Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have been wasting time for a few months now, he is still here so we should at least have a replacement lined up.

He's been close to this point before and managed to get some results to save his skin. We can't let that cloud our vision again.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Going over your head this concept.

I don't care about what Ole "wants". Of course he wants to win titles. I'm sure he would like to be at the pinnacle of his profession, like we all do. The board, Woodward and the Glazers wouldn't mind us winning titles either.

The point is, from Glazers and the board's perspective, the club does not NEED to win titles to keep the money flowing. And Ole and the coaching/technical staff evidently do not NEED to win titles to keep their jobs. And that lack of ambition and accountability has direct consequences that we are seeing translated onto the pitch every fecking week.

We are literally watching Arsenal mark 2 play out right in front of our eyes here. How many Arsenal players expect to, or even think about, winning the league title now do you reckon?
Sorry, have we lost the title already then??

Champ

No one is saying he doesn't want to. Stupid comment. Almost childish.

He said that Ole doesn't expect and knows that he doesn't need to win the league to stay in the job. Which is evidently true.

There is no ambition in the club beyond making money. Woodward remaining in a job when being objectively terrible at the footballing side of things, after years of miserable failures and overseeing an unbelievable decline - It reflects what the priorities are and it's not winning.
Childish? Really?
Maybe it's childish to believe that business men believe that not winning will lead to increased profit!!
Ridiculous to be frank.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Worrying signs started against Roma and Liverpool back in May imo + Villarreal of course. I guess after 3rd and 2nd finish it's not awful decision to keep him, but after these few months we've had this season so far, there's no reason to wait for too long anymore.
Plus the AC Milan games. They played us off the park really.

Maybe, but I thought this so many times before and he pulls the results out of the bag. Beat Liverpool next week (yeah, i know, probably not going to happen), and most is forgiven.
Nothing is forgiven this time. Even if we beat them, the gap will only be even bigger come end of November.

The replies :lol: All our rival supporters are absolutely loving it. Ed Woodward is a fecking moron.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Just watching the post match press conference. He is so basic in his analysis. Talking about not winning the 50/50s and earning the right to win.

Sunday league manager.
Has always been. And it shows. On top, too many fans still see him as Ole the player hence he can be poor yet they are still ok with him.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

From where I stand this isn't a matter of what I personally want.

The board trusts Ole.

Any talk of sacking him when he's just 5 points off the top is ridiculous, because it aint happening whatsoever.

He will be sacked if he doesn't bring home a title I'm convinced of it, even top 4 with no trophies won't save his job unless he gets a crazy CL final run.

Ixion

Why is it that nearly all of our players look better playing for their national teams with a bunch of players they don't train with every day?
We have a bunch of players that if we sell them you can gurantee they'll produce somewhere else.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We have been wasting time for a few months now, he is still here so we should at least have a replacement lined up.

He's been close to this point before and managed to get some results to save his skin. We can't let that cloud our vision again.
The issue is that the thinking of fans doesn’t seem to match the thinking of people running the club . The people running United seem to have no understanding of football at all . They are busy giving contract extensions to the coaching staff . Seriously this whole coaching staff should be thankful to United for giving them such a huge opportunity but instead we are giving them extensions out of turn and will then be paying them off for years after they eventually get sacked in a few months. Clueless way of running a club

Giggsy13

What is the general consensus on someone like Laurent Blanc taking an interim role? Granted it was PSG, but he had a win % of 73% and only 16 losses in 3 years in charge. He had a solid defensive record as well in 3 years. Contrast that with Poch now who in less than a year in charge with a stronger squad has produced 9 losses already.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
From where I stand this isn't a matter of what I personally want.

The board trusts Ole.

Any talk of sacking him when he's just 5 points off the top is ridiculous, because it aint happening whatsoever.

