Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Tricky European away game - and he won.

Along with taking points from Liverpool (albeit at home) - he can't be criticized for these games imo.

This is his job, hopefully he can keep winning and win me over!

fergiesarmy1

Along with taking points from Liverpool (albeit at home) - he can't be criticized for these games imo.

Bingo, a good week and everyone is going crazy.

Could you imagine if we’d lost both :nervous:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Agreed, your taking about releasing the hand brakes.

I’m sure he will once he has a fully fit team, do you really think he wants united to be playing this way or anyone would take it long term?
Of course i don't believe he wants this ideally, but it's been his mentality for a good while now.

Every setback we suffer in matches, we are always quick to retreat into our shells, park the bus etc. I know that i felt a clear shift for the worse in his approach when he was appointed permanently. Ever since, he's been ultra conservative and cautious in matches. For a manager who supposedly wants to attack, it's strange to me.

You say this will change once he gets players back from injury, well i hope you're right.

fergiesarmy1

Of course i don't believe he wants this ideally, but it's been his mentality for a good while now.

Every setback we suffer in matches, we are always quick to retreat into our shells, park the bus etc. I know that i felt a clear shift for the worse in his approach when he was appointed permanently. Ever since, he's been ultra conservative and cautious in matches. For a manager who supposedly wants to attack, it's strange to me.

You say this will change once he gets players back from injury, well i hope you're right.
I don’t find it that strange as I think given our position and the undoubted pressure he is under results are going to come first for a while.

Anyway we don’t have the players for it regardless who is in charge.

ash_86

This is all there is to be said really.

AFC NimbleThumb

Any manager still starting Juan Mata deserves an immediate dismissal.

Apparently we’re in a youth movement. . .

Robbie Boy

Yup. Win = Ole; lose = the players.

Ole and Jose fans are just the same as each other.
They’re identical. Funny seeing some of the Jose fan boys get frustrated with the Ole fan boys. They were a mirror image of them this time last year. The irony is hilarious. Both have spouted utter bollox and said anything to defend these inept managers.

Mainoldo

You people will lap up anything. This guy is the worse manager I’ve seen since Liverpool gave Kenny Dalglish another crack at the whip. It’s an embarrassment and Woody is just pulling on the heartstrings of you top reds.

It’s actually quite funny. The guy you hate the most represents all your beliefs.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Why are you expecting that, we are transitioning now from the disaster both those clowns left. Your not going to see great football anytime soon whether it’s Ole, the great ideas to replace him temporarily with his assistants or bringing in some negative Italian manager for a few years.
I disagree. If a manager has a style of play and is a good enough coach it usually takes 2-3 months for his style of play to become apparent. Look at Biesla at Leeds.

fergiesarmy1

I disagree. If a manager has a style of play and is a good enough coach it usually takes 2-3 months for his style of play to become apparent. Look at Biesla at Leeds.
What about the shite from three manager closer to home?

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm not entirely sure how anybody can defend yet another match where we have 0 shots on target (bar the penalty in this case). It's not one off, it's yet another match like this.

Robbie Boy

Klopp at Liverpool, Rodgers at Liverpool etc. Agenda driven posters tend to make stuff up, unfortunately.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I hope he doesn't give any chance to Greenwood or Gomes or Williams. Ole has absolutely no clue on how to improvise the play. So cant even think how can he handle young kids game.

bleedred

People expecting half decent, let alone good football once we have the “full squad” back are in for a lot of disappointment.

This is the best we are going to get, irrespective of the players on the field. So, I won’t complain much about the win today. I have just come to acceptance, as long as we win, however ugly it might be, just take it and move on.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm not entirely sure how anybody can defend yet another match where we have 0 shots on target (bar the penalty in this case). It's not one off, it's yet another match like this.
3 points, third European clean sheet. Kid at LWB, kid at CM. Rojo, Jones, Mata, Lingard all in the team. Martial starting his first game in eight weeks and looking rusty. It was horrific viewing but in the end job done. I don't get why people are losing their marbles over this game. I'm not saying they should enjoy the result but there's no harm putting the pitchforks down for one night.

