raised why we have had 2 managers insists on playing Young?

Cassidy

Because he knows what a player that's good enough to play for United looks like. The other managers we've had wanted to sign big names or players that fit their style of play. The players we currently have just aren't good enough, it's that simple.
Guess that why Sanchez and Young started today despite being utter shite everytime they play under Ole

Cassidy

Shouldn't there be questions raised why we have had 2 managers insists on playing Young?
There should, one of them doesn't trust youth (Jose) not sure what Oles excuse is to be honest...

Last edited:

2 man midfield

He's won the lottery landing this job. No chance he walks. Next season is already down the pan.
This is the only thing that makes me think he won’t. He’ll probably back himself to sort it out, but as someone who loves the club it must be hard to watch. I do wonder if even he feels overwhelmed by the task at hand though.

Lexxxzi

Some of the people here... man

Yes, I am norwegian, yes I am both a Molde fan and OGS. Personally, I don't think Solskjaer has what it takes to rebuild the club. With that said, realistically speaking, the problems right now lies not on the manager... the players are disasters... I can't figure if it's the wrong mix of players, the attitudes or whatever. What I do know, is that most of these Utd players have proven themselves incapable of playing the Solskjaer style at this level.

I am afraid though that too many of these players are "bipolar" in the sense that they care only about feelings in the moment. No professionalism, just honeymoon BS.

Classical Mechanic

Just don't see it happening.

The curious thing to me is, who are these players 'that don't want to play for United'? He's pretty much played everyone in the squad since he made those comments.

liamp

What monsters.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't get it. If players are our problem and not manager, why we sacked Mourinho then? He is top manager. Because he is not nice person?
If we are ready now to buy 5 new players and sell/sack 7 or 8, i would rather that we gave that budget and freedom to Jose.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The only reason fans want him to stay is because he is a United legend. Feck that he is a below average coach those are the facts and fans are blinded by “love” the fans make it easy for the board to feck up sometimes.
I don't mind people wanting him replaced. Seth the same time he's taken on the job amidst a Mourinho clusterfeck and that has to be acknowledged. The run is miserable but it was proceeded by a phenomenal one. Personally, I'm not convinced he's the right man but I don't have a prolvem with giving him at least one window.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
If I hear he needs pre-season one more fecking time, I swear I'm going to lose it.

Having better fitness would allow us to press more but it would change feckall in attack, there are no patterns to our play. It still looks like 11 strangers playing together for first time, more stamina won't change that. You need an identity which you want the team to employ, and for that you need to coach them. In 6 months I have seen nothing which tells me we're trying something new.

Also, you don't need a pre-season to beat Huddersfield. They got 4 points out of possible 69 in last 23 matches ffs!

Smores

I don't know if you're being serious or not but please don't.
I personally find our current form is funny actually. It can't be much worse from here, not even Moyes could top this.
Exactly we're putting our trust in someone who has managed form way worse than Moyes. Incredible

LJJT

Getting awfully bad feelings about all this now and I feel sorry for him in a way I feel he’s maybe out of his depth a bit. What’s going on with Mike Phelan he looks like he’s lost interest? Got to back ole regardless now hopefully he signs the right players

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I apologize that i was knee jerk.

If you look at Klopp at liverpool, i think they finished sixth or seventh in his first season. Look where they are now. But klopp had won stuff with dortmund and gotten them to a CL final.

Do we trust ole to do the same? That is the question.

When he was only interim boss, the players were good enough. Now since he was hired full time, the players need to be replaced. It is the exact same thing Moyes, Van Gaal and mourinho said. I just hope we do not repeat the whole Van Gaal and Mourinho process, where we have a clear out and then sign new players and then they fail and we hire a new manager that does the same things.

The thing is as well, there is not a sea of top managers out there to hire. Hypothetically if we fired ole, who then could we hire with an attacking philosophy? Ten Hag maybe but he probably go to some other club.

I think we should stick by Ole, but having said that i am not confident he can bring is back to where we belong.

2 man midfield

I don't get it. If players are our problem and not manager, why we sacked Mourinho then? He is top manager. Because he is not nice person?
If we are ready now to buy 5 new players and sell/sack 7 or 8, i would rather that we gave that budget and freedom to Jose.
I agree, but it was clear he couldn’t continue. We’d probably have been in the bottom half by now.

AJ10

Honeymoon period is over and it was time for Ole to show his skills and he has been found wanting. Our players are rubbish but not so rubbish that they have been showing relegation form over the past few weeks
So they're good enough to beat the likes of Barca (2)/City/Arsenal away/Wolves away (2)?

Judas

Open to offers
No thanks. I see what you’re saying, but his attitude stunk his entire time here, and the football was miserable. I’m still very glad he’s gone.

MAME DIOUF 32

There is clearly no plan to fill the job above him so it's all on Ole. Appalling mismanagement by the club. For me it's all about getting the right DoF in and getting his view on whether he can work with Ole. I don't want to give up on him yet if we can avoid it. The squad is horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.