Ole Gunnar Solskjær needs more time and respect at Manchester United

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm confused today because reading what experts tell me on here I assumed Chelsea would win by 5 or 6 with how easy people said the Newcastle game should have been for us with our decimated squad. And Spurs would hammer bottom of the league Watford with Poch coaching his great attacking football, instead of relying on VAR to avoid defeat.

fergiesarmy1

I'm confused today because reading what experts tell me on here I assumed Chelsea would win by 5 or 6 with how easy people said the Newcastle game should have been for us with our decimated squad. And Spurs would hammer bottom of the league Watford with Poch coaching his great attacking football, instead of relying on VAR to avoid defeat.
Neither contending with an injury crisis either but that doesn’t seem to matter one bit to the Ole out brigade.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
The most amazing thing is how many people hate the board and reducible their incompetence at footballing decisions while at the same time supporting the boards worse football decision in history and one that was made simply to shut up fans when the #glazersout was gathering momentum.

Leftback99

Neither contending with an injury crisis either but that doesn’t seem to matter one bit to the Ole out brigade.
The league has probably never been more competitive and we've certainly never had a weaker squad. Call it excuses, it's just reality.

croadyman

Newcastle clearly took heart from the win over us and showed a lot of fighting spirit today by the sounds of it, Spurs really look in a mess as big as ours with clearly dissension between two of the main players behind the scenes.

R'hllor

Really? Mourinho got called all names by the end of his stint here. Seriously, people seem to have such short memories.
He was called before he even became a United manager, he is what he is, a classless cnut but then majority that wanted him jumped with "Yea but he is gonna be our cnut /drool"

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Chelsea have a new manager who's had months less time than Ole, has lost his best player, and not been able to sign a single player due to a transfer ban...

And they just beat Newcastle the same Newcastle side that we lost to, in the previous gameweek.

Lampard's Chelsea are 3rd in the PL with 17 points.

Ole's Utd are 14th in the PL with 9 points.

fergiesarmy1

Chelsea have a new manager who's had months less time than Ole, has lost his best player, and not been able to sign a single player due to a transfer ban...

And they just beat Newcastle the same Newcastle side that we lost to, in the previous gameweek.

Because playing Newcastle away (who treat united as a cup final) is the same as Chelsea playing Newcastle at home?

el3mel

Because playing Newcastle away (who treat united as a cup final) is the same as Chelsea playing Newcastle at home?
They also defeated Southampton and Wolves both away 4-1 and 5-2 respectively, whom we both drew with.

Leftback99

Yes let's just ignore that 3rd place and Europa league winners Chelsea have a better squad then us, brought back a number of quality players from loan and a new £58m winger. Also don't have a massive injury crisis.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Is lack of respect if i say that he is better manager than Kepa? I would take Ole any day between those two

LJJT

Remember Oles first 3 months? It’s very early days in the season and very early in Lampards Chelsea career.

el3mel

Pretty small between the 2 current positions.
Not really. That's a good gap there. It means at least 3 matches lost for them and won for us to get past them.

Mind you they actually play better football and have been getting better results. Their youth have been integrated in the team quite well, and that's despite all their problems, lost their best player and had a transfer ban.

Leftback99

Remember Oles first 3 months? It’s very early days in the season and very early in Lampards Chelsea career.
They shouldn't even be compared. Chelsea had a well functioning team and a quality balanced squad. Lampard hasn't radically changed how they are playing from what Sarri drilled into them for a year. He even plays Kante in a similar role Sarri was criticised for.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Chemsea are 3rd. New, genuinely inexperienced manager who plays youth... no signings... lost his best player, has implemented a style of play in in one summer. Lampard makes a mockery of all the excuses people make for Solskjær

fergiesarmy1

According to him he is happy with his squad, so does not have any options to change a game when it is needed.
Well he could come out and say his team is shit and we’re getting relegated, not sure what good that will do until we have a transfer window though.

fergiesarmy1

Not really. That's a good gap there. It means at least 3 matches lost for them and won for us to get past them.

Mind you they actually play better football and have been getting better results. Their youth have been integrated in the team quite well, and that's despite all their problems, lost their best player and had a transfer ban.
It’s really not, in all my years following football it’s rare that the difference between 2nd and 16th place is 8 points after this many games.

Kemizee

Thinking about this today, Ole actually reminds me of Tom Cleverley.

