Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

Exactly. He enjoyed all the praise during that winning run, well you have to take the brickbats when it is all going wrong as well.
Come on the winning run was 6 months ago now. Listen if I saw improvement, if I saw an identity then I would be all for giving him time. I dont see anything from him. Poor team selections and poor in game management from him. I dont mind losing games as long as the team has a go. If you go back to that side that went on that great winning run he played 3 in the center of mid One holding and two bombing on. Why is he not reverting back to that. Instead we play two holding midfielders now.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
See, we’ve had the better chances in every game we’ve played this season and no-one else bar City and Liverpool can say that. I’m not even sure those two can say that. It’s just our opponents have been more clinical than you’d expect, De Gea flaky and our players have fluffed their lines. We’ve not been close to outplayed once.
You know city scored 8 in one game?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well arsenal fans want Emery out.
I'm not concerned with what they are thinking. They are emotionally attached in the same way that we are with our club. I'm wondering whether our fans think these clubs should be firing their managers

el3mel

We aren't asking for results. We're just asking for having a coherent team with a clear play style on the pitch even if we're shite in it. The problem is we're not. We're as clueless as ever and he himself appears to have no clue what to do when the games go out of his hands. We're not applying any ideas or style on the pitch to give him time for it to flourish. Regardless of today's game, this has been the case since end of last season and is still here. That's too much time for you to apply your style if you have one. Players being shite at it is something else.

Patience is fine if we're building for something but the reality is we're not. We're not building for anything at all football perspective. We're just wasting everyone time.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
We might have beaten them on the opening day. But Lampard's chelsea look a class above us now, going toe to toe with liverpool. Puts our malaise in context, they couldn't sign any players and lost their best player in the summer. How much time is Ole expected to need? Ridiculous, it's like relegation form since PSG.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Come on the winning run was 6 months ago now. Listen if I saw improvement, if I saw an identity then I would be all for giving him time. I dont see anything from him. Poor team selections and poor in game management from him. I dont mind losing games as long as the team has a go. If you go back to that side that went on that great winning run he played 3 in the center of mid One holding and two bombing on. Why is he not reverting back to that. Instead we play two holding midfielders now.
It's more that people keep bringing that run up as an excuse for him actually knowing what he is doing. It was probably the players just being relieved. Then once those injuries kicked in he was lost and is still lost and has not got the quality backroom staff to ask for advice. He waits too long to make subs, is relying on players who are letting him down, but happily sticks up for them.

Tony247

There is no ambitious passing by midfielders. Absolutely disgraceful coaching. Are they playing like this shite in training too and coaching staff is not doing anything? It can't be these players playing one game in training and totally different on match day. Totally not possible. Either Ole needs to sack his coaches, get new ones or walk out. This is pathetic.

Mainoldo

Sacking him now will tell us nothing, no new manager can do anything with a hilariously shit squad he's assembled this summer. Let him ride this season out, at the end of it we might have 1 of younger players having a breakthrough year.
Norwich have a crap team but they play better than us. So another rubbish excuse.

Skills

Snitch
There is no ambitious passing by midfielders. Absolutely disgraceful coaching. Are they playing like this shite in training too and coaching staff is not doing anything? It can't be these players playing one game in training and totally different on match day. Totally not possible. Either Ole needs to sack his coaches, get new ones or walk out. This is pathetic.
Surely it's his fecking job to coach the team? What are we actually paying him to do?

arthurka

Has to go.
What do you want him to say? Yeah I wanted 10 players but that git Woody only got me 3? Let's get him 2 more players in at Xmas and see where that takes us. But I wouldn't bet on him getting till Xmas. Arsenal and Liverpool on the horizon, not looking good for Ole.

Tony247

Surely it's his fecking job to coach the team? What are we actually paying him to do?
Manager needs competent support staff to train the players daily as per the manager's tatics. Here I see not only Ole has a problem but his support staff is doing zilch in training. I am speculating, don't know what the feck is going on between two matches.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yep. That’s Ole’s fault. He’s created an unbalanced, thin squad.
Is it though? Or is it Woodwards? Was it Mourinhos fault we didnt sign a centerback last summer? We can't see the same shit happen year after year and ignore that the only constant every summer the Woodward. Maguire was signed 1 year too late. Whatever midfielder or attacker we sign next January or summer will have been signed 1 year too late. That's not the managers fault, that's Woodward playing catch up every year to fix past mistakes.

El Zoido

Fergie left most of that to his assistants. Our European resurgence in 2007-2011 was mostly due to Carlos Queiroz in terms of tactics. Maybe we should have sacked Fergie, what were we paying him for?!

meamth

What is his plan now?

Considering all our first team strikers on the sidelines, who is our next big thing in striker's department?

Anyone got any knowledge on this??

