Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

Based on what? I just don't understand what anyone has seen to suggest he should get what you're suggesting, 5-6 years? We're seeing nothing on the pitch to suggest he's the right man. The right managers should get time, 100%, managers with proven track records of what we're after especially, Ole doesn't have that.
I think he’s doing something right.

What's so great about them? The fact we actually made those signings for a start. We've failed to make good signing in needed areas so often, seems a bit weird to ask "what is that great".
Oh look, you agree.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
So Ole is as good as Jose with a weaker team? One very clear denominator in all this...
Depends on how you want to spin it. Ole is as shit as Jose was with that side after spending £150m on new players this summer.

Also, keep in mind that he was sacked on back of that run.

were Joses 27 games all in the meltdown season? He had given up by then aswell at war with the board
It includes 3 games at the end of 2017-18 season. Watford (W), West Ham (D), Brighton (L)

I think Jose would still be managing us had he not continuously moaned and whined. Not saying he was wrong but it was clear his and the board's relationship went south. The basic problem I have with sacking Ole right now is even the new manager , even that be Poch would struggle to get something amazing from this lot. We may look great initially but will be back to square one the moment we lose couple. People love to change narratives by saying how well Klopp was the moment he took over the job. Truth is he wasnt great, but he was lucky eh was managing Liverpool where the pressure is much less than managing United. Apart from getting some decent results against the big teams and his europa run their football was listless that season. No identity and no cohesion. DO you think our fans will take that this season if we end up finishing 6th with Poch.

As painful as it may sound our rebuilding process will take time with or without Ole. And I will not sack Ole till we have a proper manager available. I don't want to sack ole and appoint another temporary manager without any direction. The truth could be the club has accepted this season is a write off and are willing to give Ole one more season. Now that may backfire big time but it may also leave us in a better position for the next manager to take over.
Mate, this is exactly what I wrote last Sunday. There's no logical sense in sacking Ole because no new manager is going to do much with a threadbare squad he has assembled.

Also, I think fans would definitely support/back Ole if an identity of football starts appearing on the pitch. Good portion of our fanbase are judging our performances over results. Hence, the bar for Ole to clear is very low but he isn't even able to do that.

I think I am. And saying the same things as most football people. Hill is one, referring to posters just as yourself, and saying type of fan the club can do without. Schmeichel is another. And there are loads. Post like the one you posted are just embarrassing..
There are ways to engage in a discussion without being a condescending dickhead to everyone who doesn't agree with you. Your rude and abrasive tone isn't gonna bear any fruit on this forum if at every turn all you can write is 'embarrassing post' for folks having an alternate viewpoint to you.

Last edited:

Craig Ward

But knowing that us finishing midtable will without a doubt have a damaging influence on the sort of players we can attract? People can kiss good bye to Sancho and players of that level if we finish mid table, continue to look hopeless and have Ole in charge.
Sacking managers and changing the direction of the club is why we are in the situation we are already.

Moyes, LVG, Jose and now Ole have both been given massive amounts of money and all 4 managers all have a different playing style and philosophy.

Sacking Ole now is just braindead logic that will set us back another season.

What Ole needs is time. He still has dross that Fergie had!

I've made the point over several threads that there is simply to much of a squad overhaul for 1/2 windows. Ole is also the first manager who looks to have a transfer philosophy with his targets.

Look at the players who offered us nothing that have left after ONE window under Ole.

He's made 3 signings, all great positive signings and all with one eye on now and long term.

Ole is currently facing a poor run of form, nothing different to other managers have encountered. The solution? Keep selling. Its clear the squad has issues, players have been there too long and are too comfortable. Over the next 2 windows we need to move on matic/young/Lingard/jones/mata. Our dressing room must be SO complacent because really, they've just laboured around not even trying for years! Ole needs time to sort the squad and a big part of that is changing the attitude of players at the club. Our players have already proven without doubt that the majority just do not want to put the effort in.

