Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Why does this club love torturing us? He should've been sacked ages ago.

He's actually worse than Moyes. David bloody Moyes.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why does this club love torturing us? He should've been sacked ages ago..
Because they continually appoint the wrong managers then drag out their dismissals to avoid the embarrassment of being exposed for appointing the wrong managers. In the meantime, Ed & co hope that results will improve & they can avoid the embarrassing dismissals; such is the 'expertise' of our board - we, and they, rely on mere hope.

FerociousCorgis

I love how people post "3 points in European match" like this is SAF days where we travelled to legit teams and not traaaaashhhh teams from Kazakhstan and Serbia

Yagami

Good post resistant
Because they continually appoint the wrong managers then drag out their dismissals to avoid the embarrassment of being exposed for appointing the wrong managers. In the meantime, Ed & co hope that results will improve & they can avoid the embarrassing dismissals; such is the 'expertise' of our board - we, and they, rely on mere hope.
It's just all so disheartening, isn't it? :(

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because if it wasn't for that penalty which wasn't going to lead to a goal anyway we would have never scored even if we played for six hours. Zero shots on target again, game after game. Is it the result that matters or the football? I have never seen us play this bad, not even under Moyes. And the only reason he is gets excused for is because he is a United legend which he really isnt any more than Teddy Sheringham, unlike like Scholes Giggs Keane etc.
I do wonder what people see in the last 9 months + Summer he's been in charge that give faith he can turn this around. His managerial history certainly isn't to brag on. His football style? his record with us? his coaching? his hidden-gem signings? or because he's been using kids? The later excuse could work if we're competing and not in relegation battle.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Just wait for the results to hit Ed. Ed doesn't care about how the football is played. Ole will sack for his results. Just see how patient is Ed. I am done with Ole, he doesn't even how to maximize players at his disposal. Every game, he put players in position where they cannot influence or struggle. How many sample size does he need to know if it not working? He is as blind as a bat and there is nothing we can do. Sit back, take a deep breath and hope for the best.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Both were pretty shitty at the beginning but got time, so?
Nope. Klopp's tactical influence could be seen very early on. He didn't have results but in the underlying factors he was making progress. With a preseason under his belt Liverpool's attack became scary good. That's management. What Ole is doing is championship level coaching. All he has in the early new manage bump run. Maybe for some that's enough to keep them happy for 5 years.

amolbhatia50k

Just wait for the results to hit Ed. Ed doesn't care about how the football is played. Ole will sack for his results. Just see how patient is Ed. I am done with Ole, he doesn't even how to maximize players at his disposal. Every game, he put players in position where they cannot influence or struggle. How many sample size does he need to know if it not working? He is as blind as a bat and there is nothing we can do. Sit back, take a deep breath and hope for the best.
Were 7 behind 4th. He'll be sacked once we're 12-15 points behind IMO. It's always about top 4 being the minimum requirement under Woodward and once that looks impossible the manager doesn't last long. I do think we'll close the gap slightly and wander aimlessly on the outskirts I.e 6-10th before he gets the sack.

amolbhatia50k

Yep. We sack managers when have to rather than when we need to. One could argue that it's a matter of principal of giving the individual every chance to make it work. But I think you have be intelligent and assured in your decision making rather than rely on emotion, the narrative, random concept of morality etc

Kostur

海尔的老板
3 points, third European clean sheet. Kid at LWB, kid at CM. Rojo, Jones, Mata, Lingard all in the team. Martial starting his first game in eight weeks and looking rusty. It was horrific viewing but in the end job done. I don't get why people are losing their marbles over this game. I'm not saying they should enjoy the result but there's no harm putting the pitchforks down for one night.
Because again, it's not a one off match where you could say 'oh well feck it, the job's done'. It's a recurring theme for us. We're not the only team in the world who plays second string team in the EL and we were not playing Barcelona but Partizan. We didn't manage to get a shot on target bar the penalty. Shot on target. You see how fecking ridiculous it is? We're not even complaining that we didn't dominate them and spank them 4-5 nil which probably should be the case (I mean, the almighty Alkmaar managed to beat shit out of Astana with 6 goals the same night), we're complaining that for yet another match for 90 minutes our players are not able to create (even from a set piece) a moment in the game where they would kick the ball towards the goal which is essentially what this game is about.

I mean if anybody really thinks this is anyhow acceptable then he's quite frankly deluded. There's obviously nothing we can do to impact our team but then don't expect people to join in this mass delusion because it's beyond cringe. Ole's here since December, we're nearing a year of his tenure, there's absolutely nothing that would distinguish his style of play (LVG's football was a shitshow but at least you knew what the principles were, as wrong and boring as they were), don't think there's any player who's made any visible progress under him and we're in a relegation form in the league, not being able to get a shot on target against Partizan.

Ancient Of Days

If you can’t see the plan since last season ended I’m not going to discuss football with you anymore.
The only plan is to counter, rely on pace, effort and hard work. Nothing you or I couldn't have done while producing the same sub level results and archaic plucky underdog kick and rush football

There's nothing more to the plan besides a misguided attempt of recreating a young British Fergie team from 92.

All orchestrated by a manager from nowhere, taking this team nowhere.

If I'm mistaken in my assessment of this plan, you're more than welcome to correct me and explain in depth the true details of this plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sounds like a relegation fodder manager
Someone should remind him that he's not managing Molde anymore but Manchester United. Also we were playing against Partizan not Real Madrid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah, it’s not like we’ve never narrowly beaten someone we should have hammered before...

It’s like Twitter this place now. Brainless goons everywhere.
every team has a bad day at the office. However in our case its been months.

