Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Because the intention was to give a live transcript of what Ole was saying and it seemed a legitimate reason to start a new thread (incidentally information the Beeb, Sun and Mirror did not have). As legitimate as any Solskjaer-related thread of which there are many here.

The idea was to allow people to see quickly what Ole was saying. Nothing wrong with that.

As I said, if the rule is all Solskjaer stuff goes in one thread, create one thread and create a rule that everything goes in that thread. But that, imo, would be daft.

There are miriads and miriads of threads on here that could have been put somewhere else. Why pick on this?

As it happens, the thread has been scrapped and buried in a 'permanent manager' thread meaning many won't get the full transcript that I put together. Which is a shame.
You didn't put the transcript in the thread.

Untd55

There is a place for everyone. It goes without saying that I am less than happy with our dealings, especially as it comes after all the other poor recruitment dealings under Woodward. And there is no getting away from that. Hence, why we have the usual.. we are looking for a technical director PR spin that comes after the unrest, that despite what Ole says, does exist.

We can't bury our heads in the sands... but having said that, we have game tomorrow. And I hope that we do what Ole says and develop Greenwood by actually playing him. I would have Gomes beside Pogba too. Give them a chance. The transfer window is done. We don't forget, but now is the time to get behind Ole and the team.

Yes, I am upset but also we have to look forward now. You can have both emotions.
I agree that it is. The post was more towards some people on here who seem to be offended by any negative points.

It would be better to give youth players a chance, but a lot people--including me--are not convinced they are going to play a lot. I think this is what is leading to much of the disinterest.

If I knew for certain they were going to play a lot, my interest would be a lot higher.

Castia

If he goes with youth I feel the fans will be a lot more understanding, if he keeps starting the likes of Mata and Lingard and the results don’t go our way he could feel some backlash.

podurban2

If he goes with youth I feel the fans will be a lot more understanding, if he keeps starting the likes of Mata and Lingard and the results don’t go our way he could feel some backlash.
If he plays those two without giving Gomes a decent chance I’ll be dissapointed.

hocane

He's talked the talk now. It's time to walk the walk.

Will he be brave enough to play the youth or will he be a coward and put his trust om Lingard, Matic and Mata? I am crossing my fingers he does the former.

edgar allan

He's talked the talk now. It's time to walk the walk.

Will he be brave enough to play the youth or will he be a coward and put his trust om Lingard, Matic and Mata? I am crossing my fingers he does the former.
He will obviously start of again with the old and untrusted and he will be judged by how soon he chnages.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Rather spread positivity even if you feel it sounds ridiculous. I don’t think it’s that hard to imagine Sanchez coming back into form. If he does come back to form, he can be the best striker in the league and losing the goals of Lukaku would become irrelevant very quickly. I don’t believe Sanchez has fallen off a clif. The teams he played in when Mourinho was in charge changed every single week. One of the main attributes of title winning sides is consistency in selection. With Sanchez being given a 10 game run in the PL with a settled team can do wonders. When you’re chopping and changing the team each week it’s difficult for all our teams. When Ole came in initially he wasn’t changing the team much and you sort of could predict the team he’d put out. If we can get consistency with our first 11 we will get top four. Maybe top three but it is all about consistency.
Id like to see it, but he has shown nothing so far to make me think its possible, the problem is I think we need to play a certain way to get the best out of Sanchez, but that doesnt get the best out of the rest of the squad, its similar to the lukaku situation.

edgar allan

Id like to see it, but he has shown nothing so far to make me think its possible, the problem is I think we need to play a certain way to get the best out of Sanchez, but that doesnt get the best out of the rest of the squad, its similar to the lukaku situation.
Getting the best out of Sanchez would require a machine that can turn back time.

Enigma_87

You know who
I don’t know where you got that from because I never said that. I believe that the squad is at best a top 6 squad and if we finish top 6 with progression in our style of play and don’t get embarrassed in the cup competitions, then yes he has done his job well. If we fail to do that and are in free fall with no signs of recovery, he has to go.
Getting CL qualification for next year should be a minimum requirement for any United manager. Being LvG, Moyes, Ole or Jose doesn't matter.

Fail to do so should immediately bring the sack.

We can't afford a second year straight not qualifying for CL. That would send message to players like Dybala and Sancho who didn't want to joins us this year let alone if we keep the progression. You need elite players to be competitive and elite players don't want to play in Europa League.

You have to show ambition if you are a top team.

Ranchero

ABSOLUTELY. I would lay odds that he won't. In truth, based on pre-season you have to say Gomes and Greenwood were stars for us.
You have to give them a chance.

edgar allan

Getting CL qualification for next year should be a minimum requirement for any United manager. Being LvG, Moyes, Ole or Jose doesn't matter.

Fail to do so should immediately bring the sack.

We can't afford a second year straight not qualifying for CL. That would send message to players like Dybala and Sancho who didn't want to joins us this year let alone if we keep the progression. You need elite players to be competitive and elite players don't want to play in Europa League.

You have to show ambition if you are a top team.
We haven't shown any ambition at all, we have only demonstrated continued apathy and fecklessness

We were well short in midfield and in attack and we sold 2 without replacing them. Top 4 is a pipe dream and could only be achievable if 2 other teams implode.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
If you look it is there, because it is in this thread.
Yes, maybe we did need another thread on the lac of signings. Your threads about the transfer window are after all like the early swallows heralding summer every single year. We should not clip their wings, but let them fly free.

reddev3

He will start with the experiance which I think will be Martial up top Rashford left, Lingard number 10 and James on the right and see how it goes if he is challenging he will continue with this and if he isn't after 2-4 months he will start playing all the youth. This gives him a lifeline this way as he either succeeds first time round or he get a second chance if it goes wrong and everyone forgives him because he has started playing the youth. If he starts with youth he has no where to go if he fails early and will be heavily criticised for starting the "kids".