If we sack Ole too soon, its back to the drawing board. We will look good under a new manager for 5>10 games and then the players will revert back to putting in god awful performances and get the next manager sacked as well. Our players, on the whole are a disgrace and 100% to blame for our poor form over the last 3-4 seasons.

JPB

There we go. That picture says it all. After 4 different managers I think it's safe to say, that it's the players who are all utterly useless and not the manager. We need to sell the lot. Just keep Martial, James, De Gea, Pogba Maguire and Wall Bissaka. Send rest to MLS or some other place far away.

Alabaster Codify7

He might have methods that are just too complex for the current set of players to fulfil so we have to resort to using the only asset we have, which is pace up front. We won't know until we sign at least 5 new first team players to replace the shit we've currently got.
So 2-3yrs then?
We won't sign those 5 next summer it'll take 2yrs. And within that time, we lose Pogba,Martial maybe others so the number continues to stay at 5 to make a difference. See a pattern here? This is something Everton fans could say and continue to say each summer. "Five signings and we're contenders".

Enigma_87

You know who
I think this is the kind of fan Gordon Hill is referring to as “making him sick to the stomac”

As to another embarrassing post Enigma87, I will respond later this evening when I get the time.. Next time, try to read a post before responding.

cringe..
There’s a reason why you are still a newbie and insulting people left right and center is not likely to change that.

There’s a way to get your point across without calling everybody else idiot.

Not sure how you evaded warnings so far from the mods.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I was prepared to give him more time, but let's be honest there are so many red flags. Why didn't we wait til the end of the season to make an appointment?! So dumb. Honestly there's been some fatal mistakes and aside from a positive start everything has tanked. Without Martial and Pogba we have no clue. When you factor in that Ole was in charge when Cardiff were relegated and he was on the way to getting them relegated from the championship it really doesn't look promising. Not replacing Lukaku is beyond the pale and I genuinely thought he was OK with that, because if he really realised what it would mean as soon as injury prone Martial got injured then he would have done everything in his power to stop him leaving.

From where I'm sitting it definitely seems like the 'Give Ole time' side of the fence are by far the more hysterical about it. We'd all love him to do well, but logical head based decision is probably give him til Christmas, if not before.

haram

He might have methods that are just too complex for the current set of players to fulfil so we have to resort to using the only asset we have, which is pace up front. We won't know until we sign at least 5 new first team players to replace the shit we've currently got.
:lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
By that time players like Pogba won’t stay around. Hell even James and AWB would opt for a transfer and they are the players we’re supposedly building around.

Why would any top players stick around when we wander mid table?

You say he needs about half a team to get his point across but why should our better players stay during that time and won’t we be in constant rebuild replacing the players that are doing well but want to challenge for titles and we can’t give them that?

Even the best managers are usually 50-50 in terms of successful buys - you reckon the next 5 players we buy will all be successful?

Alabaster Codify7

There’s a reason why you are still a newbie and insulting people left right and center is not likely to change that.

There’s a way to get your point across without calling everybody else idiot.

Not sure how you evaded warnings so far from the mods.
Easy. He's pro,not negative. He's being a topred/toeing the party line albeit offensively. Still,gets more leeway than the opposite

Kurton

Coaching seems to be this week's buzzword. The answer to all our problems.
It's the observation of people who watch the game. It's more than obvious to anyone who sees us that we play as if our players met up on the ground for the first time and just decide to have a kick around. It's clear to see that the moves are not practiced at all in the training and that is part of coaching.

crossy1686

career ending
So 2-3yrs then?
We won't sign those 5 next summer it'll take 2yrs. And within that time, we lose Pogba,Martial maybe others so the number continues to stay at 5 to make a difference. See a pattern here? This is something Everton fans could say and continue to say each summer. "Five signings and we're contenders".
Klopp and Pochettino got three years. I don't think Ole will get that but we won't see any squad improvement if we keep sacking managers every year or two.

romufc

It baffles me when people post things without context.

