Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

Its amazing the rhetoric he's pushing now after going on a massive wankfest over players when we went on that run. Football's easy when you have great players etc. He's a fraud and he's all over the place.
5 points from the 14th, what a joke.

mu4c_20le

Let's not play those games, no matter what team had come even Norwich, you know Ole would have said the same thing to save his own skin. Whatever fits your agenda though by comparing the teams we play that play against City (who haven't done well against us) and troubling Liverpool to justify Ole doing a good job.
Not playing games, I would just rather you keep the disrespect to our manager and not to our opponents, who are actually decent

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He likes to do it with Pogba too, expecting him to play long balls over the top against teams who defend deep. Tactical genius.
Pogba is not a natural scorer, Bruno is. He needs to play just behind the striker. If he insists to play him this deep then he will ruin him

Roboc7

His biggest achievement is lowering the bar to such an extent that he can win 10 out of last 30 league games and people are happy.

Handré1990

It’s becoming more and more ridiculous! I get why some think he has done the right moves outside of the field. There is, however, no reason why we can’t stay on the same track while employing a competent football manager. Which Ole obviously isn’t.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I’m not saying Ole is the answer or that he’s a world-class manager who, given time, will make us champions again, but better managers would struggle to do better with this bunch of players.
What bunch of players? You mean De gea who is in top 3 gk in PL. You mean Maguire and AWb who were bought for 130mil. Lindelof who is Sweden first choice defender? Fred who is our best player? Martial? Bruno who is just bought for 70mil? James who is bought especially on Ole's request? Rashford who is among the best players in league?

Tell me something please; how many players from Watford, Southampton, Newcastle, Palace, West Ham or Burnley would play in our first 11? Or even on the bench?

He's out of his depth when after all this time he still thinks Lingard is the answer to chasing a goal, and even more so when he only makes that change in minute 87.

fergosaurus

Pogba is not a natural scorer, Bruno is. He needs to play just behind the striker. If he insists to play him this deep then he will ruin him
Pogba is not a goal scorer but has been best for us when given licence to get forward rather than play as the deepest midfielder against a low defensive line. That was the point I was making to show it's not the first midfielder he's mismanaged. I fully expect him to blunt Bruno's attacking threat too.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another classic Ole interview. Imagine the reaction if it was Moyes making these comments.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's almost like you need good enough players to score goals. Will Martial suddenly become the goalguy with a new manager?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pogba is not a goal scorer but has been best for us when given licence to get forward rather than play as the deepest midfielder against a low defensive line. That was the point I was making to show it's not the first midfielder he's mismanaged. I fully expect him to blunt Bruno's attacking threat too.
My point is that Bruno will struggle with Ole more then the Pogbs did

Cantona in disguise

Yeah ole has to go at the end of the season. He has started the clear out of the squad but now we need someone to come in and build a team. To coach these players correctly. This is not all on ole of course not but he simply isnt good enough at this level to build a team to compete. We are lucky that the rest of the league bar the scousers are inconsistent or we would be about 12th right now.

I dont know who the answer is to manage this squad but I hope the numpties in charge have a plan... doubtful I know

Patrick220571

I'm sorry but there is a difference between a realest and someone that thinks that we are somehow entitled.

Two years ago was Joses' ; greatest achievement and had ibrahimovic, Pogba for most it IIRC.

He was still second, this squad is rebuild. Do you think Jones, Pereira, Mata, Bailey, Matic are players that can get us to replace City? And remember Rashford, Pogba, Mctomcare injured...
We are hardly talking about replacing City. Everyone knows we are nowhere near that level, but we are behind Sheffield United for gods sake. They were in the Championship this time last year and most of us wouldn't have been able to name a single one of their players. There is NO excuse for being behind the likes of them.

Does he, or his coaches, do any kind of training for set pieces (defensive and offensive) because it doesn’t seem like it. There are many easy easy points that we miss out on from these areas.

Fooza

Not playing games, I would just rather you keep the disrespect to our manager and not to our opponents, who are actually decent
Not sure what your point is? Wolves are not even in the top 6 that's picked up their fair few loses and draw against lower teams. We had the home advantage too. But Ole's made them sound like they were the best team in the world. Don't let expectations be lowered, that's exactly what Ole is doing and what Moyes got scrutinised for, and rightly so.

Jericholyte2

Cringed interview aside some of the comments here are a joke. And I’m saying this as someone fully expecting and partly hoping that Poch comes in this summer.
  • First we complain about him alway playing Lingard, then complain about him bringing him on with 5 minutes left.
  • Complaining about Pereira starting in midfield, Pogba and McT are injured and Matic was suspended, who the feck else could have played there?
  • We go on about how poor AWB (I’ll admit his attacking play is poor) and how he gets tired so often, but he has no wide player in front of him. He has to be FB and winger all in one every match.
  • Then complaining about moving him to the left, which allowed Mata to be more central which created a few good chances - again, who the hell else could have played there? Chong was on the bench but to fill numbers, he’s done nothing when he’s played.
People joke about comments about Ole not having his own players but his squad there is a mash-up of his and four other mangers’s players! All signed to play different systems and modes of play.