EDIT: I wouldn't even be suprised if none of the U21's were even in the squad for the first month or two.

Enigma_87

You know who
We haven't shown any ambition at all, we have only demonstrated continued apathy and fecklessness

We were well short in midfield and in attack and we sold 2 without replacing them. Top 4 is a pipe dream and could only be achievable if 2 other teams implode.
I was responding to the post above which implied getting top 6 should be considered a job well done.

Clearly for a club of United's standard it should not.

I mean we went from champions contenders year after year 6-7 years ago, then to CL qualification 2-3 years ago, now top 6 is job well done?

After 2-3 years will be mid table mediocrity and fighting for relegation after 5?

edgar allan

I was responding to the post above which implied getting top 6 should be considered a job well done.

Clearly for a club of United's standard it should not.

I mean we went from champions contenders year after year 6-7 years ago, then to CL qualification 2-3 years ago, now top 6 is job well done?

After 2-3 years will be mid table mediocrity and fighting for relegation after 5?
No-one should say it would be a job well done but you could definitely say it would matches the level of ambition of the owners of the club.

edgar allan

He will start with the experiance which I think will be Martial up top Rashford left, Lingard number 10 and James on the right and see how it goes if he is challenging he will continue with this and if he isn't after 2-4 months he will start playing all the youth. This gives him a lifeline this way as he either succeeds first time round or he get a second chance if it goes wrong and everyone forgives him because he has started playing the youth. If he starts with youth he has no where to go if he fails early and will be heavily criticised for starting the "kids".

EDIT: I wouldn't even be suprised if none of the U21's were even in the squad for the first month or two.
100% this

Enigma_87

You know who
No-one should say it would be a job well done but you could definitely say it would matches the level of ambition of the owners of the club.
That goes without saying. Woodward has set him up good. Could probably argue that was his plan from the off. If it was still Jose or Pep or other established manager he wouldn't have stood with that crap.

red4ever 79

I also agree with you. The issue I have is that you saw how we performed the past two months of last season. If we start like that again, then Ole wont last to get the opportunity to use the kids

edgar allan

That goes without saying. Woodward has set him up good. Could probably argue that was his plan from the off. If it was still Jose or Pep or other established manager he wouldn't have stood with that crap.
Jose did what he was told just like Ole will have to do.

Enigma_87

You know who
Jose did what he was told just like Ole will have to do.
Yeah, saw the PR stints from the morning.

Don't believe the DoF "search" one bit either. Next manager will come in and still it will be Ed pulling up the strings.

edgar allan

Yeah, saw the PR stints from the morning.

Don't believe the DoF "search" one bit either. Next manager will come in and still it will be Ed pulling up the strings.
Agree, but Ed is the Glaziers puppet, he also does as he is bid.

R'hllor

Transfer window is over, it is what it is. Lets focus on season ahead, talk is cheap anyway. Board can hide behind Ole, they all can hide behind the kids but if he picks the likes of Matic week in week out regardless of performances, there is no hiding from that and transfer window has nothing to do with it.

sugar_kane

all the shit he gets about being a stooge is ridiculous and pathetic

Would we rather he attacks them in public like the toxic one?

He has to play the game to keep his job and gradually get the club back on its feet

One thing I am certain he will bring back is a sense of discipline balanced with nurturing. It’s clear he’s not going to tolerate shite from our players given what has come out about his reaction to Lingard and Lukaku’s antics

Hopefully he can create a strong environment for the very talented crop of youngsters we have to thrive in

Stacks

latest comments are that the money was there but they are not just going to buy players for the sake of it if the right deals are not there. I kind of agree, however I still feel United should of planned this window better

Omahahaha

latest comments are that the money was there but they are not just going to buy players for the sake of it if the right deals are not there. I kind of agree, however I still feel United should of planned this window better
That's why clubs have more than one target.

I think it's negligent that we didn't reinforce the midfield, even if we couldn't get our primary target.

It's not like our current squad is so strong that it's very difficult to find players that improve us.

edgar allan

That sounds very like " there is no value in the transfer market". That is small penny pinching club mentality.

manunited1919

“[But] for me, I’m very confident that we’ll get goals from [Anthony] Martial, [Marcus] Rashford… Dan James will come in and create, I’m sure Jesse Lingard will get more. We have a different attacking set-up this season”.

Bestietom

The strengthening of backline should cut down on goals conceded last season by 20 if Matic and McTominay work together in front of them.
Improving the goals for is a worry, unless we can get Sanchez firing for us.
Greenwood will get some goals but you can't expect the burden to be put on him.
Everyone needs to chip in as we have no prolific 25/30 goals a season player, yet.

edgar allan

The strengthening of backline should cut down on goals conceded last season by 20 if Matic and McTominay work together in front of them.
Everyone needs to chip in as we have no prolific 25/30 goals a season player, yet.
We haven't got a 15-20 goals a season player yet.

Enigma_87

You know who
Defence looks great but you need protection from midfield.

A Maldini--Baresi--Nesta--Cafu line will struggle if they are shielded by off the cliff Matic and average midfielders in front.

Usually if we can't rebuild the whole team you take care of one position per line to create a spine. You don't sign 3 100m defenders and completely overlook the midfield and attack..

Status
Not open for further replies.