Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Zlatan

The Liverpool result is almost masking all the previously shit results to the point Ole is just fixating on it and acting like it was a bad day at the office.
This.. We are seeing the same thing as the previous seasons, we rode our luck for the majority of last season, coming back from being down and winning by one goal, clinching on until the end of matches. Most of us knew that’s not sustainable, now our luck ran out, also with the team we have, Ole is under pressure to perform, so that also added to our problems and highlighted his incompetence.

FatTails

Why does everything on the CAF have to be reduced to the absolute simplest of terms and it be used against someone?

Clearly Rooney didn’t mean what the poster has said, but it’s used against him
It’s just a dumb statement. If one player is not putting the effort, the manager can bench him. If the majority aren’t, there is a systemic issue. Either way, it’s not the players who can fix the issue.

Rooney should know having seen firsthand what it was like under Moyes.

Foxbatt

This team has got enough quality to beat ordinary and decent sides and we will do so 9 times out of 10. But if we are to win a trophy we have to beat the top sides equally too.

el3mel

Wish I was that shit in my job but got defended by pretty much all my ex fellows and protected that much by work place.

Ole is by far the luckiest manager in the world.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Wish I was that shit in my job but got defended by pretty much all my ex fellows and protected that much by work place.

Ole is by far the luckiest manager in the world.
One of the best paid too whilst he is very poor at it.

Jibbs

Paul Merson says Manchester United's European rivals will be hoping they win at Tottenham to keep Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in situ at Old Trafford. He is absolutely spot on.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's easy to kick the club when it's down, and many are doing so, but some of you are really taking it badly. So over emotional.

red4ever 79

This team has got enough quality to beat ordinary and decent sides and we will do so 9 times out of 10. But if we are to win a trophy we have to beat the top sides equally too.
Confused who you are referring to. Your username suggests you support Leicester, so what you say could be true. However if you support Utd, then the above is ridiculous. We have taken 1 point from 12. Lost to Villa, Leicester and Liverpool, drawn with Everton. So where is this we will win 9 out of 10 times

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Paul Merson says Manchester United's European rivals will be hoping they win at Tottenham to keep Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in situ at Old Trafford. He is absolutely spot on.
Absolutely. Because when we had top class managers, all of RM, Barca, Bayern, Milan & Co. were absolutely terrified by the thought of facing Man United.

Can we at least remain realistic and focus on actually getting close to a league challenge first before pretending that before Ole we were regularly fighting for trebles.

LUC1f3R

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer walks into a Bank to cash a cheque.
As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms. could you please cash this cheque for me?"
Cashier: It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?
Solskjaer: Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manager of Manchester United.
Cashier: Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID
Solskjaer: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am.
Cashier: I am sorry, Mr Solskjaer but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."
Solskjaer: Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque.
Cashier: Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque. Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?
Solskjaer stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."
Cashier: Will that be large or small notes , Mr Solskjaer?

Andre Kagawa

As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms. could you please cash this cheque for me?"
Solskjaer: Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manager of Manchester United.
Cashier: Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID
Solskjaer: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am.
Cashier: I am sorry, Mr Solskjaer but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."
Cashier: Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque. Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?
Solskjaer stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."
:lol: :lol:

Ralph1386

I haven’t watched the presser yet but heard he was mostly smiling and relaxed throughout. Is this accurate?

RedElf

:lol:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

HailtotheKing

What else is there to be said. Liverpool could have scored 12 and you, me and every other poster on this site knows it. This man is a relegation level coach. Even Steve Bruce can coach a better defence. I loved Ole as a player but yeah, it's time to admit rival fans and pundits were right about him.
Steve Bunce could coach a better defence!

red4ever 79

I haven’t watched the presser yet but heard he was mostly smiling and relaxed throughout. Is this accurate?
Yes. As an opening question he was asked how he was, and he replied fine why shouldn't I be. Something to that effect. He was fixated on the Liverpool result. Think he doesn't understand fans want him out not just because of that result, but the accumulation of results and performances this season

Foxbatt

Confused who you are referring to. Your username suggests you support Leicester, so what you say could be true. However if you support Utd, then the above is ridiculous. We have taken 1 point from 12. Lost to Villa, Leicester and Liverpool, drawn with Everton. So where is this we will win 9 out of 10 times
What are you on about Leicester? What has my moniker got to do with Leicester? I said this team is good enough to do it. Get a competent manager and we will win the it against the big teams.