Ole’s primary job has been clearly to get rid of deadwood which he is doing, accepting that it’ll result in the short term pain of a razor thin squad. The he loses (mostly through medical team incompetence) his brightest attacker, his best player by a distance and his midfield engine.

What other tactics, formation, approaches could be used?

Last edited:

Cathy Ferguson

He is of course struggling when his top scorer is out until April and his only creative and goal scoring CM is injured. If Pogba and McTominay are back for the Chelsea game and we win then there is some hope for top 4. But my God we have so many avarage players.

M16Red

We are hardly talking about replacing City. Everyone knows we are nowhere near that level, but we are behind Sheffield United for gods sake. They were in the Championship this time last year and most of us wouldn't have been able to name a single one of their players. There is NO excuse for being behind the likes of them.
I'm not making excuses, question what makes us different to Sheffield United is it world class players or one point?, what is arsenal-tottenham excuse.

TheReligion

Abusive
The biggest issue Ole has is he's simply not good enough to get more out of the average players in the squad. Fergie would be getting more from who was on the pitch tonight no question about it.

Obviously you can view Ole as part of the issue and the average players as the other.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Cringed interview aside some of the comments here are a joke. And I’m saying this as someone fully expecting and partly hoping that Poch comes in this summer.
  • First we complain about him alway playing Lingard, then complain about him bringing him on with 5 minutes left.
  • Complaining about Pereira starting in midfield, Pogba and McT are injured and Matic was suspended, who the feck else could have played there?
  • Then complaining about moving him to the left, which allowed Mata to be more central which created a few good chances - again, who the hell else could have played there? Chong was on the bench but to fill numbers, he’s done nothing when he’s played.
People joke about comments about Ole not having his own players but his squad there is a mash-up of his and four other mangers’s players! All signed to play different systems and modes of play.

Ole’s primary job has been clearly to get rid of deadwood which he is doing, accepting that it’ll result in the short term pain of a razor thin squad. The he loses (mostly through medical team incompetence) his brightest attacker, his best player by a distance and his midfield engine.

That's precisely what he's being paid and employed for! To work that out.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I'm not making excuses, question what makes us different to Sheffield United is it world class players or one point?, what is arsenal-tottenham excuse.
They sacked their managers.

Judas

Open to offers
Ole's doing the best he possibly can, you can't expect a manager of his level to be doing much better than this. The idiocy comes from sticking by him and watching this week after week, nothing changing, and expecting us to progress in a meaningful way.

It won't last much longer, I honestly have to believe that for my own sanity.

roonaldo78

It's almost like you need good enough players to score goals. Will Martial suddenly become the goalguy with a new manager?
Well said Tom, we just need prime Messi, Ronaldo and Maradona for Ole to start winning some matches.

Patrick220571

Tottenham and Arsenal are both under performing this season, as are we. The difference is, they have both sacked their manager for under achieving. Sheffield United have worse players than us but they are better coached and therefore look better than the sum of their parts. We are exactly the opposite.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah ole has to go at the end of the season. He has started the clear out of the squad but now we need someone to come in and build a team. To coach these players correctly. This is not all on ole of course not but he simply isnt good enough at this level to build a team to compete. We are lucky that the rest of the league bar the scousers are inconsistent or we would be about 12th right now.

I dont know who the answer is to manage this squad but I hope the numpties in charge have a plan... doubtful I know
The plan is to recruit a manager and hope he produces results.

You were expecting more? Yeah, no, that's pretty much it.

Sorry to disappoint.

M16Red

Tottenham and Arsenal are both under performing this season, as are we. The difference is, they have both sacked their manager for under achieving. Sheffield United have worse players than us but they are better coached and therefore look better than the sum of their parts. We are exactly the opposite.
But the real question is what would you do? Play who?

L1nk

• We go on about how poor AWB (I’ll admit his attacking play is poor) and how he gets tired so often, but he has no wide player in front of him. He has to be FB and winger all in one every match.

What do you think happens when any manager steps into a new team? They don't step into an immediately brand new 11 that they just bought, they are playing with players from multiple different managers, this isn't unique to us or Ole. It happens in every club in world football.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Only special managers can sign a goalscoring midfielder and think : that's our deep-lying midfielder right there.

Mickson

Ole's doing the best he possibly can, you can't expect a manager of his level to be doing much better than this. The idiocy comes from sticking by him and watching this week after week, nothing changing, and expecting us to progress in a meaningful way.

It won't last much longer, I honestly have to believe that for my own sanity.
You are right. Sheffield United has better players than us. Or maybe...THEY HAVE A GAME PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.