Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Our players aren’t good enough

Our manager isn’t good enough (he isn’t, legendary player maybe but not manager)

Our CEO isn’t good enough

We are not good enough

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think he's up to the task.

• Team looks poorly coached.
  • No real style of play. No cohesion.
  • He seems to think Lingard and Periera are good enough.
  • 130 million on the defence but how good is it really?
  • Little focused in midfield and possession. And this didn't about personnel. See us last season as well. All the focus is on fast pace attack. No nuance, no quality possession. It's been this way since he took over. Don't think he knows how to do possession.
  • Mata!? Fecking Mata is a valued starter in 2019.
  • McTominay is a first choice CM. Decent and all but come on.
  • Shouldn't have let Smalling go. Daft as feck.

PyroMan

If we start calling for the manager to be sacked after every poor run of matches, then we will end up like Everton. I dread to think of that scenario happening.

Not sure if Ole is the right choice or not, but we really need to start backing our managers through thick and thin. We chased out LvG (who I thought was decent, though football was garbage), got rid of Mourinho and now are turning against a club legend.

SGA

Cant believe Ole still has so much backing. His record as our manager is becoming abysmal. The way we are playing is shocking. Ole picks the teams and tactics. He is responsible for the team on the pitch and it's nowhere near good enough. This nonsense of him being a club legend so cut him a bit of slack is mind blowing. We are dire, absolutely woeful under his management. Today there was no desire or determination from the start. There was no quality at all.

acnumber9

True, but then again, this manager was in place when contract extensions were given to Young, Jones, and Mata. He's also presided over a window in which we categorically failed to bring in a Lukaku replacement.
He categorically stayed several times that he wanted a replacement for Lukaku. Do you really think he decided he didn’t need or want one? Two years in a row the club has failed to do what two different managers obviously wanted. One of the players the last manager wanted was signed a year later for more money for God’s sake. We’re run by a man who waited until a players release clause lapsed and ended up paying more for him. He’s learned nothing but how to play the media and fans. And when it becomes too bad he’ll sack another manager and then start leaking how we’re going to back him before the same shit happens again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Whatever people's loyalties, it's a couple of defeats away from getting very interesting again.

Can't see where his next win is coming from in the league. Will the fans turn? If so on whom? How will the board react?
I have no energy to boo him, to call for his head or anything of that start. I just think he will eventually get sacked.
This team tires my psyche

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Mate there are plenty of realisticly gettable players out there who would massively improve us, I have mentioned Maddison many times, and before the recent hype about him from the media.

I believe that Ole thought his current squad was good enough to challenge, and for that he is to blame. Because it is clear as day this squad is mid table level.
I look at the way we did our business this last summer, taking weeks to get a single transfer over the line, all that futile chasing of Dybala etc and I can't help but think that Woodward is to blame.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gomes, Brandon Williams, Ramazani, Elanga... Even if they are young and inexperienced, playing them would make more sense than Mata and Matic.
We could have played them, we'd have still lost though.
To me, picking those players would be unfair in a way, we saw after Astana that the fans don't have patience if a young player isn't 100% ready.

reddevil702

Has to go, this won’t get better and given how bad Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are doing, top 4 is still salvageable under a good manager.

el3mel

I fail to see how any top manager can do better with todays squad
Klopp got as much crap squad as this one and look how it turned out to be.

Ole is just a yes man and that's the reality that people don't want to admit it. He's as responsible for that crap summer as Woodward, and he adds up on that by being absolutely clueless in how to manage a team.

This level is too hight for him, simple as that.

We have become a totally midtable club. Board, manager and players are all midtable level.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Long way to go. Key players to come back. Everyone else dropping points. I stand by it
With "strikers" that can't stay fit for more than 4 games in a row, there is literally no chance we'd miss on top 4. May even win the title.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Can people stop mentioning Moyes?

