Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moriarty

I don't think our players are that bad.

Losing to a relegated side at home isn't a symptom of bad players. Our rot goes much deeper.

If we only we were able to do to the league what we did to the FA cup in 2000
Technically, we have some superb players, but attitude-wise, they stink. But yes, the rot does go deeper. All the way to the top but you won't hear Gary Neville or other ex-United players saying that. The Glazers are sacrosanct.

Mcking

Don't know, but can we really say he's had a chance without a transfer window. Hes inherited a lot of players that he clearly doesn't want here.
But he is not going to be signing a full squad, is he? He has done a mediocre job with the current squad and most of these players will still be here next season. If he has been unable to do anything with the current squad, don't you think he still might not be able to do anything with new players? Don't you think it is the right time to start doubting his capabilities?

Untd55

I don't think he stands a chance. We needed to get someone who has recent experience in building a team.

If someone like that comes available, I would say sack him.

Marcelinho87

Back.

He isn't going to be doing the rebuilding blindly. Expect Phelan, Carrick et al to have a say even advice from SAF will be taken.

Our anger and frustration needs to be taken out at the board, until then nothing will ever change.

Even Poch couldn't get this dross running.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Man.. our fans. So many people were ready to back him and now they flipping? At least be consistent throughout :lol:.

The next permanent manager thread, the vote for Ole turned around so fast from Poch, that a lot of fans was celebrating that as a victory. I bet if that thread was open again, there will be more flipping.

Ole needs to be sacked, I don’t want him rebuild United not only because our performance has been terrible, but also because I don’t like his philosophy.

Mainoldo

We backed Mourinho. Let’s not make another summer of mistakes that will be another manager taking over with fans taking about more players and more board is crap.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Get rid of him!!!!!! he's garbage and we made an emotional decision to give him the contract. I said it at the time we should've waited til the end of the season. We are fools.

moxdevil

For now I will back him but he needs to help himself; if I see the likes of Young and Jones starting next season then he hasn't picked up on one of the most obvious problems and is itching to fail.

LoneStar

Since we are not getting a DoF to oversee the transfers in the summer, I'd say get rid. If we spend 250+ million and its a bust, I think that's us done for a while.

He looks tactically clueless and his subs are always wierd. It's too risky a summer for us, one where we need a major overhaul, to place our trust in him after our recent form.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
As many have said, the manager is almost irrelevant at this point. We have plenty of things to fix before we can truly expect a manager to succeed.

Bojan11

They'd come in to the same situation and everyone else would get more time to 'prove themselves' before a clear out. Why not just let Ole take care of it instead of being drama queens?
Do you really think Ole is going to get rid of Lingard, Young, Jones and Smalling? He’s probably going to sign more average friends for them.

Those four are the biggest wasters at the club yet Ole will stick with them.

Esquire

If Poch was available, it’s a no brainer.
I agree. Before this Cardiff game I still thought OGS should be given support. I’m really wavering now. Really want him to succeed but we honestly cannot be this bad, even with the fitness issues and the deadwood.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That's literally the single argument for backing him completely ignoring blatantly obvious counter arguments like he is clueless and the worst manager we had in many many years.
Half his period here has been the best since Sir Alex retired, the other half has been the worst.

Omahahaha

There is bad form, and then there is this kind of form. This is just beyond horrible, and it's seriously damaging the clubs prospect of being able to buy the players we need this summer.
He's fast becoming a Moyes-type of figure of ridicule, and the players are surely noticing, and so are players from other clubs that we are interested in.
Yes, we need to rebuild. There needs to be a clearout. But someone with a better CV needs to do it, with the full support of the board and a director of football.

Hamadovich86

If he's playing the likes of Jones and Lingard every week then he doesn't think they are dross. If he doesn't think they are dross how can he be trusted to rebuild the team to a level of exellence with 300m? It raises an issue with his judgement of talent and his overall vision if he insists on them. They are technically poor but Ole doesn't seem to view it as a problem
Who is remarkably better? Rojo and Baily are as shit as Jones is. Sanchez is one of the worst transfers in the history of the club, as bad as Lingard gets but hes been miles better than him. Not sure what you want Ole to do about that.

I am not implying that Ole is the one is capable of turning things around or not, he had an amazing run before he signed and after he signed its been garbage those are facts. But the idea that he alone is responsible for this shit is stupid, there are so many things wrong at this football club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I worry that this summer might set us back even further.

Think the last month or two will be in the board’s mind and may not back Solksjaer fully in the summer and we’ll find that our team will be very similar to the one we’ve seen struggle this season.
That’s a very good point and could well happen. Actually it’s probable with that fecking slime ball in charge.

