Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

I think you're the one that needs to wake up actually.

Thinking Lingard would improve Norwich is a joke :lol: what's he going to improve, their dance skills?

Pukki is a more natural goalscorer than anybody in our team bar Martial. He's scored more goals in his career than Rashford in a calandar year :lol:

People like you are just very naive and think managers have some magical tactical book that'll transform an average player into a superstar. What a joke.

Our squad is way under par.

The fact Dan James has come in and scored/assisted more than Lingard/Pereira has instantly shows exactly how bad things are right now.
I’m naive. Your telling me an average player can’t get into an average team? Maybe you need to wake up!!

David Healy was a natural goalscorer to. You going to tell me he’d be better than what we have? Maybe we should get Callum Wilson too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m naive. Your telling me an average player can’t get into an average team? Maybe you need to wake up!!
Cantwell has scored and assisted more in 1 month in a promoted team, than Lingard has in 18. PLAYING FOR A TOP 6 CLUB :confused:

He runs around a lot though finding space so its acceptable right?

Greck

Coaching seems to be this week's buzzword. The answer to all our problems.
How can coaching be a 'buzzword' on a football forum especially in a discussion thread about a manager. That's like 80% of the role

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

David Healy was a natural goalscorer to. You going to tell me he’d be better than what we have? Maybe we should get Callum Wilson too.
I'd take Cantwell over Lingard, Buendía is also a good player. He probbably replaces someone like Steipemann but it depends on what the manager wants to do.

Mainoldo

Cantwell has scored and assisted more in 1 month in a promoted team, than Lingard has in 18. PLAYING FOR A TOP 6 CLUB :confused:

He runs around a lot though finding space so its acceptable right?
So what. I mean your talking like players from championship have never done this before. We are talking about stats. If Lingard was playing for Norwich he’d be a starter. He’d probably have more goals and assists to as they have a playing philosophy. He’s not the best but he’s far better than not being good enough to play for Norwich. Some people on here chat so much crap. Next you’ll be telling me your mate at Powerleague is better than Rashford he scores 7 goals a game.

Mainoldo

I'd take Cantwell over Lingard, Buendía is also a good player. He probbably replaces someone like Steipemann but it depends on what the manager wants to do.
I’m not doubting there quality. I’m just trying to point out certain levels in football and how good systems can bring out better performances from players.

Crashoutcassius

Fairplay to Woodward with the strong backing of Ole.

The last thing you want to see at this stage is the club thinking of changing approach for the 3rd or 4th time in 6 years.

I'm sure his hand will be forced if results are bad enough with half the season or 3 quarters of the season gone, but glad now we have learned a bit from the past and can try stick with something mid season.

Hopefully the players get the message too that downing tools will see them out the door this time around

AshRK

I think Jose would still be managing us had he not continuously moaned and whined. Not saying he was wrong but it was clear his and the board's relationship went south. The basic problem I have with sacking Ole right now is even the new manager , even that be Poch would struggle to get something amazing from this lot. We may look great initially but will be back to square one the moment we lose couple. People love to change narratives by saying how well Klopp was the moment he took over the job. Truth is he wasnt great, but he was lucky eh was managing Liverpool where the pressure is much less than managing United. Apart from getting some decent results against the big teams and his europa run their football was listless that season. No identity and no cohesion. DO you think our fans will take that this season if we end up finishing 6th with Poch.

As painful as it may sound our rebuilding process will take time with or without Ole. And I will not sack Ole till we have a proper manager available. I don't want to sack ole and appoint another temporary manager without any direction. The truth could be the club has accepted this season is a write off and are willing to give Ole one more season. Now that may backfire big time but it may also leave us in a better position for the next manager to take over.

El Zoido

It’s the same old cycle. Fans have zero patience and it’s wearisome.

