Ole Gunnar Solskjær handling of injuries

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The results speak for themselves. Not to mention Maguire has also played on through Injury unnecessarily. It is also no coincidence with McTominay and Rashford who have been overplayed.

Regarding Pogba, if he had had surgery in the first place (which the club had been trying to avoid) he would have been back before Christmas.
Results? Injury results?

Pogba injury was terrible luck (or Pogba downing tools depending on your view on him). But managers dont hold medical degrees. They have to make their decisions based on the assessment of the medical staff. Do you really think there has been a situation where surgery was recommended for Pogba and Ole said "Feck, it. I need him for Rochdale"

McTomminay is all guts and thunder playing style and that tends to end in injury. As i said, he injured his ankle first, then his knee. He did not get "rushed back" in any way and when he went down early vs Newcastle, the decision to get subbed really has to be made by either the medical staff and/or the player himself. McTomminay has not really been overplayed compared to Fred, but even then we really dont have anyone else besides Garner/Pereira

Maguire playing through pain/injury illustrates my point exactly. At this point in the season pretty much everyone is in some sort of discomfort/pain and the manager has to make gambles all the time about who plays and not. Sometimes they pull through and other they dont. Pep blamed the program as so many other foreign managers have done over the years. The Christmas period in the EPL is just insane and with so many matches with little rest players are bound to get injured.

Regarding Rashford that everyone gets so riled up about, which one of these scenarios do you think are most plausible
1) Ole went out with malicious intent and tried to have him injured/ruin his career
2) They knew he was in pain, yet he was greenlighted to join the squad and they thought he could handle 30 mins

90 + 5min

To accuse Solskjaer for injuries we have is another hit under the belt. Another cheap shot. Another anti Solskjaer thread. If I remember well we had even worse injury list last Ferguson years. Nobody accused him for bad coachning. We had injuries with all managers post Fergie. Difference between then and now is having supermanager Fergie and also having a squad where our 2nd team would win against our first eleven this year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
To accuse Solskjaer for injuries we have is another hit under the belt. Another cheap shot. Another anti Solskjaer thread. If I remember well we had even worse injury list last Ferguson years. Nobody accused him for bad coachning. We had injuries with all managers post Fergie. Difference between then and now is having supermanager Fergie and also having a squad where our 2nd team would win against our first eleven this year.
No, the difference is that Ole doesn't sub them once they've gotten injured, rushes them back from injuries and runs them into the ground.

Whether or not his training methods create more injuries - as oppose to other managers we've had - is another debate altogether.

90 + 5min

No, the difference is that Ole doesn't sub them once they've gotten injured, rushes them back from injuries and runs them into the ground.

Whether or not his training methods create more injuries - as oppose to other managers we've had - is another debate altogether.
That is just guessing. Solskjaer doesn’t rush anybody back. Every manager trust club medical team including doctors, physiotherapist and so on. If people want to discuss injuries and Solskjaer you need to know how it goes when a player gets injuries. Only when medical team approves ”comeback” it is on Solskjaer if he want to use them or on. If he thinks they can play or not.

arthurka

Nothing new at Utd, often had difficulties fielding a team under other managers with even bigger squads..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That is just guessing. Solskjaer doesn’t rush anybody back. Every manager trust club medical team including doctors, physiotherapist and so on. If people want to discuss injuries and Solskjaer you need to know how it goes when a player gets injuries. Only when medical team approves ”comeback” it is on Solskjaer if he want to use them or on. If he thinks they can play or not.
Well, I remember thinking it was stupid to have Pogba play against Rochdale after coming back from injury, as we had Arsenal just days later. He ended up playing both games (120mins and 90mins). I also thought immediately when I saw McTominay wincing on the pitch that he should come off, sharpish, as again, Pogba was being nursed back form injury and we were going to need McTominay desperately. Played on. Definitely made it worse. Then Maguire, carries on playing after tearing a muscle, in an FA Cup game that's basically an interference for us now as we don't have the players to cope with the amount of games. Then, there's the Rashford nightmare.

Speculation? I've watched it unfold, same as everyone else.

Chairman Steve

Our injury management was pretty good under Jose as I remember. I think he even says himself that he’s good at dealing with injury risks and has a pretty good record of it at most clubs he’s been too. LVGs reign was rife with injuries.

Injuries are part and parcel with any sport. There’s always a likelihood it will happen in something as physically demanding as football and you should be ready for when it happens. I don’t think getting rid of players and not replacing them is the way you do that. You just place huge risk and pressure on everyone else in the squad, from the older established players who can’t afford to get injured or have to play injured, down to the youth players who have to be thrown into the deep end in pressure situations.

90 + 5min

Well, I remember thinking it was stupid to have Pogba play against Rochdale after coming back from injury, as we had Arsenal just days later. He ended up playing both games (120mins and 90mins). I also thought immediately when I saw McTominay wincing on the pitch that he should come off, sharpish, as again, Pogba was being nursed back form injury and we were going to need McTominay desperately. Played on. Definitely made it worse. Then Maguire, carries on playing after tearing a muscle, in an FA Cup game that's basically an interference for us now as we don't have the players to cope with the amount of games. Then, there's the Rashford nightmare.

Speculation? I've watched it unfold, same as everyone else.
We can argue if it was wise playing Pogba in that game. Pure tactical. Not looking at a potential injury. He played because he needed minutes. He played because he was given green light from doctors.
McTom would have come of if I was manager because he was not 100 after he went down. Maguire was injuried for a game. Nothing to be said there. And Rashford, as much as you love to blame Solskjaer, would have had a No go from medic team if they thought he couldn’t play.

