Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Like I said, Woodward is the best CEO in world football and deserves some kind of recognition for what he's achieved recently.

He has successfully forced a large section of our fanbase to accept statements like "we need to be at our best to beat Norwich" whereas 6yrs ago, Moyes was crucified by the entire fanbase for making similar statements about TOP SIDES like Man City.

He has successfully convinced a large section of our fanbase that 'enjoying watching football' isn't a given and should be a privilege.

He has successfully convinced a large section of our fanbase that struggling to beat relegation sides, League Two nobodies and teams from Serbia and Kazakhstan while being outplayed regularly is not a problem and is in fact a positive sign.

He has successfully convinced a large section of our fanbase that no other manager in world football would have the vision to plan for the future by signing younger, hungrier players. That no other manager would have this team doing ANY BETTER than 14th place in the league with the statistics to back up that standing.

Ed Woodward = The Greatest of All Time.

I'm no longer angry at him, I'm past that. I now admire him in a bizarre way. He is fantastic at what he does, it's impressive to behold.
The hard part for me is to understand why rational and intelligent supporters don’t recognize what’s going on.

It was similar a atmosphere when we hired David Moyes. It was almost impossible to have any sorts of criticism against him without facing an uproar from large parts of our fan base. Even sensible posters totally lost their perspective whenever his shortcomings where discussed. Sect mentality. If you’re not with us you’re against us.

I don’t blame Ole on a personal level but it seems like he’s surrounded by to many yes sayers and that’s why he sounds so out of touch in his pressers and interviews.

It’s hard to see him turn this around.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yet Ole said he made all the decisions in the summer so not replacing Herrera is on him and so is keeping the clearly past it Matic and Mata plus the never-good enough-in the 1st place Rojo. The make up of this squad is his construct so for his supporters to turn around and blame the players is hypocritical imo.
I suspect Jose was the reason Herrera went, not dealing with his contract soon enough. Ole wanted to keep him but PSG had come in with a fabulous offer which he would have been stupid to refuse. I agree from there on in the state of the squad is down to the board and Ole. He has to take some of the blame.

AneRu

I suspect Jose was the reason Herrera went, not dealing with his contract soon enough. Ole wanted to keep him but PSG had come in with a fabulous offer which he would have been stupid to refuse. I agree from there on in the state of the squad is down to the board and Ole. He has to take some of the blame.
I agree the board and Mourinho have to take the blame for Herrera leaving but given how crucial he was to Ole's tactics going into the new season without replacing him was a terrible miscalculation.

Decomposing In Paris

I agree the board and Mourinho have to take the blame for Herrera leaving but given how crucial he was to Ole's tactics going into the new season without replacing him was a terrible miscalculation.
Do you really think Ole decided to go into the season without a replacement for Herrera, or do you think he had no choice and just doesn't whine about it the way Jose did (fat lot of good it did him)?

AneRu

Do you really think Ole decided to go into the season without a replacement for Herrera, or do you think he had no choice and just doesn't whine about it the way Jose did (fat lot of good it did him)?
It's hard to go against a man's word, just last week he was saying exactly that. He did say that the money was there and he just didn't find the players he felt were suited to the side or something along those lines.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's hard to go against a man's word, just last week he was saying exactly that. He did say that the money was there and he just didn't find the players he felt were suited to the side or something along those lines.
Personally I just think he's a yes man. He was hired to lift the mood of the club and hes not going to criticise his employers.

AneRu

Personally I just think he's a yes man. He was hired to lift the mood of the club and hes not going to criticise his employers.
And this is the price you pay for being a yes man, you become the fall guy whilst those who shafted you get off blame free. For what its worth he doesn't have to go full on Jose to apply pressure, he has to wisen up and use he media to lay the blame for the summer where it really belongs not shield the owners and their puppet.

Shark

@NotShark
Norwich will beat us this weekend, I've no doubt about it. Our performances are actually getting worse, which I didn't think was possible. Last night was absolutely shocking, could have had at least three goals past us on a different night.

AneRu

Norwich will beat us this weekend, I've no doubt about it. Our performances are actually getting worse, which I didn't think was possible. Last night was absolutely shocking, could have had at least three goals past us on a different night.
I think we will draw the match, Norwich are amongst a few select teams that play into Ole's tactics. He will sit deep and hit them with pace on the break.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
And this is the price you pay for being a yes man, you become the fall guy whilst those who shafted you get off blame free. For what its worth he doesn't have to go full on Jose to apply pressure, he has to wisen up and use he media to lay the blame for the summer where it really belongs not shield the owners and their puppet.
He got his dream job and it didn't work out. I'm sure he can find a molde level team to manage afterwards. Its mental that he was hired on a permanent basis.

Alabaster Codify7

He got his dream job and it didn't work out. I'm sure he can find a molde level team to manage afterwards. Its mental that he was hired on a permanent basis.
In 3yrs time, even the staunchest Ole fans will look back and assess this whole situation in as simplistic a manner as above.

That is literally all we are dealing with, here. A manager out of his depth who was presented with his dream job and wasn't cut out for it.

