Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Hobbit

I think the board has a huge huge decision to make- what if we back him, give him say unlimited funds to sign players of his choosing and to get rid of who he wants- yet are serving up this "performance" 6 months into the new season?
But the other question is if he signs his own players and can ship out those who are costing us can he turn it around? Is it too much of a risk to take that he may be able to turn it around on signing his own players?
I honestly couldn't decide either way. Also if we did sack him who do we get? Will they then know immediately who to ship out having not worked with the players or will the players get another "grace period" while they are assessed?
The players were so actively wanting Ole to yet serve this up as soon as he's made permanent. Also some of what Ole says is starting to worry me, it was really refreshing when he first came in but is borderline sounding defeated like Moyes.

I honestly couldn't call what should be done.

Mcking

He has had five months to improve the team, but the team seem to be getting worse the more time he has spent with them. The team hasn't shown any sign of good coaching nor cohesion, and he seems to be completely out of his depth.
Our form in the last few weeks is how managers usually get the sack, and with Solskjaer's not-so mindblowing CV, should he really be giving millions to spend and trusted to lead us into next season, or should the club be more ruthless, sack him and consider other appointments? At this point, I would say giving him millions to spend would be rewarding mediocrity.

Hulksmash

We need to terminate his contract now. I Was all up for this but his playstyle is Bus parking. I dont want another Bus parking Manager again

Yagami

Good post resistant
3 previous managers since Sir Alex retired and now Ole struggling. It's deeper than simply blaming Ole.
Yeah, but two of those were past it, one was out of his depth, and I reckon Ole is, too.

We've yet to see how a progressive manager would do like our rivals have. If we had got a Pep, Klopp or Poch -managers with clear, modern styles - I think we'd see that we can turn this arouns. We just need to find our one.

Champagne Football

Would be great if we could shift Ole into the technical director role and bring in Pochettino. I think Ole and Phelan will have a good transfer window bringing highly talented kids in, and i'm happy to see him given till Christmas if we have no other choice...... But holy Christ - he's not shown anything yet to convince he is good enough to manage this club. Another Woody Panic decision possibly.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I think the board has a huge huge decision to make- what if we back him, give him say unlimited funds to sign players of his choosing and to get rid of who he wants- yet are serving up this "performance" 6 months into the new season?
But the other question is if he signs his own players and can ship out those who are costing us can he turn it around? Is it too much of a risk to take that he may be able to turn it around on signing his own players?
I honestly couldn't decide either way. Also if we did sack him who do we get? Will they then know immediately who to ship out having not worked with the players or will the players get another "grace period" while they are assessed?
The players were so actively wanting Ole to yet serve this up as soon as he's made permanent. Also some of what Ole says is starting to worry me, it was really refreshing when he first came in but is borderline sounding defeated like Moyes.

I honestly couldn't call what should be done.
We started losing games before Ole was made permanent.

Un4givableB

I compared him with Moyes but in reality Moyes is level above him.
Until about a week ago that fat f*** Stephen Howson on full time devils was using some statistically mumbo jumbo to argue the Ole was better than Pochettino.

Moriarty

We have many problems at this club.

But for me the most important thing is that Ole is not the answer to any of them. I'll always love him but this is Wilf McGuiness all over again.. I honestly won't be shocked if we are lower than 8th next season when he leaves.
At least Wilf got us to an FA Cup semi-final and League Cup semi-final but he did have better players that we have now.

Skills

Snitch
3 previous managers since Sir Alex retired and now Ole struggling. It's deeper than simply blaming Ole.
Since when is the number of managers a club hires an indicator of success. The fact that we've only been through 3 managers is probably the biggest problem.

Here's one : since Sir Alex retired Madrid are onto their 6th manager (including 2 tenures by Zidane).

Giggs86

OGS won't receive the money to spend because he's not trusted. He'll be gone by October
No chance of that happening. The clowns in charge surely learnt that from the Mourinho fiasco. You either fully support the manager or you sack him. No in between.

If he won't receive the money to spend he should walk away to save us from a repeat of this season.

red4ever 79

It's like this for me. If we had waited until the end of the season to decide if Ole was the man, no doubt we would have said no. The fact that Ed got all giddy with an upturn in form to make Ole the permanent boss in April says it all and now leaves us in the gutter for next season.

IhabX7

There is a bottom level we are not allowed to hit, and Ole sadly has allowed it to happen.

Shiva87

Can't believe how quickly we (as a collective) have turned against Ole.

There a number of things that are wrong with the club - but there as many things wrong with the fans. We are infighting, wanting players sacked, wanting managers sacked etc etc.

Everyone knows the problems and a bunch of players are going to be out of the United team next season. All we can hope is that the board and the executives support the clear out and a new era begins!

LARulz

Sack. But also the players. I haven't seen a single thing he has tried to implement since he's been here on the pitch.

He says all the right things but not seeing it

IhabX7

It's like this for me. If we had waited until the end of the season to decide if Ole was the man, no doubt we would have said no. The fact that Ed got all giddy with an upturn in form to make Ole the permanent boss in April says it all and now leaves us in the gutter for next season.
Everybody was calling for it. Woodward isn't the most clever man to actually do it because it made no sense to take the pressure of Ole and the team, but it was everybody's opinion to hire him permanently.

dove

Sack. Giving him money and time would be even bigger mistake than giving a contract in March.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
He has had five months to improve the team, but the team seem to be getting worse the more time he has spent with them. The team hasn't shown any sign of good coaching nor cohesion, and he seems to be completely out of his depth.
Our form in the last few weeks is how managers usually get the sack, and with Solskjaer's not-so mindblowing CV, should he really be giving millions to spend and trusted to lead us into next season, or should the club be more ruthless, sack him and consider other appointments? At this point, I would say giving him millions to spend would be rewarding mediocrity.
Don't know, but can we really say he's had a chance without a transfer window. Hes inherited a lot of players that he clearly doesn't want here.

Chairman Steve

If there’s no technical directors coming in to help with recruitment this summer, then OGS is already handicapped enough and in which case I’d get rid. Getting in a football board at the club is so, so important right now... Every manager is a risk but at least we can mitigate those risks if we have competent football people in the background who can keep the club running when one of our risks doesn’t pay off.

I’d feel a lot more optimistic if we had football directors above OGS as first team head coach, and they spent the summer culling the deadwood and making astute signings.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Back him and let him fix the squad. We'll see where we are next summer. There is absolutely no quick fox for this.
You're corret, this issue at United runs far deeper and our efforts of anger and frustration should be aimed at woodword and the glazers.

BlueHaze

Been having my doubts over him but maintained the opinion that he should be given a chance.

After 0-2 to Cardiff I can't defend him anymore. It's inexcusable. I'm deeply worried.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Didn’t even bother to address the crowd who stayed and cheered the lap of honour. I miss Sir Alex who wouldn’t have missed the chance to reassure the fans.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
Sack him sadly. Totally out of his depth and we simply can't afford to throw another season before it's even began! Football is shocking. Consistently picks the wrong team. Can't beat teams already relegated. I have no faith in us managing to get in the top 4 next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.