- sack Ole
- new manager comes in and wants to do his own thing
- sells players he doesn’t want
- isn’t given funds to purchase the 6,7+ players he needs in one window
- goes in to season with key positions not filled
- results are inconsistent, we’re easy to beat because our weaknesses are obvious
- fans call for the managers head
- return to the first step

It’s little wonder we fail.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s the same old cycle. Fans have zero patience and it’s wearisome.

- sack Ole
- new manager comes in and wants to do his own thing
- sells players he doesn’t want
- isn’t given funds to purchase the 6,7+ players he needs in one window
- goes in to season with key positions not filled
- results are inconsistent, we’re easy to beat because our weaknesses are obvious
- fans call for the managers head
- return to the first step

It’s little wonder we fail.
On the pitch, what is Ole's thing? We all get his vision for the club, he's got the right idea there I feel, but what on the pitch have you seen from him to suggest he's got a thing?

UncleBob

I think it is bizarre that once again we are discussing a Utd manager being sacked mid season. Moyes & Jose were both let go before the season fixtures were completed, arguably LVG was let go mid-season as well, because we all knew it was coming well before the season end. Now we're discussing Ole joining the list.

Is this what we've become now? And what good managers are generally available for new jobs mid-season? If Ole does go are we once again going to have a 'temporary' manager who then gets a run of good results to become the 'permanent' manager, only to then not kick-on and we're back at square 1?

Club is a fecking shambles at the moment and it's time we held Woodward to account.
Mostly by morons, though.

haram

People wondering why people have lost patience with a bad manager. He managed Molde and Cardiff.

El Zoido

On the pitch, what is Ole's thing? We all get his vision for the club, he's got the right idea there I feel, but what on the pitch have you seen from him to suggest he's got a thing?
We’ve seen worse football with better players. I’m not hugely impressed by him but I don’t believe any manager is going to make the difference we want. We need to spend well, over multiple transfer windows, and despite the on-pitch performances, I’ve been impressed by Ole’s transfer strategy. I would not want another manager to come in and tear everything up again already. Personally I really do believe we’re only a couple of players away from being a much better side. Not title-winning, but better.

Mainoldo

We’ve seen worse football with better players. I’m not hugely impressed by him but I don’t believe any manager is going to make the difference we want. We need to spend well, over multiple transfer windows, and despite the on-pitch performances, I’ve been impressed by Ole’s transfer strategy. I would not want another manager to come in and tear everything up again already. Personally I really do believe we’re only a couple of players away from being a much better side. Not title-winning, but better.
Why do you assume that ‘other’ mangers don’t like good players? What are you expecting the new manager to do? Decide that Phil Jones is better than Maguire? If he does he needs the sack too. You’re assuming the unreasonable.

ash_86

Yes this is where i am too. Not thoroughly impressed with what i'm seeing but impressed enough to know the transfers he made are having a good impact on the team. I'd give him one more season to bring 3-4 more players in to see if our play and results takes a positive turn.

Judas

Open to offers
Yes this is where i am too. Not thoroughly impressed with what i'm seeing but impressed enough to know the transfers he made are having a good impact on the team. I'd give him one more season to bring 3-4 more players in to see if our play and results takes a positive turn.
But knowing that us finishing midtable will without a doubt have a damaging influence on the sort of players we can attract? People can kiss good bye to Sancho and players of that level if we finish mid table, continue to look hopeless and have Ole in charge.

haram

Really what is that great about him buying AWB and Maguire for 130 million. Credit for James but even then it is very early.

