Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

If the club doesn't act here we are going to see a player revolt, a full downing of tools and a club in absolute free fall. It's arguable that this is already happening. The longer this goes on, the worse.

AshRK

We are wasting this season as well, aren't we? He is not getting the sack. If we lose the next 3 then he will be after the city game but by that time the new manager will just be playing for top 4. Unless he does a tuchel and goes for CL. Another season in gutters if you ask me.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Its heartening to see that the mangager still finds time to show class even at the lowest day of his career

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I will probably post this every hour until he is gone... But how the *** is he still here?!

Water Melon

Atalanta and City games will be absolutely vital. Taking into account that we have Spurs before the Atalanta game, I'd not be surprised if we drop points against the Italians and are hammered by the noisy neighbours. If Ole is still at the helm even after this scenario, then it is up to the match-going fans to get more vocal.

YeahYeah

I will probably post this every hour until he is gone... But how the *** is he still here?!
Baffles the mind.
He is getting so much leeway its as if he's some hall of fame level manager.

We seriously need to act now because we can still save the season.
8 points behind at this point isnt horrible but just about. We can not afford this to go on anymore, we need a turnaround.

Robbie Boy

Unlike some Caf posters :)
Get out of his arse mate, it's over.

If you really think your crusade makes you a better fan after getting dicked 5 nil at home to Liverpool, you're more lacking in self awareness than I thought. It'll be better for you when he's gone.

MUFC OK

We are wasting this season as well, aren't we? He is not getting the sack. If we lose the next 3 then he will be after the city game but by that time the new manager will just be playing for top 4. Unless he does a tuchel and goes for CL. Another season in gutters if you ask me.
If we lose to Atalanta, we will need at least 4 pts from the last 2 games to qualify, maybe 5. So yes, theres a decent chance we only have top 4 after 3 games.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Baffles the mind.
He is getting so much leeway its as if he's some hall of fame level manager.

We seriously need to act now because we can still save the season.
8 points behind at this point isnt horrible but just about. We can not afford this to go on anymore, we need a turnaround.
So show up with a sign at Carrington and offer some moral support for the boys.

IncyWincySpider

Our goal difference is +1. By the time we've played City it's likely to be negative. Has that ever happened before at this stage of the season? Meanwhile the three big teams have goal differences of 21, 20 and 16.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

If you really think your crusade makes you a better fan after getting dicked 5 nil at home to Liverpool, you're more lacking in self awareness than I thought. It'll be better for you when he's gone.
I posted a positive thing he did and you're over here laughing. That says everything it needs to.

Water Melon

I am absolutely sure that the poster you quoted in your post above is either seriously deluded or an opposition fan enjoying our misery. Most probably the latter.

Robbie Boy

I posted a positive thing he did and you're over here laughing. That says everything it needs to.
It wasn't even positive, it was fecking pathetic what Ole done. But hey, you probably believe he's still the man, and always will.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Its heartening to see that the mangager still finds time to show class even at the lowest day of his career

It'd be more heartening if his team wasn't smashed to pieces by our biggest rivals.

MUFC OK

He's just thrilled to be there when he shouldn't be on merit, more than happy to do signatures all day and make pals with the journo's in press conferences.

tomaldinho1

I used to think he was just super stubborn but it’s clear he’s a wum account. No United fans are defending the manager and it’s not even about the whole ‘I told you so’ mentality, it’s simple and very basic standards.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I used to think he was just super stubborn but it’s clear he’s a wum account. No United fans are defending the manager and it’s not even about the whole ‘I told you so’ mentality, it’s simple and very basic standards.
I'm not defending the result?

Listen, you can take a loss any way you want. I'm more than disappointed about the result and I posted literally yesterday that I'm not even sure if he can or should survive this.

What's important is that any employee of Manchester United, be they player, manager or lunchlady treat the matchgoing fans with the respect they deserve and meet them after the game instead of hiding away.

If you have a problem with that, grow up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Disheartening but expected.
This club operates on an entirely different metric to our main rivals. With the exception of Liverpool, our rivals home and abroad are motivated by one thing and one thing only...glory. For these clubs, nothing but winning and winning now is acceptable. Their existence is to win. Ours is to maximise value. Our board will consider this season a success if Ole recovers to get top four. Why pay out £27m on the chance a new guy might still challenge for the title when the title is just a plus?
Ole could lead us to 2/3rd every year for the next ten years and he would be guaranteed the job.
Our board won't be moved until it looks like top four is at risk.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

I'm not defending the result?

Listen, you can take a loss any way you want. I'm more than disappointed about the result and I posted literally yesterday that I'm not even sure if he can or should survive this.

What's important is that any employee of Manchester United, be they player, manager or lunchlady treat the matchgoing fans with the respect they deserve and meet them after the game instead of hiding away.

If you have a problem with that, grow up.
How is it disrespectful to suggest Ole has done his best but his best is far from good enough? I saw you blaming Pogba yesterday and called you out for it and yet, no reply to that one.

Re signing autographs it’s just naive to think that’s a good idea. That’s as much on the club as him. Perception matters in football and coming out after the worst result I can remember to take selfie’s and sign autographs isn’t a good look, no matter how nice the sentiment is.

Bristol_Red_87

As much as I believe it is time for Ole to go, I do think the notion we can still challenge for a title if we sack him now hugely farfetched.

There are still systematic problems at our club that run beneath our inept coaching and overly indulged playing staff.

City, Chelsea and Liverpool are lightyears ahead of where we are as a "team". Do we think all three of them will self implode where we go on to drop only 8 points for the remainder of the season?

We are firmly back at square one. The only difference is we have, on paper, a much better squad of players to mould into a "team"!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
We should sack Ole then rehire him as interim. His record as interim is unmatched.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
As much as I believe it is time for Ole to go, I do think the notion we can still challenge for a title if we sack him now hugely farfetched.

There are still systematic problems at our club that run beneath our inept coaching and overly indulged playing staff.

City, Chelsea and Liverpool are lightyears ahead of where we are as a "team". Do we think all three of them will self implode where we go on to drop only 8 points for the remainder of the season?

We are firmly back at square one. The only difference is we have, on paper, a much better squad of players to mould into a "team"!
Title is gone. You can't mess about for a quarter of the season and be in a title race. We are in the middle of a 6 team race for top four though and the longer Ole stays, the worse our chances will be.

justboy68

8 points back is too much to make up in this day and age to three top teams. Looks like it could be 95+points again this season to win the league. However if we get a top manager in and he can get things moving in the right direction the CL and FA cup are still alive at least.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If we’re briefing that in the next few hours there’s a meeting to decide his future then it’s over. I think it’s telling that all the articles say as of Friday the club were unanimous in their support. Even mitten has said he’s doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.