If medic team is influenced by things is another matter and if we hade a bigger squad maybe we would not have those injuries but we have the squad we have. And as long as we don’t get players we will be fragile to injuries.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We can argue if it was wise playing Pogba in that game. Pure tactical. Not looking at a potential injury. He played because he needed minutes. He played because he was given green light from doctors.
McTom would have come of if I was manager because he was not 100 after he went down. Maguire was injuried for a game. Nothing to be said there. And Rashford, as much as you love to blame Solskjaer, would have had a No go from medic team if they thought he couldn’t play.

If medic team is influenced by things is another matter and if we hade a bigger squad maybe we would not have those injuries but we have the squad we have. And as long as we don’t get players we will be fragile to injuries.
I did argue that. It was stupid to play him. That's my opinion. And it was stupid to continue to play Maguire and McTominay after they were injured. And it was stupid to never rest Rashford. Fair enough, you see nothing wrong with this. I'm at the opposite side of the spectrum.

el3mel

It's normal to have injuries but Ole's stupid management of injured players has led to aggravating the majority of them. Maybe with smarter management we would have had Pogba, Scott and Rashford playing now, instead of stupidly rushing them for useless cup games or keeping playing them while they were injuried. There are no two ways about it, his management of injuries has been the dumbest I have seen.

Honestly find it pretty weird how are some using injuries as an excuse for him when he played a direct role in aggravating the majority of them.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's normal to have injuries but Ole's stupid management of injured players has led to aggravating the majority of them. Maybe with smarter management we would have had Pogba, Scott and Rashford playing now, instead of stupidly rushing them for useless cup games or keeping playing them while they were injuried. There are no two ways about it, his management of injuries has been the dumbest I have seen.

Honestly find it pretty weird how are some using injuries as an excuse for him when he played a direct role in aggravating the majority of them.
Pogba had to take time out to do the operation anyways, or are you saying Ole caused his injuries this season? Scott was injured, he is still out. How can he possibly be ready now, with better time management? Rashford had to rest out his initial injury now even before he got the second one. The next injury only ment he'd be out for longer now.
I get that the squad is thin, I get that we need a culture where players want to give everything for the club but we do need responsible people managing them. I don't think it has been really bad so far. It is a thin angle, not enough substance to form a valid statement about it.

I think we need to see a few more incidents to confirm the suspicion. What we've seen is very normal in football, imo. A player gets played against a shit team to gain fitness before an important game, got injured. Happens to injury prone players all the time. A player tries to play on, doesn't manage to do so and goes off with injury. Or did something else happen with McTominay that I'm forgetting? As for the Rashford situation, I'm certain Kane has done something similar every year the last few seasons. Both play a game through injury and get injured, and get injured coming back from previous injury. Better not hire Poch then?:rolleyes:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Are we a team with the most injuries for first team players? What did Ole say about this? Any plan by him to redeem this? Or just blame it on "cursed", "out of luck", etc.??

SAFMUTD

Rushing Pogba back, and specially the way he handled Rashford are one of the stupidest decisions I’ve seen from a manager, anyone could see it was just a matter of time before Rashford ended up injured but hey, lets play him every freaking single match.

el3mel

Pogba had to take time out to do the operation anyways, or are you saying Ole caused his injuries this season? Scott was injured, he is still out. How can he possibly be ready now, with better time management? Rashford had to rest out his initial injury now even before he got the second one. The next injury only ment he'd be out for longer now.
I get that the squad is thin, I get that we need a culture where players want to give everything for the club but we do need responsible people managing them. I don't think it has been really bad so far. It is a thin angle, not enough substance to form a valid statement about it.

I think we need to see a few more incidents to confirm the suspicion. What we've seen is very normal in football, imo. A player gets played against a shit team to gain fitness before an important game, got injured. Happens to injury prone players all the time. A player tries to play on, doesn't manage to do so and goes off with injury. Or did something else happen with McTominay that I'm forgetting? As for the Rashford situation, I'm certain Kane has done something similar every year the last few seasons. Both play a game through injury and get injured, and get injured coming back from previous injury. Better not hire Poch then?:rolleyes:
Pogba was rushed from injury against Rochdale. Scott played 40 more minutes on his injury instead of being subbed immediately on. Rashford was subbed on while suffering from various knocks instead of getting rest to give these knocks some time to heal. All this aggravated their injuries and set them back for further more time than what it should have been.

90 + 5min

I did argue that. It was stupid to play him. That's my opinion. And it was stupid to continue to play Maguire and McTominay after they were injured. And it was stupid to never rest Rashford. Fair enough, you see nothing wrong with this. I'm at the opposite side of the spectrum.
No. You are arguing that it is Solskjaer who made them injuried. Nothing about tactical. Something I prove is wrong because no manager can play a player unless they get ok from medical team. Hansn’t anyone been around professional teams and know how this stuff work?

Pogba was rushed from injury against Rochdale. Scott played 40 more minutes on his injury instead of being subbed immediately on. Rashford was subbed on while suffering from various knocks instead of getting rest to give these knocks some time to heal. All this aggravated their injuries and set them back for further more time than what it should have been.
Why do you always try to get at Solskjaer? Every day, every time, every way. We know you hate him and it is ok. But come on. There is need to argue about things Solskjaer have little to do with. As I said. Managers trusts their medical teams and follow their advices.
What is next he will be accountable for. Brexit? Climate change? Paradise hotel?

nutmegrush

This all stems from carrying such a thin squad into the season. Blame that on who you will.