Ole Gunnar Solskjær handling of injuries

Bojan11

Henry Winter tweet. That settles it then.
What? You should really give up your stick of trying to be funny because last time it ended with you being banned before you rejoined again.

So why did Ole say he’d be out for a few weeks before the Liverpool game? Then changed his tune to he’d be out for a while when told about the reports. Do you really think with a double fracture in the back he’s going to be back in a few weeks? He’s lucky if he plays this season again.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah he was on the bench cause in that time he apparently had a knock.
Im not going to blame Ole (or him solely) however the signs were there. Ole had been praising Rashford for playing through pain and injury for the past few weeks

Ban

What? You should really give up your stick of trying to be funny because last time it ended with you being banned before you rejoined again.

So why did Ole say he’d be out for a few weeks before the Liverpool game? Then changed his tune to he’d be out for a while when told about the reports. Do you really think with a double fracture in the back he’s going to be back in a few weeks? He’s lucky if he plays this season again.
I'm not trying to be funny and please don't lecture me about being banned or not. It's none of your business.

You said press confirmed how long will be out and tried to confirm that with a tweet. As if press knows for sure how long exactly he'll be out.
Youre going with the agenda of Ole lying and will twist his words so it suits it.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
I see people suddenly have becomes doctors now, and our local doom and gloom enigma has found a new stone to bash Ole with. Just thought I’d share some quotes from Ben Dinnery.

The stealth-like qualities of a Pars Stress Fracture
This stress reaction has James Bond-like qualities; it can develop for months on end without being detected. It is stealth in its infancy. As Rashford continued to pursue his dream of playing for United and rise from prospect to hero, so too did his stress reaction; it fractured. And just like Rashford learned how to make clever raiding runs into the opponent's box to fracture their defence by attacking areas where they were most vulnerable, so too did the stress reaction: it learned where best it could become a fracture. It learned to strike the part of the spinal segment where it is most vulnerable: the pars interarticularis (pars for short), a known weak spot.

Who’s to blame?
I’ve read all the speculation in relation to the performance of the Manchester United Sports Medicine Team on social media; however, he is in fact in the very best of hands. From the outside looking in, it is very easy to criticise and let’s face it everyone has a PHD in “hindsight”. Not knowing all the facts pertaining to this specific case, I do not doubt that the medical team at United always acted in the best interests of the player. Injuries happen and if one were to lay blame anywhere, then the rising nature of fixture overload would be a reasonable place to start.

http://premierinjuries.com/betting-article.php?id=463

Bojan11

I'm not trying to be funny and please don't lecture me about being banned or not. It's none of your business.

You said press confirmed how long will be out and tried to confirm that with a tweet. As if press knows for sure how long exactly he'll be out.
Youre going with the agenda of Ole lying and will twist his words so it suits it.
Lecture you? I was just telling you that your try to be funny skit didn’t work out for you Mali last time.

You are making no sense here. Do you think Rashford will be back in a few weeks like Ole originally said? Answer that first.

Why then change his tune from few weeks before the game to he will be out for a while straight after the game? Why tell multiple answers within a few hours? He has a serious injury and he’d be lucky to play again this season.

Ban

Lecture you? I was just telling you that your try to be funny skit didn’t work out for you Mali last time.

You are making no sense here. Do you think Rashford will be back in a few weeks like Ole originally said? Answer that first.

Why then change his tune from few weeks before the game to he will be out for a while straight after the game? Why tell multiple answers within a few hours? He has a serious injury and he’d be lucky to play again this season.
Don't give me any advice then. I'm not giving you an advice how to post nor do I care about it. If I were you I'd stop it.
My point is nobody knows for sure how long he'll be out. Your problem and other posters problem is you hang on every little word Ole says.

Bojan11

Don't give me any advice then. I'm not giving you an advice how to post nor do I care about it. If I were you I'd stop it.
My point is nobody knows for sure how long he'll be out. Your problem and other posters problem is you hang on every little word Ole says.
So saying a player will be out for few weeks is a little word now? Ok Mali.

youngrell

So saying a player will be out for few weeks is a little word now? Ok Mali.
'A few weeks' is not a definitive answer in any scenario, it is a figure of speech and can mean anything from 2 weeks to 10 weeks or more depending on the person using it. Just as Ole's later response of 'out for a while' can be interpreted in the same way.

dove

His lies is what gets me most. Pogba and Shaw were out for "2-3 weeks" according to him which turned out to be a few months for Shaw's "hamstring" injury while Pogba looks like will be out for all season. Same with Rashford, "few weeks" quickly changed "out for a while". I get that he is a Mr Positive guy but for feck sakes, how hard is it to tell the truth? Rashford played with fractured bone because according to Ole himself, he wanted to play which kind of proves we have no manager/medical staff.

Bojan11

What the heck are you on about, what Mali. You're losing it, maybe the best we stop this silly conversation.
Oh you know who I am on about. You gave it away too easily. Should have tried better to blend in.