Everyone will look back on this appointment in the same way as we do Moyes, but with less mick-taking and stuff because Ole is actually one of our own. It'll still be seen simply as a mistake.

AneRu

This.
In 3yrs time, even the staunchest Ole fans will look back and assess this whole situation in as simplistic a manner as above.

That is literally all we are dealing with, here. A manager out of his depth who was presented with his dream job and wasn't cut out for it.

Everyone will look back on this appointment in the same way as we do Moyes, but with less mick-taking and stuff because Ole is actually one of our own. It'll still be seen simply as a mistake.
Agree with this, at this stage with millions of payoff dollars at stake he isn't going to come around and throw in the towel. It's no longer his fault but those with the responsibility to make the decision and take action. The drop off from when he was made permanent was shocking and his failure to rein in the slide confirmed for me that ye wasn't the right man. At a proper club he would have been sacked again at the end of the season, at United Woodward places too much import on optics and saving as much money as possible.

SirAF

Ageist
I think we will draw the match, Norwich are amongst a few select teams that play into Ole's tactics. He will sit deep and hit them with pace on the break.
A draw would still be a horrible result!

FujiVice

Matt Busby once told Wilf McGuinness "we love you, we dont know what we'd do without you at this club ... but we're going to try" before he was informed he wasnt good enough to manage Man United. Ole needs that talk. He's one of us, but he's not qualified. You wouldnt put him in charge of the kitchen either.

SAFMUTD

But hey, at least he got rid of a few players
You’ll think he be talking about playing prime Barcelona in the nou camp feck me, this is ridiculous. Needs to go right away, if he’s saying those things to the press I can’t imagine what’s the message behind doors.

A loser mentality, so much for “he knows the club” and all that shit.

Alabaster Codify7

Matt Busby once told Wilf McGuinness "we love you, we dont know what we'd do without you at this club ... but we're going to try" before he was informed he wasnt good enough to manage Man United. Ole needs that talk. He's one of us, but he's not qualified. You wouldnt put him in charge of the kitchen either.

He really is Ole Yella now, isn't he?

The beloved loyal family dog that needs to be taken behind the barn and put out of his misery.

#OleYella

Alabaster Codify7

I hope we’re going to stop them” this clown is lowering standards by the minute. If we get into a relegation battle and avoid it, there’ll be those that’ll praise him. If we get relegated and promoted next season, there’ll be those that praise him.

I see no way this is ever going to end, see! Think about it, when Ole is fired and we're hovering in the relegation zone standards will have been lowered even MORE for the 20/21 season. Ole lowered the standards to "top 6 will be a battle" before this season began. When he's fired the new manager will say:

"I can promise the fans we will not be in a relegation battle this season."

And a lot of fans will accept this as our target for 2020/21! It's utter madness!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Like I said, Woodward is the best CEO in world football and deserves some kind of recognition for what he's achieved recently.

He has successfully forced a large section of our fanbase to accept statements like "we need to be at our best to beat Norwich" whereas 6yrs ago, Moyes was crucified by the entire fanbase for making similar statements about TOP SIDES like Man City.

He has successfully convinced a large section of our fanbase that 'enjoying watching football' isn't a given and should be a privilege.

He has successfully convinced a large section of our fanbase that struggling to beat relegation sides, League Two nobodies and teams from Serbia and Kazakhstan while being outplayed regularly is not a problem and is in fact a positive sign.

He has successfully convinced a large section of our fanbase that no other manager in world football would have the vision to plan for the future by signing younger, hungrier players. That no other manager would have this team doing ANY BETTER than 14th place in the league with the statistics to back up that standing.

I'm no longer angry at him, I'm past that. I now admire him in a bizarre way. He is fantastic at what he does, it's impressive to behold.
I have seen this on upper management at my workplace. People that you know they're so incompetence in their work, you can't help but admiring on how they can stay in their position all these years.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I agree with him. We need to be at our best, because our best is probably only just a bit better than Norwich anyway.

Greck

It reflects that he isn't even confident in himself to get a result. The standards of appraisal were lowered for Ole and he hasn't exactly been shy to embrace it.

dove

Seeing how Ole is still in this job, I am now fully convinced Ed is actively sabotaging the club. Is he a Liverpool fan by any chance?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Everyone is turning into Moyes.

This mentality. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE POSITIVE AND LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT GAME OLE.

Feck.

Ludens the Red

:lol:

SAFMUTD

Ok , there's not an actual argument that can defend that quote.
You’ll be surprised, surely some Ole supporters will say that City lost against Norwich and that the quote was a mind game for taking of pressure of playing against freaking Norwich.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I mean, he is just being realistic. Its not like he said 'we aspire to be like norvich'. The circumstances were a lot different during Moyes's time.

FujiVice

Remember when we all thought he was daft when he said "we just need to score two goals" prior to the PSG game? What happened to him? From the only man on earth who thought we'd progress against PSG to hoping for a point against Norwich.