fergiesarmy1

Liverpool were playing rubbish football before they suddenly became title contenders last season?
How many years did he get? Ole hasn’t even had 8 months yet of actual football yet everyone wants him sacked seemingly. It’s fecking disgraceful.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
How many years did he get? Ole hasn’t even had 8 months yet of actual football yet everyone wants him sacked seemingly. It’s fecking disgraceful.
I’m sure if we saw a style of play, saw leadership qualities in his presser’s, saw good in game management decisions, saw our players progressing over the past 10 months and results were still exactly as they are now most people would be more then happy to give him time.

markhughes

3 points, third European clean sheet. Kid at LWB, kid at CM. Rojo, Jones, Mata, Lingard all in the team. Martial starting his first game in eight weeks and looking rusty. It was horrific viewing but in the end job done. I don't get why people are losing their marbles over this game. I'm not saying they should enjoy the result but there's no harm putting the pitchforks down for one night.
Outrageous, how dare you post this well balanced and logical post!?

I couldn't agree more with your assessment.

fergiesarmy1

I’m sure if we saw a style of play, saw leadership qualities in his presser’s, saw good in game management decisions, saw our players progressing over the past 10 months and results were still exactly as they are now most people would be more then happy to give him time.
So we have to count the 2 month summer break to make the argument?

His pressers are mostly positive, much more that the previous clowns.

Style of play, he’s done the dirty work of cleaning out the trash leaving him short of players doubled down by the 2 most talented taking sick pay for most of the season. We’re lucky we’ve only lost 3 games this season.

fergiesarmy1

Exactly, I thought everyone could get behind this point of view for one game at least.

Revaulx

I was a Jose out extremist so doesn’t really fit your narrative.
Well:
They’re identical. Funny seeing some of the Jose fan boys get frustrated with the Ole fan boys. They were a mirror image of them this time last year. The irony is hilarious. Both have spouted utter bollox and said anything to defend these inept managers.
I haven’t got a narrative. As a former moderate Jose-outer and current moderate Ole-outer it’s been interesting to witness Ole’s fans using methods of defending him that are identical to those used by Jose’s fans not that long ago.

I actually find the Ole fans a lot easier to cope with. The fact that he’s a legend and United through and through clearly means a lot to some people, though to me he’s no more a legend than Johnny Aston. The emotional energy some obviously sincere and genuine United fans expended on supine adoration of Jose was just out and out weird.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So we have to count the 2 month summer break to make the argument?

His pressers are mostly positive, much more that the previous clowns.

Style of play, he’s done the dirty work of cleaning out the trash leaving him short of players doubled down by the 2 most talented taking sick pay for most of the season. We’re lucky we’ve only lost 3 games this season.
Well pre season is when people tend to focus on tactics. The two month breaks is when, competent, managers plan

Cardozo

These are tough times.

I see potential in the team though. A left back and solid defensive midfielder and a temporary old hat striker. I think we’ll be on the up. Hopefully the January sales are going to be kind to us.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Because if it wasn't for that penalty which wasn't going to lead to a goal anyway we would have never scored even if we played for six hours. Zero shots on target again, game after game. Is it the result that matters or the football? I have never seen us play this bad, not even under Moyes. And the only reason he is gets excused for is because he is a United legend which he really isnt any more than Teddy Sheringham, unlike like Scholes Giggs Keane etc.

fergiesarmy1

Well pre season is when people tend to focus on tactics. The two month breaks is when, competent, managers plan
If you can’t see the plan since last season ended I’m not going to discuss football with you anymore.

hobbers

If you can’t see the plan since last season ended I’m not going to discuss football with you anymore.
Defend deep, pass sideways, cede possession often, hope to get long ball opportunities in transitions to James and Rashford. Repeat ad infinitum.

Would be one thing if it was just against Liverpool, but every single game?

Ludens the Red

Yeah it’s mad as he doesn’t even speak English yet he’s managed to turn Leeds from set piece, long ball merchants under Gary Monk to a team who press relentlessly, dominate possession and create a mass of chances every game. All done whilst more or less signing fecking no one. It really does open your eyes to the fact a very good coach with a team of good coaches can get a team functioning as a unit. You don’t need 11 iniestas or twenty five transfer windows to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.