Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukinho

so he is really not going to get sacked. I cant unterstand how we can get destroyed by our biggest rival and the coach doesnt get sacked. Just shows yet again that the Glazers dont give one shit about the Club

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
8 points back is too much to make up in this day and age to three top teams. Looks like it could be 95+points again this season to win the league. However if we get a top manager in and he can get things moving in the right direction the CL and FA cup are still alive at least.
8 points is nothing at this stage. Even Fergie dropped that late in the season.

justboy68

8 points is nothing at this stage. Even Fergie dropped that late in the season.
It is influenced massively by the number of title contenders. With three strong looking contenders, we'd have to be absolutely unreal to make up the gap on all three. One or two might drop off but at least one will front run and stay ahead.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Ole survives until the weekend, the one thing I want to hear from him is that we are not going to keep going with 424, chase the ball like puppies football.

He needs to stop doing and saying what he seems to think a Man Utd coach should do and say. He needs to start setting the team up to be hard to beat. If I hear him talk about how we're going to press from the front, get at Spurs etc. I think I'll blow up.

Pirlo'sBeard

Absolute disgrace if he doesn't get sacked. It's not Ole's fault he's in the job. He's doing his best which is unfortunately nowhere near good enough.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
This is the 3rd time in the space of 12 months where United sacking Solskjaer would have been justified. The other two being the failure to get out of the Champions League group last season and the Europa League final.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I am absolutely sure that the poster you quoted in your post above is either seriously deluded or an opposition fan enjoying our misery. Most probably the latter.
Probably has Ole's chewing gum in a nice frame somewhere at his home.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How is it disrespectful to suggest Ole has done his best but his best is far from good enough? I saw you blaming Pogba yesterday and called you out for it and yet, no reply to that one.

Re signing autographs it’s just naive to think that’s a good idea. That’s as much on the club as him. Perception matters in football and coming out after the worst result I can remember to take selfie’s and sign autographs isn’t a good look, no matter how nice the sentiment is.
I wasn't adressing that topic at all so I'm not sure why you're asking? I dont have any problems with anyone "suggesting" he's done his best.

I blamed Pogba yesterday for getting a red card and giving away a goal. I will never, ever not blame the players for the actions they take on the pitch. Regardless of manager, the players perform on the day. If they get outplayed, fine. If they lose the ball for no reason, that's not he player losing the ball. You don't need a magical system to teach Shaw or Maguire to kick the ball away before the 1-0 goal. They both fecked up.

Re: the autographs. Its not about the performance on matchday. Its not about the qualities as a manager. Its about the qualities you have as a representative of the football club. You don't hide away from disappointments. Sir Alex was the foremost proponent of that very idea.

"And the players were like 'when no one signs, no one has to sign'. So we went straight to the bus, every one, and I look out the window and I see Sir Alex Ferguson signing each autograph. "I swear he must have signed for like 45 minutes. He was signing [for] everyone. I say ,'Guys, when the boss comes on the bus, we are done'.

"And he came on the bus, he gave us the hairdryer. 'What the hell do you think you are?! Those people are paying your salary. Those people are coming to watch you. Now get the f--- down there and sign.' And we had to sign each fan. But that's the mentality."

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It is influenced massively by the number of title contenders. With three strong looking contenders, we'd have to be absolutely unreal to make up the gap on all three. One or two might drop off but at least one will front run and stay ahead.
I'd think its the other way around, three strong teams would all drop points against each other.

tomaldinho1

I wasn't adressing that topic at all so I'm not sure why you're asking? I dont have any problems with anyone "suggesting" he's done his best.

I blamed Pogba yesterday for getting a red card and giving away a goal. I will never, ever not blame the players for the actions they take on the pitch. Regardless of manager, the players perform on the day. If they get outplayed, fine. If they lose the ball for no reason, that's not he player losing the ball. You don't need a magical system to teach Shaw or Maguire to kick the ball away before the 1-0 goal. They both fecked up.

Re: the autographs. Its not about the performance on matchday. Its not about the qualities as a manager. Its about the qualities you have as a representative of the football club. You don't hide away from disappointments. Sir Alex was the foremost proponent of that very idea.

"And the players were like 'when no one signs, no one has to sign'. So we went straight to the bus, every one, and I look out the window and I see Sir Alex Ferguson signing each autograph. "I swear he must have signed for like 45 minutes. He was signing [for] everyone. I say ,'Guys, when the boss comes on the bus, we are done'.

