Ole Gunnar Solskjær handling of injuries

Asger

A knock isn't the same as stress fracture. So either Rashford had that before or Ole, who says the fracture happened in Wolves game, is lying through his teeth.

But hey it's definitely the second thing, right.
Of course it is, our spoiled fans are always right about anything.

Enigma_87

You know who
A knock isn't the same as stress fracture. So either Rashford had that before or Ole, who says the fracture happened in Wolves game, is lying through his teeth.

But hey it's definitely the second thing, right.
So, in your opinion is definitely that the medical team was not aware of his condition, despite Rashford having chronic issues with it, having trouble sitting down as per reports before the game - so probably they chose not to examine him or they did but decided they won't tell Solskjaer about it?

Enigma_87

You know who
Of course it is, our spoiled fans are always right about anything.
Ah, yes, spoiled! And the top reds decided the medical team are useless gits that don't monitor players condition and lie the manager about it. Basically all they do is sit with their dick in their hands all day.

Ban

So, in your opinion is definitely that the medical team was not aware of his condition, despite Rashford having chronic issues with it, having trouble sitting down as per reports before the game - so probably they chose not to examine him or they did but decided they won't tell Solskjaer about it?
I didn't say that. Maybe it was a miss communication or something or the reports are not true. Or Rashford played it down. But as I said in the minds of some its automatically all Ole's fault.
Isn't it strange that chronic back problems reports emerged after the game. If it's chronic it happened for a good while.
Also try to keep that top red stuff out of communication, it's childish and it signals the lack of good arguments.

Asger

Ah, yes, spoiled! And the top reds decided the medical team are useless gits that don't monitor players condition and lie the manager about it. Basically all they do is sit with their dick in their hands all day.
Well, maybe Ole, all the players, saf, boardroom, owners, all staffs just sit with their dick in their hands all day. Probably Ole fault.

Enigma_87

You know who
I didn't say that. Maybe it was a miss communication or something or the reports are not true. Or Rashford played it down. But as I said in the minds of some its automatically all Ole's fault.
Isn't it strange that chronic back problems reports emerged after the game. If it's chronic it happened for a good while.
Also try to keep that top red stuff out of communication, it's childish and it signals the lack of good arguments.
We have multiple reports saying the same thing and it was public event so hardly everyone decided just to lie about it to sell papers.

If he was having back issues every respectable medical department will monitor his condition thoroughly. Especially when he was carrying a knock of some sort and is your best player.

He started off the bench in a game, Ole said himself was a must win - hence there was something to worry about his condition. Ole himself said he was carrying a knock - the medical team not monitoring him seems far fetched story.

"He got a knock to his knee and his back. He has been struggling for a while. That's why we kept him away.

"But we needed the win. He was involved in the goal but it backfired.
He openly said it that he was carrying not one but two knocks - back and knee. He's not a doctor so must have been the medical team that gave him that input, no?

Could he play, hence the medical team giving him a green light? Probably yes and he did in the first 15 mins he was on. Was there a great risk to re-injure himself? Pretty much so considering he was carrying not one, but two knocks. Was Ole aware that he was carrying two knocks and that "he has been struggling for a while"? Apparently yes, by his own admission. Who is responsible to take the decision of putting him on, the medical team or the manager?

On the top red stuff - it wasn't directed to you, but the other poster who kicked off with the "spoiled" angle.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well, maybe Ole, all the players, saf, boardroom, owners, all staffs just sit with their dick in their hands all day. Probably Ole fault.
Yeah, it isn't the managers fault subbing on a player that is struggling, knowing he has two problems - knee and back. It's Woodwards, Glazers and the medical team of course.

Ban

We have multiple reports saying the same thing and it was public event so hardly everyone decided just to lie about it to sell papers.

If he was having back issues every respectable medical department will monitor his condition thoroughly. Especially when he was carrying a knock of some sort and is your best player.

He started off the bench in a game, Ole said himself was a must win - hence there was something to worry about his condition. Ole himself said he was carrying a knock - the medical team not monitoring him seems far fetched story.

He openly said it that he was carrying not one but two knocks - back and knee. He's not a doctor so must have been the medical team that gave him that input, no?

