Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
The latest bbc article makes him sound like he has only a basic grasp of English…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59351566

And, at the start of run of games that includes a crucial Champions League trip to Villarreal on Tuesday and a daunting Premier League encounter with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next Sunday, he promised Jesse Lingard he will get a chance to have an impact after talks over a new contract for the England man collapsed.

"I have not been involved in contract talks but Jesse is a big part of squad," said Solskjaer. "He gives energy to group every day.

"Every player wants to play but I can't fault his attitude. Jesse has done well when he has played for us and he will get his chances."

mav_9me

Other than the obvious lack of performances and results on the pitch, the handling of the squad resulting in a bloated squad with players like VdB, Lingard, Mata taking up space and salary while further limiting game time opportunities for Elanga/Hannibal etc has to be his sad legacy.

MichaelRed

Him saying "It's down to performances on the day" is the first sign of him throwing players under the bus imo.

Jackal981

Vibes and pashun FC. Disgraceful manager. Hope he get the hell out asap. Why dont he talk about his lack of coaching and archaic tactics. Its all about pashun and who wants more now. Shameful. The way he talks about football is like we are in the middle ages

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Him saying "It's down to performances on the day" is the first sign of him throwing players under the bus imo.
He’s heavily deluded and in addition….what are performances on the day down to? Because I can only think of one good one this season

Loon

:lol:
"Donny understands..." "Jessie this..." Surely he must know they are simply waiting for him to be binned and see what happens?

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I don't see any honesty from Ole. We must do this. We need to work on that. It is always "WE".

Donny will get his chance, Bailly has been excellent in training, Lingard has taken his chances.... Then Ole plays the faves. I don't trust the guy.

Matriac

I don't see any honesty from Ole. We must do this. We need to work on that. It is always "WE".

Donny will get his chance, Bailly has been excellent in training, Lingard has taken his chances.... Then Ole plays the faves. I don't trust the guy.
He talks about them because he's asked about them at press conferences.
What is he gonna say?

"No they've been shit in training" or that "they're distracted by off the field things so they can't focus over 90 minutes". Or it might be as simple as "they are good in training, but other players are performing better". Plus a Bailly special "He's a wet noodle that gets injured every time he plays a string of matches, and while he makes some hollywood saves he's overall reckless im his decision making".

Reactions: Jippy

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
What is he gonna say?

"No they've been shit in training" or that "they're distracted by off the field things so they can't focus over 90 minutes". Or it might be as simple as "they are good in training, but other players are performing better". Plus a Bailly special "He's a wet noodle that gets injured every time he plays a string of matches, and while he makes some hollywood saves he's overall reckless im his decision making".
Why give Bailly a new contract then. He is clearly lying to the players too. He doesn't have the stones for management, players need to be told the truth. You can't string everyone along for ever. Whilst he compliments the non-starters, he doesn't believe in them. It is a mess and the squad are confused and unmotivated.

united for life

He said that the fans have supported throughout the rebuild. That is true. However, we are not in the rebuild stage now. I’ve supported him regardless of the results till the beginning of this season. That was because we really were in the build stage. Now, after all these signings and a couple of years under Ole’s belt, it is time to see the results. We have a very good squad (not perfect but who has perfect?) and we need to start getting a return. He says he wants his team to be the hardest working team and to attack opponents, then this is how he should set his team up. Attack, not park the bus and hope we have a good counter attack! Love Ole, but it’s really time he changes gear and takes the team to the next level.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
What is he gonna say?

He annoys me now. I think he is lacking brain power. I don't want to bash him because he is a fall guy for the Glazers. They knew he was thick but the cashed in on his legend status to appease the fans.

Matriac

Why give Bailly a new contract then. He is clearly lying to the players too. He doesn't have the stones for management, players need to be told the truth. You can't string everyone along for ever. Whilst he compliments the non-starters, he doesn't believe in them. It is a mess and the squad are confused and unmotivated.
I was taking the piss with my answer on Bailly. The truth is probably they find him a decent backup.
And we do need backup players. Last season Bailly was the main backup CB, but Maguire and Lindelöf rarely got injured. Now he's got Varane ahead of him as well which sucks for him.
But he can be both annoyed at not playing more, but also still prefer to stay at the club with the salary and prestige involved instead of going to a lesser club to play every week.

Plenty of players have left the club under him, so he's apparently able to tell them the truth in private. He just won't ever talk negative about a player in public.

Devil’s Trident

If we win against Watford watch him grinning from ear to ear again as if he has silenced his doubters talking about the united DNA the united way again. I’m sorry but the man is so small time it makes me cringe. He doesn’t excel in man management either he excels in fan management. He is a noose around the neck right now which is suffocating our team to function properly. No amount of heart desire passion will rectify it until we cut that noose.