Redfrog

Yes. As an opening question he was asked how he was, and he replied fine why shouldn't I be. Something to that effect. He was fixated on the Liverpool result. Think he doesn't understand fans want him out not just because of that result, but the accumulation of results and performances this season
Of course he is fine. A week after getting smashed, humiliating the club in the process, he has a quarter of a million more in the bank or so. So he is fine and he loves the club so much. Everyone would.

Devil’s Trident

I have seen this place mocking Madrid supporters throwing their toys out of the pram to put pressure on their players, manager and the hierarchy. Sometimes I can’t help but admire how they let everybody know that standard being dropped at their club won’t be tolerated at any cost. They don’t give a shit whoever whichever legendary figure is at the club in any capacity, Madrid as a club will always be bigger than anyone. Merit over Nepotism. Standards over favouritism. Reality over romanticism. I begrudge this mentality.

Meanwhile at our club we have a cult following of players current and former that goes beyond the love for the club. Faux moral high ground is always the priority even if the club and its standards are decimated right in front of our very own eyes. Clapping and applauding at old Trafford no matter what and if not then you are not considered even a supporter. We deserve him and the board are right not to sack him.

Last edited:

red4ever 79

What are you on about Leicester? What has my moniker got to do with Leicester? I said this team is good enough to do it. Get a competent manager and we will win the it against the big teams.
Leicester are nicknamed the foxes. Hence the reference to your user name. You didn't say anything about a new manager. You said this team can win 9 times out of 10, and I was confused because thats clearly not our team

Atheist

Got to say it’s also surprising that he didn’t apologize for the result. He just brushed it off as it was against any other team.

I don’t blame him for continuing on though. The delusions are far worse along the board and Sir Alex, seemingly backing him.

It’d be a nice change if the next United manager (if and when that happens) would stop talking about the “United DNA” as if it was an actual thing.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Surprisingly good :cool:

DON’T PANIC ™

He’s probably safe now until after the City game. Even with another poor result/performance against Spurs, the Atalanta game turnaround is so short, the board wouldn’t have time to put anything in place. A few extra days before City but any new manager might prefer to sit that one out as another tanking is likely.

Eplel

I like how he says "we weren't good enough against Liverpool". He'd be raving that we owned them if we lost 1-0 or 2-0.

Ralph1386

if players dont do what the manager asks of them, they usually get bollocked or dropped. Not here though...
I think his presser today shows you why he doesn’t keep his players accountable. If he himself is not being held accountable by his own bosses, then why would he feel the need to hold Fred, Maguire, McTominay etc… accountable by dropping them. It all trickles down from the top.

This is not an excuse for him, as I hold him as responsible as his bosses for this circus.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Red Star One

Oh boy :lol:

UDontMessWith24

if players dont do what the manager asks of them, they usually get bollocked or dropped. Not here though...
Anyone that has coached (or managed if you’re on the more civilized side of the Atlantic unlike me)any sport at any level will tell you that is one of the more disastrous things you can do to your team cohesion. It’s also usually a result of the coach lacking the ability to get enough players to buy in.

Skills

Snitch
:lol: I saw this on a Cardiff city forum a few days ago. Still funny

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Hahahahahahaha this just made my day. The ending was exquisite to say the least.

Winrar

Any notion of "we've gotten too far and given him far too much to give up on him" is textbook definition of sunk cost fallacy and should not be a serious idea to be entertained.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s so tedious at this stage. An inept coach backed by a clueless club hierarchy who haven’t the first clue about football. Harry Maguire repeating “nowhere near good enough” whenever he sees a microphone. These words are just drivel at this stage. Can we please get the next failure in so that we can at least dream for a few weeks?

Seij

I like how he says "we weren't good enough against Liverpool". He'd be raving that we owned them if we lost 1-0 or 2-0.
If it was 1-0 or 2-0, he would've done the typical "The boy played well. We were unlucky".

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.