peridigm

Are people really ready for Ole to be sacked? A this point, short of United on the verge of relegation, I'd rather stick with him because we know any new manager that comes in with the current squad and transfer policies is going to have the same problems. Yes, there will be ins and outs but we can't refresh the entire squad in one or two windows. I feel Ole warrants more leeway in that regard than someone like Jose. We knew Jose' past and it was just a matter of time before he had his 3rd year meltdown. Jose doesn't care about Manchester United but Ole does. If it's apparent after 2 seasons we are not improving on the pitch and off, then maybe it will be time to consider an alternate. As it stands now, no manager is going to give us instant results and win the title. As painful as it is, fans need to accept that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
But knowing that us finishing midtable will without a doubt have a damaging influence on the sort of players we can attract? People can kiss good bye to Sancho and players of that level if we finish mid table, continue to look hopeless and have Ole in charge.
The fact that people can't seem to get their heads round that. Sacho will not leave Dortmund for a midtable Manchester United, why would he? The prestige? Pull the other one. Why would Maddison come to a midtable Manchester United from a possible midtable Leicester City? Because we are the mighty Manchester United? That has not been the case for years and people better realise it.

Judas

Open to offers
Really what is that great about him buying AWB and Maguire for 130 million. Credit for James but even then it is very early.
What's so great about them? The fact we actually made those signings for a start. We've failed to make good signing in needed areas so often, seems a bit weird to ask "what is that great".

bleedred

So you think, no manager would have gotten a result against Palace, S'oton and West ham with this squad?. I am sorry, that's delusional.

This is the same problem that lead to Jose getting the sack. We can accept if we are terrible against City or Liverpool. But we are struggling against teams with squads inferior to ours.I don't see how getting a couple of players are going to make a difference. He had couple more of those players towards the end of last season and still abysmal, both in performance and results. If he is a good manager, irrespective of the quality of players, he has to get his tactics across and all we have done so far in this season is press for 30 mins and tire off.

I am all for giving manager the time and for that we have to see progress made. Even discounting the terrible run at the end of the season, you have to agree that given the fixtures we have had, he has been well short of expectations, in both results and performance.

Its all well and good saying his transfer strategy is fine, but its completely useless if he cannot get them to perform on field. For having strengthened the defense this season, we have just two clean sheets in the league.

Judas

Open to offers
The fact that people can't seem to get their heads round that. Sacho will not leave Dortmund for a midtable Manchester United, why would he? The prestige? Pull the other one. Why would Maddison come to a midtable Manchester United from a possible midtable Leicester City? Because we are the mighty Manchester United? That has not been the case for years and people better realise it.
Exactly. When we'd only just started this slump and had managers who were very respected we could pull a rabbit out of the hat and make Pogba level signings, we're still very rich, but beyond that? The allure of this club is crumbling more and more. People still think we can attract players because of who we used to be, not who we are now. Maybe with a world class or potential world class manager in charge we could attract top talents, managers with a track record and a vision, something players could believe in.

haram

What's so great about them? The fact we actually made those signings for a start. We've failed to make good signing in needed areas so often, seems a bit weird to ask "what is that great".
Most people on this forum could have told you how good AWB was defensively or that Maguire should be a top target.

Greck

This is the catch 22

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Are people really ready for Ole to be sacked? A this point, short of United on the verge of relegation, I'd rather stick with him because we know any new manager that comes in with the current squad and transfer policies is going to have the same problems. Yes, there will be ins and outs but we can't refresh the entire squad in one or two windows. I feel Ole warrants more leeway in that regard than someone like Jose. We knew Jose' past and it was just a matter of time before he had his 3rd year meltdown. Jose doesn't care about Manchester United but Ole does. If it's apparent after 2 seasons we are not improving on the pitch and off, then maybe it will be time to consider an alternate. As it stands now, no manager is going to give us instant results and win the title. As painful as it is, fans need to accept that.
I am not sure it would be sensible to sack him yet, but he has got to realise that results really need to improve. Managers do not get years now, unless they are successful. Football is a different creature nowadays. If results go downhill even more then we might not have a choice. Would I blame Ole? No. Like Simon Jordan said on Talksport this morning, this is all Ed Woodward's fault, from wrong managerial choices to going back on his due diligence and giving Ole the job when it would have made sense to wait until the end of the season.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't put any blame at Ole's feet for this, I don't blame him for taking this job or hanging onto it as long as possible, it's his dream job. It's not his fault he was madly and wrongly given it.

bleedred

Instant results doesn't mean a title, just not to lose against the likes of palace at home. Its not that big of an expectation. Its not like its an one off result. Every team fancy their chances against us.