Chicharo

Exactly, Bailly, should remain here.Even with Varane's arrival (let's face it,we all knew Varane was injury-prone). But, I don't understand why we kept Rojo for so long,as well as Jones. Also, perhaps Tuanzebe might be the answer, but let's face it - how many players have we sent for a loan and then brought them back to become an important part of the team
Mata? I like the guy, but it is ridiculous that he is still here.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
If we win against Watford watch him grinning from ear to ear again as if he has silenced his doubters talking about the united DNA the united way again. I’m sorry but the man is so small time it makes me cringe. He doesn’t excel in man management either he excels in fan management. He is a noose around the neck right now which is suffocating our team to function properly. No amount of heart desire passion will rectify it until we cut that noose.
I'd rather he maintain a funereal demeanour and exclusively wear black until he wins a trophy. He has nothing to smile about until then given all of the money he has spent.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Exactly, Bailly, should remain here.Even with Varane's arrival (let's face it,we all knew Varane was injury-prone). But, I don't understand why we kept Rojo for so long,as well as Jones. Also, perhaps Tuanzebe might be the answer, but let's face it - how many players have we sent for a loan and then brought them back to become an important part of the team
Mata? I like the guy, but it is ridiculous that he is still here.
I don't think Mata would have stayed, it was reported he had options to move, but supposedly Ole persuaded him not to move in the summer with promises of games. This is a familiar line with Ole.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"I have not been involved in contract talks but Jesse is a big part of squad," said Solskjaer. "He gives energy to group every day."
So what he's saying is if someone wanks in the dressing room that's enough to secure their weekly wages because that person gives away a lot of energy.

Chicharo

I don't think Mata would have stayed, it was reported he had options to move, but supposedly Ole persuaded him not to move in the summer with promises of games. This is a familiar line with Ole.
Yeah, heard about the same thing.
What's even worse,I think Mata could of been useful from time to time...
And what about Amad? We expected so much, now he's not even on the radar
But ,Mata wasn't that much involved during Mou's tenure here either and hewasthe one who brought him. So, it's not just Ole's fault.
Romero...I don't even know where to begin...

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, heard about the same thing.
What's even worse,I think Mata could of been useful from time to time...
And what about Amad? We expected so much, now he's not even on the radar
Amad looked a real talent, got injured then doesn't even seem to be playing any games to get back to fitness. You presume he will go on loan in January like he was supposed to in the summer. I actually think we have gone from being brilliant at developing young players to being rather average.

Foxbatt

I am starting to hate him now. Earlier on I thought he was just an incompetent manager but now it has changed to hating him at Manchester United. I wanted him gone now. More than LVG now.

Atheist

He’s probably going to do more damage before he leaves (if he does) - by awarding contract extensions to a bunch of his mediocre favorites that are always in the team.

lex talionis

It’s gotten to the point where the only things to come out of Ole’s mouth are cliches or lies.

Shark

@NotShark
He looks completely drained of any confidence and enthusiasm in that interview. Why is he leading us into this match :lol:

Chairman Steve

Solskjaer runs this team like some 14 year old newbie on an FM game.

Plays the same players every fecking game
Doesn’t like using subs in-game
Will play a good player even if he’s Orange Inj
Most definitely uses the ‘Have Assistant take charge of training’ option

Ixion

He has to go now. It's fecking Chelsea and Arsenal next, this was his freebie to earn some breathing space.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
When do I get my apologies from posters on here?? These posters know well who they are.

I don't even feel bad for Ole because he has been giving more opportunity and support financially and through the media than most manager would

ManUnitedCanuck

Unfortunately that is likely it for Ole. The way we’ve played this season hasn’t been great, and I’m starting to think the Ronaldo signing hasn’t helped. Similar to Lukaku, just doesn’t fit into this style of play. Ole hasn’t been able to take the team beyond a specific level and it’s gone backward this year.

I will give him credit for rebuilding the squad to a level that there are expectations amongst the fans and even those external. Had some great moments and runs but never built the consistency that was needed to make a challenge.

Not sure who comes in though, that’s the difficult decision now.

Ludens the Red

Your job is on the line
You’re two nil down away
You bring on Anthony Martial

The level of incompetence is staggering.

He'sRaldo

1:20 of that training video.

Is that Ole's new plan for our defence to beat the press? Hold off a defender and hope the defender can skin the oncoming attacker?

I don't see anyone coming to give an option in that clip, which is pretty much what we seen week in week out when teams press us.

Good to know this is being worked on.
You joke, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.