Yes Mali, I can stop the convo because like your precious account it isn’t really going anywhere with you.

BlahRules

You can not get a dumber manager than OGS; no one would sub on an injured but OGS, dumbass.

Now this dumbass trying to get some positive from this injury; more minutes for the other players. They're all shit you dumbass.

Ban

Oh you know who I am on about. You gave it away too easily. Should have tried better to blend in.

Yes Mali, I can stop the convo because like your precious account it isn’t really going anywhere with you.
:lol:
Ok mate. Whatever. I guess it's voices in your head today.

Bojan11

What's Mali?
Mali Zeus one of the biggest twat ever on this forum. Just went around making shit jokes in every thread. Mods had enough of them and banned him for good. Was from Croatia and Zagreb.

Funny enough few months later another account as I can’t be bothered mentioning him again shows up with the same shit posting style. You can guess who that is.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
You can not get a dumber manager than OGS; no one would sub on an injured but OGS, dumbass.

Now this dumbass trying to get some positive from this injury; more minutes for the other players. They're all shit you dumbass.
Ben Dinnery is leading expert on injuries btw.. Fecking hell.. The state of this place..

The Firestarter

Mali Zeus one of the biggest twat ever on this forum. Just went around making shit jokes in every thread. Mods had enough of them and banned him for good. Was from Croatia and Zagreb.

Funny enough few months later another account as I can’t be bothered mentioning him again shows up with the same shit posting style. You can guess who that is.
Well I don't know maybe that's just the type of humour they teach in school there ?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don't, but now more reports have circulated that Rashford did have a back injury prior to the Wolves game.
So stop talking crap. It's people like you that believe whatever bullshit the media says that makes them continue saying it.

A knock isn't a fracture. You're an idiot if you really think Ole would knowingly make Rashford play if he really had a stress fracture at the back, that Rashford would risk his career to play what it basically meaningless game in his career and that the club would allow either of them to risk injury on a multi-million asset.

The most likely answer is that Rashford probably had it all along but due to the nature of it didn't realise it was that serious and didn't raise it up to the medical team and it all blew up in the Wolves game.

Last edited:

BlahRules

Ben Dinnery is leading expert on injuries btw.. Fecking hell.. The state of this place..
Pogba got lengthy injury because OGS played him when he was injured and now Rashford. He also played Maguire while injured luckily we didn't see him get injured. If you think OGS is not at fault then we have a bigger problem. Obviously you could be just the one.

youngrell

Pogba got lengthy injury because OGS played him when he was injured and now Rashford. He also played Maguire while injured luckily we didn't see him get injured. If you think OGS is not at fault then we have a bigger problem. Obviously you could be just the one.
Pogba played against Rochdale in order to build up his fitness for the Arsenal match a few days later. His injury flared up again and got worse.

TRUERED89

He is not dealing with injuries well that is for sure. We have had injuries before, but the managers have often taken the time before playing them again.
Now we seem to rush everything.
It is hard to know who to fully blame. Feels like our medical team is pretty poor though.
The players were dropping like flies during his interim run too. At the time we said, oh they just weren't fit enough under Jose so they need to get used to the more intense training. But a year on the same issues are persisting BUT getting worse this time!

ottosec

It's not the fact that he plays players into the ground that is mindblowing, it's the fact that he chooses to risk important players that are not 100% fit in useless games. Except for Rashford, he did the exact same thing with Pogba when he played him for 90 minutes after he returned from a long injury against Rochdale.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We have a small squad of players so it is no surprise that injuries stack up. Players play with injury all the time and occasionally this turns out to be a bad idea. Sometimes it is mismanagement and sometimes it is bad luck. The knee-jerk reaction is all the people in this thread who KNOW what happened and why and then blame Ole. They have zero idea what actually happened.
We do know what happened. Rashford had a single fracture from God knows when which has been confirmed. Rashford has been carrying a bone fracture healing machine for weeks. Against Norwich he came off injured and I don't know how many games I've seen him pull up holding his back. It doesn't matter how small a squad we have. I understand Ole knows every result counts but he can't keep playing players who obviously need a rest period. Did he really have to rush Pogba back against the mighty Rochdale? Or keep playing Mctominay? Or letting Maquire play on when he was obviously hurt? It's the managers responsibility to try and keep injuries to a minimum and not keep flogging them like dead horses and my own personal opinion is he's failing miserably.

youngrell

We do know what happened. Rashford had a single fracture from God knows when which has been confirmed. Rashford has been carrying a bone fracture healing machine for weeks. Against Norwich he came off injured and I don't know how many games I've seen him pull up holding his back. It doesn't matter how small a squad we have. I understand Ole knows every result counts but he can't keep playing players who obviously need a rest period. Did he really have to rush Pogba back against the mighty Rochdale? Or keep playing Mctominay? Or letting Maquire play on when he was obviously hurt? It's the managers responsibility to try and keep injuries to a minimum and not keep flogging them like dead horses and my own personal opinion is he's failing miserably.
Confirmed by who?