He will be sacked if he doesn't bring home a title I'm convinced of it, even top 4 with no trophies won't save his job unless he gets a crazy CL final run.
We shouldn't be 5 points off the top considering the fixture list so far. If it were after the next set of tough fixtures that we were 5 points off the top I'd understand but we've lost some silly points and albeit against Leeds and sections against Newcastle and West Ham we've been bossed in all our fixtures. There's no coherent style of play and it's kick and wish and rely on individual brilliance. Board need to wake up and do it fast before we are 15 points off the top.

The Oracle

What is the general consensus on someone like Laurent Blanc taking an interim role? Granted it was PSG, but he had a win % of 73% and only 16 losses in 3 years in charge. He had a solid defensive record as well in 3 years. Contrast that with Poch now who in less than a year in charge with a stronger squad has produced 9 losses already.
Not another ex-player in charge, please!

If we're after someone from France, look no further than Zidane

TheMitz

I think if we get resoundly beaten by Liverpool next week he will go, regardless of the Atalanta result.

A win/draw or defeat by an odd goal should give him a bit of breathing space at least until end of November at the earliest.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The replies :lol: All our rival supporters are absolutely loving it. Ed Woodward is a fecking moron.
Hodgson all over again.

United and rival fans adored him at Liverpool and never wanted him to leave. It's the exact same with Solskjaer and United now.

Infuriating.

dove

That's exactly what worries me the most. He is quite clearly not good enough to take us forward. But at the same time he is not doing terribly enough to 100% deserve to be sacked. Basically we are stuck with him. We are not gonna win anything but we are not gonna do that terribly either which means we will always be somewhere near to competing but at the same time being miles away from it. We have a very good squad which is absolutely wasted with this management in charge. Unfortunately we have a big portion of Ole inners who believe any manager could become a world class manager if only they are given enough time which complicates things. But oh well, we don't really deserve to be successful as long as we have deluded supporters like this, which it seems we have a lot.

Champ

Unless we sack Ole and hire Conte before next weekend, yes, we have.
Ah, Yes, Conte will solve everything.

Don't get me wrong, Ole needs to sort things out, and something needs to change, but my God Contes style of football will be no better than what we are watching now.

Giggsy13

Not another ex-player in charge, please!

If we're after someone from France, look no further than Zidane
He played 2 very steady and almost unnoticeable seasons for us. As an interim option we could do far worse, I’ve seen Hughes and Bruce mentioned. I don’t think Blanc gets the respect he deserves, he’s a better manager than a lot of other interim options.

pocco

loco
Just watching the post match press conference. He is so basic in his analysis. Talking about not winning the 50/50s and earning the right to win.

Sunday league manager.
I was listening to talksport after a game recently and they were saying that they feel like they got more tactical insight from Bruno, who had been interviewed after the game, than Ole.

Everything he says is basic. He can't live with the level of coaches in our league. The club need to wake the feck up.

pocco

loco

Don't get me wrong, Ole needs to sort things out, and something needs to change, but my God Contes style of football will be no better than what we are watching now.
I thought his Chelsea team was great with the attacking wing backs and wingers. They were deadly at times and carrying some average players.

nodlocnost2

Apparently Leicester fans where singing "Ole's at the wheel", says it all really. Ole not good enough, coaching staff not good enough and the team has no identity in terms of playing style.

Giggsy13

We’re back at square one where the football is dire and we aren’t getting results. Conte will stabilize our back 4 and has experience working with Pogba. As a permanent option, he’s the best available and a proven commodity. Is he a head case, yes, but he’s still below the Jose level of mental instability.

Water Melon

We shouldn't be 5 points off the top considering the fixture list so far. If it were after the next set of tough fixtures that we were 5 points off the top I'd understand but we've lost some silly points and albeit against Leeds and sections against Newcastle and West Ham we've been bossed in all our fixtures. There's no coherent style of play and it's kick and wish and rely on individual brilliance. Board need to wake up and do it fast before we are 15 points off the top.
This. We are playing Atalanta and Pool next week. Then we have Spurs followed by Atalanta and City. By November 6 we could be out of CL and PL championship race. This is a disaster. Pool and City games are guaranteed losses imo, the two games against Atalanta will yield 3 points max. After the summer we have just had and the squad available, it should be curtains for any manager at United, if we throw 2 huge white towels by the first week of November.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueHaze

He's turned Ronaldo into Heskey. Frightening how a manager this bad can be managing one of the biggest clubs on the planet. After the window we had the fans were mostly buzzing with optimism and now it's very possible even top 4 might be in danger if this clueless joke remains at helm.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Conte plays quite a good style of football tbf. Don't stereotype because he's Italian. He doesn't park the bus. He's way more attacking than Tuchel, comparing their times in charge of Chelsea.