Judas

Open to offers
Our expectations aren't even that high anymore, we're not even talking about challenging for the title on here now, we're desperate just to look like a potential top 4 side, the bar is the lowest its been in decades.

Alabaster Codify7

I think it is bizarre that once again we are discussing a Utd manager being sacked mid season. Moyes & Jose were both let go before the season fixtures were completed, arguably LVG was let go mid-season as well, because we all knew it was coming well before the season end. Now we're discussing Ole joining the list.

Is this what we've become now? And what good managers are generally available for new jobs mid-season? If Ole does go are we once again going to have a 'temporary' manager who then gets a run of good results to become the 'permanent' manager, only to then not kick-on and we're back at square 1?

Club is a fecking shambles at the moment and it's time we held Woodward to account.
Yes this is exactly what we've become and will continue to be. Time to face up,be adults and smell the coffee - the real problem is the board. They don't have onfield ambition, just aim for top four and keep the money rolling in.

The manager and the squad are big problems. Pep wouldn't fecking touch the title with this squad, he'd be lucky to get 3rd. Likewise though, I honestly don't think someone like Big Sam would do much worse than 8th with this squad. The football would be rancid but with this squad, he'd do little to no worse than what we've seen from Ole since he became permanent.

So both are at fault,squad and manager. But both are a distraction from the main problem.....the thing hamstringing both

People are fecking children if they think someone like Sancho would even entertain this club right now.

ash_86

I'd love for us to get Sancho but even if we do make it to 4th it's still a long shot. He'd have plethora of clubs like Real and Barca and Pool to choose. Also there are plenty of gems playing for the lower clubs that would instantly improve us . Livepool bought Mane , Firmino et all when they had no champions league . I think what we are doing is positioning ourselves to becoming better in the long run. We are buying young talents for both first team and Academy that are knocking the doors of the first team . I don't think Ole is the guy that would take us to top but he's the fall guy for us that can help us turn the course of the ship and get the squad young and hungry for our next appointment to just come in and make use of it. Ole wouldn't put pressure to buy overpaid super stars as he wouldn't want instant success unlike someone like Allagri if we bring him in.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Because they are both top players, proven in this league. Both good ages and should have long and loyal careers here. James too. It is very early for all 3 players but it was money well spent IMO. Yes, Maguire and AWB were expensive but neither of their former clubs wanted to let their best players go.

Wolff

I don't put any blame at Ole's feet for this, I don't blame him for taking this job or hanging onto it as long as possible, it's his dream job. It's not his fault he was madly and wrongly given it.
I think this is the kind of fan Gordon Hill is referring to as “making him sick to the stomac”

As to another embarrassing post Enigma87, I will respond later this evening when I get the time.. Next time, try to read a post before responding.

cringe..

Judas

Open to offers
I think this is the kind of fan Gordon Hill is referring to as “making him sick to the stomac”

As to another embarrassing post Enigma87, I will respond later this evening when I get the time.. Next time, try to read a post before responding.

cringe..
After having the misfortune of seeing your posts over the last few days, I don't think you're in any position to make claims about other people making embarrassing posts.

Wolff

After having the misfortune of seeing your posts over the last few days, I don't think you're in any position to make claims about other people making embarrassing posts.
I think I am. And saying the same things as most football people. Hill is one, referring to posters just as yourself, and saying type of fan the club can do without. Schmeichel is another. And there are loads. Post like the one you posted are just embarrassing..

crossy1686

career ending
He might have methods that are just too complex for the current set of players to fulfil so we have to resort to using the only asset we have, which is pace up front. We won't know until we sign at least 5 new first team players to replace the shit we've currently got.

Status
Not open for further replies.