Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewUser777

Sorry but you were doomed from the start. Of course he won't walk away, he's a low tier manager. Coaches that do that are top coaches (top league at least) that know they'll get another chance.

Not Ole, he knows this is it. His last big check, he won't get another job at a top club, feck I even doubt he'll get one at a top league.
And you are doing what for a living?

it’s so tedious how it’s a must not to recognise his work here, and at the same time see that we need someone to turn it around and keep the build going.

what puts this forum and Man Utd fans down in general, is posters like yourself, whose agenda, and after two years of progress is finally left with an open window.

tell me sir. What do you do for a living? What is your football experience and education?

Frank Grimes

Since Ole's appointment an Old Trafford crowd has seen Utd win 50% of our league games. 16 wins, 9 draws and 7 defeats.

I didn't count any game we played where no crowd was present.
I also didn't include the 10,000 fans who seen us draw 1-1 home to fulham on the last home game of last season either. If you count that it's obviously less than half our home games won.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mate we all know if it was a choice to get rid of the owners vs Ole our entire fanbase would chose the first. Idk what more I can say about them it's just a waste of energy.
Same way I feel.

Even under a better coach than Ole I don't think this club will ever get back to where it was until the parasites sell up. Don't trust them to get anything right.

Probably try and get Southgate.

Ludens the Red

We wouldn't, but we don't have a legacy at OT to live up to or at the very least, protect. Ole has one. So if he doesn't resign then yes his legacy should reflect that. A guy who kept playing injured players to save his own skin and all the while ensuring United struggle massively despite having an excellent squad. All this nonsense of him being viewed separately from the player he was should be thrown out the window if he is just another employee who would rather be sacked to ensure that he receives the payout than serve up his resignation when he knows he is dragging the club down.

An example, Neville for all the hate he gets as a pundit, retired midway through a season practically tearing up his contract when he knew he wasn't up to the mark. That is what protecting a legacy is. If Ole cannot do anything like that, then he should be called out.

The Board are inept but Ole is not blame free (not just his performances as a manager) as he is referred to as a legend who "cares" about the club.
Excellent point that..

I don’t think he’ll resign and he won’t because of the pay off. But there’s no doubt if he was United through and through as Neville was he’d step down. We’re not talking about a working class broke man with no money. He’s a multi millionaire. Many many ex players and managers have walked away from large payoffs for the good of their employee or the club. Ole doing it wouldn’t be the extravagant gesture people seem to think it would be.

Idxomer

The man doesn't care about the players, the club or the fans.

FFS at the start of the 2nd half because City players lost some control, Pep was barking orders at his players. I looked at our side and there was Phelan just standing with Ole sitting alongside Carrick behind him on the bench.

El Zoido

The man doesn't care about the players, the club or the fans.

FFS at the start of the 2nd because City players lost some control, Pep was barking orders at his players. I looked at our side and there was Phelan just standing with Ole sitting alongside Carrick behind him on the bench.
Let's be fair to the man, he's United through and through. He cares. He just doesn't have any answers at this point. Everything he's built is crumbling around him and he can't stop it. He sits there looking glum because he knows this is it.

Strats

Absolute negligence
Things like this makes me dislike Ole even more. Such a selfish man.

Weren't there talks about people not wanting Rashford to have his surgery? Wouldn't surprise me if that was Ole seeing how he rushes players back. Wouldn't surprise me if Lindelof was rushed back today aswell. He seemed to holding his back a few times.

NK86

Excellent point that..

I don’t think he’ll resign and he won’t because of the pay off. But there’s no doubt if he was United through and through as Neville was he’d step down. We’re not talking about a working class broke man with no money. He’s a multi millionaire. Many many ex players and managers have walked away from large payoffs for the good of their employee or the club. Ole doing it wouldn’t be the extravagant gesture people seem to think it would be.
Some of the top reds on here have this habit of equating some of our former players to ones who "care for the club". Yet they will turn on the current players at the drop of hat as if they don't care or care less than former players. Load of rubbish.

Ole is looking after his own self. Nothing wrong with that, but then let's not look at him like some sort of true fan who only has the best interests of the club at heart. The common fan who spends out of his pocket to support us are the true fans. Not fkng Ole. He is just an inept manager who used to be a good player for us. That's about it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We wouldn't, but we don't have a legacy at OT to live up to or at the very least, protect. Ole has one. So if he doesn't resign then yes his legacy should reflect that. A guy who kept playing injured players to save his own skin and all the while ensuring United struggle massively despite having an excellent squad. All this nonsense of him being viewed separately from the player he was should be thrown out the window if he is just another employee who would rather be sacked to ensure that he receives the payout than serve up his resignation when he knows he is dragging the club down.

An example, Neville for all the hate he gets as a pundit, retired midway through a season practically tearing up his contract when he knew he wasn't up to the mark. That is what protecting a legacy is. If Ole cannot do anything like that, then he should be called out.

