Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranchero

Ole is saying he is happy with his three signings.

And when asked about fan frustration over lack of signings he is saying: "That is not the feeling inside the club. The feeling with the fans i've met are they are excited with the ones we have had.

"Of course, there is always going to be fans out there wanting to sign players, that is part and parcel of being here."

He said the club did not recruit a replacement for Romelu Lukaku in order to prioritise the development of Mason Greenwood.

"The players are here now, they have been shown that trust, and we believe in them."

On fan negativity he said: "Of course we want to put that right and the only way we can put away doubts is by playing good football, showing the team we want to be, the style we want to play and our fans when they see that intention have always been supporting the team but within the team and the club we’re feeling very confident and don’t feel that negativity you’re talking about."

"I said earlier in pre-season last season as well it’s not about a quick fix it’s a long rebuild, about the right players right people in and it’s not about suddenly changing it at all when you haven’t got the right ones and he correct answers from the players you wanted to have if it’s doubt most of the time there’s no doubt and you’d rather trust the ones we have.

"There is money available when the right players are available."

And he did not rule out other players leaving before the European transfer window shuts.

"There might be, the thing is it’s not about who we don’t want here, it’s about who we want here and you’re gonna see that in the team selections and who’s with us in the long run."

On the Lukaku deal he says: "It was time for Rom to go. We got a good deal, he is happy. Both parties ended that deal as it should be.
"I just hope for him that he will get a good start at Inter Milan."

How the club fills a goal void left by Rom's departure he said: "Of course Rom has a good record, he is one of the top number 9s around, when you want to play with that kind of striker. He is that target man. For me I am very confident we will get goals from Martial, Rashford, Dan James will come in and create, I am sure Jesse Lingard will get more. We have a different attacking set up this season, yes we do."

He thinks Mason Greenwood can step up.

"Towards the end of last season we didn’t score a lot of goals and you do think players will have an impact and Mason Greenwood pathway would have been a lot more different if we had another forward there and I believe Mason is going to be playing and involved a lot and when he is he’s going to score goals," he said.

And he believes Sanchez can chip in.

"Alexis has come in and trained well, of course he’s four or five weeks behind the boys and he has not played apart from the one behind closed doors here, I think he’ll see this as an opportunity as well to make his mark."

"I do expect him to stay, there’s a striker there we think is going to be able to score some goals."
On Pogba's attitude: "Always the same, he has been great."

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Falls down a bit when he says Jesse is going to be a reliable source of goals, but other than that it's exactly what you'd both expect him to say, and what he should be saying. Needs to go into the season with positive vibes regardless of how it's gone.

Deep down I suspect he'd have liked some more signings (as all managers want more signings) but yeah, nothing too unexpected here.

edgar allan

He made it as obvious as Pogba did, yet one is here and still being professional and the other acted as a cnut. We would have sold him if Inter paid what we asked for before, instead of wasting time with low bids. We probably did not want to sell him that late, but once a player starts acting like that, the club has little choice.
It remains to be seen if Pogba remain professional this year or starts agitating again for a move.
Ole had already made it clear that Lukaku was not part of the style of football that he had planned, he expected a replacement we didn't get one.
The reason is obvious....we wouldn't spend the money.

shaky

The only thing everyone knew was Lukaku was looking to move, and as long as we were paid the money we were looking for, we would sell him. If the offers were not satisfactory, then we would have kept him for a season more, according to the rumours earlier in the season. In the end, it was looking like Inter could not pay the money, and we were keeping him. But then Lukaku refused to train, and at that point we could not keep him anymore.
I'm surprised we managed to get what we did for him in the end. After the Dybala swap failed to materialise, I thought Inter would lowball us knowing that we really needed shot of him and they were our only taker.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Meh. What is done is done. No matter how hard we whine and moan — we cannot change what has already transpired.

Let’s just put it down to what it is and carry on forward and look ahead to the new season with some optimism, however weak it is.

ohhrooney

Our midfield is nowhere near good enough to finish 4th.Even If Pogbas fit,is he going to be able to consistently perform at a high level for 9 months?Can Fred resurrect his United career?Is Matic irreversibly on the decline?Are Mctominay And Perreira good enough for us?

There are question marks around every single midfield player...We desperately need to sign another midfielder before Thursday...If we don’t then we will be starting with a serious handicap...

And we didn't. Time to fight with other teams for the 6th place.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Saying the right things, whatever he really thinks. Good professional.

Ranchero

He's hardly going to come out and criticise it ala Mourinho.
Indeed. Although, you will notice he never said HE was happy. He said the club was happy.

He is right to say, the transfer window is what it is, and he has just got to get on with it now. As we all have. Me included.

