Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

This is why we are where we are

There is no way this was his answer, surely not, it literally is just passion then according to our manager? Surely he doesn't think thats how Fergie was so succesful all those years? Beggars belief

midou

And De Gea has been our best player in this impressive run, could have been even worse.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Barca bring the hammer quick and turn to temporary coach

Pace Abuser

There's nothing to "see through". So many of us have seen how patently clueless he is. But the doe-eyed nostalgic zealots just won't have anyone speak it.

"BuT hE HaS hIs CoAcHiNg BaDgEs"
"GiVe HiM a JoB uPsTaIrS"

We are the only fanbase that seems to have this misplaced belief that having played for the club once upon a time is enough of a qualification. Nothing else needed. Just show some "pAsHuN" and say nice things about SAF.

Ole is clueless. A nothing manager. Worst in the league. Not even league 2 quality. He lucked his way into the job because he once scored a fluke goal and has hung on to it because of individual brilliance of the players at his disposal. Who have done it inspite of him but because of him. Ole has just been a hindrance and his exaggerated so called transfer record is nothing spectacular and most managers could have achieved it given the budget and pull of the club.

I don't care how much it riles his sycophants. Absolutely sick of seeing the decay and rot right infront of our eyes and "chemical Alis'..." defending him.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
What? :lol: That’s just not true
It apparently is..

As a Norwegian (not a supporter of Molde), I follow the Norwegian Eliteserien quite a lot. I think these stats from Ole's time at Molde is quite interesting compared to his successor, Erling Moe.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ole-gunnar-solskjaer/stationen/trainer/7286/plus/1
https://www.transfermarkt.com/erling-moe/stationen/trainer/41529/plus/1

You guys can see the stats yourself, but the short summary is that Molde now is winning more games and scoring more goals with Moe as a manager than Ole.

Ole had a big standing in Molde, but the supporters there often wanted to see him sacked a few times over the years due to underperforming. Molde has maybe the biggest budget and over the years maybe the best overall squad in Norwegian football, but Ole never impressed as a manager there. The time at Molde was quite similar to his time at United actually: No one was impressed by his tactics and ability to make a team progress in terms of playstyle, but he won a decent amount of games due to a decent counterattack and individual performances from his star players.

This Norwegian article from 2019 says the following: "In Molde people have been wanting Ole to be sacked for three years, in Manchester they are so happy because he's their new head coach".

https://www.aftenposten.no/sport/fo...aar-om-at-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-maa-faa-sparke

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I mean it’s clearly not the case that Ole thinks football is just about passion and desire and self expression. Search for tactical analysis videos on YouTube, especially big matches in which he triumphs over Pep for example. His press conferences aren’t helping him at the moment but if he were doing well, this would just have been regarded as a charming quirk or maybe even modesty by focusing the attention on the players instead of the manager.

(Of course if it turns out that all his tactics were devised by Carrick and McKenna then I have nothing more to say.)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Shame you didn't apply same logic.

I might have missed Jose resigning.
I knew that you think about that post. Not a same thing at all.
Jose was a mercenary. Strictly business. From his side and our side (club and fans).
With Ole, according to him and club and fans, it is love story.
Also, Jose was fired after his first bad run (so no chance to turn things around). And even then it was not bad like it is now.

Idxomer

He could just about answer the question. You think he was sly digging. :lol:
He looks to be searching for words all through his answer.

It's incredible the club managed to find someone so clueless and devoid of personality at the same time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I knew that you think about that post. Not a same thing at all.
Jose was a mercenary. Strictly business. From his side and our side (club and fans).
With Ole, according to him and club and fans, it is love story.
Also, Jose was fired after his first bad run (so no chance to turn things around). And even then it was not bad like it is now.
It was not his first bad run, his first bad run was in 2016-17 when we barely won a league game for months. (From Sept to Dec, we won 2/11 league games)

Love story or mercenary, they won't resign as they have enough self belief to turn it around. It's on club to say enough is enough. If you don't have respect for Ole because he didn't resign then I don't know how you can respect Jose when he moaned about everything and still ended up staying.

Mainoldo

He looks to be searching for words all through his answer.

It's incredible the club managed to find someone so clueless and devoid of personality at the same time.
That’s what happens when you don’t have to interview for the job.

E-mal

How is he still in a job ffs! How can our club be so inept in dealing with incompetence? This guy and his team had no buisiness being in our club. He is perhaps the worst manager in the epl with his team.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

:lol:

I’d love to tag all those condescending arseholes from the ‘Caf meltdown’ safe space thread in the General in this post and make them watch this clip on a loop for an hour. Every time United won a game or Solskjaer lucked-out with a fluky win through individual brilliance over the last 6-12 months, they’d flock to their echo chamber and post ‘pAtTErNs oF pLaY’ or some other mocking shite in an attempt to belittle those of us in the football fora who had Solskjaer’s ineptitude marked years back.

The absolute cheek of them - I’ll never forget their arrogant jibes and my anger at our current situation is more directed at those who buried their heads in the sand with unwavering superiority than the man in the dugout actually responsible for our predicament. He is trying his very best but just woefully out of his depth. No shame in that.

His condescending, sycophantic cultists, on the other hand…

Foxbatt

:lol:

I’d love to tag all those condescending arseholes from the ‘Caf meltdown’ safe space thread in the General in this post and make them watch this clip on a loop for an hour. Every time United won a game or Solskjaer lucked-out with a fluky win through individual brilliance over the last 6-12 months, they’d flock to their echo chamber and post ‘pAtTErNs oF pLaY’ or some other mocking shite in an attempt to belittle those of us in the football fora who had Solskjaer’s ineptitude marked years back.

The absolute cheek of them - I’ll never forget their arrogant jibes and my anger at our current situation is more directed at those who buried their heads in the sand with unwavering superiority than the man in the dugout actually responsible for our predicament. He is trying his very best but just woefully out of his depth. No shame in that.

His condescending, sycophantic cultists, on the other hand…
Yes and the teams that play these patterns of play and intricacies are winning all the trophies

USREDEVIL

largelyworried

Predictably the pro-Ole club briefs are gathering pace. The doublethink and gaslighting in this piece is something else.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/sport/article/manchester-united-liverpool-2021
I think the club are going to stick with him, unless we end up with more thrashings in the next few games. While Mitten probably isnt sharing a brief, it’s clear that the mood of those connected to the club seems to be about finding a way to stick with him rather than preparing the ground for an exit. Two draws and a narrow defeat in the next three games and i think he sticks around.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Read the article. Thin as feck. No real analysis of anything. Only mentions the players having a dip in form. No discussion of the tactics whatsoever. Don't waste your time reading it.
One of the worst "articles" I've read in a while.
To be fair, GQ, even the UK version, isn't known for hard-hitting, insightful football writing.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I think the club are going to stick with him, unless we end up with more thrashings in the next few games. While Mitten probably isnt sharing a brief, it’s clear that the mood of those connected to the club seems to be about finding a way to stick with him rather than preparing the ground for an exit. Two draws and a narrow defeat in the next three games and i think he sticks around.
We’re an even bigger laughing stock than I thought if there’s any truth to this.

Sviken

This is the moment I knew this man has no idea what he is doing. You see how passionate Klopp and Pep are when discussing tactics, players - how they fit, philosophies and then you see this guy, our manager, talking about how football is a game of 50/50s, passion and desire. This is how this club is run. Incompetency from top to bottom. Vibes and Mates FC

Status
Not open for further replies.