Giggs86

Who was responsible for our good run under him? Ole or the players?
The players. A manager can't do huge changes like that in a matter of days. The players wanted Mourinho out and they played out of their skins to prove a point that it was his fault and not theirs. After Ole got a permanent contract they simply reverted to their usual selves.

varga92

He is clearly not good enough at this level, but it's not his fault. Appointing him in March was a terrible mistake. I don't want to sack him. He needs to resign.

Red For Ever

I was 100% convinced Ole would bring back good football.
After the way we have played recently, I do have some doubts.

But I do think he at least deserves the chance to build and prepare a team before anyone starts calling for him to be sacked.

Flytan

Anyone who actually thinks he deserves this job after the past few months is part of the problem in this club. Nepotism runs far too deep here and it starts with the fans being unable to move on from history.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Were we really bad today? I did not watch it.

It could be disastrous but i would give him a transfer window at least.

Would not surprise me if he is sacked though by October next season.

CaptainAvengers

The same people who want to put the "handbrake" on Brexit should be campaigning to do the same with "Ole at the wheel" the flop appointment is driving us off the cliff edge and we are in the driving seat with "Ole at the wheel!".. we should be looking to admit we made a mistake and put the handbrake on (i.e sack Ole and start from scratch)

This would be the best for all parties right now.. or Ole (Theresa May in this instance) to admit he isn't up to the job and resigns like an honourable man we think he is...

We shot our load way too early.. I don't understand the logic in giving Ole the job? why can't we do things right in a measured way anymore? wait until the end of the season, assess the situation when everything is calm.. as we would probably have CL football and money if we did!!!

That's on Woodward.. Ole probably didn't believe him luck.. a flop at Cardiff City and no serious football club would touch him with a bargepole..

We need a manager with experience for this very difficult rebuilding job, not a completely rookie who is wet behind the ears!

Ole looks clueless on the touchline.. and is too much of a "Yes man" and friendly with the players (like one of the lads) for me to take him seriously.

hobbers

Two key questions: Are better managers available? The likes of Pochettino or Tuchel? Probably not... But if they were available, it'd be suicidal for the club not to upgrade. There's no point in settling just because the squad is garbage. We have to have someone in place laying down a philosophy and choosing players to sign that fit into it.

Even worse than persisting with Ole is persisting with Ole only to replace him after wasting another transfer window or two on a failed managers signings.

And the other is whether Ole persists with this homegrown core of trash English players. If Young, Smalling, Jones and Lingard feature in his plans for next season, IF they feature, then he has no right to be managing United. Similarly if Shaw and Rashford keep getting away with dismal performances.

Paul_Scholes18

I am not sure. It is hard to know what he will do in the market. We need to bring in the right type of quality right now. Don't trust us to do that.

UpWithRivers

I dont think any other manager of a top 6 team would survive the results he has had let alone the big clubs. Imagine a Real, Barca etc manager getting these results. They would be straight out the door. But United like to stick with players and managers so we will never sack him. The best thing is for Ole to walk out - for his own sake and ours.

Castia

Sadly.....sack him and half the squad.

I love Ole and I thought he could get us back on track but the job is much bigger than I even realised, he’s not got the tools for the job.

We need a full reset from players to boardroom.

Morpheus 7

Some were, some like me weren't. To me it was always clear that even during the run of wins we were lucky and mostly played crap even though we got results. It was clear that it won't last long. Got slated and still am by other top reds saying nonsense like "We can't judge him until at least the end of 20/21 season" which is just stupid. He should be sacked and I couldn't care less how we look by doing that. It's either that or stick with someone that you know will be sacked in 6 months, having wasted more money.
See that's the point you don't know, either do I. You wouldn't know with any other manager under this board either. United have players to clear and if you can't accept it's going to take a while to get rid of players that don't want to be here/not good enough to be here then it's going to a painful period. Ole didn't make this mess he's been trying to sort it out. Until we see him get time to make changes there is no point throwing your dummy out.

acnumber9

Sacking him now just gives these players another excuse and an opportunity to continue flying under the radar. He may not be the right man but if he can get rid of the players then he should be given the chance to do so.

Code-CX

This is pretty concerning. I know most of our players are shit, but I didn’t expect our results to be this bad.

Flytan

Half his period here has been the best since Sir Alex retired, the other half has been the worst.
Anyone could have been appointed after Mourinho and had similar success. A fluke result in Paris doesn't make up for the abysmal football we played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.