El Zoido

Fair comments, but when asked about who will replace Rom’s goals and he says Dan James and Lingard, for me that’s a concern. I’d have been more confident had he said Sanchez was banging them in in training.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Ole is not like Mourinho or LVG who are essentially a cheque book managers. Every team they go to, they need 22 new players. Ole to me is a breath of fresh air. A Manchester United manager must always protect the players. Most people on here were vilifying Mourinho for being so negative about our players and yet people on here are moaning for Ole being positive? Get a grip. We will surprise a few this season. Sanchez will be our top scorer when he returns to the first team. Extremely excited about this season. Teams won’t put 50+ goals in the back of our net. If we can remain strong at the back then we have a great chance because we too have some bloody dangerous players. I’m most excited about Greenwood and Sanchez.

Sambob

Love Ole, you wont win anything with a negative mindset.

Ideally you would sign 10 Messi's and then, well we already have De Gea, and hey presto you win everything. In the 99.99999% where you cant do that (the real world) then you make do with what you have. For years when we won stuff, we did it with the right team, not the best players in the world. I think this summer we are a bit closer to having the right team, and its the first time since probably 2 years before Fergie left that we have made a step in that direction.

Thank F*ck.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Fair comments, but when asked about who will replace Rom’s goals and he says Dan James and Lingard, for me that’s a concern. I’d have been more confident had he said Sanchez was banging them in in training.
Sir Alex told his players they were the best in the world. He gave them confidence. Ole is the same.

Ranchero

We can only hope that the likes of Greenwood, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and Pogba bring their A game.

Code-CX

Honestly I'm disappointed in our transfer window but the number of moan threads OP is making is hilarious :lol:.

Greck

Why can't people accept that he and the club are genuinely happy with the window?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Neither Martial or Rashford will score more than 12 goals from open play.
The road runners won't get more than 4 goals and assists combined.
Pogba will down tools in Sep to try to force through a move in Jan. His fatty agent will be mouthing off every week.
Lingard won't get more goals and assists than last year.

This is so obvious to everybody. Ole is kidding himself. He is just hoping against hope that a bunch of losers who constantly finish outside the top 4 will come good. It ain't happening.

Denis79

I hope we get off to a flyer. I’m kind of looking forward to this season and not looking forward to it.
Haha same as me, I'm completely torn this season. I'm neither positive or negative about our chances of making 4th place.

Ban

Ole is saying he is happy with his three signings.

And when asked about fan frustration over lack of signings he is saying: "That is not the feeling inside the club. The feeling with the fans i've met are they are excited with the ones we have had.

"Of course, there is always going to be fans out there wanting to sign players, that is part and parcel of being here.

"The players are here now, they have been shown that trust, and we believe in them."

On the Lukaku deal he says: "It was time for Rom to go. We got a good deal, he is happy. Both parties ended that deal as it should be.
"I just hope for him that he will get a good start at Inter Milan."

How the club fills a goal void left by Rom's departure he said: "Of course Rom has a good record, he is one of the top number 9s around, when you want to play with that kind of striker. He is that target man. For me I am very confident we will get goals from Martial, Rashford, Dan James will come in and create, I am sure Jesse Lingard will get more. We have a different attacking set up this season, yes we do."

On Pogba's attitude: "Always the same, he has been great."
Love your threads with large pictures. Keep them going.
Fekin Ole, being positive about anything instead of shitting on the board, on the club and the squad.

edgar allan

I'm surprised we managed to get what we did for him in the end. After the Dybala swap failed to materialise, I thought Inter would lowball us knowing that we really needed shot of him and they were our only taker.
Very true, once he didn't turn up for training he was damaged goods.
They could have dropped the fee by 10 million and still got him.
Either ways we arent ever seeing that money again

Gee Male

I personally can't wait for this guy's sunny outlook during match threads. Gonna be fantastic.

Grande

Even when I am not whining. I am whining. You [politely] feck off.
I agree, that wasn’t whining, regardless of what you think of the statements.

I’m glad he’s talking like that, he sounds more like a manager than a fan now, and I think that’s healthy. He’s open enough about that we didn’t need Lukaku, but that we’ll miss him/his goals, about that we have changed our style of attacking, and about the need for players like Tony, Marcus and Jesse to up their game a level. Yet he doesn’t hang anyone out to dry, neither, Woodgate, Lukaku nor the more facetious journos or the more negative fans, and he creates a good atmosphere in and around the club (if not on the internet forums and pubs), which is completely necessary to get the best out of the squad he’s got for the upcoming season.

Ace of Spades

It remains to be seen if Pogba remain professional this year or starts agitating again for a move.
Ole had already made it clear that Lukaku was not part of the style of football that he had planned, he expected a replacement we didn't get one.
The reason is obvious....we wouldn't spend the money.
Pogba would not do that, Lukaku has done this previously as well. Ole said he did not fit the pressing system, does not mean that he wanted him out. He was not completely out of favour or something. Lukaku was out of shape, he admitted it himself, was up to him to get back in shape. In the end, Inter were the ones not paying the money, selling good players for cheap is not a good idea. The timing was the problem, the bid came into late and the player basically went AWOL, or I think we would have kept him for another season, or even till the winter window.

Status
Not open for further replies.