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Would you not think it's more the case that our players were too slow, too lacking in ball control and passing abilities and intelligence to make the right runs?
Then there'd no reason for a manager. Just let the players do what they want, good or bad and never have a coach in place to help them learn and improve.

owlo

Said months ago he was going to hang the youngsters out to dry this season and it was unforgivable. Can't wait to see the back of him. Utterly incompetent.

red4ever 79

It's more that people keep bringing that run up as an excuse for him actually knowing what he is doing. It was probably the players just being relieved. Then once those injuries kicked in he was lost and is still lost and has not got the quality backroom staff to ask for advice. He waits too long to make subs, is relying on players who are letting him down, but happily sticks up for them.
Fully agree with you. Like I said I dont mind seeing Utd lose matches if we saw improvement in the playing style and direction on the field. Unfortunately I see no improvement. He has even reverted to relying on Matic and Mata despite everyone knowing they are done at this level. So far this season we have lost to Crystal Palace, Southampton and West Ham already

Kurton

I can see it going south really fast. The fact that we cannot seem to score a goal just for a change is going to sap any confidence and joy from the players. It's like a freefall. Ole really needs to find some way of getting goals. Otherwise, we could very easily find ourselves in the bottom 3rd of the table. Once that happens, the board will start to panic.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Fergie left most of that to his assistants. Our European resurgence in 2007-2011 was mostly due to Carlos Queiroz in terms of tactics. Maybe we should have sacked Fergie, what were we paying him for?!
It was SAF that managed and motivated the players. Set up the team, adapted to each opposition. It was SAF that identified the need to change, interviewed a whole load of coaches and bought in Quiroz. But yeah, let’s still keep disrespecting SAF by comparing him to a manager that thinks it’s still 1999.

Di Maria's angel

So whats the point in Ole? Just go forward with the three amigos.

fergiesarmy1

You’re telling me Ole had striker transfer targets and he didn’t get them? Come on. He’s not said or done anything to suggest that, or even hint towards that. He was happy for Lukaku to be flogged and didn’t have any plans to bring a striker in. He felt content with martial, Rashford Greenwoodand already it’s spectacularly backfired.
Absolute rubbish and I repeat why would he want to limit his own chances

It’s laughable the amount of people that believe he was happy going into this season with 2 seasoned (and neither fantastic) strikers and a rookie.

I can’t get my head around how any of you believe this myth? The only thing is he didn’t complain about it so maybe that? But we saw what complaining about it last pre-season did for moral plus he doesn’t have the Mourinho factor when it comes to demands obviously.

amidnorthern

Too bad none of the attributes are related to management and tactics. If we wanted someone tactically inept but capable of temporarily lifting the mood of the squad, we should have just hired some clown instead.
You're right of course. Attributes would allude to what he says and not what happens. I feel like I've been gaslit.

Skills

Snitch
This is so mental.

owlo

Fully agree with you. Like I said I dont mind seeing Utd lose matches if we saw improvement in the playing style and direction on the field. Unfortunately I see no improvement. He has even reverted to relying on Matic and Mata despite everyone knowing they are done at this level. So far this season we have lost to Crystal Palace, Southampton and West Ham already
Yet people will blame Ed for renewing Mata [And Pereira] and selling Lukaku and Fellaini. OGS sold them to make points about the players he didn't want and wouldn't play if they stayed. He kept Mata and Pereira for the same reasons.

He's never to blame apparently, when it's been obvious for months he's a complete disaster.

Wilt

You can blame the ref, blame VAR, blame Ed, blame the players, but don’t blame Ole :rolleyes:

Di Maria's angel

Who is available to replace him and capable of improving this squad?
Honestly, I've no idea. But we're only going backwards under Ole and if we want to salvage something from this season, we should probably get rid of him and push to sign a sensible replacement.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
No point in changing the manager now and then going through the exact same process we have done since we hired Moyes.

Unless we are doing absolutely dire, we have to give Ole the season. See how things are next season.

He is trying to rectify all the mistakes we have made since Ferguson left.

We still have to get rid of some players like Mata who is just riding the gravy train. Lingarrd as well should be nowhere near the starting 11.

We need a RW, a ten and a MF in the summer.

I think we can write off this season already. Maybe win the Europa League.

I repeat the worst thing we can do is fire him.

el3mel

Absolute rubbish and I repeat why would he want to limit his own chances

It’s laughable the amount of people that believe he was happy going into this season with 2 seasoned (and neither fantastic) strikers and a rookie.

I can’t get my head around how any of you believe this myth? The only thing is he didn’t complain about it so maybe that? But we saw what complaining about it last pre-season did for moral plus he doesn’t have the Mourinho factor when it comes to demands obviously.

owlo

Honestly, I've no idea. But we're only going backwards under Ole and if we want to salvage something from this season, we should probably get rid of him and push to sign a sensible replacement.
Moyes would do better. Joses son would do better.

Unfortunately we've already let the clown gut our squad and we'll have to deal with that whoever the manager is.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The squad is threadbare in both quantity and quality, Ole is forced to rely on Matic & Mata (among other less than useful players), just like any other manager who stepped in to replace him would also have to rely on them.

Di Maria's angel

No point in changing the manager now and then going through the exact same process we have done since we hired Moyes.

Unless we are doing absolutely dire, we have to give Ole the season. See how things are next season.

He is trying to rectify all the mistakes we have made since Ferguson left.

We still have to get rid of some players like Mata who is just riding the gravy train. Lingarrd as well should be nowhere near the starting 11.

We need a RW, a ten and a MF in the summer.

I think we can write off this season already. Maybe win the Europa League.

I repeat the worst thing we can do is fire him.
Hes not rectifying anything. All I see are the piling of more problems.

Ixion

I was never convinced we should hire him and giving him the contract when we did was stupid. It's not his fault the squad is poor, Woodward should have gone a long time ago, but it also doesn't mean he is right for the job. I don't know what you do at this point though, sacking him won't change anything. Playing youngsters is nice but they have to be good enough ultimately.q

Status
Not open for further replies.