DarkDog

Sorry, have we lost the title already then??
Yep, that is exactly the case mate. We are down 5 pts already after 8 games. And we still have not played Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea or even Brighton who seem to be doing nice for themselves.
He who doesn't see the catastrophe is just delusional.
Chelsea has already player City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and they are 5 pts ahead of us. City have already played Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal.
It's over for Ole. Of course the board will give him until mathematically impossible to get into the CL but right now we should sack ole and try to find a better manager before the geordies get the cream and we end up with Koeman or smth

So happy we have the option to extend too. So happy. More than you can believe.
So good, so good :D

spiriticon

His biggest failure is not trusting his whole squad.

I bet Ole wouldn't have given himself a game if he were the manager in 99. He would start Yorke and Cole every single fecking game even if they were on crutches.

I'm furious that Maguire started today when he was so clearly unfit.

Roboc7

What is Ole going to solve, any new manger is a risk but Conte is an enormous upgrade on Ole. Baffles me anyone is still clinging to idea everything is going to work out with Ole.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They also said Jose‘s job was “safe” at one point
This is correct, and two months later he was sacked in November or December.

I don't think Ole will be sacked now, but if by the end of the Arsenal home fixture we aren't in a good position, I foresee the club making a decision.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The whole idea that Ole has been largely successful as a post-Fergie manager, in taking us back up to a level where either he, or the potential next manager can actually compete - only holds true if he can actually succeed now, or the next manager can come in with enough time to do so with this hugely promising squad he’s assembled… No?

… ‘Cos if he’s allowed to soldier on unsuccessfully for another 2 years, when the likes of Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Varane Maguire and Bruno will either be at or past their respective peaks, or gone all together, then this idea that he’s built a great competitive team is merely a meaningless template excuse… and his entire tenure could only be considered a massive, colossal failure in hindsight.

Its all well and good saying “Yeah, Jose won 2 trophies but he left us in a bad state, so Ole’s done a better job” but it’s entirely reliant on him, or whoever comes after him actually being able to better that eventually… Otherwise it’s merely some vibes, a wavy line on a graph and some half impressive but ultimately meaningless statistics.

And the problem is, as there’s really no obvious readymade replacement, and no one can agree on who that should be, we almost certainly will soldier on for at least the bulk of this season, and continue to tell ourselves that he’s done a good job building this squad, until the squad itself invariably passes its point of peak performance, and the next manager needs to replace half the team anyway…

And all because we were so desperate for something we irrationally embraced the numerous red flags of becoming Nostalgia FC.

Good times.

hobbers

Conteball is light years ahead of this Mourinho-lite shit that Ole is serving up.

Not that he's my first choice. Just that if we were to hire someone mid season to turn things around he'd probably have the fastest impact.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
This. We are playing Atalanta and Pool next week. Then we have Spurs followed by Atalanta and City. By November 6 we could be out of CL and PL championship race. This is a disaster. Pool and City games are guaranteed losses imo, the two games against Atalanta will yield 3 points max. After the summer wa have just had and the squad available, it should be curtains for any manager at Unitef, if we throw 2 huge white towels by the first week of November.
Agreed, how can Manchester United's season be over by the first week of November, it's utterly unacceptable, we as fans want to believe, we go into every game backing the team and believing Ole will get this right but sadly it just won't happen, Ole isn't the man. We can still save the season and go on and win the lot if we get a competent tactician in place, our squad is way too good to be made to look amateur like Ole is making them look.

Status
Not open for further replies.