Could he play, hence the medical team giving him a green light? Probably yes and he did in the first 15 mins he was on. Was there a great risk to re-injure himself? Pretty much so considering he was carrying not one, but two knocks. Was Ole aware that he was carrying two knocks and that "he has been struggling for a while"? Apparently yes, by his own admission. Who is responsible to take the decision of putting him on, the medical team or the manager?

On the top red stuff - it wasn't directed to you, but the other poster who kicked off with the "spoiled" angle.
I'm not saying papers are lying about it but we havent heard of the chronic back problems before.
If medical gave him a green light with that kind of a problem it is a problem.
If they didn't and Ole risked it still its a gross negligence on his part.
But the whole story seems a bit messed up.

C3Pique

Ole doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. It's backfired spectacularly, we even have reports in the papers asking him to open his eyes before he's out for a long time. McTom, Pogba, Rashford, Maguire, Jesse last season.

Top 4 funnily enough would be realistic had we had a few more available. We'll see when we get some midfielders back can Greenwood step in but I think Ole has fecked it now with our best player out for so long.

Ole, the board, the other training staff, it's just mistake after mistake. Lukaku is out the club 5 minutes and Inter find his digestive problem.
Whats this about - I never heard about this?

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm not saying papers are lying about it but we havent heard of the chronic back problems before.
If medical gave him a green light with that kind of a problem it is a problem.
If they didn't and Ole risked it still its a gross negligence on his part.
But the whole story seems a bit messed up.
Look at the interview above - by his own admission he was having trouble with knee and back. He was playing him in every single game without a rest for months now. He knew he was struggling with injuries but still decided to run him into the ground.

He has played 2364 minutes so far into the season, the only two games he didn't partake was against Astana and AZ(had a hip injury against Rochdale).

Let's say, for the sake of the argument, that he didn't know the exact extend of the injuries he had, do you still think this is proper management of Rashford, playing him 90 mins in every game possible, even rarely subbing him off, knowing full well he was having issues in his knee and back?

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
There's obviously some mistakes being made on the training/players fitness side of things as we've been suffering an awful lot of injuries pretty much since Fergie left. I remember it being a huge problem under van gaal and he publicly criticised the way we did things and actively tried to change things but I never noted any improvement, same under Mourinho.
You look at Liverpool or even city, apart from a few key injuries this season, and wonder what we are doing so differently to create this problem.

spiriticon

You guys are putting way too much faith in our current medical staff actually being decent to diagnose anything in good time for the manager's benefit. Players have been falling like flies for about 5 years.

Our medics haven't got a clue and are probably worst in class within the top 6.

Enigma_87

You know who
You guys are putting way too much faith in our current medical staff actually being decent to diagnose anything in good time for the manager's benefit. Players have been falling like flies for about 5 years.

Our medics haven't got a clue and are probably worst in class within the top 6.
Well that's simply not true:
https://www.cuteinjury.co.uk/blog/item/premier-league-injury-analysis-2018/

Arsenal had the worst record during five years span (2013/2018). We had 9 more injuries than Liverpool and City.

Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham - all suffered more having players sidelined during that period.

spiriticon

Well that's simply not true:
https://www.cuteinjury.co.uk/blog/item/premier-league-injury-analysis-2018/

Arsenal had the worst record during five years span (2013/2018). We had 9 more injuries than Liverpool and City.

Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham - all suffered more having players sidelined during that period.
Alright. Second worst in class within the top 6 then. I don't believe Liverpool have more injuries than us.

We've an injury crisis every year for about 6 years. It's par for the course at United regardless of the manager in charge.

Enigma_87

You know who
Alright. Second worst in class within the top 6 then. I don't believe Liverpool have more injuries than us.

We've an injury crisis every year for about 6 years. It's par for the course at United regardless of the manager in charge.
Arsenal are in different dimension and by far the worst. We have comparable record to City and Liverpool. Bear in mind we had perma crocks like Bailly, Jones and Rojo that also boosted our numbers(of course other teams have too).

spiriticon

Arsenal are in different dimension and by far the worst. We have comparable record to City and Liverpool. Bear in mind we had perma crocks like Bailly, Jones and Rojo that also boosted our numbers(of course other teams have too).
You call it perma crocks, I call it poor medical advice on how to best prepare their body for football.