You could say quite alot of those 14 defeats were Jose's team. You are comparing Jose in his 3rd year when he should have had his principles in the team to Ole where the season has just started?

crossy1686

career ending
By that time players like Pogba won’t stay around. Hell even James and AWB would opt for a transfer and they are the players we’re supposedly building around.

Why would any top players stick around when we wander mid table?

You say he needs about half a team to get his point across but why should our better players stay during that time and won’t we be in constant rebuild replacing the players that are doing well but want to challenge for titles and we can’t give them that?

Even the best managers are usually 50-50 in terms of successful buys - you reckon the next 5 players we buy will all be successful?
You can't say that Solskjaer hasn't bought better than any manager post Fergie, there's no reason not to trust him with a rebuild at this point. The three players brought in are better than what we've already got in the squad also, which speaks volumes.

The players we signed this year will be well aware of the situation they've moved into. There's a lot riding on next summer's window and with a year to run at it there is zero excuses for not getting the players in we need to.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Klopp and Pochettino got three years. I don't think Ole will get that but we won't see any squad improvement if we keep sacking managers every year or two.
Klopp had bought himself so much credit from what he did with Dortmund. Poch was great for saints and he also improved Spurs very quickly. Ole has neither of these things going for him, sadly.

crossy1686

career ending
Our expectations aren't even that high anymore, we're not even talking about challenging for the title on here now, we're desperate just to look like a potential top 4 side, the bar is the lowest its been in decades.
No.

This is being realistic. It would be RAWK-esque to even consider this year to be 'our year'. That's not a drop in expectations, that's the reality of the situation. Any talk of PL titles anytime soon would be laughed at.

OrcaFat

So 2-3yrs then?
3 years is probably the minimum it will take. Klopp is in his 5th (if I’m right) season. It took City, and Chelsea before that, several years to go from top 6 territory to winners (both with heavy investment).

frookydinho

I know its been said but to have four consecutive managers all failing shows that chopping and changing managers is going to do sweet F All. We have to stand with Ole and stand against the board.

Enigma_87

You know who
You can't say that Solskjaer hasn't bought better than any manager post Fergie, there's no reason not to trust him with a rebuild at this point. The three players brought in are better than what we've already got in the squad also, which speaks volumes.

The players we signed this year will be well aware of the situation they've moved into. There's a lot riding on next summer's window and with a year to run at it there is zero excuses for not getting the players in we need to.
That's a bit premature. Even Matic looked good for half a season. Those three players he brought have played handful of games. James can stall in his development (look at Martial and Rashford), AWB might get injured(seriously hoping no) like Shaw and never be the same again. Maguire was our target last Summer so not really some unknown quantity but still he can't be labeled success yet.

Players being aware of the situation doesn't mean they won't want to step up and move to different club if we continue to not give them CL. Rebuild should not be at the cost of midtable mediocrity.

Those three players still needed to be guided and coached and considering the state of our coaching team they will most likely stall just like Martial and Rashford.

We need better manager, DoF and better coaches to get out of the mess. We can't expect to bring in new players that will solve all our problems.

el3mel

You can't say that Solskjaer hasn't bought better than any manager post Fergie,
What's that based on ? Handful of games for the new comers ? You can literally point out to the first month of each new signing in every one of our last 6 summer markets and you'll find that they were great too. Darmian won POTM in his first month here.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I know its been said but to have four consecutive managers all failing shows that chopping and changing managers is going to do sweet F All. We have to stand with Ole and stand against the board.
Why put all your time and energy behind a bloke whose the least experienced of all of them? Illogical.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Klopp got time because progress was visible to their fans and the board plus he had pedigree to be trusted with time and money. Same applies for Pochettino, he improved Southampton and was able to improve Spurs slowly and gradually. If Ole shows progress as the season unfolds, he should definitely be given time.