He had Robin Van Persie and Vidic. Ole has Rashford and Lindelof.
Can people stop excusing Ole for lack of options? His decision was to let go Lukaku. His decision was to let go Alexis. Ffs, we didn't beat any team away since PSG. Don't tell me that our team is that shit that we can't beat midtable and bottom table clubs

Sp00ks11

I look at the way we did our business this last summer, taking weeks to get a single transfer over the line, all that futile chasing of Dybala etc and I can't help but think that Woodward is to blame.
Yeah that I agree with, I said in the Dybala thread it was a waste of time chasing him, same in the De Light thread. I am just a 31 year old bloke though, how can it be that things that are so obvious to me are not clear to the people in charge of United. It beggars belief.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We played West Ham fecking United. Even Villa drew to them.
We rarely win here. It's not a gigantic upset today. Just a disappointing result and performance.

We are complaining about the wrong thing. It's not Ole that is the problem here it's the depth of the squad. This situation we find ourselves in has been years in the making.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't blame him for getting rid of Lukaku and Sanchez, they wouldn't have made a jot of difference today.

I do blame both him and the board for not getting replacements in however.

It's currently embarrassing to look at how paper thin our squad is and that's way before you address the complete lack of quality of the players we do have

Devil81

If he's part of the reason we're so short in numbers he should be held responsible and lose his job.

If he's been left short by Woodward and the board then I feel sorry for the guy as he's basically fighting a losing battle. You wouldn't send a boxer into a fight with one of his arms tied behind his back.

PoTMS

Shambolic tactics, shambolic players, shambolic manager, shambles of a team. I can pretty much sign off watching us in the league for another year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I bet Ole's tactical approach in the dressing room before the game was something like "let's win this game".

So why is it his fault if the players can't even implement instructions this easy on the pitch?

But seriously he needs to go.
Play fast probably sums it up.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I have no energy to boo him, to call for his head or anything of that start. I just think he will eventually get sacked.
This team tires my psyche
Same here, the club has basically been destroyed by the Glazers and we're now witnessing the slow burn of its remains.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’s shocking if he thought Martial, Rashford and Greenwood was good enough.
I'm convinced Ole only wanted his first options or nothing. Without CL and him as a manager that was never going to happen

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Now doubt his interview he will be all smiley and happy like usual.

The Boys this, the boys that etc etc.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Can people stop excusing Ole for lack of options? His decision was to let go Lukaku. His decision was to let go Alexis. Ffs, we didn't beat any team away since PSG. Don't tell me that our team is that shit that we can't beat midtable and bottom table clubs
I'm not excusing Ole. I'm saying comparing him to Moyes isn't fair. Moyes fecked up the league champions. Ole took over a struggling club.

Marcus

I support the idea of developing our youth. But you need a manager with a plan to succeed with that. Ole is a novice. He is not that man.

Fracture90

I would trust mackena and Carrick
This is an interesting thought. That first match under Ole, against Cardiff where we played like possessed, Ole actually came out and said that it was mostly down to McKenna and Carrick as he wasn't with the squad long enough to make his picking and set up the team.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We rarely win here. It's not a gigantic upset today. Just a disappointing result and performance.

We are complaining about the wrong thing. It's not Ole that is the problem here it's the depth of the squad. This situation we find ourselves in has been years in the making.
The two aren't mutually exclusive though. If you have a good squad it can help carry a not good enough manager. If you have a good manager it can help elevate a squad to play better. We have neither. We have a poor squad and a manager that isn't cut out for it at this level.

Djemba-Djemba

If he's part of the reason we're so short in numbers he should be held responsible and lose his job.

If he's been left short by Woodward and the board then I feel sorry for the guy as he's basically fighting a losing battle. You wouldn't send a boxer into a fight with one of his arms tied behind his back.
They shot Ole in the legs then asked him to run a marathon, to use a crap metaphor.

The Squad wasn't fit for purpose at the end of the window, 3 or 4 injuries to key players and we look a lower midtable side.

Alemar

We could have played them, we'd have still lost though.
But we lost without, and it wasn't an unlucky loss - it was a well deserved result. OGS could have stopped being polite and openly say that he discontinues playing Matic, Mata, Young and others due to them being shite.

R'hllor

People were laughing at Chelsea and Lampard after first game. Its fecked up when you cant see further than your nose can reach.

There are thing i like whats he is done but have few issues with him also. Some of them are big ones.

Triple.Threat

Championship level manager who ain't going to turn anything around. No clear game-plan, ideas, and lightweight in all departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.