MisterLupus

So you all feel telling his players to "just chillax guys it's only fecking Norwich lulz you can beat these guys with you laces tied together blindfolded even in fact don't even bother getting out of bed Carrick and me will solo them no problem" would be more appropriate?

Sheesh... You guys are hilarious - shaming a manager for taking his opposition serious :lol:

Ludens the Red

I should not get dragged into this mire of so called 'supporters' posting here,

Some of the stuff that is being spouted is complete ollocks, and the manner of supporting their arguments is even more ollocks.

Really, you are comparing a person who has been involved in top level management for a few decades to someone who has just stepped into this malarky in the last few years, really ???

I am guessing that the majority of the whiners on this board have never played football competitively, have never been part of any team sport and whose only experience with such things is through some digital medium aka 'Championship Manager'.

The complete lack of understanding in what goes into a team sport, which is clearly obvious, because only such people could have expectations that a team that is made up of misfits, kids and continuous injuries to the more established members of the squad is supposedly meant to be playing as a world class team in the space of a few months.

Football and team sports in general do not work this way!

To make matters worse, we have pundits who have played the game and should know better, but they need to play to the cameras, instead of telling it how it is.

You cannot build a team if every few years you are chopping and changing.

You cannot build a team if you cant choose the same/similar personal for a extended period of time.

Football is a game of many skills and details, but a good team without confidence is an average team and visa versus an average team with confidence can become a great team.

All the negative crap coming out of the majority of people posting in threads such as this tells me a few things,

1/ You must lead miserable lives if the only things you can spout are negative things about a team you 'support'
2/ Because of the miserable lives you are living, you are using Manchester United as your scape goat.
3/ All this negative energy you are directing at our team does not just vanish, meaning you are also responsible for the lack of confidence that is prevalent at our club.

Sorry, but I had enough of all you whiners with your misdirected agendas, find something better to do, its ok having an opinion, but you are all living in dream/cookoo land with your false expectations.
Meh, this is mostly nonsense, mostly. For starters Ole has over 300 games in management and has been in management for nine years. So not sure where you’ve got “a few years” from. Granted not at the highest level but your principals as a manager remain the same regardless, you’re still working as a manager on a day to day basis.
The only difference is the quality of player and standard of club you work for.

So the negative crap is being posted because we live negative and miserable lives?
Jesus Christ mate give your head a wobble. It’s a football forum, we’re giving opinions about football. Opinions on arguably the worse performing football team in Europe. We’re calling a spade a spade...it really isn’t that deep.

My negative energy is responsible for what’s going wrong at the club?
Again, give your head a wobble..

And almost nobody is crying out for constant change, I certainly am not. I am aware that things take time but I never thought Ole was the right appointment. Why would I start changing my opinion now when we are getting worse and worse? Do you not see how that makes zero sense?

Is the plan now to stick to this course regardless of the continued shambles unfolding in front of us? Just because “it takes time” and “Ole has a plan”. Honestly you’re the worse kind of poster on here not us.

Also should add there are no false expectations. I expected us to finish 8th this season which now looks hilariously optimistic. But yeah if expecting Manchester United to not be 14th and to not struggle to muster up more than a shot a game is living in dream/cuckoo land then we might as well pack it in now.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Remember when we all thought he was daft when he said "we just need to score two goals" prior to the PSG game? What happened to him? From the only man on earth who thought we'd progress against PSG to hoping for a point against Norwich.
Woodward broke him with false promises. Like he did with the previous managers.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I should not get dragged into this mire of so called 'supporters' posting here,

Some of the stuff that is being spouted is complete ollocks, and the manner of supporting their arguments is even more ollocks.

Really, you are comparing a person who has been involved in top level management for a few decades to someone who has just stepped into this malarky in the last few years, really ???

I am guessing that the majority of the whiners on this board have never played football competitively, have never been part of any team sport and whose only experience with such things is through some digital medium aka 'Championship Manager'.

The complete lack of understanding in what goes into a team sport, which is clearly obvious, because only such people could have expectations that a team that is made up of misfits, kids and continuous injuries to the more established members of the squad is supposedly meant to be playing as a world class team in the space of a few months.

Football and team sports in general do not work this way!

To make matters worse, we have pundits who have played the game and should know better, but they need to play to the cameras, instead of telling it how it is.

You cannot build a team if every few years you are chopping and changing.

You cannot build a team if you cant choose the same/similar personal for a extended period of time.

Football is a game of many skills and details, but a good team without confidence is an average team and visa versus an average team with confidence can become a great team.

All the negative crap coming out of the majority of people posting in threads such as this tells me a few things,

1/ You must lead miserable lives if the only things you can spout are negative things about a team you 'support'
2/ Because of the miserable lives you are living, you are using Manchester United as your scape goat.
3/ All this negative energy you are directing at our team does not just vanish, meaning you are also responsible for the lack of confidence that is prevalent at our club.

Sorry, but I had enough of all you whiners with your misdirected agendas, find something better to do, its ok having an opinion, but you are all living in dream/cookoo land with your false expectations.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.