Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Laugh as much as you want now but we played better football under Moyes. At least we played some kind of football and created chances.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
100% agree.

This idiot can't see what 99% of the fans can see. We all can see Rashford shouldn't be starting, Periera is a Burnley level player, Matic and Mata are finished at this level, Ashley Young dire, Lingard should be sold/got rid of..

These are all obvious things, but he was banging on about the squad being good enough to challenge and that he didn't need more signings. He is an idiot and results like this are all down to him.

Since that fluke in Paris we have been shite.
I doubt he's as stupid as that.

When you can't get players in, you can't alienate the ones you're supposed to manage for the upcoming season.

That being said, still playing Matic and Young is idiotic.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Long way to go. Key players to come back. Everyone else dropping points. I stand by it
Pogba and Martial? We were hardly great with them btw, of course I think they will make a difference, however I doubt we make top 4

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's Moyes all over again. Madness they gave him the job in the first place

Kostur

海尔的老板
Look at our starting line up today. What do you want Ole to do with that?
Not sell donkey or Alexis before buying any sort of replacement so that he doesn't have to play a fecking Lingard as a striker would be a start. Then we can go to selling Fellaini and not replacing/retaining Herrera.

Stadjer

1. Squad is simply shite. Lingaard, Pereira, Matic, Mata, Young should be nowhere near our starting line up
2. Why the flying feck do we need 10+ chances to score? We created plenty today, but it seems we cant even score in a brothel with
3. Ed and the Glazers can feck off. The way they have run the club is a disgrace
4. Ole seems to be out of his depth, but what manager could realistically come and improve this bunch of failures?
Created plenty is a bit over the top isnt it? It isnt exactly Manchester City type of creating... Cant expect much to be created with McT, Mata and Pereira though. Also how Mata missed that rare massive chance from a Pereira cross... still cant believe it.

C'est Moi Cantona

Sacking him will change absolutely nothing now. Though he must share his part of the responsibility, and rightly so.

If I were him, I would be giving Woody a mouthful for being too slow and inept during the transfer window.
Not for me, Woodward/Glazers knew best when this was staring him on the face late last season, and then when and left him with a squad not fit for purpose, so they get what they deserve, it is all on them.

ariveded

He should have been sacked for his transfer records. He made the team much worse today than May 19.

Ultimately, a team can have minimum expectations, but not a manager. Ole has little aspirations, and content with current enviroment, and that is not good enough for a club like Man Utd.

Jimmy_Bond

Out of his depth. Awaiting for the inevitable conclusion to this.
Whatever people's loyalties, it's a couple of defeats away from getting very interesting again.

Can't see where his next win is coming from in the league. Will the fans turn? If so on whom? How will the board react?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

When you can't get players in, you can't alienate the ones you're supposed to manage for the upcoming season.

Nothing wrong with Young as a backup fullback. Matic is certainly shite though, then again is Fred any better?

El Zoido

I thought we have had a team of deadwood for 6 years, that seems to be the ongoing trend over that time when the fans defend all our previous cautious playing managers when they have been failing miserably with results.
No deadwood, decent players that didn’t fit a particular system. Good enough to force us in to the top four and win us games, but too mismatched to ever really push on. We broke the wheel and have to suffer, but let’s hope we build correctly.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Laugh as much as you want now but we played better football under Moyes. At least we played some kind of football and created chances.
Can people stop mentioning Moyes?

He had Robin Van Persie and Vidic. Ole has Rashford and Lindelof.

Gomes

Feck anybody who will try to argue that he deserves any amount of respect. If he actually loved the club he would have resigned in April.

Raw

I've tried to remain positive but our football has been absolute shite this season. It doesn't take this long to imprint what you're trying to achieve in terms of playing style (barely took Lampard any time!). I'm afraid he's just out of his depth.

Trezeguet17

I bet Ole's tactical approach in the dressing room before the game was something like "let's win this game".

So why is it his fault if the players can't even implement instructions this easy on the pitch?

But seriously he needs to go.

Tony247

Players have given up the season. There is no conviction. If changing the manager (again) is the only answer then club should do it. I doubt what any new manager will do wonders with likes of mata, lingard, perriera, matic, fred. Acedamy kids have long way to cement their place in first team. Only greenwood is on the verge but that too will take 1-2 years for him as physically he is not ready yet.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But not every manager would continue to start Matic, Mata, out of form Rashford etc. Time to go for OGS, probably
Who else do we pick though? I don't think we'd have gotten anything Iregardless of the lineup, not with all our strikers injured especially.
Solsjkaer will probably go eventually, but I don't think it will make much of an immediate difference.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
I dunno. I fear his status at the club might buy him more time than his performances should allow. We've rarely pulled the trigger at the right time in previous years, LVG in particular.

That said, I honestly don't know who could come in and make this better. All that investment, hundreds of millions, and this is the squad we've got.
Yep. I also think that the football side of the club won't get any better without massive changes in the actual running of the football side of the club. There are deeper issues here than just the manager, even though Ole looks a bit clueless.

jem

Sacking Ole won't change anything.
Our team is just abject.
Mid table at the very best.
Matic
Mata
Young
Lingard
Fred
No manager in the world will get anything from the lot.
True, but then again, this manager was in place when contract extensions were given to Young, Jones, and Mata. He's also presided over a window in which we categorically failed to bring in a Lukaku replacement.

Sp00ks11

Mate there are plenty of realisticly gettable players out there who would massively improve us, I have mentioned Maddison many times, and before the recent hype about him from the media.

I believe that Ole thought his current squad was good enough to challenge, and for that he is to blame. Because it is clear as day this squad is mid table level.

Greck

You know who else didn't get to spend 200m in the summer? West ham and Crystal Palace's managers. Should give them a call

fergiesarmy1

True, but then again, this manager was in place when contract extensions were given to Young, Jones, and Mata. He's also presided over a window in which we categorically failed to bring in a Lukaku replacement.
Don’t know what part you think Ole plays in signing a player but it’s minimal.

Judas

Open to offers
His in game management is appalling, we look lifeless and without a plan every single week. Why is he the man again? He might have the right idea for the direction of the club, but he's not the man to deliver it and take us forward, he's out of his depth.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Pogba and Martial? We were hardly great with them btw, of course I think they will make a difference, however I doubt we make top 4
It never looks good after a bad loss. As long as we are in the mix by new year I'll remain hopeful. I've said it before, everyone's going to get beat a good few times in this division.

Bojan11

This needs to be here. Again and again, he's to blame for the transfer market as much as Woodward. They both destroyed the squad and reverted us back to where we were in LVG second season. They both need to be sacked asap. Blaming Woodward only without Ole is total nonsense.
That’s shocking if he thought Martial, Rashford and Greenwood was good enough.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Come back to the same inevitable answer every time.
You play those same players, Matic, Mata, Young and you are doomed to fail, they are simply not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.