Judas

Open to offers
Klopp got time because progress was visible to their fans and the board plus he had pedigree to be trusted with time and money. Same applies for Pochettino, he improved Southampton and was able to improve Spurs slowly and gradually. If Ole shows progress as the season unfolds, he should definitely be given time.
This I agree with. If progress is obvious, then you keep the faith. But its the blind faith I don't agree with.

Enigma_87

You know who
Easy. He's pro,not negative. He's being a topred/toeing the party line albeit offensively. Still,gets more leeway than the opposite
Yeah mind boggling.

Just look at some of his posts:

And you don’t even feel embarrassed writing this? You don’t even cringe?
Most of you? A few idiots, yes. Who wouldn’t recognize a football if it hit you in the back of the head.
There are a lot of good posters here. But there are lots of loud wannabes. Lots. With no knowledge or loyalty.
Its not easy trying to do so with five post a day, and how in hell are you going to debate idiot statements like this?

No mate, there are so many cringeworthy posts here that it is embarrassing thinking other clubs fans would read it.
Agree. Idiot post! It is what he got, and I don’t think this is a game playing to many kids. Not even Fred.
Surely you can’t be a football fan and understand as little about it as this!!??
more leeway is putting it mildly.

Greck

You could use this kind of bland argument to give the tea lady more time if she were our manager. It says nothing about the abilities of the current

Rafaeldagold

It baffles me when people post things without context.

You could say quite alot of those 14 defeats were Jose's team. You are comparing Jose in his 3rd year when he should have had his principles in the team to Ole where the season has just started?
Ole has had long enough to start implementing a style & to see progress.

None of that has happened. We look clueless- what on earth did Ole coach them in the week to the West Ham game? We had nothing

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not a bad question in the grand scheme of things. This is my biggest worry. it isn't the results as such. It is the complete lack of evidence of what is being worked on in training.
The fact that most of them had not played on the Thursday, they had even longer to work on tactics in training.

Mainoldo

That’s true and for the love of god I wished Liverpool had took that principle with Rodgers. Kmt.

romufc

Ole has had long enough to start implementing a style & to see progress.

None of that has happened. We look clueless- what on earth did Ole coach them in the week to the West Ham game? We had nothing
I agree that we looked completely toothless but we looked toothless after 2 years of Jose, so what did he coach?

I think Ole is slightly deluded, he thinks having possession not creating much and the opponent not creating is having the game under control. If you listen to McTominay's interview post match he mentioned how "we were in control in the first 20-25 mins", as a coach if your player thinks that is control, there is something wrong going on.

This is United, we should be coming all guns blazing, not giving the opponent a minute on the ball.

momo83

Massive Snowflake

It’s only about players. Then I suppose Liverpool would be exactly where they are if Roy Hodgson was in charge over the past 4 years.

FerociousCorgis

thats like saying youve dated 4 crap girls in a row so no matter what you are going to marry this next one. Just means you found 5 crap girls in a row.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Exactly. This is what people don’t understand but it’s clear as light even just by looking at all the people who think Ole is doing well and deserves time... everything is about “Ole has a vision” “Ole wants the right type of players” “but Poch and Klopp had time... so why not Ole ”

Nothing
said to justify giving him time is actually about on the pitch improvements in regards to noticing a style and pattern of play emerging.

His been manager since December, if he had a style of play, and was a good coach/manager . We’d start to see it by now.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Can anyone tell me what is Ole philosophy? Pep plays possession football, Klopp plays high pressing attacking football and other. What is Ole style of football? Does anyone really know? He knows he needs a strong defence and went to buy 2 defenders. We have our back 5 include De Gea. He bought James who is another left winger who deploy on the left. Do we really need another left winger especially a young one still learning and improving? Right side hasn't been address and AWB can't cross the ball well. Haven't our scouting report say so. Sorry, I don't know what is his game plan. What is his "philosophy"? Anyway, he has not improve the players or team. That's my main concern. He can take so much time as he wants but we need to be able to see his vision which is lacking today.

Status
Not open for further replies.