Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is exactly what I said yesterday. Just had an awful feeling that the club are going to allow him to continue even after that.
They won't have thought of a replacement that is why. They will let him destroy what is the shreds of our season before he gets the sack. In the meantime continue to want fans to attend games, while bombarding them with tweets for the megastore.

DomesticTadpole

We've come full circle. The toxicity that already is here will be mounting in the coming 1-2 weeks. A new coach (interim I hope) will come and "steady the ship". The new coach in the summer will talk about a mini "rebuild" and off we go again.

When I was saying in the summer that he's done just an OK job and nothing more, people here were telling me that I should go and support PSG, City or Pool. Where the feck are all those top reds now? Back in their holes I guess.

Seriously I can't wait for this serial loser to leave the club. Many people here will claim he was the best manager post SAF, but personally a coach who spent over 300m, hasn't implemented a specific style of play, hasn't challenged for a major trophy and the one he challenged as usual he bottled it and won feck all can't be considered "the best".

Second worst after Moyes yes
Best after SAF not even in all those top reds' wet dreams
He could have left with a trophy. I blame him completely for that EL final loss. I don't blame DDG. It shouldn't have come to that.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think it's so much as public backing as the social media admin just posting his post-match comments. His sacking was always unlikely but could still happen and the tweet will have no impact on that.
Do you reckon? I can’t imagine them posting that and then posting that he’s been sacked shortly after but I hope you’re right.

DomesticTadpole

Like I want us to beat Spurs but if we do that Oles job saved for the year.

That ruins our season......
That is how it's been all along, boom or bust. The biggest curse on this club is ex-players who are driving the people who run the club to keep Ole. They surely can see he isn't good enough.

Riz

Can only hope that behind the scenes they're delaying the appointment of a new manager until the fixtures become kinder. I'm not saying this would be my solution but perhaps thinking is you don't want the hype of a new manager to be extinguished by early defeats when there's potential for a very good run of fixtures to build up momentum early in a new tenure.

Our next 5 in the league: Spurs, Chelsea, Watford, City, Arsenal
After that until the end of the year: Palace, Norwich, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley
After that, we still don't play a "top 6" team for another 7 matches: Wolves, Villa, West Ham, Burnley, Soton, Leeds, Watford

Honestly this is probably wishful thinking as the delay would effectively mean writing off any sort of challenge but you have to hope for something..

laughtersassassin

Unfortunately we play Spurs then Atalanta and then City.

That means there is zero chance he is fired. Because we will get a win it two out of Sours and Atalanta.

He should be fired even if he won all 3!!!!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They're going to lose the next three games then he will be sacked I'm guessing. No Champions League next season will give a new manager a decent opportunity to focus on the league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't believe that he cannot see the dangers ahead when everyone else who watches football can and is basically shouting out those dangers to him since about 7 games ago.

Everyone's telling him to brake and turn the wheel hard but he seems intent on driving this train off a cliff in the most explosive style possible. Why? I get angry just thinking about it.

I should just lay off footie for a while.
Look, Ole is not good enough. He could do better and get us 72-75 points, or he could do worse and get 66-68 points. Either way, whether he gets things 'right' or 'wrong' in a bunch of games, he's never goin to be able to cope with top class managers. So it's up to us ensure our team is managed by someone who is at the required level.

Red Viking

If you watch our performances with these results and the answer is to give him more time then those in charge are woefully incapable in this role. At this point it´s obvious to almost everyone but the decision makers at the club that ole don´t have the ability to manage a team or club of this size. If they honestly want to continue with Ole then it´s obvious the board members are protecting Ole out of personal interest as they like him. There are no sporting merit in giving someone performing this bad more time. The club have basicly said that you can be utterly humiliated at Old Trafford by our biggest rivals and be deemed good enough to stay managing the team if this is truly their decision going forward.

Last edited:

Andy Parker

Supports
Siena
Bang out of order some of the posts in here. Ole has picked the club back up off its knees over the last few years. A bad patch is inevitable at some point. This is when you get behind a club legend and show him that we support him all the way, in the bad times as well as the good.

Devil’s Trident

His reign at united consists of these words

“Progress”
“United way”
“United DNA”
“Fine margins”
“That’s football”
“Passion,Hunger,Desire”
“Fantastic group of boys”
“Unlucky, could have been different”

In Every interview in every press conference. Talked/Heard No insight, No footballing philosophy, No tactics. He just kept on repeating these words for 3 years. Three.

BorisManUtd

We play Spurs on Saturday so manager's press conference is on Thursday, right? Perhaps they sack Ole today or tomorrow and make Carrick a caretaker for that Spurs game.