The Board are inept but Ole is not blame free (not just his performances as a manager) as he is referred to as a legend who "cares" about the club.
Excellent point with Neville. True legend would resign. Ole gives a feck about a club. All what he cares is to stay on his first, only and last big job. Loves this club my ass.

Idxomer

Let's be fair to the man, he's United through and through. He cares. He just doesn't have any answers at this point. Everything he's built is crumbling around him and he can't stop it. He sits there looking glum because he knows this is it.
Why does he keep picking players who are injured or ill? This is basically what Mourinho did and people hated him for it.

Eplel

Ole has been given way too much credit for doing the bare minimum, even for things he's not even done.

He "steadied the ship", but all he needed to do this was not be an asshat like Jose Mourinho. His fans say he's great at man management, but that's been exposed as an absolute lie, it's evident that he has clear favourites and he mismanages a lot of our players.

In 3 years, he has nothing to show for it, other than the first couple of months. What a huge waste of time.

suheilsworld

I can’t see ole being fired even after this. It looks like a long season ahead of us. I’m absolutely disheartened seeing our inept manager and board.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I didn't say it after the Liverpool game but I'm now inclined to believe he'll be gone by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

IncyWincySpider

He's absolutely destroying this squad. Their confidence in themselves and in each other is in tatters, the development of the youngsters is stagnating to the point where some of them will either leave or never develop into the players that they might have become, players are being rushed back with injuries risking long term issues...it's an absolute masterclass in how not to run a football club. Almost every decision being made is the wrong one.

Glideman

I don't believe for a second he cares about the club. If he did he would resign but he has 7.5million reasons to keep going...

SAFMUTD

And you are doing what for a living?

it’s so tedious how it’s a must not to recognise his work here, and at the same time see that we need someone to turn it around and keep the build going.

what puts this forum and Man Utd fans down in general, is posters like yourself, whose agenda, and after two years of progress is finally left with an open window.

tell me sir. What do you do for a living? What is your football experience and education?
What exactly is his work? Besides cheering up a squad that was miserable under Mourinho. A task that was done almost by itself just as Mourinho left.

What is my football experience and education? None. I'm a fan, I don't get paid millions to do something football related. I don't know how that has anything to do with criticizing Ole, unless you're from the group that thinks only professional players and coaches can critique someone in football. If so I recommend you to stop visiting the cafe since you won't find many, if any at all, with professional football experience here.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
So if OGS goes, who would you go for? Not that I think it’ll happen, I think Neville is right and they will wait until the season end

Xaviboy

Lads he is a brutal manager/coach or whatever fans want to call him. People saying we still in CL good chance of qualifying next round. Whatever happend today v city and Liverpool a couple weeks back will only happen again in champions league knockouts so what's point. Once Ole and his pals are charge where going no where. End of.

Hope Ranieri finishes him off if not gone by Watford game.

Sviken

I don't believe for a second he cares about the club. If he did he would resign but he has 7.5million reasons to keep going...
He probably does, but he obviously cares more for his paycheck than the club. If you want to look at a person who cares for his club, look at Zidane. Left twice when he thought he couldn't take Real Madrid farther than he had. We'll have to drag Ole kicking and screaming if we are to pry him away from Old Trafford.

Skills

Snitch
Seeing his face generates a lot of dislike within me. That’s really unusual for people that aren’t politicians/criminals etc. Weird that it’s happening over something like football, but there you go.
It's because he's actually quite similar to politicians. He doesn't actually stand for anything - you listen to any of his interviews, and you can tell he isn't a man of any substance. He just says whatever he thinks people will make people like him.

Skills

Snitch
Sorry but you were doomed from the start. Of course he won't walk away, he's a low tier manager. Coaches that do that are top coaches (top league at least) that know they'll get another chance.

Not Ole, he knows this is it. His last big check, he won't get another job at a top club, feck I even doubt he'll get one at a top league.
OGS also as a person just isn't very ambitious. It was the case throughout his playing career, his management career prior to United & now at United as well. He's a happy go lucky guy, who just takes what lifes giving him.

Plassryss

OGS also as a person just isn't very ambitious. It was the case throughout his playing career, his management career prior to United & now at United as well. He's a happy go lucky guy, who just takes what lifes giving him.
I understand the disappointment afte this run and my belief in Ole was over after the L`pool game but lets keep things real. Ole worked hard and never had a complaint for being on the bench a lot despite delivering when given the chance.

Skills

Snitch
I understand the disappointment afte this run and my belief in Ole was over after the L`pool game but lets keep things real. Ole worked hard and never had a complaint for being on the bench a lot despite delivering when given the chance.
I've never said he's not hard working. I've just said he lacks ambition which is true.

Ambitious people aren't happy to settle for careers sat on benches.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
“We just couldn’t get near them - we were totally outclassed today” It’s on the tip of his tongue but he just can’t say it because it would be absolutely damning.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This is Ole in the board meeting with Glazers whom will lap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.