"And he came on the bus, he gave us the hairdryer. 'What the hell do you think you are?! Those people are paying your salary. Those people are coming to watch you. Now get the f--- down there and sign.' And we had to sign each fan. But that's the mentality."
That was after a preseason game for goodness sakes, you can't compare it to getting embarrassed at home to our biggest rivals

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
A part of me is hoping, they haven't handed him a "3 game rope" to latch on to. But, our club has been such a big joke, that it wouldn't really surprise me.

To think, one top red got upset and put me on ignore when I called our board out for lacking ambition, that their only aim is Top 4 or they'd have hired a better manager.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That was after a preseason game for goodness sakes, you can't compare it to getting embarrassed at home to our biggest rivals
Yes you can. The principle always applies. You meet the matchgoing fans. Always.

Not facing your problems head on is a losers mentality. At least have the backbone to look the fans in the eye.

Amir

8 points back is too much to make up in this day and age to three top teams. Looks like it could be 95+points again this season to win the league. However if we get a top manager in and he can get things moving in the right direction the CL and FA cup are still alive at least.
Yeah, even if we get Pep right now we wouldn't be able to match teams who are far more used to their system.

We can't win the league but we can finish top 4 comfortably and build something for next season.

redshaw

I would hope the club is in talks with another manager which could take a few weeks, meanwhile whatever the results United will parts ways with Ole. The players can still come together away to Atalanta and such despite their reservations.

tomaldinho1

Yes you can. The principle always applies. You meet the matchgoing fans. Always.

Not facing your problems head on is a losers mentality. At least have the backbone to look the fans in the eye.
How is facing your problem head on fan interaction??? You're typing something that sounds good but don't make any sense.

A loser's mentality to see what happened yesterday and to accept it.

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If Ole survives until the weekend, the one thing I want to hear from him is that we are not going to keep going with 424, chase the ball like puppies football.

He needs to stop doing and saying what he seems to think a Man Utd coach should do and say. He needs to start setting the team up to be hard to beat. If I hear him talk about how we're going to press from the front, get at Spurs etc. I think I'll blow up.
Does not matter really. He cant do any better or change

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Does not matter really. He cant do any better or change
I disagree.

He can do better. We have seen him set the team out to be compact and to counter attack effectively.

What we are seeing is the consequence of his choices. He has decided on this approach. He is choosing to change how he sets up. Despite the fact the players obviously don't trust what they're being told to do, aren't comfortable with it and can see it failing.

Michael Cox wrote about this today in the Athletic. What we are seeing is a relatively new problem, which is entirely down to Ole's decisions this season. No way, no way, should United have been chasing Liverpool around like headless chickens yesterday. However, that's on the coach. He said pregame what he wanted and the players, bad as they were, tried to deliver it.

Ole should have seen they weren't capable and set them up differently. Its all on him and a different manager, I'm sure, would change this self-destructive style of football.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's gone.

Nah. He will avoid sack, beat luckily Spurs, draw Atalanta and park the bus vs City and lose with "only" 1:0.
Then NT break comes where he will get time by board to "steady the ship"
You didn't learn yet? He is a survivor

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
No more contracts for his coaching team. No more funds for new players. He has had enough already. He is the most spoiled guy in the football world because he played for Utd. He might survive but he doesn't deserve more backing. Horrible situation. Don't want Utd to lose but don't want Ole hanging around stinking the place out indefinitely.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just sack him now. Gives us one week for Spurs and 2 weeks for City. Then we have an international break. 4 weeks should be fine for any new manager to understand the team.

ti vu

Would be surprised for Glazers to act decisively now.

Sound like nothing is gonna happen until international break with the derby playing a key in Ole fate. Atalanta and Spurs are not at Liverpool/City level to stick the knife in. There is chance, we can get great results despite having underwhelming period in game, like against Villarreal and Atalanta previously.

Not wishing defeat on my team, but hope that this humiliation finally open fan, and especially get the players to push pressure on the higher up to put succeeding plan in motion.

Kaos

Even if you can put aside the horror of losing 5-0 to the dippers at home (hard I know), the fact remains we have 1 point out of a possible 12 from the last four games. Thats relegation form and a sackable offence alone surely.

JoaquinJoaquin

Nah. He will avoid sack, beat luckily Spurs, draw Atalanta and park the bus vs City and lose with "only" 1:0.
Then NT break comes where he will get time by board to "steady the ship"
You didn't learn yet? He is a survivor
Unfortunately I fear this to.

Status
Not open for further replies.