Ole has made a mistake with Rashford, I accept that, but our medical team is generally a disgrace and people must see that.

Even Jose Mourinho's United team, famous for its low running mileage, had an injury crisis. How the feck is that even possible?

Enigma_87

You know who
You call it perma crocks, I call it poor medical advice on how to best prepare their body for football.

Ole has made a mistake with Rashford, I accept that, but our medical team is generally a disgrace and people must see that.

Even Jose Mourinho's United team, famous for its low running mileage, had an injury crisis. How the feck is that even possible?
If our medical department is a disgrace than surely you should be throwing stones at City and Liverpool mate. Their injury list is as long as ours and in case of Liverpool their players have missed more matches than us.

Not to mention the defensive crisis City endured this season which practically voided their entire year.

Since the last year training regime change we boosted our injury record by quite a bit(even by our standards). It's not always the MD to blame..

spiriticon

If our medical department is a disgrace than surely you should be throwing stones at City and Liverpool mate. Their injury list is as long as ours and in case of Liverpool their players have missed more matches than us.

Not to mention the defensive crisis City endured this season which practically voided their entire year.

Since the last year training regime change we boosted our injury record by quite a bit(even by our standards). It's not always the MD to blame..
Our injury record is still worse than either or those clubs though. But i don't care what they do. I care what we do and it is not acceptable to have to deal with an injury crisis every year for the past 5 years.

Doesn't matter if its Ole, Poch or Allegri in charge. This team will not get anywhere near top 4 if there are constant unending injuries.

youngrell

I'm certain that the decision over a player's availability is done collectively between manager, medical staff and most importantly, the player.

Laying it all at the manager's door just seems too convenient for anyone looking to bash him at every possible moment.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Let me refresh your memory, ahead of Champions League final Diego Costa was out injured for a while. Had to fly to Serbia to certain horse placenta treatment and Diego Simeone and the staff did everything to get him fit for it. And he got injured in first half and had to be subbed off.

Things like these happen even in 2020, it's a outrage of course but it can happen.

Bojan11

Let me refresh your memory, ahead of Champions League final Diego Costa was out injured for a while. Had to fly to Serbia to certain horse placenta treatment and Diego Simeone and the staff did everything to get him fit for it. And he got injured in first half and had to be subbed off.

Things like these happen even in 2020, it's a outrage of course but it can happen.
Seriously?

You comparing champions league final which is the biggest game of a players career and the last game of the season to a third round replay?

I would want a player to risk it for a champions league final. Worst that can happen is yes the injury can reoccur but it’s the last game of the season. So if they get injured they may as well get injured on the last game not in January.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Seriously?

You comparing champions league final which is the biggest game of a players career and the last game of the season to a third round replay?

I would want a player to risk it for a champions league final. Worst that can happen is yes the injury can reoccur but it’s the last game of the season. So if they get injured they may as well get injured on the last game not in January.
Game is a game, it can happen.

Bojan11

Game is a game, it can happen.
One is the last game of the season and the biggest in a footballers career so don’t blame them for taking a risk to be fit. The other is a third round replay, so no a game isn’t a game.

youngrell

One is the last game of the season and the biggest in a footballers career so don’t blame them for taking a risk to be fit. The other is a third round replay, so no a game isn’t a game.
A player risks injury at anytime during any game.

The comparison was silly because Costa was injured going into the game, Rashford was injured during the game.

Bojan11

A player risks injury at anytime during any game.

The comparison was silly because Costa was injured going into the game, Rashford was injured during the game.
Rashford was also carrying the injury in the game apparently. That’s the whole point of this thread. It was so bad he couldn’t sit down to do interviews.