I do feel for Ole, 5-0 loss to Liverpool at home is basically worst possible result, worse than 1-6 vs Spurs. It'll haunt him forever, will hurt even more if he gets the sack now. I know it's mostly his fault, but it's just sad.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

It simply has to be done. The fans will forgive it, we will accept a new manager needs time and it might not be plain sailing immediately with these fixtures, but give us a manager and a philosophy we can buy into and everybody will be happy. The fans and the players. This isn't one game we are talking, there have been many dark periods under Ole, this is just the darkest as we have the best team but the worst performances of his tenure.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

“We are too close to give up now. We know we are at rock bottom."

How can you be really close while at the same time being at rock bottom, it doesn't even make logical sense.
First time i heard it, it sounded like: "Soon we'll be out of all cup competitions and we'll be plodding in the midtable positions. Then i'll scrape top-four, after a good spell of form, and everybody will be relieved that the worst has been avoided. Give it another season and they'll all be convinced that this is as good as it gets". :lol:

On a more serious note, he was a beaten man with a microphone in front of him. Any choice of words would have sounded silly or even absurd to some. The results are bad and he doesn't have a pedigree to fall back on and ask for more patience.

I remember when we lost 6-1 to City and SAF said in a similar presser that the only thing he was worried about was the GD on the final match day. Nobody laughed, nobody questioned his words because they knew that United would challenge.

spiriticon

Look, Ole is not good enough. He could do better and get us 72-75 points, or he could do worse and get 66-68 points. Either way, whether he gets things 'right' or 'wrong' in a bunch of games, he's never goin to be able to cope with top class managers. So it's up to us ensure our team is managed by someone who is at the required level.
I know now that he isn't good enough to win the league but even then it would be nice if he showed some humble reflection and address his own weaknesses in coaching and tactics by getting the right help in and removing those who have been ineffective.

Right now, he's intent on proving everyone else wrong about his coaching team and is taking a kamikaze style approach to our season. He's a better manager than that.

Lukinho

Have you guys seen the tweet from United? I dont think he is going is he. Surley they wouldnt put out something like this if they dont back him. They are going to give him more time. I cant believe it.

Smores

I imagine we're buying time for an appointment as we'd rather appoint someone than go with a caretaker.

Still the board must know he's on his last legs so it's a bit cruel not to just get it done with and sack him.

I want him sacked asap but i do feel sorry for him. The stress of another few games when you know you're gone in all likelihood. Can't imagine the environment at carrington and the dressing room.

justboy68

If he's not sacked today then the club might honestly be doomed under these owners. It will show total negligence that you just can't have in such a competitive environment.

laughtersassassin

I know now that he isn't good enough to win the league but even then it would be nice if he showed some humble reflection and address his own weaknesses in coaching and tactics by getting the right help in and removing those who have been ineffective.

Right now, he's intent on proving everyone else wrong about his coaching team and is taking a kamikaze style approach to our season. He's a better manager than that.
No he isn't. This has been long overdue.

He never implemented any real style of play. We don't build in each season. We just show up and go out there are react

Look at last season nearly every game we went 1-0 down before coming back.

We have some great players and a pub manager and coaches.

laughtersassassin

We should aspire to be more like Chelsea.

We give managers too much time.

Sickening thing to say but it's very true.

spiriticon

I’ll say this once only; don’t make it personal please
Yeah, sorry. It's just very frustrating. I don't believe at all that he hasn't heard or watched any of the TV pundits this season. I don't believe that the people closest to him hasn't had a word in his ear about the state of the defending.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, sorry. It's just very frustrating. I don't believe at all that he hasn't heard or watched any of the TV pundits this season. I don't believe that the people closest to him hasn't had a word in his ear about the state of the defending.
I agree it’s frustrating. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but an inexperienced manager with his 2 coaches being inexperienced too is a bad gamble. When fergie hit certain periods he brought in coaches like mcclaren and Carlos Q when he needed structure etc. A good manager recognises when to do that.
they’ve got to go

Robbie Boy

Aye, They battered us with a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Keita....

If you gave Ole that midfield 3, and Klopp the midfield 3 we had yesterday, i'd venture a guess that the score wouldn't have been all that different.
Exactly, 3 players seen on here as donkeys. Amazing what a great manager can do. Our manager can't even get top players playing at their level. How anyone can accept this now is beyond me.

tomaldinho1

It's best for everyone if they do move him on. New coaching staff, no pressure for next few games and then international break. Should be able to see some improvement by Jan window.

AmanNits04

I don’t think we should be at a stage with this set of players. The players that we have might not be enough to win the league or CL but good enough to beat the smaller teams and go head to head with the bigger teams.
Tbh, I don't have any hopes from Ole now, it's his immaturity or probably the inability to be a good manager at this point of time.
We definitely need somebody who has had more experience and won more things. Se have the players just need a manager who can make then play to their standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.