The official word coming out of the club is that he did not have a fracture prior to the Wolves game.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Confirmed by who?

The official word coming out of the club is that he did not have a fracture prior to the Wolves game.
Then why has Rashford been carrying around a bone fracture healing machine for the last couple of weeks? Just in case? Ole is lying through his teeth on this one. After the wolves game he said they gambled and lost now it's denial time.

Enigma_87

You know who
Confirmed by who?

The official word was that he had 2 knocks - knee and back coming into a FA replay, after playing non stop 90 mins after 90 mins for months.

Also the official word is when he got yet another knock he wasn't subbed right off, yet was introduced back in by the same manager who was well aware that he was struggling.

Proper management.

Asger

The official word was that he had 2 knocks - knee and back coming into a FA replay, after playing non stop 90 mins after 90 mins for months.

Also the official word is when he got yet another knock he wasn't subbed right off, yet was introduced back in by the same manager who was well aware that he was struggling.

Proper management.
Idiot player then, he has the final say....

Enigma_87

You know who
Idiot player then, he has the final say....
Yes, because we see all the time pro players subbing themselves on and off, without waiting for instructions. Have you played football like ever? You do know the adrenaline rush can keep the pain levels low for 5-10 mins, without you even knowing the exact seriousness of your condition at the exact moment?

If players should sub themselves off due to precaution why do we need Ole and why he's paid at a job?

lysglimt

Scout
It is slightly puzzling that OGS gets blamed for:

a) Not buying players
b) Not coaching players
c) Getting players injured

When we have a board, coaches and a Medical staff

Asger

You do know the adrenaline rush can keep the pain levels low for 5-10 mins
I can't remember i had adreneline rush one day before a match. If Rashford thought he was not ready DAY before the game then he should have said so, I was often injured when I was younger because I wanted to play even though I knew that I was not fit to play.

youngrell

Proper management.
He was coming off the back of a 60 minute performance in which he scored 2 goals and was man of the match for many people. He was then rested for the starting XI for the Wolves game and brought on to help us win the game.

Enigma_87

You know who
I can't remember i had adreneline rush one day before a match. If Rashford thought he was not ready DAY before the game then he should have said so, I was often injured when I was younger because I wanted to play even though I knew that I was not fit to play.
The adrenaline rush was in relation to Ole not even subbing him off in game after yet another knock that he received.

Rashford is young lad and needs guidance and management, when you are like that you will always want to play. It is the manager job to guide him through and not allow him to go off the boil.

The bolded part is the key one. Probably you youth manager and Solskjaer are on the same level.

Enigma_87

You know who
He was coming off the back of a 60 minute performance in which he scored 2 goals and was man of the match for many people. He was then rested for the starting XI for the Wolves game and brought on to help us win the game.
He has played more than 2300 minutes into the season and has played the full 90 minutes in 11 of the last 13 games in Premier league on top of playing 90 mins against City in the LC and against Chelsea, Colchester and Wolves (first game) in the cups.

He wasn't "rested", but carrying not one but two knocks, and still included in the match day squad.

In Premier league Rashford missed grand total of roughly 100 minutes for 23 games straight. Started all games in LC(apart from having a hip injury against Rochdale) and was subbed on in the first game against Wolves.

Last edited:

youngrell

He has played more than 2300 minutes into the season and has played the full 90 minutes in 11 of the last 13 games in Premier league on top of playing 90 mins against City in the LC and against Chelsea, Colchester and Wolves (first game) in the cups.

He wasn't "rested", but carrying not one but two knocks, and still included in the match day squad.

In Premier league Rashford missed grand total of roughly 100 minutes for 23 games straight. Started all games in LC(apart from having a hip injury against Rochdale) and was subbed on in the first game against Wolves.
Exactly, he wasn't risked from the start because he was carrying knocks but was risked for the last 25-30 mins, which is quite common when someone is not 100% fit. Unfortunately the risk didn't pay off as he got hurt further, but that could have happened with or without prior knocks.

I know that he has been overused overall, much like a lot of other important players because the squad is so thin, but the fact he played only 60 mins vs Norwich and then followed that up with a sub appearance shows that the management were trying to at least be cautious with him.

Giggsyking

Only for his injury management he should be nowhere near the players. He is a risk for their own health. Only for that he should be fired and kicked out of the club.

Lee565

Always thought his over reliance on the youth would end up doing more harm than good longterm and it's starting to show. Ole needs to either stop dithering like Moyes version 2 or be open that the club is holding back on funds because look at the situation we have ended up with by ignoring to sign a midfielder and attacker in the summer and by the looks of it this winter window as well, it's the players getting driven into the ground and potentially ending up burned out and the fans that are getting shafted the most with this lack of recruitment

Tony247

It is a thin squad and Ole is playing them game in game out, pushing the limit. This team doesn't have good bench is the fault of entire management team, most blame goes to Ole for shipping out players after players without bringing in replacements. So, he has to share the blame for injuries in winter.