If you want a player to risk it then it’s the last game of the season especially a final. We risking players in a FA cup replay is madness but that’s down to our inept transfer dealings.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Oh FFS.
Pogba: Did his ankle vs Palace(?). Had treatment and scans and was deemed fit to join the squad. Played in a cup game vs Rochdale and made his injury much worse. Which one of these scenarios seems the most likely: 1) He was deemed fit and this was seen as a good opportunity to regain some match fitness in a low intensity game. 2) Pogba was in severe discomfort, but Ole forced him to play because he HAD to play vs fecking Rochdale

McTomminay: Did his ankle vs Partizan, returned and played well then hurt his knee vs Newcastle. As far as i know, knee and ankle is not the same. Anyways he stayed on the pitch for the entire half, but when that happens there are mainly two parties that need to make the call. The medical staff that gives the player treatment and the player himself. Do you see managers run onto the pitch and conduct medical examinations? Sure he could have taken him off as a precaution, but that would mean we would have to sub a player every time he went down. Hell James would have been have to be subbed like 3 times each game since he gets clattered non stop'

Rashford: Yes, he had backpain. That device everyone talks about is something he has used his entire life. He had loads of back problems while going through puberty. The medical staff and the player himself and the coaching team knew he had pain, but he still got green lighted to participate in the squad vs Wolves. If its the case here that he was deemed a high risk for injury by the medical people and was advised to not join the squad, and still Ole went against their recommendations, then yes. That is severe negligence on his part an utterly unforgivable

Like i get, it. You dont think hes a good enough manager, but stop with the damn smears please. Rashford in particular should ideally have been rested more, but seeing as hes our most important player and we lack good backup you either take risk with having your best players play a lot of games, or you put out a weakened side. We went into the season with 4 senior attackers sharing 3 spots. With a squad this thin stress injuries like these was bound to happen.
The results speak for themselves. Not to mention Maguire has also played on through Injury unnecessarily. It is also no coincidence with McTominay and Rashford who have been overplayed.

Regarding Pogba, if he had had surgery in the first place (which the club had been trying to avoid) he would have been back before Christmas.

youngrell

Rashford was also carrying the injury in the game apparently. That’s the whole point of this thread. It was so bad he couldn’t sit down to do interviews.

If you want a player to risk it then it’s the last game of the season especially a final. We risking players in a FA cup replay is madness but that’s down to our inept transfer dealings.
I will believe the manager over the press, for the time being. He was stated twice now that Rashford was not injured prior to the game but was carrying a few knocks, which is quite common. He took a knee to the back during the game. That can happen at any moment.

Also, MR even posted a photo of him sitting with Giggs for that interview you mention on Insta. Followed by a photo of him sitting down replying to fan mail...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe just maybe he wasn't given a right input from the medical team and they have given a green light for Marcus to play.

But hey maybe I'm just a brown nose poster right.
Thats why he was on the bench and not starting...

Bojan11

I will believe the manager over the press, for the time being. He was stated twice now that Rashford was not injured prior to the game but was carrying a few knocks, which is quite common. He took a knee to the back during the game. That can happen at any moment.

Also, MR even posted a photo of him sitting with Giggs for that interview you mention on Insta. Followed by a photo of him sitting down replying to fan mail...
The same manager who was saying he’d be out for a few weeks originally before the press confirmed he’d be out for months. So he lost some trust from me when he couldn’t be bothered telling the truth about how long Rashford was out for.

youngrell

The same manager who was saying he’d be out for a few weeks originally before the press confirmed he’d be out for months. So he lost some trust from me when he couldn’t be bothered telling the truth about how long Rashford was out for.
Perhaps he didn't want to reveal the severity of the injury? For a variety of reasons.

Ban

Press didnt confirm anything. It's just speculation at this point.

Bojan11

Press didnt confirm anything. It's just speculation at this point.
Henry Winter tweeted during the Liverpool game he’d be out for months. Before the Liverpool game Ole said he’d be out for weeks. Then suddenly after the Liverpool game when questioned about the reports changes from weeks to he could be out for a while.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Bar 1 or 2 seasons, we've had persistent injury problems going back until early 2007. Year on year we have key players out or a crisis where the squad depth gets seriously tested. Something needs to be done about it.

Ban

Henry Winter tweeted during the Liverpool game he’d be out for months. Before the Liverpool game Ole said he’d be out for weeks. Then suddenly after the Liverpool game when questioned about the reports changes from weeks to he could be out for a while.
Henry Winter tweet. That settles it then.

youngrell

And those reasons are?
Oh I don't know, maybe he didn't want to give opponents a target when he returns, or maybe MR himself didn't want the information to be public. There could be a multitude of reasons but you've chosen to go with 'the manager's a liar'.