Needham

Else you can watch this image. It basically illustrates most of our problems.

Agreed. "XGD" what the feck is that? Think Klopp spends much of his free time analyzing it? Nope. Uses it to go to church apparently. I'm at the point where I'd force the whole squad to go worship something somewhere together, get a little Thin Lizzy into their gastric pappa nodes.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Oh i understand what you mean. Yeah you're right, the EL performances, you can give him some leeway sure but the very defensive setups and scared mentality we show regardless of opponent deeply alarms me.

Ole changed and become extremely conservative the moment he got the permanent job to me. He went from not caring about the safety of his job to being extremely conscious of it. The slightest thing goes against the team and we become scared and retreat into our shell. It's strange how he got this reputation of being an attacking manager when the performances show the complete opposite.

In his current scared mentality, i don't see how he can turn it around. Watching the matches, it's like he's lost all hope and belief in himself to be honest. I wish he would realise if he carries on this way, he's going to inevitably get sacked, so i do wish he would just embrace it and go for it instead.
That sums it up to me. I don't think he thought he had a chance of getting the job, that he was just the interim manager. He also knows he will never get a job like this again and is desperate to hold onto it.

Alabaster Codify7

That sums it up to me. I don't think he thought he had a chance of getting the job, that he was just the interim manager. He also knows he will never get a job like this again and is desperate to hold onto it.
It's definitely part of it.

He's won the lottery and doesn't wanna go back to his office job if the winnings dry up.

dove

We are a perfect club for leeches like Glazers and clueless Ed. For a club of our stature, our expectations and standards are non existent. Half of our fans are completely fine with basically avoiding relegation as long as the manager speaks about the United way, youth and attacking football. Doesn't even matter if what we see on the pitch is a polar opposite of it, as long as you speak about it in interviews, you are fine. If you are happen to be an ex player, untouchable status is guaranteed. We fully deserve all the shite we get.

matsdf

Half of our fans are completely fine with basically avoiding relegation as long as the manager speaks about the United way, youth and attacking football. Doesn't even matter if what we see on the pitch is a polar opposite of it, as long as you speak about it in interviews, you are fine.
I'm not "completely fine" with how things are at the moment, but I'm happy to stick by the manager because at least for me, it's easy to see he has a long term vision. He has cleared out much of the dross, and has brought in very exciting talent. We've also been drenched with injuries, both at the end of last season, and the start of this season. Our football will probably be bad this season, but it will pick up as soon as everyone is back.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The only plan is to counter, rely on pace, effort and hard work. Nothing you or I couldn't have done while producing the same sub level results and archaic plucky underdog kick and rush football

There's nothing more to the plan besides a misguided attempt of recreating a young British Fergie team from 92.

If I'm mistaken in my assessment of this plan, you're more than welcome to correct me and explain in depth the true details of this plan.
No. You are quite correct in your assessment.
Ole told us that he needed a pre season to get the players fit enough to play a more attacking style and to be able to close down the opposition.
Well. I have not seen any obvious important there.
As Paul Scholes has rightly pointed out, we play like a group of strangers and we still fade badly in the second half.
The coaching seems non-existant.
The players look lethargic.
There is no sign at all of any improvements.
As you say, we are going nowhere.

Fosu-Mens

No. You are quite correct in your assessment.
Ole told us that he needed a pre season to get the players fit enough to play a more attacking style and to be able to close down the opposition.
Well. I have not seen any obvious important there.
As Paul Scholes has rightly pointed out, we play like a group of strangers and we still fade badly in the second half.
The coaching seems non-existant.
The players look lethargic.
There is no sign at all of any improvements.
As you say, we are going nowhere.
We are going backwards since we have bought more players not suited to play possession based/highpressing football. All the best teams in the world are able to play some variation of possession based football when needed. Liverpool style today is closer to City than how BVB played under Klopp. How long will it take for the people deciding the long term strategy of the club that to be successful, you need to be able to dominate possession against weaker teams.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
“When I watched the first game against Liverpool, I saw a team with lots of courage: they were brave, they played their own way and they kept going and that has given them some great results,” said Solskjær. “When they beat Newcastle, when they beat Manchester City, [they showed they are] a team with a clear philosophy on how they want to play.
So why aren't we like that, Ole?

AC1689

Delusional bias to a united legend managing united? I’m sorry.
You’ve shown exactly what all your arguments are based on. Sentimentality. If he was Brendan Rodgers I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be afforded this leniency.

He won't correct you and explain in depth, because he can't. He spouts the same rhetoric time and time again, no matter what the result or performance.

We are stupid if we don't somehow miraculously see the plan that Ole is putting in place and how it will eventually win us another treble. But challenge him as to what the plan IS, then he draws a blank time and time again. He has zero statistics to back his unsubstantiated argument.

The thing is, we’ve seen the bad decision making, the cluelessness tactically, the dire football, the lack of goals from open play, the less than mediocre teams we can’t beat, the lack of shots on target. It’s all there for everyone to see.

Guess what? Keep hiring the wrong manager and you’ll have to keep changing until the right one comes along. You don’t just keep the next wrong/bad choice simply because sacking the others didn’t work out either. It’s absolute insanity to adopt such an ill-conceived mantra.

Reactions: SteveJ

JoaquinJoaquin

It's definitely part of it.

He's won the lottery and doesn't wanna go back to his office job if the winnings dry up.
It's the old Moyes syndrome.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If you can’t see the plan since last season ended I’m not going to discuss football with you anymore.
Great he has a plan. What are the signs that he can implement the plan? Consider the style of play he was talking about planning to play when he arrived vs the style of play he has us playing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.