A player who ran into a great form(started against City at Wembley Community Shield I think) which can be equated to Ole's initial period as Interim Manager. Almost everyone lauded and hyped Cleverley as the next Xavi or Iniesta and were so eager and got on the bandwagon to see him succeed(Local Lad, rare English player who plays like the Spanish midgets) same way it is with Ole(former club legend, knows the Club, in the same mould as Fergie, Better than oustider Poch, will stay with us for 15 years, Ole at the wheels etc..).

The similarity is that neither of them are good enough and the expectations of the club crushed both and exposed how average they are despite the initial hooray. One is currently playing for Watford while the other will be extreme lucky to even land a Championship job let alone a Premier League Gig once his inevitable sack looms.

Both of them are a nothing player/manager not fit enough to play for or manage us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well he could come out and say his team is shit and we’re getting relegated, not sure what good that will do until we have a transfer window though.
I do understand why he has to be upbeat about his squad. I just hope he gave Ed and Co hell that he did not get the players he wanted behind closed doors.

fergiesarmy1

I do understand why he has to be upbeat about his squad. I just hope he gave Ed and Co hell that he did not get the players he wanted behind closed doors.
That’s all I can assume as well, throwing toys around in public is something we have already seen and how it worked out.

Leftback99

Chemsea are 3rd. New, genuinely inexperienced manager who plays youth... no signings... lost his best player, has implemented a style of play in in one summer. Lampard makes a mockery of all the excuses people make for Solskjær
The 'youth' being 20+ year olds that have had decent loans the in the championship and £120k a week Hudson Odoi. Its like us playing James and Rashford.

He hasn't 'implemented a style of play' it's pretty much the same as Sarri.

el3mel

It’s really not, in all my years following football it’s rare that the difference between 2nd and 16th place is 8 points after this many games.
That's due to teams between both being not that good (and we're still below them). You have 4 teams with 12 points and 2 teams with 11. But an 8 points difference gap between 2 teams isn't small at all.

Everyone was predicting Chelsea to struggle like us and finish outside top 4 easily but here we're. They have far more positivity surrounding them even when they started the season in a dodgy way and that's for a reason. You can't say the same for us.

fergiesarmy1

That's due to teams between both being not that good (and we're still below them). You have 4 teams with 12 points and 2 teams with 11. But an 8 points difference gap between 2 teams isn't small at all.

Everyone was predicting Chelsea to struggle like us and finish outside top 4 easily but here we're. They have far more positivity surrounding them even when they started the season in a dodgy way and that's for a reason. You can't say the same for us.
You sure you aren’t a Chelsea fan ;)

el3mel

Haha it was a joke, all your arguments reference Chelsea who I really couldn’t care less about. Things have gone better for him clearly but it’s early days yet.
I was referencing Chelsea because they're the main topic of the argument from the start.

No problem though. :)

momo83

Massive Snowflake

I was one who thought Chelsea would struggle, who knows they still might, but have to say been impressed with Lampard. Don’t hear him making excuses about losing Hazard or the ban. Yet Ole every chance he gets, despite the fake positivity, talks as if he took over a club that was bound for relegation, while forgetting that he sold a striker for £70m, a CM went to PSG.

Lampard = does.
Solskjær = that guy who just talks about what he’s going to do

LJJT

Lampard also had a very good season in the Championship - a league that Ole also failed in and was sacked in.

Lampard is clearly a superior coach to OGS - by far, imo.
As I said, let’s see where we are all at in a few months time. It’s all opinion. Lampard was managing the high rollers of the championship with one of the biggest/best/most expensively assembles d squads and still didn’t get promoted. He’s on a good run right now but it could all be different come the new year

Irwin99

The thread about LVG's signings and the need to be patient and realise that we're in transition was an eye opener for me. We've been doing this for years.

I still just can not get over the planning for this season. If Ole wasn't thwarted by the board and genuinely believed everything would be fine then it's perfectly natural to question his judgement at this point.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The thread about LVG's signings and the need to be patient and realise that we're in transition was an eye opener for me. We've been doing this for years.

I still just can not get over the planning for this season. If Ole wasn't thwarted by the board and genuinely believed everything would be fine then it's perfectly natural to question his judgement at this point.
Questions is 5 games ago. Now it's boot time.

You can question why we finished 5th or 6th or 7th. But the way things are going we'd be lucky to finish top half.